• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Feb 18-24 | Not holding breath for PSASBR2 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
No one cares but

SEGA just opened registration for the SEGA Cup in April at Super Arcade. Registration is $10 and there are only 128 spots total. Payouts are big:

1st- $3,000
2nd- $2,000
3rd- $1,600
4th- $1,400
5th - 6th - $1,100
7th - 8th- $900
9th - 12th- $600
13th - 16th- $400

I'm all registered, flying in from EC!

Beckx

Great movie. Cronenberg is a fantastic director

After THE NOSE THING in A History of Violence, I am not sure I'll ever feel safe watching one of his films again.

I just designed some sports banners for a christian high school in merced, its funny how you never heard of something then you see the name pop up several times.

According to my son's Sleep Book, it's also the home of the Hinkle Horn Honking Club. But that information may be unreliable.

No one cares but

SEGA just opened registration for the SEGA Cup in April at Super Arcade. Registration is $10 and there are only 128 spots total. Payouts are big:

1st- $3,000
2nd- $2,000
3rd- $1,600
4th- $1,400
5th - 6th - $1,100
7th - 8th- $900
9th - 12th- $600
13th - 16th- $400

Pretty nice payouts but 1st kinda gets shafted, you should get at least twice as much as 2nd.

No one cares but

1st- $3,000
2nd- $2,000
3rd- $1,600
4th- $1,400
5th - 6th - $1,100
7th - 8th- $900
9th - 12th- $600
13th - 16th- $400

Anyone think JWong will get any of dat VF money?

Merced, California.

Also Chocolate Milk = the best drink at night or morning :D

How much do you think you would need to get there? If 10 or 15 of us chipped in $10 bucks each?

I'm not organizing anything, or taking up collections, but if you got there with a NeoGAF tag and showed up on stream due to
Markman's
connections, I think that would be awesome.

Someone start a kickstarter for a specified amount, and I'll chip in

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
How much do you think you would need to get there? If 10 or 15 of us chipped in $10 bucks each?

I'm not organizing anything, or taking up collections, but if you got there with a NeoGAF tag and showed up on stream due to
Markman's
connections, I think that would be awesome.

Someone start a kickstarter for a specified amount, and I'll chip in

My biggest issue is a way of getting there. A few years ago I would be fine with public transportation but I just don't feel comfortable with it anymore. Specially when it's painful to carry my own luggage around for extended periods of time. 2 years ago when I took the train/bus to san jose was pretty much the last time I could do that, I know my physical limits, which is why I mentioned needing a ride more than anything.

Id need a bed too. Sleeping on the floor or whatever is a huge no no.

For an example of how bad I am now here's a picture of when I was getting my back brace casted a week ago. My body is pretty shot. Linked for obvious reasons.

kirblar

Pretty nice payouts but 1st kinda gets shafted, you should get at least twice as much as 2nd.
This thinking is what leads to pot splits. However, the payout is definitely awkward in that the amount you get from going up a tier doesn't keep increasing.

1st- $3,000
/|\ $1000
2nd- $2,000
/|\ $400
3rd- $1,600
/|\ $200
4th- $1,400
/|\ $300
5th - 6th - $1,100
/|\ $200
7th - 8th- $900
/|\ $300
9th - 12th- $600
/|\ $200
13th - 16th- $400

200>300>200>300>200>400>1000 is super, super awkward, and the scaling should be such that every time you win, the money you're making by winning the next round is more than the money you made winning the previous one.

SkYmBSV.png

Lando episode imminent?

DRE Fei

No one cares but

1st- $3,000
2nd- $2,000
3rd- $1,600
4th- $1,400
5th - 6th - $1,100
7th - 8th- $900
9th - 12th- $600
13th - 16th- $400

Those are some big payouts. SEGA is stepping up big time. I'm registered. I know a few people here in SoCal who will also be registering.

Also, iebattlegrounds is streaming tournaments this coming Saturday for VF, TTT2 and SC5.
http://ie-battlegrounds.blogspot.com/2013/02/vf5sc5ttt2-singles-tourney-super-arcade.html

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
So do you guys have stream monster twitters and IRL personal ones separately or what?

