• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Jan 5-11 | A World Warrior Demographic

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
iCSpHORQmm0uH.gif

Week of January 5th to the 11th, 2014.

Fighting Games Weekly is the weekly discussion thread for all things fighting games. News, events, streams, videos, players, drama, everything fighting game related.

Don't know what to watch right now? Check the FGCPros Twitch Group or Jaxel's Stream Viewer. If you want to watch multiple streams at once, you can use Jaxel's customizable multiviewer as well.

New to FGC-GAF is the FGC-GAF Index which lists the fighting games GAFers plays as a neat reference with some rough statistics to boot. To add yourself to the index, quote this post and use the survey link below. Please remember to save/bookmark the "Edit your response" link so you can edit your responses if/when you buy a game already on the list or a new game that releases in the future.

Last week's thread. An archive of previous FGW threads is available here.​

ibsB0URLCQgTBQ.jpg

Kumite in Tennessee 2015 [Additional streams: Arturo, Anime, 3D/Namco, Smash/Mario Kart, Sixfortyfive, Killer Instinct ] [ Schedule ] [ Friday ] [ 4PM CST | 5PM EDT | 2PM PDT ]
  • KiT rings in the new year with our first, big multi-game tournament.
  • Killer Instinct World Cup Qualifier
  • This event continues through Sunday.
  • More information is available here.
B.E.A.S.T. 5 [ Additional stream: VGBootCamp 2, Salty Playground ] [ Brackets ] [ Thread ] [ 6PM Sweden | 12PM EDT | 9AM PDT ]
  • Biggest European Super Smash Bros Tournament returns, featuring Melee, Project M and Smash U.
  • APEX 15 Qualifier
Canada Cup Masters Series [Note: PPV required for Sat/Sun] [ Schedule ] [ Friday ] [ 12PM MST | 2PM EDT | 11AM PDT ]
  • Lapchi and co. present the Master Series as a companion event to Canada Cup proper, hoping to make big international matches happen through it's PPV.
  • More information is available here.

iUtpKu5GLNKRB.jpg

iEj47xjPGoVng.jpg

Every week, FGW will spotlight one GAFer to get a better picture of their history with fighting games, their preferences, and much more. For this week's FGW Player Spotlight, we will be taking a closer look at AAK!

What fighting games do you currently play, what is your all time favourite and why?
My main game is Tekken Tag Tournament 2 which is simultaneously one of my all-time favorite fighting games but I’ll get to that more later. I also play all of the other major 3D games: Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate, Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown, and Soul Calibur 5 whenever I get the chance. I enter all the major 3D games whenever I enter tournaments. I recently obtained Ultra Street Fighter 4 and Guilty Gear Xrd… but I’m only really giving time to Xrd and learning that game, but I’m struggling like crazy with it.

As for my all time favorite fighting game, as a competitor and a gamer that studies the technicalities of all the genre, Tekken Tag Tournament 2 is my favorite. I love Tekken for the sole reason that it is the epitome of core videogame design in a fighter. I play videogames because I get the feeling of escaping reality and taking control of something I can never be. And when it comes to complete "CONTROL", Tekken by and large meticulously designed everything to give me the most access and control to a characters abilities. The game gives the person who knockdowned someone to unleash insane amounts of damage while they're grounded; yet at the same time, gives knocked down player a plethora of options to escape and even counter attack.

And Tekken Tag Tournament 2 is the magnum opus of the series combining every lesson and design decision to one magnanimous product that is probably my single favorite piece of software released to date. Honestly, TTT2 is absolutely phenomenal when it comes to character balance, character diversity, freedom in playstyle, freedom in the combo system, and overall level of control of a virtual avatar in any game whether it be fighting, rpg, or adventure. It does kinda suck that most people didn’t resonate with this title like I did and instead of improving on this, Namco is basically removing a bunch of things for Tekken 7 .

I’ve put almost 3,000 hours since its release in 2012 and this is the first game that motivated me enough to travel to tournaments for and I've made some lifelong friends along the way thanks to this game. :)
What are your favorite mechanics from the current selection of fighting games and why? What are your least favorite and why?
I always prefer games that have a tag function. Having access to two character’s movesets expanding the repertoire of distinct tools at your disposal is something I love.

