• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |eSports| 4444 Life

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Exactly why I don't feel roo bad about the decline. Driving to Daytona is no fun.

I'd be hard-pressed to believe it's worse than driving through their current location.

The first year I went, I stayed at a hotel maybe 2 miles away that was half the price, thinking that it wouldn't be a problem to drive to the venue each day.

That drive to and from the venue took an hour each way. Bleh.

notworksafe

the difference is orlando has bad traffic and daytona is just a bad area (and like an hour drive from MCO if you're flying into there)

Line_HTX

All those shirts Kenny Omega brought over, whew

DCYEHJPV0AA-Ltu.jpg

ShinMaruku

I'd be hard-pressed to believe it's worse than driving through their current location.

The first year I went, I stayed at a hotel maybe 2 miles away that was half the price, thinking that it wouldn't be a problem to drive to the venue each day.

That drive to and from the venue took an hour each way. Bleh.
I am a local and it takes me 35 mins to get there. However I know other ways in rather than just staying on the I drive

the difference is orlando has bad traffic and daytona is just a bad area (and like an hour drive from MCO if you're flying into there)
Exactly. Daytona is bad traffic + bad area and depending on time about 1.5 hour drive each way, it's a really sub optimal spot.

I'd have rather him try to get the orlando convention area, but the price might have been touchy.

Dahbomb

Looking at the CEO schedule, I suddenly remembered that not only is Blazblue a game that is being played at EVO.. but it's a Sunday game...

Watching Max's lastest MvCi video, I swear it looks better on the E3 off-screen footage vs the PS demo version. Did they push up the ambient occlusion and more sophisticated lighting?

Dahbomb

Watching Max's lastest MvCi video, I swear it looks better on the E3 off-screen footage vs the PS demo version. Did they push up the ambient occlusion and more sophisticated lighting?
Everyone is saying it does.

Person who decided that they should release the story mode demo instead of the E3 build (but with fewer characters) needs to be fired asap. Capcom probably lost millions of dollars based on that decision.

Negaduck

A lot of people were saying the e3 build looks way better than the story demo we got. Not sure of specifics but I saw that sentiment repeated about seeing it in person at e3

While Injustice gets the Saturday slot. I don't understand.

First year of Injustice at EVO finals had people booing the grand finals due to Superman zoning. IJ2 finals at EVO this year seems likely to head in a similar direction.

Last time BB was on EVO finals, Galileo made the most epic of comebacks with his Litchi against Dogura's Azrael during grand finals.

I understand.

Negaduck

First year of Injustice at EVO finals had people booing the grand finals due to Superman zoning. IJ2 finals at EVO this year seems likely to head in a similar direction.

Last time BB was on EVO finals, Galileo made the most epic of comebacks with his Litchi against Dogura's Azrael during grand finals.

I understand.

Man that was one hell of a grand finals. I need to watch that again. And the Bala kof finals too.

Beckx

Keep in mind that Toriyama made it up as he went along. The manga was mainly about Goku and Bulma's adventures to find the Dragon balls, and it was inspired by Journey to the West. Following the end of the first arc
it goes into a Tourney arc which is pretty good itself, before going back to Goku going on an adventure to collect the Dragon balls again

Oh its good its just super weird! Shapeshifting pigs, "pat-pats", and slapstick routines.

The first volume of DBZ is closer to what I was expecting.

Will be interesting seeing how it transformed.

Tripon

Oh its good its just super weird! Shapeshifting pigs, "pat-pats", and slapstick routines.

The first volume of DBZ is closer to what I was expecting.

Will be interesting seeing how it transformed.

Krillin and Yamcha were actual threats at one point.

Compbros

I understand.

I2 is not I1, there's no overwhelmingly dumb and braindead strategies as pre-patch superman. Plus evo finals have never been about the hypeest games making Sunday because the year after Blazblue was taken off Sunday despite having the hypeest top 8. Guilty Gear consistently gets more entrants and is Saturday. There's no measure for why a game makes Sunday but it certainly isn't hype nor lackthereof.

I2 is not I1, there's no overwhelmingly dumb and braindead strategies as pre-patch superman.

I agree, but the EVO crowd likely doesn't see it that way. They think of Injustice being at EVO and remember that grand finals with KDZ's Superman. I think people are expecting a top 8 of nothing but Batman, Aquaman, Black Adam, and SonicFox's Deadshot.

The fact that BB had the Galileo vs Dogura hype grand finals ensures that Central Fiction gets at least one year on Sunday. Injustice never got to have such a moment at an EVO. If IJ2 brings the hype, then it'll probably get to be on Sunday in 2018. Will it, though? We'll see.

Anne

I'm gonna be that guy and point out the CEO numbers fo rsmaller games really aren't that much lower, esp when you look at SFV/Smash.

I'm operating under the assumption of what Curly said, as well banking on the theory I had last year that SFV created an inflated bubble of entrants to all tournaments last year, even across games. I didn't expect to see it sustained and seeing numbers drop like this is about what I expected.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
DBFZ is definitely the best game at the worst E3 since I started following it. It really has little competition. I'm kind of shocked how few new game announcements there were alone, and seemingly the most from MS at that.

Sayad

I hope the fact DBZF is getting a beta means ASW is upgrading their netcode.
The game's producer made it clear they also have a Bandai-Namco team working on the game beside ASW, wouldn't be surprised if it's using BN's net code, or even GGPO which BN used for a Dragon Ball game before.

JeTmAn81

there is a tournament for it at evo w cash prize

but beyond that, prob not

Project Marvel might take off a bit if UMVC3 hits Melee status in the wake of a disappointing MVCI, but I wouldn't expect it to get relatively bigger than Project M ever did.

Sayad

Capcom probably wouldn't want it to be officially played in any tournament they support, especially once MvCI is out.

CO_Andy

I just want to see mah boi Spidey being played at tournaments ;_;

What's up with Tekken 7 numbers being down from last year when the game just came out and everyone was praising the game to the high heavens?

Tripon

I just want to see mah boi Spidey being played at tournaments ;_;

What's up with Tekken 7 numbers being down from last year when the game just came out and everyone was praising the game to the high heavens?
Now they have to pay to play in tournament. Last year, it was a free entry game.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
DBFZ is the fighting game the community needs right now. I don't know what game has had people this excited with minimal cynicism, from all different FGC communities. ASW folk are down, you've got the Marvel crowd being pulled in, and obviously DBZ fans are happy.

DBZ transcends communities that and maybe even generations to some degree.

Wouldn't be surprised if it's only 2nd to Street Fighter in entrants next EVO.

I'm kind of shocked how few new game announcements there were alone, and seemingly the most from MS at that.
Because most of them got announced before E3, or leaked.

Anthem was one of the few new games, and it was just "another one of those". It doesn't matter if they announce new games if they just look exactly like ones that already came out.

He's saying people don't deserve to criticize MVCI if they weren't at E3.

Best clip I was able to get. Stream chat was going in on him hard. https://clips.twitch.tv/CrypticCrackyCheddarChocolateRain
I don't get this tbh. He said he liked how the game played and that it's free form. He admits game looks bad, but gameplay matters more to him. He even says the new DBZ game looks better and has both good gameplay and graphics. What more do people want?

Everyone is saying it does.

Person who decided that they should release the story mode demo instead of the E3 build (but with fewer characters) needs to be fired asap. Capcom probably lost millions of dollars based on that decision.

Not saying it's right. But you have to get a demo build through 1st party and approved. At E3, you can have the latest code from the night before if you wanted, installed on the kits.

Top Bottom