• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

B.E.A.S.T 5 | European Super Smash Bros. Tournament APEX 2015 Qualifier | Jan. 9-11th

FZZ

Banned
Yo Amsah was pure fire that set

Now onto MangoAT

The Smash 4 grand finals pretty much showcased all of my problems with this game. Also lmao at D1 for saying "destruction" to a upsmash OoS.

No. Europe doesn't even have any of the top Smash 4 players. Wait for Apex grand finals to give the game and the meta that has developed legitimate criticism. Even then the game has only been out for 3 months.

Unless you've been keeping up with every Xanadu, I don't think you've seen what the game can pull off.

Fuck Diddy tho

Vena

Watching Melee and Sm4sh back to back really does underline how entirely different the games are in terms of... everything.

I've come to prefer Sm4sh!

Does PAL shiek have nerfed knockback on fair?

Nope. Should be close aside from resolution permissions on PAL.

Revven

Does PAL shiek have nerfed knockback on fair?

Smash Wiki says... here

-Sweetspotted up smash deals 1% less damage.

-Up aerial no longer has KO potential; it deals 2% less damage and is weaker, making it more of a juggling/comboing-orientated move, rather than finisher.

-Down throw sends opponents on a more horizontal angle, meaning it has lost its ability to chaingrab, and it cannot followup with a smash or tilt any more (the only reliable followup option still possible is a dash attack).

That's all she got changed.

K.Sabot

Leffen 3-0ing Armada on PAL would be a statement, not sure what the statement would be, but it sure is saying something.

Revven

Leffen 3-0ing Armada on PAL would be a statement, not sure what the statement would be, but it sure is saying something.

Yeah, seriously, usually their sets are much closer in PAL than NTSC. So weird to see him doing so well in PAL... though Armada might have TO johns lolol.

emb

Armada keeping things close now.

(Though I think Leffen has it; I mean, he has two games worth of counter picks)

Revven

Leffen in WFs but he could always lose to Mang0 and then face Armada again in loser's... (if Armada beats Amsah, which I think he will).

Looking for a Mang0 4 stock on leffen as per the tradition Kappa

actually now that we're in Sweden I expect the crowd to sing the Swedish national anthem and Leffen to 4 stock him instead

emb

actually now that we're in Sweden I expect the crowd to sing the Swedish national anthem and Leffen to 4 stock him instead
Hopefully. Kreygasm

#yearoftheleffeb
RIP Prof. It was sorta expected though.
Not an upset, but I didn't expect it to be so one sided. Game 3 had standing lasers sprikled all over, suicide kill attempts, etc. Ice knew he had it, lol.

also

Banned
Watching Melee and the commentators are destroying my ears. Their volume is way too high compared to the game's and their screams are ear piercing.

Vena

This set is why I watched the tournament. So good.

This set and JMil's on Sm4sh have made the day for both games, ahaha.

it was supposed to be the last day today, but they extended it into tomorrow

they're totally going for the record lol

They extended it? Interesting.

What are we looking at on the overall for numbers? I wonder if this won't be the generally largest Smash gathering for APEX in general.

Vena

Yeah, JMil was great! I had no idea about him, so that was the pleasant surprised of the day.

I think the whole comeback kid really helped (and the wave of Diddy's getting bodied and the easymode players getting bodied), of course the 3-0 and nailbitter in GF finals really set the deal with those understage plays at the end lol.

Chat was blowing up when Miller's wins over Diddy, and then the change to Sheik really set everyone off.

K.Sabot

Love how mang0 is always down a full stock and is just like "welp guess I gotta do something amazing" and does it.

Top Bottom