In TTT 2 the management of life, damage optimization, Rage, Tag Assault, and Tag Crash is fantastic in my opinion. To explain, if your lifebar depletes to about 60%, your partner enters rage mode, and hence if you tag out and your partner comes in they are capable of monstrous damage for a few seconds before the rage status runs out. BUT, tagging is usually very unsafe and pretty easy for your opponent to punish. The game gives you an option to sacrifice your partners rage and “Tag Crash” in which they do a leaping attack that covers major ground that puts your opponent into a guard stun if it connects hence getting a safe tag in. However, if your opponent does a Tag Assault combo on you your partner gets in rage status regardless of the life bar. Hence, the mind games at play is always a lot of fun for me since you have to assess how good your opponent’s ability is to tag in properly along with being aware of the health bars to properly optimize your damage. If I know I can’t kill I have to figure out the optimized combo allowing me to setup a situation that can punish both a raw tag or a tag crash. The implementation wasn’t perfect considering the number of variables bringing extra randomness at times; but the meta-game involved is one of my favorites.

My least favorite mechanic is rage/x-factor as a comeback mechanic being a generic damage/speed boost. I’m a little less annoyed by it in TTT2 since it’s less of a comeback mechanic and more of a fundamental part of the tagging gameplay because of how integral Tag Crash is and how rage is a punishment for letting the opponent get in safely. Tekken 6 and Marvel 3 are the biggest offenders. SF4, T7 are OK since the comeback mechanic is an ultra move rather than generic damage upgrades on all the moves.
What got you into fighting games? Are there any other genre of games you play?
Never had any arcades where I grew up. My sister had an SNES that I would play MKII on and such… and then when I eventually got the PS1 several years later and I had a demo disc containing a bunch of games. One of them was Tekken 2 where you could only play Lei/Jun… and one day Yoshimitsu randomly did his back throw Izuna drop on me flooring me with how awesome it looked after that I had to play more fighters… but that was what just drew me into fighting games because of the aesthetics.

I only reached this level of obsession with fighting games until Gamespot did their Evolution 2004 coverage showcasing matches like Bode vs Jinkid and Kenbou vs Jackie Tran. Searching a bit more and downloading this Korean vid Tekken 4 using my 56k modem. I was floored at how these guys could express themselves in such a way in a videogame and I made it a mission to one day express myself in a videogame the same way these guys did.

I love a lot of genre’s I enjoy but primarily it has to be action and adventure games. I’m a huge fan of Metal Gear Solid, Resident Evil, Onimusha, and Devil May Cry. But I really haven’t played any of them since I started travelling for Tekken. I usually look for games that allow me to play couch co op games with friends who don’t own consoles.
What is your favorite fighting game character and why?
From an artistic design point of view, my favorite character is most definitely Hildegard von Wolfkrone from Soul Calibur 4. I love long hair on females and her armor design along with the princess design was perfect. It wasn’t sexualized at all yet still very feminine and handled the balance perfectly well. Along with that she didn’t just have a Lance but also a sword in her hand that just stood out nicely. She would also be the first character in the series to dual wield very different weapons. And lastly she was a charge character implemented in a 3D game, that implementation was genius and I have to give Team Soul credit for that.

From a gameplay perspective, Yoshimitsu from TTT2 would be my favorite. I love more than anything seeing people express themselves through their character… and I don’t see a character that can give that capability more than Yoshimitsu. He is one of the characters in 3D FG’s that can’t just attack uniquely but move in certain ways in his meditation, helicopter, and flea stances. And then we he puts his sword away he becomes a completely new character; there is a lot of required hard drive space in your brain to play. In the end, I have to say that for the people who stick with him, he must be the most rewarding character to play as.
Describe your style of play, and how do you play (local, online, etc.).
I’m a fairly aggressive player. I try to go out of my way to make use of every move present in my character’s arsenal, and hence a good majority of it demands that I put my opponent in certain situations. In order for everything to work out I usually do have to be the aggressor. But this playstyle only does come out once I understood the gameplay and my character enough to enact my desired playstyle.

I play online whenever I can but I have local gatherings weekly with people in my city. It’s been just me and these 2 other guys for Tekken usually and GAF’s own Essay for VF once in a blue moon. But I might join the GG crew once I get the hang of Xrd more so.
What do you feel are your biggest strengths and weaknesses as a player?
Biggest strength I guess is that I can sit for 5-6 hours straight playing continuously. I have endurance to play games a long time so I can try to get certain demanding things in fighting games down with perseverance. I’m not gifted at all and it takes me a damn long time to get things down, but I guess it balances out with how long I can go in one sitting to get my goals down.

