• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |eSports| 4444 Life

Wow, that is actually a huge deal especially for Tekken considering Saudi Arabia has one of the strongest Tekken scenes in the middle east. (GCC is part of the Tekken World Tour as well).

For example Kayyal and BMNS-13 are both from the Saudi scene who traveled to the US to study & both got top 8 at the EVO's they attended. Gagguni is another player originally from the Saudi scene.
That ban is the most ridiculous bullshit ever, a lot of friends already booked to go there, GCC Majors is basically all that KoF and GG scenes have in the region. Really hope this get fixed in the next few days.
Not sure if it's been posted but GCC Majors 2017 did indeed get cancelled. This is such a shitty state of affairs :(

DColCU7XYAEe7wV.jpg:orig

Beckx

Everybody I've talked to in the past few days says the English Gundam VS community is a toxic shithole

that's weird. GundamGAF is good people, even LostConfused behaved. donkeyshow, shouta, tekno, MechaX,JCTrix, enron, dunpeal, and a buncha others (some of whom are shadow-realmed now).

i remember stories of this one dude who would send flame messages to anyone who played with him, but that's it.

but then again there is a loud garbage contingent to the English Gundam fandom anyway so maybe they got into VS. just mute anyone who says UC is the only real Gundam and you should be fine!

I tried to play once in exvs fb and called it quits when that shit lagged hard. Thankfully I was able to get a good amt of local matches in for a while even though i didnt know what I was doing

Beckx

The netcode was good if you had a room of NA/EU folks. But if you played in an open room with Japanrse players it would start lagging hard. I remember one JP/NA/EU match that was such a slideshow it was like playing in slow motion.

I won that game ;_;

Pompadour

not enough LULs in the world to express how I feel. Can't wait for the inevitable gaming side thread though

To be fair, the article is right that the parrying timing wasn't the hard part. It's knowing when Wong was going to activate super because it can't be parried on reaction. He had to pre-emptively parry the super
or waggle the stick left and right trying to accidentally parry something like everyone else.

that's weird. GundamGAF is good people, even LostConfused behaved. donkeyshow, shouta, tekno, MechaX,JCTrix, enron, dunpeal, and a buncha others (some of whom are shadow-realmed now).

i remember stories of this one dude who would send flame messages to anyone who played with him, but that's it.

but then again there is a loud garbage contingent to the English Gundam fandom anyway so maybe they got into VS. just mute anyone who says UC is the only real Gundam and you should be fine!

i think they were talking primarily about the ubw folks and how they'd constantly berate you for your choice of suit or for not instantly being a golden god of gundam? idk how true it is

Sayad

Not sure if it's been posted but GCC Majors 2017 did indeed get cancelled. This is such a shitty state of affairs :(
Yea, saw this, considering that nothing changed diplomatically since then, this was inevitable. No way they'd be able to change where it takes place three weeks before the event. :(

Beckx

i think they were talking primarily about the ubw folks and how they'd constantly berate you for your choice of suit or for not instantly being a golden god of gundam? idk how true it is

Dunno. I rarely left the warm embrace of gGAF rooms. Like i said there was at least one dude famous for being an asshat like that, and if you told me more did it i wouldn't be surprised. Competitive co-op brings out the worst in some people i guess. Like imagine what the online sfv coomunity would say to each other if that game was 2v2 co-op.

Shouta

I didn't play with that group too often but as I recall, the scrubs were like that. The good folks weren't too bad as I recall but I'm going on purely memory.

gGAF is pretty chill overall though. It's fine if you're in to play and not get overly competitive about it.

I didn't play with that group too often but as I recall, the scrubs were like that. The good folks weren't too bad as I recall but I'm going on purely memory.

gGAF is pretty chill overall though. It's fine if you're in to play and not get overly competitive about it.

If I'm not winning and not having a good time you better bet Im gonna make my teammate have a bad time as well

MrDaravon

Got Tekken 7 today, my first Tekken since 3. Booted it up and realized I have no fucking idea where to even begin trying to learn/relearn the game haha. I popped into Training Mode and there was 132 moves on my move list and was like fuuuuuuuuuck. I think the main thing fucking me up is the attacks being different based also on what direction you're pressing as well. It's pretty overwhelming to get into. Guess I'll just try to learn the buttons and some simple combos, go online and get wrecked, and that should hopefully give me enough experience for a jumping off point to start looking up matches/videos.

Feels great to finally have the goddamn game, but man it's release date is terrible for me. Really wish this had been out late last year :/

I get my fill of Florida weather with my yearly CEO visit.

Dunno why you'd willingly move there.
Wife.

That Team America World Police vomit gif applies here, but I won't post it because it grosses me out.

