• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

B.E.A.S.T 5 | European Super Smash Bros. Tournament APEX 2015 Qualifier | Jan. 9-11th

Revven

c7k0nUw.jpg

Biggest European Super Smash Bros. tournament and the 5th largest Super Smash Bros. Melee tournament, B.E.A.S.T 5 features some of the highest level of Super Smash Bros. competition seen in Europe! Players from the U.K, US, Sweden, France, Germany, Netherlands, and so much more! Hosted in Gothenburg, Sweden, it is going to be a tournament to remember.

Brackets:

You can find all the brackets here (this also includes pools for Melee and Smash 4).

Schedule

Where can I watch?

Project M is being streamed all day today on: www.twitch.tv/vgbootcamp and it will finish today.

Melee and Smash 4 will be on VGBC tomorrow but it will eventually switch to www.twitch.tv/vgbootcamp2 because GimR is streaming another event in the US on the same day.

Second stream for this event is: www.twitch.tv/saltyplayground (not live today)

Notable Players
[A] Armada
VwS ProfessorPro
C9 Mang0
Leffen
Amsah
Ice
Calle W
LLL Jeapie
Aniolas
Zgetto
Android

and many more!

emb

Amsah is back? Cool, hope he makes waves.

And I kinda hope Leffen beats Mango here. Between the top 3, that's the only set result I could see being really interesting.

xezuru

I normally think Snake is one of the boringest characters, but Professor Pro's play make him one of my favorite players / characters to watch in Smash, just under Chillin's wolf.

Revven

I normally think Snake is one of the boringest characters, but Professor Pro's play make him one of my favorite players / characters to watch in Smash, just under Chillin's wolf.

PPro's Snake is something else, man. So good.

Eh, it was weird anyway so I removed it. And it was inaccurate as apparently it's an auditorium anyway, it just looks like a church.

Nah it's cool I was just referring to the stream chat.

Also Leffen's powershield game too stronk

EDIT: WTF PROFESSOR PRO

ec0ec0

Gonna be interesting to see if Mango can take this with PAL Fox.

So.. what are the main PAL changes to have in mind about the top tier characters?

- Fox's upB travels less distance

- Fox's up smash knockback weakened

- Falco's down aerial doesn't spikes on tthe latter frames

- Marth's dair is meteor smash instead of a spike (marth is dead)

- Sheik's down throw

??

saska

- Marth's dair is meteor smash instead of a spike (marth is dead)

Not really dead. It's a nerf but in the end not that bad. Also in PAL marth falls down from fox shine.

Sheik uair knockback is reduced and can lead to cool combos. (but no longer a kill move)

Yoshi is all around buffed but since amsa isn't attending it really doesn't matter.

ec0ec0

Not really dead. It's a nerf but in the end not that bad. Also in PAL marth falls down from fox shine.

didn't realize about that!! marth's weight is a little lower then. Thanks.

(that's why i asked, i knew that i was going to forget about something :p)

I obviously meant top European players such as Mr. R

Er, how am I supposed to know what you're 'obviously' talking about when you don't specify. I know GAF is a global forum and this is a Euro event but the majority of us posting here are Americans. Sorry for not being able to read your mind.

Vena

So...

That was hype, especially that GF reset + the two/two set with both at hundred+ %. Luigi eating Diddy's was great. All those bad Diddy's was great.

Pappasman

The Smash 4 grand finals pretty much showcased all of my problems with this game. Also lmao at D1 for saying "destruction" to a upsmash OoS.

I almost did because I had the chat closed and didn't know Melee TOP 8 of the 5th largest melee tournament ever was on the secondary stream...

cause someone failed to realize that KiT was the same time as this when answering streaming requests.....lol

Top Bottom