• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |eSports| 4444 Life

shaowebb

3 hours from last post about Gamestop, cancelled, refund is processing, went to store and found my deluxe edition in a store for cheaper with all the dlc and preorder bonuses like the comic.

shaowebb

Huh...totally didn't know any new Arika stuff released. TGS slipped by my on a lot of things apparently. Doctrine Dark is back in fighting games again confirmed :)
This should make someone here very happy.

Nyoro SF

I wonder if the season pass will drop in price too or if it will only be the base game

One year after release you were able to get SFV and both season passes in a bundle for $40.

I'm banking on a similar deal, with Capcom keeping the lights on by releasing waifu costumes like Monster Hunter in a bikini.

NEO0MJ

MvCi looks to be bombing so hard that you'd be a fool to buy it at full price unless you can't wait a few weeks.

When I could get the game early for $50 I knew something had to be wrong but I did not expect it to be this bad.
At least not many people are pulling the digital defence for this :p

CO_Andy

Huh...totally didn't know any new Arika stuff released. TGS slipped by my on a lot of things apparently. Doctrine Dark is back in fighting games again confirmed :)
This should make someone here very happy.
it's cool that we'll all be playing a replacement Marvel and a replacement Street Fighter in less than a year, and both are remarkably made

CO_Andy

I wonder if USF2's success relative to MvCi means a sequel to TvC can be greenlighed?

Or even better, Nintendo vs Capcom. No way they'd cheap out on the production values there.

shaowebb

I wonder if USF2's success relative to MvCi means a sequel to TvC can be greenlighed?

Or even better, Nintendo vs Capcom. No way they'd cheap out on the production values there.
Hell id be happy with a port if nothing else. TvC is its own can of worms though in rwgards to licensing and its frankensteined engine and who is left at eighting who still remembers how it was made. The way it handled shaders was so ridiculous itd be a pain in the ass just dealing with that alone.

Tripon

Comparing Marvel vs Capcom Infinite to the Guilty Gear franchise recent entries:

Media Create Sales: Week 38, 2017 (Sep 18 - Sep 24)
08./00. [PS4] Marvel Vs. Capcom: Infinite <FTG> (Capcom) {2017.09.21} (¥6.990) - 8.273 / NEW

vs.

12/04/14
[PS3] Guilty Gear Xrd: Sign (Arc System Works, 12/04/14) &#8211; 27,278 (New)

[PS4] Guilty Gear Xrd: Sign (Arc System Works, 12/04/14) &#8211; 12,638 (New)

05/26/16
[PS4] Guilty Gear Xrd: Revelator (Arc System Works, 05/26/16) &#8211; 17,829 (New)

05/25/17
[PS4] Guilty Gear Xrd: Rev 2 (Arc System Works, 05/25/17) &#8211; 10,609 (New)

MvC:I sold less than what people consider to be a update to a base game this year with a strong arcade following in Japan.

Took all of these from http://gematsu.com/ because those were the first pages shown up.

Lost Confused is right, Marvel is anime now.

I-hate-u

Comparing Marvel vs Capcom Infinite to the Guilty Gear franchise recent entries:

Media Create Sales: Week 38, 2017 (Sep 18 - Sep 24)
08./00. [PS4] Marvel Vs. Capcom: Infinite <FTG> (Capcom) {2017.09.21} (¥6.990) - 8.273 / NEW

vs.

12/04/14
[PS3] Guilty Gear Xrd: Sign (Arc System Works, 12/04/14) &#8211; 27,278 (New)

[PS4] Guilty Gear Xrd: Sign (Arc System Works, 12/04/14) &#8211; 12,638 (New)

05/26/16
[PS4] Guilty Gear Xrd: Revelator (Arc System Works, 05/26/16) &#8211; 17,829 (New)

05/25/17
[PS4] Guilty Gear Xrd: Rev 2 (Arc System Works, 05/25/17) &#8211; 10,609 (New)

MvC:I sold less than what people consider to be a update to a base game this year with a strong arcade following in Japan.

Took all of these from http://gematsu.com/ because those were the first pages shown up.

