• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |eSports| 4444 Life

shaowebb

2nd Round Poll for this week's Punch the Ballot is up!

Winning game will be played/streamed as an online tournament this Wednesday!

Tatsunoko vs Capcom is winning! VOTE FOR TVC! WE GOT NEW TECH AND CURRENT PLAYERS!

https://giant.gfycat.com/MiniatureIncompatibleAmericancrayfish.webm

Speaking of which, I have a reminder for the TVC dolphin group's new Quarterly Prize Fight!. Top 3 competitors in the tournament THIS SATURDAY 4pm EST get a free copy of ULTIMATE MARVEL VS CAPCOM 3 for PC!
http://tvcnetplay.challonge.com/PRZFT1

Dont know how you should setup Dolphin for TVC? No problem. You can get that setup and goin this week in plenty of time. The Discord group has you covered in their resources section. Plus we are always open to walk folks through stuff and help each other all the time.

Permanent Invite to the TVC Discord channel
Show up, setup, and play. We match make and chat all the time, have a weekly, and great players like Kbeast, MagnomanX, our own Fadedrevolution and more are there.

Dont wanna compete but still wanna watch the fight for Mahvel? Then tune into the twitch stream as the tournament will be streamed live.
https://www.twitch.tv/tvc_netplay

shaowebb

If ya wanna win UMVC3 PC for free try showing up on Saturday for the TVC tourney. Its easily enough time to sharpen your fangs with a few characters. Ryu is especially good in TVC so it wouldn't be too hard to make teams off of him or any other tried and true classic folks are likely to know on short notice.

Just gotta get used to the movement of jump airdash doublejump airdash stuff. Makes for some neat left rights in the air if you forward then back airdash it.

EDIT: Speaking of airdashing I just found out the Arcana Heart discord group has a weekly on saturdays after TVC all the time too! I'll setup some footage, links and stuff for folks to watch or enter in this saturday's tourney as well later once the links are up. :D
We got weeklies for TVC and AH3LM!

Rhapsody

Banned
Anime Ascension was fun. Makes me miss going to larger tourneys again and hanging out with people. Hopefully I can make it to Evo, as long as nothing comes up.

FACE

Banned
That game has smash-like controls, no thanks.

Anime Ascension was fun. Makes me miss going to larger tourneys again and hanging out with people. Hopefully I can make it to Evo, as long as nothing comes up.

I saw you win a match with Mai on stream, good shit.

Rhapsody

Banned

I saw you win a match with Mai on stream, good shit.

Oh, thanks. Mai's been cool, so I've been wanting to keep using her lately in BBCF.

Overall, pretty satisfied with how BB went. First time I used her in this setting and got 17th. Xrd I played dumb and got 33rd. Could've gone further but oh well. Off days happen.

Nope, all-new control scheme for the v2017 game. They've got a subtitled video on their new battle system...

Here it is https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSZjnTqbR50

Basically their idea is:

2 health bars, Darkstalkers style.
You also have a super bar.

Four buttons - light, heavy, light special ("beta") and heavy special ("alpha").

Normals do low damage, build super meter.
Special moves are like EX normals, require super to do, much higher damage.
Each character has a super, that takes a chunk of super bar, and a hyper, which takes two chunks.

You win the match once you've reduced the opponent's two life bars to zero, UNLESS they have super bar remaining. In that case, the super bar is like a third health bar.
However, if you KO someone's second health bar with a super, that's it, they're done, game over.

shaowebb

Polls are closed!

The winning game for tomorrow's Punch the Ballot tournament is...

TATSUNOKO VS CAPCOM!

Will be streamed here.

JOtfbCh.gif

What time is that tournament? Its not listed. I'm spreading this to all the heavy hitters on the TVC community. Hoping to get Kbeast and some of the tops to see it.

EDIT: 10pm est.
Kbeast is registered as Mike Rotch.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I had to disable it. Certain antivirus, etc are having a bunch of issues. I thought it was Twitch but it appeared in a bunch of major sites.

People are saying some guy died while streaming. Poor guy.

Bizazedo

So since For Honor is basically a fighting game, how hard will the drop-off be when people realize they suck? Or will the 4vs4 modes keep them on?

shaowebb

Good news for all those who would like to actually play some Arcana Heart 3 Love Max in a tournament...

This saturday (Feb25th) 8PM EST is Real Exciting Netplay Tournament 3 (RENT) for Arcana Heart 3 Love Max!!!!!

https://giant.gfycat.com/ScholarlyBlushingBeardeddragon.webm

This will be for the PC Steam Edition of the game so friend requesting the tourney host will get you into the lobby
fddcsjxk said:
do not forget to connect to the internet, and also to send a friend request to the steam user "fddcsjxk"
http://steamcommunity.com/id/fddcsjxk

Stream can be viewed on their twitch channel below.
https://www.twitch.tv/madworlder_

All levels of play welcome. After all if my free-ness is there you'll be fine and get at least one win because I never practice. Come enjoy this sandbox of a game that lets you combine any moveset with an entire character's worth of extra passive, specials, supers, extend force (xfactor perks with varying abilities), and Arcana Blazes (like ultras!)

Line_HTX

I had to disable it. Certain antivirus, etc are having a bunch of issues. I thought it was Twitch but it appeared in a bunch of major sites.

People are saying some guy died while streaming. Poor guy.

Yeah, it was a dude who was doing a 24 hour marathon charity with World of Tanks. He left to go take a break and never came back.

shaowebb

Berserk Dynasty Warriors somehow looks worse.

As a dedicated Musou enthusiast I gotta say it looks pretty dull honestly. Unless you are diehard about the show it doesn't look to be super exciting. From color palettes to movesets its all about tone and altruism to source material from the looks of it. Sadly that makes for a much slower musou title than normal. Looks better than Hokuto no Ken but definitely not as good as their Gundam, Zelda, or One piece outings. I'd put it roughly on par with Namco's Kamen Rider musous even if its a bit better in terms of quality. Basically, you're there if you like the material.

Honestly I wonder if Koei will ever try to bring back a dedicated DW fighting title? They included a neat arena 3v3 fighter with 4 assists back with Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate that was super busted, but I could see them doing something eventually. Either a Soul calibur sorta thing or possibly a powerstone like arena fighter.

Top Bottom