• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | April 21-27 | Easter EG Hunting

I guess they won't add any MAJOR changes that could totally ruin the balance, but with a month of arcade play it should start to become obvious which chars are stronger and which ones are weaker.

If they were to make changes I would like to only see slight buffs, nothing huge.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I wont lie, I'm bias towards Deejay because I got fucking destroyed for a week straight by Afrolegends on the old sf anniversary on xbox :p

I didn't even know who he was back then. So when me and my friends saw him pop up on an evo stream they all said HEY THAT'S THE GUY THAT FUCKING DESTROYED YOUR ASS.
[QUOTE="God's Beard!";109205409]I don't know about nerfs or anythng, I only have X2 #Reload.[/QUOTE]
Not even playing the awesome version of I-No :(

Just give him back his combos/damage and make him a high risk high reward character aka the total opposite of guile.
Make him have proper juggle properties, give him damage/stun, better hitboxes on his normals shiiiiet.

They really took away his U1 buff though... "Deejay started to look viable to be in the top 64 at Evo so we tuned him down a bit" - Combofiend

"So we gave Guy a 2f invincible reversal, but took away the strike invincibility from Deejay's exMGU because yknow it was too strong, Deejay has too many options.. He's too big of a threat" - Combofeen

Im mad

gutabo

Infiltration on playing Fchamp's dhalsim:
IpRmRTD.jpg
"sorry champ"

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
the formatting of that comic is really clunky, makes for an unpleasant read. might be better suited for a gif

Shito

Hahaha, lacks the big ass pause between the two parts of the sentence, but otherwise that picture is pretty good!

Shouta

Thanks! It's so strange looking up characters and seeing almost none of the names you recognized from the AE2012 arcade rankings.

Looks like Nemo (or someone using that name lol) is the second-ranked Rolento. Also Kawaguchi (The same person as Kawaguuchi?) is the first ranked Hugo.

Nemo has talked about rolento a lot on his twitter but I've been lazy about translating to look.

Anyone try Lost Swords yet or is Bamco still having connection issues?

I just gave it a go (EU though). Controls seem very simplified and there's a bunch of long strings added with really easy inputs. Hard to tell which things combo properly and which don't. Only tried Sophitia though.

There's a sort of rock-paper-scissors thing in place with elements doing more or less damage, and quite a lot of rpg-ish crafting/levelling/equipment stuff.

The loading/saving times are pretty ridiculous. >.>

stn

SF4 Dee-Jay will never be like ST Dee-Jay. Not unless they make his fireball game better, because ST Dee-Jay was a very strong zoner.

SF4 Dee-Jay will never be like ST Dee-Jay. Not unless they make his fireball game better, because ST Dee-Jay was a very strong zoner.
I would love if they made his Fireballs have better recovery, more Guile-like so he'd be an actual threat. I also asked on the Unity suggestion thread for Deejay (which was mostly ignored lol) that he got his slide from Super back that was very fast and had longer range, and maybe made the input for it to be df.HK to get it out. Didn't happen tho. Or having his lk.Sobat back to being unthrowable because it was considered airborne (which it should be).

Why don't capcom care bout me man ;_;

Beckx

News from the Rise of Incarnates - MarkMan confirmed in the thread that it will NOT have the stamina based F2P mechanics from other BandaiNamco games.

Tekniqs

call me sucky but I have problems as ryu/eryu vs dj. how is he free on wake up? maybe it'll help me out tremendously with that matchup

Conceited

mechaniphiliac
How to beat Deejay;

Stay out of the air
Learn to block cross ups
Don't get predictable with fireballs
Pick a character other than Deejay

How to beat Deejay;

Stay out of the air
Learn to block cross ups
Don't get predictable with fireballs
Pick a character other than Deejay

I'm really glad Deejay was never a character I had an interest in trying out.

Then again that's the case for basically all charge characters for me, lol

call me sucky but I have problems as ryu/eryu vs dj. how is he free on wake up? maybe it'll help me out tremendously with that matchup

Dee Jay's best wake up is EX machine gun. It's -5 on block and pushes opponent out far. If your character don't have a long range 5f or faster attack to punish him, Dee Jay is pretty safe on wake up with meter.

stn

I would love if they made his Fireballs have better recovery, more Guile-like so he'd be an actual threat. I also asked on the Unity suggestion thread for Deejay (which was mostly ignored lol) that he got his slide from Super back that was very fast and had longer range, and maybe made the input for it to be df.HK to get it out. Didn't happen tho. Or having his lk.Sobat back to being unthrowable because it was considered airborne (which it should be).

Why don't capcom care bout me man ;_;
They don't need better recovery, his AA normals just need to stop trading so he can actually gain something from throwing them. After all, a fireball is usually only as a good as the AA that follows it. Given how hard it is to actually zone with fireballs in AE, you need some exceptional tools to do so. Dee-Jay sucks because he's mediocre at both zoning and rushdown. Which does nothing in this game.

He has a fireball but he can't even keep out Zangief and Honda. He has rushdown but its one-dimensional and not very threatening if you can tech. He has no overhead, his best move (knee shot) requires him to lose charge. His slide SUCKS for moving him forward while keeping charge. Oh, and now his cross-up game will suffer due to DWU. He's also not able to milk all the option selects like other characters due to his charge nature. U1 has limited application. He has mediocre damage. He loses to meaty attacks on wake-up.

Just play ST, dude.

So somebody made a Yukiko combo video. But the combos aren't the star of this video.

The music is.

Let me apologize in advance for doing this to you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HIAQhfZGuDk

I am so confused. Why does this exist?

Why does it exist? Because it must!

Oddly enough, I just started playing P4A using Yukiko...

On a related note, is it me, or is it a harder game to pick up than BB? I think it's the speed that's killing me, BB tends to be a bit more plodding in terms of battle speed. Also, the battle system isn't as intuitive (at least for me).

Oh, and fuck Teddie.

iori9999

Banned
Why does it exist? Because it must!

Oddly enough, I just started playing P4A using Yukiko...

On a related note, is it me, or is it a harder game to pick up than BB? I think it's the speed that's killing me, BB tends to be a bit more plodding in terms of battle speed. Also, the battle system isn't as intuitive (at least for me).

Oh, and fuck Teddie.

They actually sped up BBCP, which in turn the netcode took a hit..

kirblar

maybe those 'hadouken cabs' refer to the amps the band was using in poison's ending
Actually would not be surprised at all if PS4 becomes the official tournament standard for Capcom-run events once the USF4 comes out on the system. Would simplify things once their next-gen release is out.

Dustin Cash ‏@Smedwicks 1h
@CEOJebailey Who are you maining in Melee?

Alex Jebailey ‏@CEOJebailey 1h
@Smedwicks Peach.

Dustin Cash ‏@Smedwicks 1h
@CEOJebailey Hope I'll see you in Top 8 on Sunday then!

Smedwicks pls, didn't you see how bad his Peach was during Evo pools :p

Top Bottom