My biggest weakness is that I find it insanely difficult to change bad habits. Majority of my losses have been from the same mistakes I make over and over again. I desperately need better adaptation skills.
Best and worst moments in the your fighting game career?
Favorite moment is by far getting 2nd at the first CECC for Tekken Tag Tournament 2. I was the only one that come from Ottawa and I managed to take out everyone from Toronto… but I lost to the #1 Montreal guy PotatoBrain for the 3rd time in tournament. (sigh)

My worst moment is getting deuced in a Toronto weekly I was in town for losing to the 2 newbies on the scene... but they deserved it considering how much more work they put in.
What do you want from future fighting games?
1. Kill load times AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE

2. I want is game developers to support homegrown tournaments and local scenes IN GAMES. I would love for games try to advertise big tournaments happening in their region, I think Dead or Alive 5 did this for Final Round and it’s awesome. I would also like for the games to help find local competition… basically something akin to the regional match making forum in SRK and Tekken Zaibatsu to help the social aspect of fighting games.

3. I want the aesthetics (Tekken in particular) to be far more characterized. I’d like everyone there to have unique running, crouching, walking animations rather than the generic ones we see right now. I’d like throws animations to be unique depending on the character. It doesn’t look right at all when Julia is death valley drivering Ganryu the same way she does to Nina. I hope they take a page out of VF5:FS’s book on how throw animations change from regulars to heavyweights like Taka.

4. I want is evolution of characters. Ryu and Chun Li should not be wearing the exact same clothes and hair style and skin condition as Street Fighter 2. Characters need to evolve, get new outfits. Tekken also has been suffering from this after 2004. It was one of my favorite appeals in Tekken from Tekken 1 through Tekken 5 seeing how all the characters would evolve in design.

5. Most importantly is all fighting games should have tutorial modes just like Virtua Fighter 4: Evolution. They should give demos of advantages and disadvantages of each mechanic you’re showcasing. I’d like for fighting games to go with even more deeper tutorials for characters the same way they do for system mechanics. Steps like these can go a very long way to dispel the myth that people have assuming Tekken is harder to play than other Fighting Games.
Who should be on next week's GAF Player Spotlight?
Sayah
Since Dahbomb strongly encourages pre-orders, what games do you plan to buy that have been officially announced?
I have Dead or Alive 5: Last Round pre-ordered for Steam. I will buy a PS4 when The Witness comes out. And I’ll eventually get every 3D fighting game that comes out in the future.

iUoeLsdCrHsYQ.jpg

Code:
WINTER The King of Fighters 2002 Unlimited Match
02/17  Dead or Alive 5: LAST ROUND (EU: 02/20)
04/15  Mortal Kombat X
2015   Dragon Ball Xenoverse
2015   Rivals of Aether
2015   Skullgirls Encore
2015   Under Night In-Birth (NA/EU)
TBD    Beast's Fury
TBD    Next The King Of Fighters Title (tentative)
TBD    Rise of Incarnates
TBD    Street Fighter V
TBD    Tekken 7
TBD    Tekken X Street Fighter
TBD    Yatagarasu: Attack on Cataclysm
TBD    Yatagarasu: Legend of Raven

ibqmKoeGZdF3Lr.jpg

iknYm15Cbb3g4.jpg

Super Desperation Radio [ 9:30PM EDT | 6:30 PDT ]
  • Hellpockets and various other members of the KoF community discuss KoF and happenings in the FGC.
Marvel Mondays [ 10PM EDT | 7PM PDT ]
  • Out of the ashes of The BOX Arena, comes the San Diego FGC's newest organized weekly for UMvC3.
UltraChenTV: First Attack & Lv3 Focus [ 11:30PM EDT | 8:30PM PDT ]
  • Weekly FGC show dedicated to match analysis, teaching, commentary, news, debates, and more! Hosted by UltraDavid and James Chen.

i05jU9MTJVOrL.jpg

Kachitagari TV (JP) [ 9PM JST | 8AM EDT | 5AM PDT ]
  • Bon-chan, Kazunoko and Fuudo's new show, focusing primarily on SSFIV AE ranked matches but is branching off into other games as well.
NYC VF [ 8PM EDT | 5PM PDT ]
  • NYC VF crew presents VF5:FS tournaments casuals out of The Next Level arcade in Brooklyn.
The Break Weekly [ 8PM EDT | 5PM PDT ]
  • New Jersey's largest weekly featuring UMvC3 and Injustice.
The On Blast Show [ 10PM EDT | 7PM PDT ]
  • JamessMK & DarKNaTaS host a raw and uncut weekly talk show discussing events in the FGC with various FGC personalities.
UltraChenTV: The Tuesday Show [ 11:30PM EDT | 8:30PM PDT ]
  • Weekly FGC show dedicated to match analysis, teaching, commentary, news, debates, and more! Hosted by UltraDavid and James Chen.
The Show That Sucks [ 1AM EDT (following day) | 10PM PDT ]
  • iPlaywinner hosts a weekly talk show featuring alpha stream monsters Harrison and Honzo Gonzo.

