• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Feb 18-24 | Not holding breath for PSASBR2 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
This week is going to be explosive. Revengeance, Sony announcement, and now a week of Ono speculation?
Don't forget Destiny being unveiled yesterday. Massive sub-less FPS/Borderlands/MMO/RPG/Customize your own fucking spaceship and fly around the solar system.

SFIV is 4 1/2 years old. Please let it go.

So are we all expecting TKxSF on the 20th now or what?

ZTS

Banned
DEATH™;47866836 said:
If you think so, why you don't go on that money match bro? You asked for it...

That's free money if what you're saying is true...
I did but he wont come to EVO and refuses to play me for anything less than $7000 in Austrollia. Aka he doesnt really want to play. He just wants to talk shit cause that's the only thing he's remotely good at.

Close contest if Rog is in Grand Finals with him (if he does win in that case), Breeze through it otherwise.

He got sent to loser by Marlin Pie at SCR.

Not going to be easy for whoever wins... winning a major in Marvel takes some extreme luck along with skill. Go back to the last 10 winner of the last 10 majors. There's a crucial ass drop combo by their opponent in all of them, or a random ass decision (like x-factor level 1 for nothing).

Even Champ's EVO win had a huge WTF moment from Chris G.

He got sent to loser by Marlin Pie at SCR.

Not going to be easy for whoever wins... winning a major in Marvel takes some extreme luck along with skill. Go back to the last 10 winner of the last 10 majors. There's a crucial ass drop combo by their opponent in all of them, or a random ass decision (like x-factor level 1 for nothing).

Even Champ's EVO win had a huge WTF moment from Chris G.

I'm not doubting that others can beat him, but I'm saying if anyone has the best chance of "breezing through", then it would probably be Chris.

Dahbomb

Its down to the gods of Marvel minus Justin. They will all make it competitive at least. Will not be that free for ChrisG but he is still expected to win especially since it's an EC major. The question is who will be the Apologyman of Winter Brawl.

Its down to the gods of Marvel minus Justin. They will all make it competitive at least. Will not be that free for ChrisG but he is still expected to win especially since it's an EC major. The question is who will be the Apologyman of Winter Brawl.

Insaynne or however the fuck he spells it. Justin has won the last two Winter Brawl correct?

3 PEAT when no one expect him to win!

DEATH™

I did but he wont come to EVO and refuses to play me for anything less than $7000 in Austrollia. Aka he doesnt really want to play. He just wants to talk shit cause that's the only thing he's remotely good at.

But MMT and St. George himself being better players than you don't help your cause... (I don't think it's $7000, it's lesser than that, but you gotta pay for your plane).

Not only that, they will give you free housing and free rides and tours to australia. Just you coming over there will confirm that you got balls, whether you win or not.

Seriously, I really want this to happen. Partly because I can see MMT streamed again, partly because Australians are great people and great rivals. Whether you win or lose, Tekken wins.

Go for it bro

P.S. I doesn't help though that you said Australian Tekken is crap though...

DS4 reveal alongside PS4 reveal?

If my tag for Sarus didn't stick, no one's will.

Would be amazing if that is all the event was.

Sony: Here is Ono to reveal the amazing new Darkstalkers 4. We have read all the hype on the internet and know how popular it is.
Ono: Here is the teaser you saw before.
Sony: PS3 will get exclusive cross play with Vita some time after launch. Momentum. Thanks for watching.

DEATH™;47867238 said:
Not only that, they will give you free housing and free rides and tours to australia. Just you coming over there will confirm that you got balls, whether you win or not.

Based on his name the dude lives in Campbelltown. I'd give it a miss.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Ono is in SF still, right? Playstation Meeting is in NYC, dude needs to fly out immediately if anythings going to happen.

I don't remember the last time a member has mentioned a tag for another user, and a mod giving it to him/her
Will only happen if Bish starts reading these threads.

DEATH™

Based on his name the dude lives in Campbelltown. I'd give it a miss.

Others are offering housing too... saiyuk is one... Most of them are nearby or at Sydney.

Again, it doesn't help ZTS when he trashtalked the whole Australian and New Zealand Tekken...

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
DEATH™;47867328 said:
Others are offering housing too... saiyuk is one... Most of them are nearby or at Sydney.

Again, it doesn't help ZTS when he trashtalked the whole Australian and New Zealand Tekken...
Are you saying there's people that dislike ZTS???

Justin has a chance if someone eliminates ChrisG before he faces him. He does decent against the rest of the gods.

He doesn't have a good record against PR Rog, I can't see J Wong beating Rog who more or less has realized how easy it is to punish J Wong's team. If Yipes played seriously it's unlikely J Wong will beat him either since Youmacon showed that he's on another level.

DEATH™

Are you saying there's people that dislike ZTS???

Geeeez bro pay attention to my posts. I put links on TZ for you guys to read (thanks to Flying Baraka for finding them again). He got many TZers pissed, mainly australians, west coast and stuff. Who's wrong, not up to me to decide. Just read TZ.

But again, don't trash talk him. You're not a Tekken player. And when I say Tekken player, I mean beating-a-serious-Sayah's-Williams-for-one-game kind of player.

Zukuu

Banned
Some new SFxT tech video is coming tomorrow. MAJOR glitch that affects presumably affects all characters. For some it creates entirely new combos that aren't possible by default.

Stay tuned. :p

Some new SFxT tech video is coming tomorrow. MAJOR glitch that affects presumably affects all characters. For some it creates entirely new combos that aren't possible by default.

The problem with a major patch....interesting times ahead.

Watch Ryu, Rufus and Rolento be the three that get new combos.

DEATH™;47867456 said:
Geeeez bro pay attention to my posts. I put links on TZ for you guys to read (thanks to Flying Baraka for finding them again). He got many TZers pissed, mainly australians, west coast and stuff. Who's wrong, not up to me to decide. Just read TZ.

So East Coast Tekken player?

Dahbomb

He doesn't have a good record against PR Rog, I can't see J Wong beating Rog who more or less has realized how easy it is to punish J Wong's team. If Yipes played seriously it's unlikely J Wong will beat him either since Youmacon showed that he's on another level.
The point is that Wolverine can actually get a game plan going against those teams outside of the first 5 seconds. All he needs is one touch on PRRog's team to kill his Wolverine, mix up Doom and then snap in Vergil. I mean it's not heavily in his favor but if it's his day I will never bet against the Marvelous one.

Zukuu

Banned
The problem with a major patch....interesting times ahead.

Watch Ryu, Rufus and Rolento be the three that get new combos.

So East Coast Tekken player?
It's actually possible in Vanilla as well. You might have all done it without knowing it. I even had a Cody combo that used that glitch as bnb without knowing it. It's not even something fancy, but it's just not known.

Tizoc

How would your rate its utilization in actual match? Is it like TACs in UMvC3 or the crazy stuff in MvC2?

alstein

Maybe you can get him to play Dark Geese for a car or something.

As for an AE 2013, my only real wishlist things is to fix the unblockables and put some risk into the wakeup game (option selects on wakeup are no-brainer options right now)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom