• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |eSports| 4444 Life

CO_Andy

Impressions for the new Puzzle Fighter seem to be middling. What a huge surprise.

What're you talking about?
People missed SF2, as in the actual characters

I like EventHubs as a general news site. Their editorials on the other hand...

Screen%2BShot%2B09-28-17%2Bat%2B04.17%2BAM.PNG

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
damn have you guys seen these MvCI threads? why are they all turning into SFV arguments?
I'm okay with this if it means attempts to make TvC seem relatively better at.. anything really.. stop.

We all know Marvel will sell at least 3 millions in the US.
MvC:I will have the the largest audience ever to witness a new game release, period, both in person and around the globe. Anything else is fake news!

shaowebb

We all know Marvel will sell at least 3 millions in the US.

In 7 years? Its got a long way to go at the moment. Its only gonna sell as good as it comes across in trailers and on the box with its current ad campaign. In 3 months it'll be a much better game due to DLC but its gonna be hard to convey that and turn it into sales.

Probably. I don't think the FGC is getting a lot of new blood.

while the fgc doesn't draw kids in like pokemon does, there are new, young players not just competing, but winning

du, smug, punk, sonicfox

of all the problems fgs have, not drawing in new players doesn't seem like it should be a priority to me just yet

Dahbomb

http://challonge.com/tournaments/signup/d7G2wftnqp

Wow second battle for the stones tournament only has 10 entrants and it happens this weekend. MvC:I tournament legs already clipped?
This is a European event and there are also other tournaments happening in the US (like Northwest Major and The Fall Classic).

European Marvel was always dead TBH.

Top 4 is going to be Richard Nguyen, White Black, Alioune and Tyrant. The only other notable European player I expected to come there was Zak Bennet.

Dahbomb

What's with the quotations in your post?

Also who's this girl, just a total nobody?
The quotes are there because this is clearly an excuse for Gootecks to start hitting on the girl.

Is Sonicfox going to become a Marvel Champion too?
Not yet. But he is definitely going to wash Yipes and make him wear some old man diapers.

CO_Andy

I forgot crosscounter.tv was a thing. Gooby really goes out of his way to distance himself from Twitch.

Is the only fighting game he plays is Street Fighter? Maybe he can get into Fighting Layer EX.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I don't know about winning evo it's a long ways a way so he has Hella time to apply himself to the game if he wants to but I'm 100% sure he will get at least top 8 if he puts effort in at the lowest

Top Bottom