Damn, I was looking forward to Mahvel and/or DBZ with you.

Hope everything works out!
Me too. If you are open this weekend, we could have one last get-together.

Congrats on moving to America's boner.
RIP.

...but Cali is right there....
You can't live in California as a teacher on one income. lol

Plus, the one condolence I get for moving to Florida is that I'm adding another blue vote to the system there. I actually think liberals should start moving to purple states to move this country forward. Florida is a good target.

There's a very nice woman helping us move to Florida right now, and it has given me an idea for Project Bluestate - a way for the left to help other lefties move to red states so we can keep this country from becoming Russia Jr.

Anne

oh come on. Numbers will be back to where evo 2016 was after MvC I comes out.

I'm not saying numbers are gonna stay down. I'm just saying the trend of a new release getting hundreds of extra entrants over the norm for the first few months is starting to calm down.

Wife.

That Team America World Police vomit gif applies here, but I won't post it because it grosses me out.

Me too. If you are open this weekend, we could have one last get-together.

RIP.

You can't live in California as a teacher on one income. lol

Plus, the one condolence I get for moving to Florida is that I'm adding another blue vote to the system there. I actually think liberals should start moving to purple states to move this country forward. Florida is a good target.

There's a very nice woman helping us move to Florida right now, and it has given me an idea for Project Bluestate - a way for the left to help other lefties move to red states so we can keep this country from becoming Russia Jr.
You're the only income and you're a teacher? Man I feel for you...

Dahbomb

We have gone through this song and dance before many times.

*Skullgirls gonna kill Marvel.
*SFXT gonna kill Marvel.
*Injustice gonna kill Marvel.
*Persona 4 gonna kill Marvel.
GGXrd gonna kill Marvel.
*Smash 4 gonna kill Marvel.
*Killer Instinct gonna kill Marvel.
*MKX gonna kill Marvel.
*Injustice 2 gonna kill Marvel.
*SFV gonna kill Marvel.

The prophecy states that only a Marvel game can kill a Marvel game. Marvel 3 is finally going to due when Infinite comes out just like Marvel 2 finally died when 3 came out.

Tripon

*SFXT gonna kill Marvel.
GGXrd gonna kill Marvel.
*MKX gonna kill Marvel.
*SFV gonna kill Marvel.

The prophecy states that only a Marvel game can kill a Marvel game.

But Marvel died already?

You're the only income and you're a teacher? Man I feel for you...
It's a conscious decision - my wife is a licensed veterinary nurse. But we value my son having a parent at home with him more than a second income. He's had almost 2 full years of nursing on demand, and I think he'll be better for it. :)

*SFXT gonna kill Marvel.
GGXrd gonna kill Marvel.
*MKX gonna kill Marvel.
*SFV gonna kill Marvel.

The prophecy states that only a Marvel game can kill a Marvel game. Marvel 3 is finally going to due when Infinite comes out just like Marvel 2 finally died when 3 came out.
Capcom gonna kill Marvel.

VariantX

It's a conscious decision - my wife is a licensed veterinary nurse. But we value my son having a parent at home with him more than a second income. He's had almost 2 full years of nursing on demand, and I think he'll be better for it. :)

Capcom gonna kill Marvel.

Like the destroying the one ring forged in the fires of Mt. Doom Capcom.

Got Tekken 7 today, my first Tekken since 3. Booted it up and realized I have no fucking idea where to even begin trying to learn/relearn the game haha. I popped into Training Mode and there was 132 moves on my move list and was like fuuuuuuuuuck. I think the main thing fucking me up is the attacks being different based also on what direction you're pressing as well. It's pretty overwhelming to get into. Guess I'll just try to learn the buttons and some simple combos, go online and get wrecked, and that should hopefully give me enough experience for a jumping off point to start looking up matches/videos.

Feels great to finally have the goddamn game, but man it's release date is terrible for me. Really wish this had been out late last year :/

Your not really meant to learn every single move, and a good number are listed as different moves while having a single button, or movement difference from the previous. Just mess around with stuff, go to the bottom of the list for sample combos and see what kinda stuff your character is trying to do. Then change stuff up to see what hits and dosn't. Really open ended but don't let that get into your head.

JeTmAn81

Is your kid watching it with you? How does he/she like it, if so? I tried to get my son to watch a little DBZ and he didn't care about it. But then I played through the MvCi demo and he loved it and wanted more. He loves dinosaurs right now, so I imagine I'll be playing some Riptor when I get KI on Steam.

She is normally watching Sarah & Duck on the Wii U while I watch DBZ but she does glance up from time to time and seem interested, especially when a Saiyan goes beast form.

Top Bottom