• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | July 8-14 | All roads lead here

jbug617

Banned
I think today SRK puts out all the EVO stream info. I hope they name the teams for the 3v3 competition for Friday.

edit: Sanford is going to EVO.
@SanfordKelly 4m

Welp change of plans...Vegas it is see everyone this weekend

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Probably won't be a drama piece exactly. Probably going to look like "this guy got the rug pulled from underneath him, look at what the community did to help!".

I hope that they re-release ST on Xbox One and PS4 with GGPO. no fucking choppy HD art. make it an arcade perfect SF2 collection while you're at it.

jbug617

Banned
Probably won't be a drama piece exactly. Probably going to look like "this guy got the rug pulled from underneath him, look at what the community did to help!".

Probably going to be a piece about how the community is trying to help a top US player get to EVO. However in the article they have to address the issue with his sponsor at least.

Horseress

I think today SRK puts out all the EVO stream info. I hope they name the teams for the 3v3 competition for Friday.

edit: Sanford is going to EVO.

LOL now everybody is going to EVO
I'm happy that he's going. His Sagat is definitely top 8 material.

I hope that they re-release ST on Xbox One and PS4 with GGPO. no fucking choppy HD art. make it an arcade perfect SF2 collection while you're at it.

HDR classic mode has decent rollback netcode, though not GGPO, and options to not make it widescreen and use old character models. The redone backgrounds don't change, but that's purely aesthetics and I think most people ignore them after a few matches.

I think the SF2 well has dried up, so I wouldn't expect anything else.

Actually.... How often do you guys find yourselves looking at the backgrounds in fighting games, other than Injustice? After someone asked me about some background details in AE, I realized I don't even look at them. In Tekken, I pretty much have the size of the background mapped in my head already.

It took me years to notice some obvious things in Tekken 6.

BadWolf

Actually.... How often do you guys find yourselves looking at the backgrounds in fighting games, other than Injustice? After someone asked me about some background details in AE, I realized I don't even look at them. In Tekken, I pretty much have the size of the background mapped in my head already.

If they are good then I really enjoy looking at them.

Love marveling at the backgrounds in games like Last Blade, King of Fighters XII and XIII etc.

Shito

I always choose the training stage in AE, and I've only today realized that there was a creepy circle of shoes around the piano of the piano stage in P4A, only because a co-worker asked me "what about those shoes?".
That was on 32 inch Vewlix cabinet screen, mind you, and it was the first time for me seeing this obvious detail.

So, I think I'd answer "not too often".

What team are you going to use?

You're going to have to wait for Saturday ;)

Unless my brain/fingers magically learn to play a "fair and balanced" team, probably Cap/Nova/Doom.

Random select should help him retain at least some dignity.

I get a built in Option Select. If I win, I become the guy who sent Chris G to Loser's first round at HIS Evo. If I lose, I lost to Chris G, no big deal.

kirblar

Random select should help him retain at least some dignity.
That's true. We know Chris likes to pot split.
You're going to have to wait for Saturday ;)

Unless my brain/fingers magically learn to play a "fair and balanced" team, probably Cap/Nova/Doom.

I get a built in Option Select. If I win, I become the guy who sent Chris G to Loser's first round at HIS Evo. If I lose, I lost to Chris G, no big deal.
Do you have the crossup available w/ Stars n Stripes?

kick51

Banned
This is the kind of negative story you want to be told though. (Alongside stuff like Revelations.) You have to expose things like this (alongside promoting the good guys.)

yes, but it feeds into that whole "not gonna cover Evo, but gonna cover the ugly drama" crap that Kotaku does.

They won't promote the good guys. They'll do this story, then nothing until the next scandal hits.

That's true. We know Chris likes to pot split.

Do you have the crossup available w/ Stars n Stripes?

I have unblockables and some semi decent instant overhead setups.

I'm basically hoping that Chris G will be super rusty somehow and be off his game and I can take advantage of best 2/3 pools.

Horseress

I'm basically hoping that Chris G will be super rusty somehow and be off his game and I can take advantage of best 2/3 pools.

Pick a top tier man!
Where's Sanford when you need him?!

EDIT: Ow, you play Nova/Doom, that's top tier enough. But Chris hates a nutty Wolvie, so....think about it

kick51

Banned

Don't worry about it man, there's one really simple way to beat ChrisG and you'll move on in winners in easily. All you have to do is

Beckx

HDR classic mode has decent rollback netcode, though not GGPO, and options to not make it widescreen and use old character models. The redone backgrounds don't change, but that's purely aesthetics and I think most people ignore them after a few matches.

I think the SF2 well has dried up, so I wouldn't expect anything else.

I do, it's one of the things I love. HDR is hideous to me, and putting classic sprites on those backgrounds just makes it worse.

So I got a copy of SSFIIX for Matching Service up and running on my Dreamcast w/ VGA output. No online but all I want SF2 for is local play anyway, so it's all good.

Horseress

Chris G doesn't eat real food though.

Wear this shirt
tumblr_lymtahFLW31ro5tg1o1_400.jpg

Bizazedo

Random Marvel thoughts as we all recover from CM II and prep for Evo....how many keep away teams were used?

I didn't get to watch the whole thing, just a little before top 8.

Only reason I ask is due to Zero :).

I do, it's one of the things I love. HDR is hideous to me, and putting classic sprites on those backgrounds just makes it worse.

So I got a copy of SSFIIX for Matching Service up and running on my Dreamcast w/ VGA output. No online but all I want SF2 for is local play anyway, so it's all good.

Is that the closest a home port has ever got to arcade? I want it but it's so expensive nowadays. I might as well get a CPS2 instead, lol.

Beckx

Is that the closest a home port has ever got to arcade? I want it but it's so expensive nowadays. I might as well get a CPS2 instead, lol.

Yeah, the price is not something I want to think about (at least I didn't pay the LOL three digit prices).

When I was asking around, the general consensus seemed to be that this was the closest port and that the playstation collections (the easy, cheap choice) were to be avoided.

Top Bottom