• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |eSports| 4444 Life

SF5 Zeku
1xyjD.gif

His V-Trigger actually makes him younger? Jesus Christ.

Yeah it might not be his V-Trigger but it does seem like his younger self comes into play. Probably a stance based character like Gen, only it switches out characters.

shaowebb

Busy weekend. Hit a convention. Played Marvel with a bunch of folks there for awhile. Inflicted reality stone spam on them and saw the salt. Let them choose reality stone after they saw me do it and then swapped to Time stone with Hulk/Jedah and simply armored or jedahed my way through em. Swapped to X/Hulk after that and hit the infinity storm X infinite of straight up heavy kick mashing. Fun times. I am shit at this game, but I showed people how to be cheap and it spread through them pretty quickly. One girl started abusing Dorm/ Ghost Rider and soulstone infinity storm on what I think was her brother.

Marvel Infinite is fun as fuck at all levels of play is my take away. None of us were good by any stretch and we were all still cheap as fuck and able to feel like we were pulling shit off at even the briefest of time with it. It was a great time and everyone had a "moment".

Only thing holding this game back is its barren recycled roster and extremely rough around the edges art. Hope the patching keeps on coming to fix it up. Its beyond too late though sadly. It super bombed. Sad...its a blast.
Character trailer 2 for BBCTG
https://youtu.be/KGY-JDYidlY

PS4/NSW/PC confirmed platforms

Oh shit, Hazama, Rachel Alucard and Weiss Schnee! Weiss looks like she got her some of them Lambda/Nu/Mu sorts of tricks goin on. I thought she'd be a summoner with rushdown tools and it looks like I'm pretty close to what they ended up doing from what little I saw. Can't wait to play this thing. Wasn't expecting the next Blaz Blue picks to be those two at all either. Pretty pumped they chose them...they had really stylish playstyles that add a lot to a roster.

CO_Andy

perhaps it wasn't the wisest choice after a rough launch for SFV but it's rather refreshing to see nothing but new characters for an entire season

shaowebb

perhaps it wasn't the wisest choice after a rough launch for SFV but it's rather refreshing to see nothing but new characters for an entire season

Honestly, hearing the addition of second V Triggers is coming for the cast has my curiosity back up on the title similar to how Red Focus made me interested in giving SF4 another look years ago. I may fire SFV back up once its out to see how I feel about the game then.

Pretty sure it's not Zekus v-trigger changing him younger, looks like it's a stance switch.

Yeah, it turns out that it's both a special (down down then 2punches) and used as a V-skill. Both are used for different situations (V-skill probably works as a combo ender)

But shit a LOT of work has gone into this character. Two separate sets of specials and normals and throws.

https://www.reddit.com/r/StreetFighter/comments/76n3d2/zeku_movelist/
Old Zeku has:
4 Special Moves (1 of them (Bushin Flip) having 3 follow-up options)
1 Unique Attack (Overhead)
Stance Switch to Young Zeku (down,down + 2P)
V-Trigger dash and unique VT combo-ender to this form.

Young Zeku has:
4 Special Moves (1 of them (Run) having 3 follow-up options)
13 Unique Attacks / Moves
Stance Switch to Old Zeku (down,down + 2P)
V-Trigger dash and unique VT combo-ender to this form.

That's a total of:
8 Special Moves (14 if you count the 6 follow-up options to Bushin Flip / Run)
14 Unique Attacks
Stance Switching via V-Skill / down,down + 2P
V-Skill / V-Trigger shenanigans, both V-Triggers have different teleport dash framedata and different combo ender.
Oh and of course both forms have totally different set of normals and throws.

I wonder if Xian will play Zeku since he's more or less a stance character
He fits a lot of boxes.

Old AF (Oro)
Ninja (Ibuki)
Has multiple stances. (Gen)
Old AF (Gen)
Complicated in comparison to the rest of the cast. (Gen)

Only thing missing is he's not a Chinese assassin (Gen,F.A.N.G)

Village

Who gives a shit about a donte

Joe Fix-it

Yeaaaaaaah booooy
Give me all the dumb hulk outfits

Give me dumb mutant 2099 hulk
Give me Red hulk with a different voice and he got a mustache and shades
Give me Myestro
Give me incest baby hulk Jr from the old man logan universe
Give me Ghost Rider symbiote red hulk

All the dumb hulk outfits, all of em

kikiribu

Making an overcomplicated character
Looking at his move list and description, he seems the opposite of complicated to me. Not every character should be super easy to use like Cammy. If he's good enough to make him worth learning, he will be used, especially with all these Strider fans eating up his design.

