• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |eSports| 4444 Life

Wow. Saw this like yesterday and now its already a shirt. This is a nod thats got some legs already.

O5luIqC.jpg

Good shit. I'd make a new twitch name but I'm too invested in my current one.

Edit: Oh LMAO they spelled it Dragonbahl

Negaduck

Saw another shirt in twitter that was literally the when's Mahvel shirt with dragonbahl instead of Mahvel.

People trying to cash this craze in quick.

Capcom should really push back MvCI release date by 6 months to a year. Ask disney to put some more money into it. Redo art and graphics engine. Add all DLC characters to initial roster if they really want to be able to survive in this super competitive market. Capcom products are miserable now compared to their competition like Injustice 2, Upcoming DBZ, Tekken 7, GG revelator etc. Sure competitive the 20 or so "MAHVEL" lovers will keep playing capcom games but financially (which runs the company) will be a tremendous failure again like SFV, SFxTekken ,UMvC3. W/e ground they covered with USFIV which is still probably the best Sold FG on steam (big achievement) is now lost.

Dahbomb

The first 20% is the hardest usually.

I think the rest of it is adding in the stages and the characters which is still a good chunk. The core combat seems to be pretty much locked in because it seems hella polished.

I think the rest of it is adding in the stages and the characters which is still a good chunk. The core combat seems to be pretty much locked in because it seems hella polished.

Meanwhile, Capcom wasn't even sure what MvCi's control scheme would be when the game was revealed.

Seyavesh

FChamp playing DAT Project Marvel!

champ still playing phoenix is pretty funny considering dark phoenix just outright does not exist anymore in project marvel (...which i think is now called marvel vs capcom 3 EX or something? emc's been throwing around names since neither of us like how 'project marvel' sounds/how it conflicts w. project m and idk if anything's stuck yet)

though i'm sure he's also really enjoying being able to play 850k health regular phoenix as anchor magneto+++++++++. she is pretty, prettttty tight

Tizoc

KOF XV got blown up for its graphics and never recovered, why would MvC:I be any different?

Because it's a Capcom fighter and Capcom fighters are generally the goto games in the FGC; has been for years-
SF3 and MvC2
SF4 and MvC3

KoF 14 is still being played though.

Sayad

KOF XV got blown up for its graphics and never recovered, why would MvC:I be any different?
Fixing the bad faces is a lot less work than what KoF had to do to look like a current gen game(changing engine basically). Capcom didn't care about Ken's face, but the backlash now seem much stronger.

BadWolf

Watched her interview and she sounded very passionate and down to earth, both about the IP and fighters.

If that is their definition of 20% then man, they really put a lot of other devs to shame.

Been watching more footage and it's easily one of the best looking fighters ever. GG has characters that are kinda over designed but here the simpler and more focused designs of the characters and the bright colors really make their engine/tech shine even more.

Here's Gohan's level 5 super btw.

Sigmaah

Watched her interview and she sounded very passionate and down to earth, both about the IP and fighters.

If that is their definition of 20% then man, they really put a lot of other devs to shame.

Been watching more footage and it's easily one of the best looking fighters ever. GG has characters that are kinda over designed but here the simpler and more focused designs of the characters and the bright colors really make their engine/tech shine even more.

Here's Gohan's level 5 super btw.

Nothing will beat father-son KMH.

So fucking good.

If there's a story mode, that can take up a decent amount of time/budget as well.

Beckx

I really want to get into DBFZ but I don't want to wear out my DS4. Is the Hori Fight Commander a good fightpad?

yes, i have one. it's great. only drawback is no touchpad functionality.

-----------------------------

help i'm dead

DCP3oijVwAAqNAp

MechaX

I have to give Bamco credit; it takes some talent when a goddamn DBZ game got me the most hyped during E3 even though two new Metroid games got announced.

Line_HTX

https://twitter.com/gatoray_kof/status/874853246698913793
Dragon Ball Fighter Z has been developed approx 20%. (by Tomoko Hiroki Producer)
20%? That's complete by Cacpcom standards.

I didn't think MVCi could get worse, but now they're taking notes from NRS' animation department.

DBZF is currently not even at 25% full power and already bodying MvCI, so much so that even Aris, YES ARIS! acknowledges that it looks and plays better.

Beckx

so despite knowing most of the chars in DBZ i've never seen or read it. thinking about getting the manga (b/c lol at catching up on the anime). DBZ is available digitally but Dragonball is not. is it bad to start with DBZ or are they basically separate?

Tizoc

so despite knowing most of the chars in DBZ i've never seen or read it. thinking about getting the manga (b/c lol at catching up on the anime). DBZ is available digitally but Dragonball is not. is it bad to start with DBZ or are they basically separate?
90% of everyone outside japan started with dbz
Db is still worth reading as it is a fun series and has some of toriyama's best art

Line_HTX

Ehh, at this point in time, it's not really bad to start with DBZ. Hell, I started with DBZ and then later on went back to DB. DB is more of like origin before the craziness, I guess.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man

If you're going with the manga absolutely start with Dragon Ball

Dahbomb

DBZ is a continuation of DB so you might miss character references and backgrounds.

Like the first arc of DBZ is Raditz coming to earth looking for Goku and you have Piccolo and Goku team up. Before this moment Piccolo was a villain so you wouldn't know that this moment was actually pretty hype if you didn't see DB.

But you can still miss out on DB and just fill in the blanks to be honest. It's not a complicated story at all, you are just going to be like "what who the hell is this character and where did he come from?"

The global story is actually advanced in DBZ where we learn of Goku'a extraterresterial origins.

And as far as quality goes, DB > DBZ. DBZ at this point is basically a parody of bad power fantasy anime though it has some legit hype moments. I still recommend watching the anime for some of the hype moments (or just youtube them). The English voice acting plus Falconer hype music... and the memes.

"Trust me you will love this. What you are seeing right now is my normal state."

Beckx

If you're going with the manga absolutely start with Dragon Ball

And as far as quality goes, DB > DBZ. DBZ at this point is basically a parody of bad power fantasy anime though it has some legit hype moments.

Db is still worth reading as it is a fun series and has some of toriyama's best art

hrm. well, it looks like they are digital after all. viz has so many editions it's confusing. I can't even tell how many volumes are in the overall story.

Ehh, at this point in time, it's not really bad to start with DBZ. Hell, I started with DBZ and then later on went back to DB. DB is more of like origin before the craziness, I guess.

maybe I'll buy the first volume of each then lol. that's what i'm doing with one piece, reading the manga post time skip and watching the anime (on and off) for the pre-time skip stuff.

Top Bottom