ibeoCQqpoXTtfu.jpg

Game Spot Versus KoF Casuals (JP) [ 7PM JST | 6AM EDT | 3AM PDT ]
  • KoF 1998UM, KoF 2002UM and KoF XIII C action from Japan.
TOPANGA TV (JP) [ 9PM JST | 8AM EDT | 5AM PDT ]
  • Description needed.
Next Level Battle Circuit [ 8PM EDT | 4PM PDT ]
  • NYC's biggest weekly at The Next Level Arcade in Brooklyn featuring SSFIV AE, UMvC3 and TTT2. If the Teamsp00ky link is not working, it is likely on the backup stream on Arturo's channel.
Wednesday Night Fights [ 12AM EDT (following day) | 9PM PDT ] [ON HIATUS]

ibuSEViyvaW6s2.jpg

HBTB Live [ 8PM EDT | 5PM PDT ]
  • Hold Back To Block hosts a weekly roundtable discussion of various happenings in the FGC.
Melee It On Me [ 9PM EDT | 6PM PDT ]
  • A bi-weekly Smash podcast discussing recent events, news and issues in the Smash community, hosted by Scar, Prog, Cactuar and Sheridan.
Ghost Battle Series [ 9PM CST | 10PM EDT | 7PM PDT ]
  • Galloping Ghost Arcade presents an Injustice weekly out of Chicago.
The Fray [ 10PM EDT | 7PM PDT ]
  • A weekly FGC talk show hosted by iPlaywinner, featuring a varying, ensemble cast of prominent members of the fighting game community.
ATP LIVE! [ 11PM EDT | 8PM PDT ]
  • Aris' new weekly show, discussing whatever he wants to! The format resembles old ATP podcasts.
The Runback [ 12AM EDT (following day) | 9PM PDT ] [ON HIATUS]
  • The UMvC3 and KoF XIII branch of Wednesday Night Fights also hosted at Super Arcade in Walnut, California.

iUsCIlMTxirgq.jpg

The Smash Break Bi-Weekly [ 6PM EDT | 3PM PDT ]
  • The Break hosts a new Melee bi-weekly to replace Rokunaya Bi-Weeklies which are ending.
Thank God It's Team Stickbug [ 7PM EDT | 4PM PDT ]
  • Arturo streams a BlazBlue and Guilty Gear bi-weekly out of Next Level arcade in Brooklyn.
KaoTV! (JP) [ 11PM JST | 10AM EDT | 7AM PDT ]
SALTY! [ 11PM EDT | 8PM PDT ]
  • A bi-weekly Skullgirls event hosted by members of the Skullgirls development team, often featuring preview builds of the game.

iDFzpxKo67pi.jpg

Rebel Up [ 7PM EDT | 4PM PDT ]
  • Super Arcade's anime bi-weekly, featuring GG, BB, P4A, SG, Gundam and older anime games as well.

ibviiDfGbYQe8.jpg

GGPO VanBats [ 4PM EDT | 1PM PDT ]
  • Weekly GGPO Vampire Savior ranbats streamed by GAFer Rotanibor.
Super Smash Sundays [ 4PM EDT | 1PM PDT ] [ON HIATUS]
  • Level|Up and Team OXY partner up to create a new weekly for the SoCal Melee community, featuring doubles and singles.

ixwKqL3HDm2tG.jpg

On GAF we have various members that stream fighting games from time to time too. If you would like to add your channel to this thread, send me a PM.

ijZOOUzP40x43.jpg

Check out previous OTs for a list of handy fighting game resources for newcomers. For a list of NeoGAF OTs for specific fighting games, as well as a list of non-GAF fighting game communities that may be of interest, check out the FGW Archive where these resources can be found on separate sheets at the bottom.

- - -

If you have any suggestions for the OP, please do not hesitate to post in this thread or (preferably) PM me to let me know.

