• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |eSports| 4444 Life

Does MVCI play better than it looks?

Not really feeling it TBH, but might pick it up if it's at least fun to play.

Funny I live in a world where I might enjoy DBFZ more than MVCI...

I just find it amusing there were hardly any hype TV commercials for Infinite and lots of Destiny 2 ones.

I doubt Capcom spend hardly any money on marketing and are relying mostly on word of mouth from the player-base and tournament's to market the game in the long run.
Destiny on the other hand, I am sure their publisher are not afraid on spending millions on marketing especially for a Bungie game.

Anne

MvC:I plays a lot better than it looks. It's kinda funky and honestly a tad bit boring and safe so far. It's not blowing anybody's socks off but it's not the SFV mess out the box where people are asking why things feel off. Gonna take a minute to see where it pans out. Shit does feel kinda janky in spots too that should have been ironed out from the demoes.

Idk. It's not aggressively bad but it's not some stand out so far. Like I Said in the thread earlier, I feel like it's a bit of a risky buy because Idk where things go from here and it's Capcom. The best I can say about it is that's not a horrible feeling mess out the box, and the worst I can say is that it's kinda boring and a bit on the janky side.\

I don't know what people have been saying about DBZ and I don't care because the game still looks mad fun.

Basically what ZTS was going on about. Meanwhile most of the more experienced ASW players are fiddling around and finding stuff and saying wait to see if it gets hard.

Shit has invisible ass mix ups at least lol https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Euz8IxtCD8U

Line_HTX

Whoever keeps shittalking DBFZ to even make some pointless comparison ought to get blasted and blown up to pieces.

Really, Joe? C'mon, man.

ShinMaruku

On one hand the blasting dbz is retarded, but so is blasting marvel for being capcom made. When neither games are openly offensive.

Line_HTX

It's not about talking bad, it's the stupid excuse to try to one up the other. Like let people enjoy whichever game they want, both of them look good.

Dahbomb

It's not about talking bad, it's the stupid excuse to try to one up the other. Like let people enjoy whichever game they want, both of them look good.
I need more context than that. Is he comparing MVCI to DBZ? If so why is that a problem now? People had no qualms about shitting on MVCI before by comparing it to DBZ.

ShinMaruku

I think that's the result of fake ass showmanship where they need to one up each other. Really pointless because both have their own fan bases. That said Sooa will be more hype on dbz than marvel. :p

Anne

I will say DBFZ is not above criticism right now btw. Ithink the "too easy and simple" stuff is kinda whatever, but the fact it's coming up means they're not doing their best to bring out the strengths of their characters/tools. It's pretty easy to feel samey watching it since people aren't often exploring into it.

That being said ASW hasn't dropped the ball on that front yet, so they can get a bit of benefit of the doubt. I do hope that trend continues.

I do think comparing MvCI and DBFZ right now is kind of laughable right now though.

Chavelo

The saving grace for DBFZ at the moment is that they still got a while to go before it gets released. They did do a good amount of changes from E3/EVO to Gamescom, so they are trying to change the game as it goes.

DBFZ looks amazing as the day as it was announced (if not more due to the new characters). All they need to focus on now is gameplay (much easier said than done) and then it'll be the 2018 GOTY.

Are they gonna make fans cut DLC trailers too?

paging Garret Hawke and Caj

I mean if I was trying run a successful youtube channel, and Capcom gave me some hot new Zeku footage and told me to make a trailer, that could be a lot of views, exposure, and possible ad revenue for my channel.

Edit: While what I wrote above is meant in jest, Capcom should seriously considering giving some footage to Desk. Those would be some damn good trailers.

Lulubop

Joe was playing the beta when he was talking about it, it was on stream. Didn't compare it to marvel on less the chat asked and he went in on Marvel for everything aside from the Gamplay. Just to be fair.

pizzacat

Banned
with what asw did with p4a i have 100% confidence with them on any game thats focuses on tryign to get more than just the nerds that will buy any fighting game

lots of casual friends can enjoy p4a and i can sandbag with a character ive never played before because theyre that simple to play on that level

and then i got mopped up using my main by nasty players

I mean if I was trying run a successful youtube channel, and Capcom gave me some hot new Zeku footage and told me to make a trailer, that could be a lot of views, exposure, and possible ad revenue for my channel.

Edit: While what I wrote above is meant in jest, Capcom should seriously considering giving some footage to Desk. Those would be some damn good trailers.

better put a no glitch clause in the contract b/c he'll make it look broken af, lol

Sayad

DBFZ will save the FGC?

DBFZ will save the FGC.

From what though?!!
Twitter-Thinking-Face.png

.la1n

I bit the bullet and bought MvCi. I saw enough positive game play elements on streams and heard enough impressions from people I trust to feel comfortable with it. If nothing else it will provide entertaining lab time. I still wish it didn't look like ass but I can get over it, did the same with KOF XIV.

mvci isn't garou so i didn't get it.

Still gonna watch some streams and see what it looks like at top level play. It's impossible for me to be disappointed at this point because I have no expectations that it'll be good. But I'll still check to see whether it ends up looking fun to play or not once people have shaken it out a bit.

Top Bottom