• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |eSports| 4444 Life

shaowebb

I played Akira one time in Dengeki Bunko(a fighting game. Sadly Anime)
I'm ok with basketball girl being in VF6
Only character choice to be added if you think about it
Minato from DFCI is incredible. Full screen left right projectiles and overheads. Dashup command grab that's active forever and trump card activation for her triggers an armored gtfo move. So good.

v1TewDk.gif

Lowa29C.gif

I also enjoy any character with a sentai
pose super.
gH56Nmj.gif

Numb

Silly Numb, anime takes after wrestling

When the Hulkster body slammed Andre the Giant with those 24-inch american-made pythons, japan as a whole was inspired brother
Forgot wrestling and anime relations
*thanks them for Alex and Hugo*

Minato from DFCI is incredible. Full screen left right projectiles and overheads. Dashup command grab that's active forever and trump card activation for her triggers an armored gtfo move. So good.

v1TewDk.gif

If she claims to be number 2 best character
No one dares to claim number 1

Tizoc

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
And you damn well know Oneida would be all over a new VF even if it ended up being based on Vocaloids or Love Live or some dumb shit.
And I would be too.

Yup I don't give a shit at this point. if it plays like VF, I'm in.

Beckx

Yup I don't give a shit at this point. if it plays like VF, I'm in.

that's the big question though

i mean obviously if this new game plays like VOOT it will be fantastic, but right now that feels like a big "if"

heck, it could be a single player action game with VN elements.

NEO0MJ

one does not just "stumble" onto fanfiction

Seriouslly. Google can sometimes give you stuff you never asked for, like how it seems to be a thing to ship Lil' Mac and Samus, but you can't randomly find yourself reading a story where Samus teaches Mac that it's OK to be little in height as long as he is big in heart
and penis

mbpm1

Seriouslly. Google can sometimes give you stuff you never asked for, like how it seems to be a thing to ship Lil' Mac and Samus, but you can't randomly find yourself reading a story where Samus teaches Mac that it's OK to be little in height as long as he is big in heart
and penis

wise lessons

The thing about games like Street Fighter that rely on precision is that you have to do a ton of work to balance them. Every character gets all these little tweaks that wind up changing the game a ton.

Whereas if they felt like fixing competitive Marvel 3 they could do it with two easy system changes and not even touch the characters, Hell, they could even leave in TAC infinites.
  • X-factor Burst
  • TAC breaks swap the combo to the defending player
Boom. Done. Slap an actual netcode and the FGC has a new champion for 10 more years.

Zissou

They have a ton of things they could adjust before messing with hit/hurt boxes: damage scaling (zero), meter gain (none during astral), install super duration (spiral swords), multiplicative buff stacking (vergil XF + devil trigger), etc.

Negaduck

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";231995822]The thing about games like Street Fighter that rely on precision is that you have to do a ton of work to balance them. Every character gets all these little tweaks that wind up changing the game a ton.

Whereas if they felt like fixing competitive Marvel 3 they could do it with two easy system changes and not even touch the characters, Hell, they could even leave in TAC infinites.
  • X-factor Burst
  • TAC breaks swap the combo to the defending player
Boom. Done. Slap an actual netcode and the FGC has a new champion for 10 more years.[/QUOTE]

This is the number one thing that should have stayed in from the beta and would have made tac infinites high risk high reward. Would have been fascinating to see.

I wonder if pc marvel can mod that back in.

Dahbomb

They have a ton of things they could adjust before messing with hit/hurt boxes: damage scaling (zero), meter gain (none during astral), install super duration (spiral swords), multiplicative buff stacking (vergil XF + devil trigger), etc.
Yeah this. A lot of the top tiers are top tier because they break or bend the rules of some of the mechanics or math in the game.

Negaduck

Yeah this. A lot of the top tiers are top tier because they break or bend the rules of some of the mechanics or math in the game.

Well, from what I've started to notice (and what got me into marvel 3 after all these years) is that the game is touch > kill. If your character isn't killing off of one touch (and like all things there are a few exceptions) you are playing it wrong.

Marvel 3 is just Hnk.

Lower tier characters would need the ability to kill easier off of a hit with their main combo.

Taskmaster for example, usually his combo won't kill, will take half life to mostly full, but he had a hard time. If he was able to reliably solo kill or build enough meter to guarantee the dhc kill, he would be more viable.

If you aren't killing off of one hit you are playing the game wrong imo.

Also, instead of making morrigan stop building meter during Astral vision, give everyone else the ability to build meter during install supers!

I hope everyone that watched KI Cup this year enjoyed the show. Thanks for watching if you did!

Ki was awesome! It's one of my favorite games to watch. I can't wait to have a way to play it, it looks Hella fun.

Dahbomb

Also, instead of making morrigan stop building meter during Astral vision, give everyone else the ability to build meter during install supers!
That's a terrible idea because stuff like Sogenmu and Vergil's Spiral Swords exist. Zero's Sogenmu is already too powerful when coupled with Dark Harmonizer assist.

There are quite a few top tier characters which don't kill off of one touch and vice versa (mid tier characters who can easily kill but struggle to get the hit/get zoned out). Morrigan does not kill off one touch, Magneto usually doesn't without help, Wolverine doesn't, Nova doesn't, Vergil can't without meter/XF. In many cases even the top tiers have to at times TAC into Doom to kill a character. Low tier characters have option to do that too and it's why someone like RyanLV can make Chun Li playable because any TAC on that team is a kill. All of his characters do low damage off of a combo but one TAC equals death. Same for other players who have found success with lower level teams.

