• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | July 8-14 | All roads lead here

Evo late registration info from Ponder:

In order to qualify for emergency registration:

1) You must find the tournament administrator (me) onsite on Thursday before 6:00 PM.
2) There must be room in the bracket you want to play in for us to write your name manually.
3) For 2013, Sunday passes are completely sold out, so your pass will only be good for playing in the tournament and hall access on Friday and Saturday.
4) You must pay a super late emergency registration penalty fee of $120 plus $10 per game.

This should only to be used as a last resort!! If too many people start doing it, we'll have to take it away. =(

https://twitter.com/Pond3r/status/354308799340879873

Inpin PS2->PS3.

I hear mayflash is also pretty good

he uses a pdp controller

Ok, so these guys gave me some good answers, but I just want to make sure I know all my options.

I'm having quite the Evo crisis right now and I don't have a controller to play with. I need to make a purchase NOW, otherwise I am probably screwed.

If anyone has some links to PS3 controllers I could purchase and use that would be nice. I'd like something similar to a 360 pad.

Justin says that he wants to take home the gold in Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 because he doesn't want AGE|NYChrisG to win. Ricky would like to win 1st in Street Fighter X Tekken and PR Balrog wants to win Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition v2012 and Injustice: Gods Among Us

Eventhubs

Ricky have officially given up. No wonder he was looking so ass in SF4 during the Topanga charity and didn't even bother to play any sets in UMVC3.

Dahbomb

The Last Emperor.

Also it doesn't look complete, I think he might still be editing stuff in and what's why it wasn't posted on GAF yet.

The player tier list was his idea though. I think anyone outside the top 5 are too hard to rate anyway.

Most of the credit goes to dahbomb. He did an amazing job with analyzing the teams of each players. I just did the compiling.

Btw, dahbomb, if/when you get time, can you do the some writeups for the following teams

Frutsy
Neo/tokidos team
Knives
Dios x
Killer Kai
Angelic
Zak Bennett
X ray
White black
Dieminion ( I guess he's going)

sleepykyo

ibixTfreIiFuBq.gif

Gonna be hard to top that.

Horseress

According to this Guidebook Evo guide, Capcom's panel will be on Saturday, 12pm. Will be presented by Combofiend,. He will talk about the new SFIV iterattion AND it will have a gameplay demonstration

jbug617

Banned
Here are the teams.
CafeId (Korea) - CafeId.RZR|Poongko, CafeId.RZR|Bigdanmul, CafeId.RZR|Kensouzzang
China - Qanba|Xiao Hai, Qanba|Dakou, Dark Jiewa
Europe - WW.MCZ|Ryan Hart, BCN-eSports|Alioune, WDM.MCZ|Luffy
Far East - DM.MCZ|Xian, AVM|Gamerbee, Humanbomb
Japan - MCZ|Daigo Umehera, HORI|Sako, RZR|Fuudo
North America - EG|PR Balrog, EG|Justin Wong, AGE|NYChrisG
South America - XRGR.paiN|Ludo, XRGR.CNB|Chuchu, XRGR.CNB|LordxSaka
Evo Wildcards - Laugh, Infiltration, DH|Popi

I voted for Wildcards because of Infiltration.

OceanBlue

Eventhubs

Ricky have officially given up. No wonder he was looking so ass in SF4 during the Topanga charity and didn't even bother to play any sets in UMVC3.

Justin also didn't mention SF4. They were talking about it on the stream and said that they obviously want to win at SF4 as well, but that SF4 was probably the hardest game to win at Evo due to the amount of international skill.

Team Far East got that shit SO DEEP in the bag.....

Nah didn't you watch Topanga A League? Sako and Fuudo can definitely take it over Gamerbee and Xian and it's a tossup between Xian and Daigo. GO JAPAN! :D
(I'm expecting Team Infiltration to win)

Bizazedo

According to this Guidebook Evo guide, Capcom's panel will be on Saturday, 12pm. Will be presented by Combofiend,. He will talk about the new SFIV iterattion AND it will have a gameplay demonstration

Curiosity is my bane, I swear. I need zee patch notes!

OceanBlue

Anyone know how fast subscriber chat is for EVO? I was kinda wondering how people would use those online betting things like SaltyBet for EVO.

smurfx

get some go again
Well, we have a chart of Mexican players going to EVO, not sure if you'd be interested in that.
can you post it? i'm not gonna subscribe to the evo stream because twitch has been awful lately. if twitch comes out and says they will dedicate extra bandwidth then i will subscribe.

phaonaut

Anyone know how fast subscriber chat is for EVO? I was kinda wondering how people would use those online betting things like SaltyBet for EVO.

I think you use salty bets website for betting and bipson bucks is usually in poverty chat so it shouldn't really have an effect. At least I think, but I could be wrong.

Dahbomb

I think Dios X's team is more like a 9/10 in synergy. I have been a fan of it since he first used it.
I didn't write that part, it's being processed. I gave it 8/10 and mostly because Doom gets nothing from Storm's assists. If Storm had great assists then yea, this team would be pretty damn good.

TLE I just sent you the post. I think that should be all.

iBAJyVXxe8GOV.gif

I didn't write that part, it's being processed. I gave it 8/10 and mostly because Doom gets nothing from Storm's assists. If Storm had great assists then yea, this team would be pretty damn good.

TLE I just sent you the post. I think that should be all.

iBAJyVXxe8GOV.gif
I think it might be the best Storm team, though.

Dahbomb

I think it might be the best Storm team, though.
Storm is essentially like a Magneto so obviously Drones and Missiles would be the best for her. Incidentally if you replaced her with Iron Man it would be the best Iron Man team too. It just sucks that Storm herself has no good assist.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
The only panels that interest me are the Street Fighter Nation (for the 1% chance they announce they are taking SFIV out back and putting it out of it's misery and announcing SFV instead) and the Killer Instinct one (for how they approach a series reboot and how far they are going with fan feedback). Hopefully theyre streamed.

MrDaravon

ibixTfreIiFuBq.gif

This is what I'm imagining when someone gets lightning looped

This is amazing, first thing that's made me crack a smile all afternoon.

When I got off last night they were only in top 32ish of Curleh, I clearly missed a lot of shit. Was shocked to see Champ didn't even make GF, should be a good watch.

Justin also didn't mention SF4. They were talking about it on the stream and said that they obviously want to win at SF4 as well, but that SF4 was probably the hardest game to win at Evo due to the amount of international skill.

Nah didn't you watch Topanga A League? Sako and Fuudo can definitely take it over Gamerbee and Xian and it's a tossup between Xian and Daigo. GO JAPAN! :D
(I'm expecting Team Infiltration to win)

Sako really surprised me last year I didn't think he had the mental strength to make it as far as he did last year. Usually top Japanese players get random out by players no where near as technical as them in pools or early in the tournament. That's what is so great about Daigo you never hear of him losing off stream to some unknown player.

Dahbomb

I don't think I have laughed as hard as I did with CM last night at a tournament. I couldn't post on GAF half of the time because I was trying to gasp for air.

THE RECLINER!!!

The FChamp vs Marn set had my sides hurting. The Marn "dat ass" face combined with FChamp's constipated look was priceless.

Top Bottom