• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

B.E.A.S.T 5 | European Super Smash Bros. Tournament APEX 2015 Qualifier | Jan. 9-11th

Revven

It was much more fun to watch peach's combos. As a viewer I prefer thats style so Im rooting for that.
Not that Leffen palyed bad, he played really good, but fox's playstyle bores me to death.

Well, it's how Fox has to play the match-up vs Peach. He can't go aggro all the time on her because of crouch cancel Dsmash and how often she can just throw Fox off-stage and gimp him. There's a lot of thought process going on on the Fox player's part to actually create an opening, bait out Peach, and etc.

Holy shit guys, why so defensive?
I was only saying that it was more fun for me how Peach played and thats why I rooted for him (same with my friends that were watching, while we were talking over whats app). Leffen won at the end of the day, good for him, he did great (and obviously he is going to play to win, not to make me entertained), but I prefer the other style of play, nothign more, nothing less.

Then you wonder why people find some parts of your fanbase closed as hell and want to stay back as far as possible.

Well, it's how Fox has to play the match-up vs Peach. He can't go aggro all the time on her because of crouch cancel Dsmash and how often she can just throw Fox off-stage and gimp him. There's a lot of thought process going on on the Fox player's part to actually create an opening, bait out Peach, and etc.

This was only the actual good response from all of you. Is good to see someone give info of why he played like that against Peach.
Thanks, really.

It's cool if you actually understand it then. Judging by twitch chat a lot of people don't.

No really, of course I understand him. Ive played in melee tournamets in the past, that was when melee was starting, won a few (a friend of mine won more than me, and he was the one where I spend with him countless of hours during weekends playing, so i was a big melee fan during the whole GC generation), it was the only competitive game I was mildy good at against others. The way you play at the start of the tournament, for example, is not the same way you play at the end. You usually take more risks, are a bit more playful, etc... If you start winning and going up the tournament, against harder opponents, your play is more methodic, maybe even more boring and safe, because you don't want to lose, and maybe you can even get to the first place and win the price.
I did the same as Leffen wthe two times I won (they were small tournaments at conventions, nothing really that big with super pros like where this people attend), so im not mad at him or anything.
Still, of course i prefer a more entertaining match if im not the one playing against. It's fun to root to the one that entertains you, and I will say is the same as watching any sports match where you are don't have a favourite team.

Top Bottom