I wish you would get Sm4sh Yams, I need tips because I'm bad..

What do you need tips on? Who do you play?

Also damn I start the Winter Quarter for school tomorrow and I have a senior level Anthropology class/seminar and fuuuuuuuuuck I didn't know it was a seminar until I just started looking at my schedule.

I'd rather play a FT100 against Chris G

What do you need tips on? Who do you play?

Also damn I start the Winter Quarter for school tomorrow and I have a senior level Anthropology class/seminar and fuuuuuuuuuck I didn't know it was a seminar until I just started looking at my schedule.

I'd rather play a FT100 against Chris G
I play Palutena, and I think it's more I need more practice or something. I go for too many obvious dash grabs and get punished by better players.. Picking up bad habits from for glory mode...

edit: like someone would have to play me to tell me what bad habits I'm doing. I think my reactions suck mostly though..

Zissou

Maaaaaan, everytime I think I'm getting somewhere with guilty gear, I get stomped by somebody so badly that it wouldn't matter if my stick had exploded the moment the first round had started o_O

Sayah

Wow. Nice read AAK. I have been playing against you since Tekken 6 and I can definitely say you have become one ferocious player. :p

And thanks for spotlight vote, even though I'm not nearly as interesting.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Wow. Nice read AAK. I have been playing against you since Tekken 6 and I can definitely say you have become one ferocious player. :p

And thanks for spotlight vote, even though I'm not nearly as interesting.
I assume that means you're willing to do it and can back to me before Sunday evening? :p

Also please don't make it nearly as long as AAK's

Azure J

Nice title. In other news, I'm strongly considering putting Ramlethal on pause and picking up Ky to compliment Elphelt in Xrd. I didn't think I'd take to Ky as easily as I did in my scrubby house sets.

NEO0MJ

Nice title. In other news, I'm strongly considering putting Ramlethal on pause and picking up Ky to compliment Elphelt in Xrd. I didn't think I'd take to Ky as easily as I did in my scrubby house sets.

Ky is pretty fun and cool, plus very functional.

Manbig

Maaaaaan, everytime I think I'm getting somewhere with guilty gear, I get stomped by somebody so badly that it wouldn't matter if my stick had exploded the moment the first round had started o_O

I'll be joining you in that frustration when I pick up the game sometime this week.

Azure J

Ky is pretty fun and cool, plus very functional.

It's so funny, in the past I was eh because I wasn't a fan of the whole lawful good to his character and I thought a ton of his attack animations were jank as fuck. Then I actually go blind pick after reaching the point where my early fg patience wears thin fighting my bro and I suddenly gain a brand new appreciation for the character.

Marth's Melee Shield Breaker as an overhead lunge? His Brawl version as a fucking normal? Dante's j.M from MvC3? Air play as well? That whole runes enhancing projectiles thing? A shoryuken? (This especially, I can't believe how much having a solid reversal helps in this game)

Forgive me Ky for I have sinned. I had zero combos to mention but felt infinitely better just applying general knowledge to him. :lol

Sayad

Ky is the only Xrd character I really understood when I got the chance to play Xrd.
He's basically a Ryu now, if you understand footsies you're good to go with him. I have yet to spend any time with him in training mode, yet my Ky is still better than my I-No who I've been trying to learn for a week now. ;p

mbpm1

He's basically a Ryu now, if you understand footsies you're good to go with him. I have yet to spend any time with him in training mode, yet my Ky is still better than my I-No who I've been trying to learn for a week now. ;p

Pretty much. All I did was throw fireballs, mix it up with heavy slash fireball which i treated like a red fireball, and jump and throw more fireballs.

And then poke with his long normals and use colourful overhead thingy when i was close enough or fish with down forward heavy slash for damage or his slide thing.

It worked out okay against a total noob but fell apart against Ramlethal's aggravating zoning game and a Sol player who had actual combos lol

I play Palutena, and I think it's more I need more practice or something. I go for too many obvious dash grabs and get punished by better players.. Picking up bad habits from for glory mode...

edit: like someone would have to play me to tell me what bad habits I'm doing. I think my reactions suck mostly though..
Space with ffall FAir and Bair, down grab into uair to kill. Jab into tick throw. Those are her basics.

Zissou

Though Sol is the GG poster boy, Ky seems by far the most "street fightery" and easiest to pick up for those familiar with the genre but not with the series. My friend had a similar experience where he practiced Chipp stuff quite a bit and I beat him with Faust even though Chipp seems to fight Faust well, and then he switched to Ky and started doing much better against me even though the MU is theoretically better for Faust. Ky is just easy to pick up and play- he's like if they gave Akuma a sword.