Lost Confused is right, Marvel is anime now.

Marvel always cratered in Japan no?

It's a US game.

Tripon

Marvel always cratered in Japan no?

It's a US game.

Media Create Sales: 9/18/17 – 9/24/17
[PS4] Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite (Capcom, 09/21/17) – 8,273 (New)

Media Create charts, February 14-20, 2011
Marvel Vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds (PS3) – 67,187 – NEW
Marvel Vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds (360) – 13,779 – NEW

2nd week sales for MvC3
19. Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of the Two Worlds (PS3, Capcom) - 14,821 [total - 82,008]

11/14/11 - 11/20/11
[PS3] 10. Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 (Capcom, 11/11/17): 22,436 -- NEW

Note: MvC3 and UMvC3 was sold in the same fiscal year, so people probably wasn't happy buying an update within 12 months of each other. The update still sold more 3X times than what Infinite did.

there's no sign that this could spell the end of wild DLC practices nor of the general accessibility/THE PREVIOUS GAMES WERE HARD TO GET INTO nonsense so it's not like there's any reason to celebrate really

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
There's absolutely nothing surprising about those Japan numbers. Shit would be like comparing it to CoD first week in the USA. Japan doesn't matter, especially not so for MvC.

I'm not sales-age, but UK + digital numbers spell trouble for the NA numbers. I just have no idea if it will do better or worse than SFV. Used to think slightly better, now I think the game is even more of a joke than I initially anticipated.

there's no sign that this could spell the end of wild DLC practices nor of the general accessibility/THE PREVIOUS GAMES WERE HARD TO GET INTO nonsense so it's not like there's any reason to celebrate really
Yeah DLC and accessibility don't really factor much into purchasing decisions. Moot points really.

It seems like it's up to eSports and DLC to recoup the costs of MvCI.

It might just work since it did for SFV. We'll have to see.

DLC yes, but not esports. I see them milking SFV and MvCi for DLC until the cow comes home then after that I doubt we will see a new game unless Capcom makes drastic changes in the office or uses a phoenix down like Midway.

Busaiku

There's absolutely nothing surprising about those Japan numbers. Shit would be like comparing it to CoD first week in the USA. Japan doesn't matter, especially not so for MvC.

I'm not sales-age, but UK + digital numbers spell trouble for the NA numbers. I just have no idea if it will do better or worse than SFV. Used to think slightly better, now I think the game is even more of a joke than I initially anticipated.
You could compare it to other Marvel vs Capcom games.
rqfiVYV.png

Other low effort fighting games this year.
01./00. [NSW] Pokken Tournament DX <FTG> (Pokemon Co.) {2017.09.22} (¥5.980) - 53.395 / NEW
03./00. [NSW] Ultra Street Fighter II: The Final Challengers <FTG> (Capcom) {2017.05.26} (¥4.990) - 16.404 / NEW

Or NBA 2K18.
04./00. [PS4] NBA 2K18 # <SPT> (Take-Two Interactive Japan) {2017.09.19} (¥7.300) - 14.487 / NEW

This is definitely a surprising result.
Most expected it to underperform, but nowhere near this extent.

MvCI is a fun to play game that looks like ass and gave the middle finger to the MvC2 and MvC3 fans with such a limited roster and no X-Men characters.

Like, you say Marvel most people think X-Men.

Not to mention the usual DLC announcements before release, the collector's edition feeling a bit cheap, etc. and it's just a big collection of everything being a mess for Capcom IMO.

The game has crossplay with the W10/X1 versions but only outside Ranked. So exhibition mode, lobbies and shadow lords MP.

The game does NOT have cross-buy with W10/X1

The game does NOT require Windows 10 for the steam version.

Isn't this game supposed to be F2P or something? I guess not on Steam.

It is, for some reason they don't have the F2P version on steam.

But this release signifies that Microsoft are pretty much "done" with the game. I'd be surprised if there's any more characters. There might be a few more balance updates but probably nothing more than that

Btw this version includes EVERYTHING with the exception of a few colours that are exclusive to figurines.

Top Bottom