I only have my own twitter, which I pretty much exclusively use for personal purposes. Only FGC person I follow is Sp00ky out of love.

kirblar

So do you guys have stream monster twitters and IRL personal ones separately or what?

I only have my own twitter, which I pretty much exclusively use for personal purposes. Only FGC person I follow is Sp00ky out of love.
It's for everything! Twitter is not facebook.

Beckx

Only one twitter. I follow several FGC sites & team sponsors on twitter (great for finding out when streams go live) but no players other than Daigo (for the occasional link he throws out). Following players is a quick path to madness. Did that out of curiosity last EVO and after a day or two wanted to stab my brain out with a q-tip.

Only one twitter. I follow several FGC sites on twitter but no players other than Daigo (for the occasional link he throws out). Following players is a quick path to madness. Did that out of curiosity last EVO and after a day or two wanted to stab my brain out with a q-tip.

I'm really considering unfollowing a number of people due to this, but there are definitely a good number of sane/funny guys from the FGC on Twitter.

Beckx

I'm really considering unfollowing a number of people due to this, but there are definitely a good number of sane/funny guys from the FGC on Twitter.

True, I don't know where to classify guys like Jebailey, I should add TO's to the list of people I follow, he generally adds comedy gold to my feed.

kirblar

I definitely have gotten more aggressive with my unfollows lately. If you annoy me or are spammy, I don't want to put up with it.

USD

My Twitter is dedicated to fighting games based on who I follow, but I tweet more about personal stuff than fighting games, at least lately. I always imagine that most of the people who have unfollowed me did so because I get whiny on Twitter sometimes, hahahahaha.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Only one twitter. I follow several FGC sites & team sponsors on twitter (great for finding out when streams go live) but no players other than Daigo (for the occasional link he throws out). Following players is a quick path to madness. Did that out of curiosity last EVO and after a day or two wanted to stab my brain out with a q-tip.
Yeah, I mean Sp00ky streams or announcement videos, yeah I'll tune into them, plus I just want to support Sp00ky, so that's enough reason for me to follow.

I only follow a few people in general.. mostly IRL friends, some obligatory follow-backs, and then 10 or so other accounts/celebrities. I really don't know how people manage following a crazy amount of people. I only follow like 45. I even had to unfollow Lil B just cause he'd keep retweeting everything under the sun and it'd drown out every other person I'm following.

Malice215

I only follow a handful of people. I find it much easier to add people to lists based on a specific topic instead of having my actual feed clogged with nonsense. I rather have it show important stuff like breaking news and photos of hot chicks.

My FGC list for example. https://twitter.com/malice215/fgc

Anyone think JWong will get any of dat VF money?

Not if 16 people who are better than Justin show up. But it all depends on who shows up and how the format of the tournament is. If they run 8 pools to qualify into top 16, then he has a good chance at making it.

I'm not expecting any Japanese to be there unless they're sponsored.

Shouta

Very unlikely that Justin will break Top 16 unless he really steps up his game in the next 2 months. His training session with Floe and LA Akira wasn't bad at all but that's basically stuff that only works online. No real movement, poor punishes, barely any fuzzy guards, etc. If he gets lucky and gets put in an easy pool, then I can see him hitting top 16 but it'll be tough otherwise unless he really steps it up.

I'm gunning for Top 16 myself but it'll depend on my pool as well. Hoping to get at least one, if not a few, of us PNW players in there.

Also, payouts by Sega are perfect at a top 16. The pay doesn't really need to scale up more aggressively, I think. It just means they have to throw more in to make it a worthwhile split or screw the lower of the Top 16 out of decent rewards.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Is Winter Brawl a VxG qualifier?

EDIT: OP updated with the other 3 EVO qualifiers going on this weekend: OzHadou Nationals 11, Indonesia Fighting Game Championship 2013 and Bolivian Battleground. No stream that I can find for Bolivian Battleground, but I listed it anyways.

Busaiku

Is Winter Brawl a VxG qualifier?

EDIT: OP updated with the other 3 EVO qualifiers going on this weekend: OzHadou Nationals 11, Indonesia Fighting Game Championship 2013 and Bolivian Battleground. No stream that I can find for Bolivian Battleground, but I listed it anyways.

Stickbug is streaming anime at Winter Brawl.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom