• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |eSports| 4444 Life

kikiribu

Oh dear...

DKGW4G9UMAAz86q.jpg
I've shit on MVCI lots of times but I actually like her face in that pic lol

shaowebb

why is the space between her lip and her nose so fuckin huge? she looks like a dr seuss character.

This. Plus her hand is bigger than her head too so shes got a bit of dat SF style proportion as well. Guess they weren't just interns but unpaid interns. Didn't even bother doin proportion checks vs the character art or anatomy charts. The men got no necks and shrunken heads and the women got giraffe necks and also shrunken heads (lol chun's tiny tiny head).

Pray for patches that fix the models and chromatic aberration. At least the online is solid though.

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
in all seriousness i hope the game is good & that versus fans like it
i'm just surprised it released looking as ugly as it does??? character design is just incoherent. what the fuck happened to spider man alsjdf;kjd;f

shaowebb

If MVCI does poorly I hope they realize that its due to how poorly it comes across in trailers and on boxes with these models and crazy CA with rampant recycled roster syndrome. You trying to look new then show new faces and make certain those faces dont look like a 360 version of a Dr Seuss giraffe. Gameplay and netplay seem great so far, but man did this need to be polished better in presentation and roster.

Please lord let this be a work in progress on models and shaders. The roster is coming but man we need to do some damage control on these things because this is gonna get as bad as Injustice 1 Wonder Woman screenshotting with these models. Just look at Spiderman or Chris of FLANK.

TfJYS5w.jpg

oU7MWDn.png
Z1Fohg0.jpg

shaowebb

this looks like a pic from one of those wrestling games with really robust custom character creator options.

I think a lot of the guys have this problem. Its like they wanted those huge Goldberg shoulders but didn't use reference images and didn't know how high those muscles needed to be. If you over do it you either end up goin as high as the entire neck or you see folks put a neck on top of those instead of starting at the collar bone region and you get another type of giraffe problem entirely from the stuff you see Morrigan suffering from (trust me it is worse than hers if you've seen this). Dont ask me why he also has a tiny head though. There is zero reason for that unless they simply shrank head neck and all trying to correct a giraffe problem after fucking up proportions and that takes some fuckery with masking to even begin to end up doing.

No clue here. How these models got past peer checking or silhouette tests without drastically overhauling them using reference materials I'll never know. I mean you can even load 2d images as overlays to tug models into the correct proportions to match your reference art! Its not like they had to do this by memory or guess work. It would honestly take longer to wing it than to do it correctly.

I think we're just seeing the end results of very green and very cheap interns or new employees crumbling under deadlines. This is very very rough.

Stop pretending like Melee won't outlive us all

It probably will lol.

Nintendo should think about redoing that for Switch. And maybe...updating it for the tournaments that they want no part of.

It would sell a lot though

I wonder what happened to Poongko. He's not entering anymore tournaments this year and next possibly..

shaowebb

literally blind hate

sbeb253420bb2ceacccd7fa2c1ddcdbfb.jpg

graphically they can't be compared, and art style obviously comes down to preference but they both look bad

Actually since the TVC community has long since migrated to Dolphin for the netplay and since Frosty Faustings is making the Dolphin setup standard for the tournament (likely so folks can use sticks more readily and since this is how folks are used to it running now) what we play looks more like this.
:p

https://giant.gfycat.com/SafeGlitteringAngelwingmussel.webm

Nothing amazing. Models were still built a bit blocky back in those days, but its not nearly as bad as that still shot above. MVCI has problems, its proportions are definitely a lot worse than TVC and the Chromatic Aberation is hurting it a ton, but overall MVCI doesn't look like a polygonal Wii title. Just a poorly made current one.

chocolate disco

Neo Member
TvC looks fantastic. Better than MvC3 in everything other than gameplay. Can't comment on gameplay.

I say MvC3, because MvCI looks worse than either of them.

kikiribu

Actually since the TVC community has long since migrated to Dolphin for the netplay and since Frosty Faustings is making the Dolphin setup standard for the tournament (likely so folks can use sticks more readily and since this is how folks are used to it running now) what we play looks more like this.
:p

https://giant.gfycat.com/SafeGlitteringAngelwingmussel.webm

Nothing amazing. Models were still built a bit blocky back in those days, but its not nearly as bad as that still shot above. MVCI has problems, its proportions are definitely a lot worse than TVC and the Chromatic Aberation is hurting it a ton, but overall MVCI doesn't look like a polygonal Wii title. Just a poorly made current one.
So it looks like this in stills

Still don't see it how it looks good in any way tbh. MvCI is ugly too but it's still way ahead in graphics (art direction is bad tho)

Top Bottom