So is RyanLV playing the game "wrong" because he doesn't always kill off of one touch? What about Dual Kevin or ChrisG or Terry Bogard?

You brought up Taskmaster but he was featured in two of the previous top 8s so he isn't even that bad. Conversely, Iron Fist can easily kill off of a clean hit but no one is getting anything done with him because he has bad options. Inherently the issue with a lot of characters is a lack of tools PLUS characters like Zero/Morrigan having superior match up charts over them. Some of these heavy rushdown characters like Felicia have a super tough time against Zero because even if she makes it past the barrier of projectiles and assists, she has to contend with those multi hitting high priority normals and she loses out to those. That's why Wolverine is the most effective of the pure rushdown character, his normals are actually great up close so when he's in other characters are actually scared.

Characters who can reliably TOD off of every situation usually have something wrong with them in terms of scaling. Zero, Viper, Shuma, Hulk, Doom have crazy high scaling, well above the normal. For these characters, if you figure out a way to extend the combo then you will always kill. It's why Dante can do a combo twice as long as Viper yet still do less damage because of difference in scaling. Vergil has low damage scaling for normals but high for specials and with Spiral Swords he is able to just keep chaining his specials (Lunar Phase/Judgment Cut) to do high damage but at least that costs him meter.

Negaduck

That's a terrible idea because stuff like Sogenmu and Vergil's Spiral Swords exist. Zero's Sogenmu is already too powerful when coupled with Dark Harmonizer assist.

There are quite a few top tier characters which don't kill off of one touch and vice versa (mid tier characters who can easily kill but struggle to get the hit/get zoned out). Morrigan does not kill off one touch, Magneto usually doesn't without help, Wolverine doesn't, Nova doesn't, Vergil can't without meter/XF. In many cases even the top tiers have to at times TAC into Doom to kill a character. Low tier characters have option to do that too and it's why someone like RyanLV can make Chun Li playable because any TAC on that team is a kill. All of his characters do low damage off of a combo but one TAC equals death. Same for other players who have found success with lower level teams.

So is RyanLV playing the game "wrong" because he doesn't always kill off of one touch? What about Dual Kevin or ChrisG or Terry Bogard?

You brought up Taskmaster but he was featured in two of the previous top 8s so he isn't even that bad. Conversely, Iron Fist can easily kill off of a clean hit but no one is getting anything done with him because he has bad options. Inherently the issue with a lot of characters is a lack of tools PLUS characters like Zero/Morrigan having superior match up charts over them. Some of these heavy rushdown characters like Felicia have a super tough time against Zero because even if she makes it past the barrier of projectiles and assists, she has to contend with those multi hitting high priority normals and she loses out to those. That's why Wolverine is the most effective of the pure rushdown character, his normals are actually great up close so when he's in other characters are actually scared.

Well I did mention there being exceptions to the rules. And usually, when Ryan LV touches you with Chun he does kill either through super with Chun or infinite with morrigan.

His team is actually very very interesting. As opposed to most Phoenix teams, (let's just use mag/doom/Phoenix for example). Usually, Phoenix teams are two batteries for Phoenix. For the most part their meter builds are to benefit Phoenix and those characters will try to not use meter since Phoenix teams have a different victory condition compared to most teams (build 5 meters as opposed to just killing the other person).

Ryan LV's team is so brilliant because where as most Phoenix teams build meter to benefit Phoenix, any meter that Ryan uses not only is a huge benefit for Phoenix, but he's also powering up morrigan. In addition to building meter like a normal Phoenix team (offensive attacks), he has this super charger with morrigan assist. This super fast, very safe assist to build meter.

All complimented by Chun because her speed and mobility allow him to play some keep away and use morrigan to build almost 2-3 more meter than other traditional Phoenix teams do. It's really brilliant.

I mean he almost even uses one super battery (the assist) to benefit two characters vs, just Phoenix (for example mag/doom again that have long combos designed to build meter and do as much damage as possible without spending meter).

It's brilliant really.

And also hell yeah let's get dumb. Build meter during spiral swords etc (I do realize how silly that would be. But eff it. They all already kill off of one hit. Could benefit a character like dante who has trouble killing sometime, could theoretically build another meter during devil trigger combos and could be a nice buff to dante.)

But that's just how I see it. Lol I could be completely wrong.

FACE

Banned
Firestorm showed on Up Up Down Down just now for Injustice 2
http://i.imgur.com/ElqSuyH.jpg[img]

Looks like he has Sinestro blasts, Green Lantern's flip kick, Shazam psycho crushers and a trait that has 3 levels of charge sorta like Bane, but not armor based.
[url]https://giant.gfycat.com/MindlessHarmlessAustralianfurseal.webm[/url][url]https://giant.gfycat.com/SomeNextChupacabra.webm[/url][/QUOTE]

NRS can't model human beings part 12312312312

Seyavesh

Taskmaster for example, usually his combo won't kill, will take half life to mostly full, but he had a hard time. If he was able to reliably solo kill or build enough meter to guarantee the dhc kill, he would be more viable.

this is painful for me to read because he does both but nobody who gets on stream does the combos so people will always have that impression on that char

anyways rebalancing marvel is retarded, im gonna replace wesker's dashes with cancelable teleports

Top Bottom