• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | July 8-14 | All roads lead here

jbug617

Banned
EVO Stream Info: http://shoryuken.com/2013/07/08/ipwteamspooky-to-stream-evo-2013-heres-the-schedule/

Spooky/IPW/Offcast are the main team

edit: Stream Schedule

evo-stream-schedule.png

Kikujiro

Here are the teams.
CafeId (Korea) - CafeId.RZR|Poongko, CafeId.RZR|Bigdanmul, CafeId.RZR|Kensouzzang
China - Qanba|Xiao Hai, Qanba|Dakou, Dark Jiewa
Europe - WW.MCZ|Ryan Hart, BCN-eSports|Alioune, WDM.MCZ|Luffy
Far East - DM.MCZ|Xian, AVM|Gamerbee, Humanbomb
Japan - MCZ|Daigo Umehera, HORI|Sako, RZR|Fuudo
North America - EG|PR Balrog, EG|Justin Wong, AGE|NYChrisG
South America - XRGR.paiN|Ludo, XRGR.CNB|Chuchu, XRGR.CNB|LordxSaka
Evo Wildcards - Laugh, Infiltration, DH|Popi

I voted for Wildcards because of Infiltration.

So good. It's great that they are doing an exhibition, with all these top players (and there a lot more) it would be a waste not to show more high quality play.

MrDaravon

The only stream time for TTT2 and Persona 4 is finals lol

I also think they're still fucked on finals, they're not going to make top 8 on most of those games in 2 hours...

OceanBlue

How long do Melee games usually last? I only watched a few but they seemed longer than other fighting games aside from KOF13 and slow SFxT games.

Edit: Also, damn at P4A and TTT2, lol. And then there's the huge block for MK9 all of Friday.

Beckx

And I'll take the relatively safe bet that the AE winner won't be crowned until Monday East Coast time. Probably closer to 2am.

Revven

How long do Melee games usually last? I only watched a few but they seemed longer than other fighting games aside from KOF13 and slow SFxT games.

They can be short depending on the match-ups. Some matches can last only a minute while other can go up to 4 minutes. Regardless of the length they are extremely entertaining.

Shouta

Chun Li is as top tier as it gets.
Rufus is the problem, and he should not be player on point either.

If he did more optimized damage, it'd probably help a lot a bit too. Rufus can combo s.hp into messiah kick, lk follow-up and that lifts the opponent into the air enough for a follow-up. it does pretty solid damage too.

Chavelo

... Special demonstrations.....

It's time folks. It's fucking happening!

...what's happening? Another TTT2 announcement with Snoop Dogg being a playable character? Or Ono coming out and wanting yet another fucking Shoryuken picture again? Or maybe that'll be the time slots for community awards.

The thing you want to happen in those timeslots ain't happening, Dahbomb. :p

OceanBlue

They can be short depending on the match-ups. Some matches can last only a minute while other can go up to 4 minutes. Regardless of the length they are extremely entertaining.

I don't doubt they'll be entertaining. I'm just wondering about the schedule. It doesn't sound too bad though.

Xevren

Injustice special presentation probably about the new dlc coming right? Saw mention of it in the Injustice thread.

OceanBlue

I'm kinda sad since I was really excited for P4A. So many Japanese players! :(

KOF should be cool too. Lots of international representation there as well. I'm glad that's being streamed more at least.

Dahbomb

...what's happening?
itceNX1.png

If I was into SFxT, I don't know.. the finals time I could live with, but my main concern would be, where's the rest of it?
I mean it should still at least be on a main stream. I mean yeah... even if Marvel's quarter finals was on a tertiary stream I would watch that over SFxT but a finals of a game at EVO should be getting the primary stream treatment at the minimum.

Strong message from EVO to Capcom... we don't wanna see this game again next year so you can keep your god damn money hats.

Shouta

Holy shit @ the stream schedule. Total shit.

Mortal Kombat all day on secondary stream and no Tekken pools?

SFxT gets a tertiary stream and no pools either? The fuck.

OceanBlue

Sako shines in long sets, if he makes Top 8 ha has a chance to win AE, but he can easily get random out.

I agree about Sako and long sets, but looking at how he did last year, he lost to Kindevu and Fuudo. I don't think they are particularly weak players. SF4 just has so many strong players that it's probably hard to make it very hard. I'm less worried about him getting randomed out and more worried about him meeting other favorites midway through the bracket.

I'm kinda sad since I was really excited for P4A. So many Japanese players! :(

KOF should be cool too. Lots of international representation there as well. I'm glad that's being streamed more at least.

I think it is pretty disgraceful really. P4A got very good numbers and sfxt deserves better.

I agree about Sako and long sets, but looking at how he did last year, he lost to Kindevu and Fuudo. I don't think they are particularly weak players. SF4 just has so many strong players that it's probably hard to make it very hard. I'm less worried about him getting randomed out and more worried about him meeting other favorites midway through the bracket.

Sako has a weapon that he didn't have last year.

A counterpick.

Exr

I fly in Wednesday and my friend might be able to bring his PS3 so we can have a setup in our room at Ballys. If anybody gets there and wants to get some games in feel free ti PM me.

MrDaravon

What were the final registration numbers per game? IIRC the Persona and TTT2 numbers way super small so I can kinda see how they got shafted, but didn't SFxT have way more than MK9?

xCobalt

I'm really surprised stream 2 is dedicated entirely to netherrealm games. Isn't this where dahbomb starts screaming moneyhats?

Having the KI and Inj demonstrations on finals day sounds like a terrible idea to me. Looks like a way to ensure the rest of the schedule runs late. Hopefully it'll work out.

OceanBlue

I think it is pretty disgraceful really. P4A got very good numbers and sfxt deserves better.

Definitely agree, but I guess it's not wrong that P4A is one of the less popular games for stream viewers and that SFxT is the least popular Capcom game. It's a shame, but with so many games (and WB sponsor money lol) I can't get too mad at the staff. I hope a lot of games get recorded.

Sako has a weapon that he didn't have last year.

A counterpick.
dat unblockable

What were the final registration numbers per game? IIRC the Persona and TTT2 numbers way super small so I can kinda see how they got shafted, but didn't SFxT have way more than MK9?

ALL of them got more than MK9. MK9 has the least number of entrants.

Dahbomb

The 2nd stream is most definitely the NRS stream.

Isn't this where dahbomb starts screaming moneyhats?
Beaten. Although I don't need to scream money hats because I already did the day the games were announced. If people didn't figure out that money hats were involved that day then this isn't going to convince people either.

It's how the way this works. I still respect EVO for having so many games this year but still some stuff is going on in the background that is less than ideal.

Top Bottom