Azure J

On another Xrd related note, are grab ranges uniform in this game? Actually how do grabs work in general? It feels like I'm stuck in a day 1 Marvel style rut where I'm getting grabbed more often than I'm grabbing the opponent and I don't know if it's poor reactions or or different grab ranges a la Marvel kicking in. I wouldn't know how to test for what each character's grab range is though.

I was terrified today seeing him straight up magnetize Elphelt to his grip out of her jumping slash. :lol

On another Xrd related note, are grab ranges uniform in this game? Actually how do grabs work in general? It feels like I'm stuck in a day 1 Marvel style rut where I'm getting grabbed more often than I'm grabbing the opponent and I don't know if it's poor reactions or or different grab ranges a la Marvel kicking in. I wouldn't know how to test for what each character's grab range is though.

I was terrified today seeing him straight up magnetize Elphelt to his grip out of her jumping slash. :lol

iirc grab ranges are pretty small but different? At least in +r I knew that baiken had a pretty small grab range compared to ppl like abba

Phil T. Casual

Neo Member
While we're on the subject of gg's design, can someone tell me the purpose of giving characters different wake up speeds? Not complaining just curious what they wanted to accomplish with this.

Sayad

For air grabs, I think I-No and Sol have better vertical range than Millia. Not base on actual testing, but something I felt while playing the characters so take with a grain of salt.

There are grab invulnerability frames after block stun, hit stun and on wake-up, so you can't grab them during these frames and H(or whatever you option selected with the grab) will come out or you will get grabbed by them if they go for a grab.

Uraizen

Banned
Nothing in Central FL? My wife wants to move there. :p

Nah, I have to drive either 3 hours north or south to get anything. Even then I don't know if there would be games you would want to play. If you want a local scene, miami would probably be your best bet. Best I've found are a few arcades with extremely old iterations of fighters. It was amusing to see the arcade version of Soul Calibur in person. I might have seen something on SRK around the Orlando area, but that's the best I can tell you.

Sayad

While we're on the subject of gg's design, can someone tell me the purpose of giving characters different wake up speeds? Not complaining just curious what they wanted to accomplish with this.
Different oki/safe jump set ups for different characters probably, rewarding lap time. What I don't get though is some characters still having no hitbox on wake up even though they reached their normal standing animation. Which means you can't time things based on their wake up animations:

Ranges vary. Instant, some throw invulnerability after leaving blockstun and after waking up.

Tizoc

From Mike Z's blog there are some stuff I wanted to highlight
Not making motions easier everywhere. I-No's Chemical Love was changed from 632146+button (HCB,F+button) to just 214+button (QCB+button). This is EXCELLENT, it's a great thing to make motions easier for new players!
But why was this approach only taken with Chemical Love? Why not Undertow, or Zansei Rouga, or Sickle Storm, or Tyrant Rave, or Dark Angel, or Potemkin Buster, or even I-No's other moves like Stroke the Big Tree, Longing Desperation or Ultimate Fortissimo?
Why are lots of moves still half-circles when there is no overlapping quarter-circle motion? Why are there still overlapping motions on the same button, like Potemkin Buster and Megafist? Why does Ramlethal have a just-frame DP? Why not ACTUALLY make the game easier for new people to pick up and play and not screw up basic moves?

Now that I think about, yeah I-No's Chemical Romance did have a different input in XX games, my thing about the inputs is that while on the one hand I appreciate their strictness, sometimes it becomes irritating, I just want to do a Super move not effin' Slash/Hard Slash...

Personally I would've liked if it had an 'Easy input mode' like UMvC3 for casuals.

Playing Potemkin without air Buster or Judge Gauntlet feels off, and playing Potemkin without 2S pulling in feels awful
I KNOW THE FEEL!
Air Buster was laughably fun and Dwn+S NOT pulling people in in Xrd felt lame to me, now I gotta go St. S>Cr. H>HPB

Unskippable cinematic supers. Another pet peeve of mine, ten seconds of Heavenly Potemkin Buster is no longer amusing after the fourth time. Let me press Taunt to skip cinematics, at least, if not giving me a non-cinematic version of the move.
I will NEVER get enough of cinematic HPB. I want this sucker to SHOW it hurts like hell, and showing it hurts like hell it does~

Top Bottom