Tripon

So I was looking at the rules for this year's Capcom Pro Tour, and it looks like you automatically qualify via points after the last tournament (NA Finals) ends.

Everyone currently above MenaRD (Mago and above) are already qualified for Capcom Cup because Canada Cup is the last event that can give out points, and even with an all top 8 that all include people from outside the top 30, there wouldn't be any way for Mago to drop 10 spots out and out of the top 30 in points.

Latin America Finals has a good chance of somebody out of the top 30 qualifying, and NA finals has a decent chance of somebody out of the top 30 qualifying.

As for the last chance qualifier right before Capcom Cup, the top 30 are disqualified from entering, so there's no gate keeping there.

DMLMI_lWkAAhWaO.jpg

https://twitter.com/SRKRanking/status/919521804816977920

Fchamp is 30th right now. Unless he finishes high at Canada Cup, he's fucked.

Latin America Finals has a good chance of somebody out of the top 30 qualifying, and NA finals has a decent chance of somebody out of the top 30 qualifying.

Latin America is guaranteed to have someone outside the top 30 winning it. Brolynho and Mena both confirmed they're not going because there is no prize money to win. So it's a race to get in the top 30 now instead of the top 31.

It's a very tight race because you have FChamp, Xiaobao, NL, and 801 Strider within 20 points of each other from 30th-33rd place with Sako, Go1, and Luffy not too far ahead either. And a ton of guys can still make it in if they win Canada Cup. But that doesn't seem likely since all the usual suspects are there again.

But anyways, Canada Cup is super important this year. It's going to decide the fate of a dozen+ of players that are still trying to get in or are borderline.

Spuck-uk

Banned
Making an overcomplicated character no one will use

It's gonna be siiiiick

When almost every character in Tekken has 100+ moves, and when even the universal tools in Xrd are more complex than any SFV character, I don't think Zeku looks complicated at all.

Kumubou

When almost every character in Tekken has 100+ moves, and when even the universal tools in Xrd are more complex than any SFV character, I don't think Zeku looks complicated at all.
I think it's an issue of relative toolsets. You can have games with more complex mechanics, but in something like SF5 making a character like Menat or Zeku kind of pointless if you need to put in 10x the work and still get less results than a Boxer or Laura player just rolling their face on the stick.

Pompadour

I think it's an issue of relative toolsets. You can have games with more complex mechanics, but in something like SF5 making a character like Menat or Zeku kind of pointless if you need to put in 10x the work and still get less results than a Boxer or Laura player just rolling their face on the stick.

This concept isn't exclusive to SFV and that same issue applies to nearly every fighting game.

Why play Zato or Millia when you play much easier but still very good characters like Sin and Raven?

Spuck-uk

Banned

Eh, Laura at least has a lot more depth to her setups than, say, Ken. I do agree though, why bother with Juri or Vega when the system is shallow enough that they don't really have any overt strengths.

...look, I'm still mad about Vegas shitty normals, and his claw having a hurtbox and no hitbox on most of his attacks.

Spuck-uk

Banned
This concept isn't exclusive to SFV and that same issue applies to nearly every fighting game.

Why play Zato or Millia when you play much easier but still very good characters like Sin and Raven?

Milia isnt much harder to use than Raven, has a weaker neutral but much stronger oki.

Zato is hilariously hard to use, does less damage than Sin, but has better pressure by far once they're blocking. Also way more tools (fireball reflect, command grab, drill 'projectile')

I don't think the characters really equate to each other.

Zissou

Milia isnt much harder to use than Raven, has a weaker neutral but much stronger oki.

Zato is hilariously hard to use, does less damage than Sin, but has better pressure by far once they're blocking. Also way more tools (fireball reflect, command grab, drill 'projectile')

I don't think the characters really equate to each other.

The doesn't mean the the point they were making isn't true. Any game is going to have characters who are both strong and easy to learn, thus in some ways making it difficult to justify playing a more complex character.

Top Bottom