• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | July 8-14 | All roads lead here

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
"Injustice Special Presentation" is probably the announcement/showing off of the new DLC characters.

The other special presentation is when they give out awards and such right?

Beckx

Only finals for Persona, TTT2 and SFxT while Mortal Kombat gets 10 hours of streaming. Stop the moneyhats pls.

EVO 2013: When Moneyhats Jumped the Shark.

Seriously, that company has an entire dedicated stream, plus Day 3 main stream finals.

MrDaravon

ALL of them got more than MK9. MK9 has the least number of entrants.

Oh wow, really? Well nevermind, that's clearly moneyhats then. It's whatever since they're ones running the event and not us, but it'd be nice if they'd at least be upfront about it. How the hell are they going to fill that much time if the entrants were that low? o_O

LordJim

What were the final registration numbers per game? IIRC the Persona and TTT2 numbers way super small so I can kinda see how they got shafted, but didn't SFxT have way more than MK9?

Exact numbers
1. SSF4 AE v2012 - 1,601 players
2. UMvC3 - 1,297 players
3. Smash - 696 players
4. Injustice - 582 players
5. SFxT - 545 players
6. KoF13 - 433 players
7. P4A - 400 players
8. TTT2 - 355 players
9. MK9 - 233 players

Maybe Namco or Atlus could help support the fighting game scene financially, which would allow organizers to have additional equipment and streams, which could then be dedicated to those companies games.

Put up or shut up.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Anything is better than SFxT.

It's kinda funny how so many said MK would be dead after the first EVO. Well, here we are.
It is dead. It couldn't even get 300 at Evo, which supposedly was the bar MrWizard set.

But you know, he does whatever the fuck he wants and justifies it after the fact.

Beckx

Okay, I'm confused. They will run games for 400 players and have finals for P4A by mid-afternoon Friday, but they will be able to fill an entire day with MK9's 200 players? How does that work?

This has to be a mistake, really.

Infinite

Maybe Namco or Atlus could help support the fighting game scene financially, which would allow organizers to have additional equipment and streams, which could then be dedicated to those companies games.

Put up or shut up.
Atlus has supported every road to evo major and them some. They supported evo last year and they probably will do so again as two of their games are featured

Kikujiro

I really hope The Fall Classic will get big enough and have lots of international players because EVO is clearly going for the money.

Exact numbers
1. SSF4 AE v2012 - 1,601 players
2. UMvC3 - 1,297 players
3. Smash - 696 players
4. Injustice - 582 players
5. SFxT - 545 players
6. KoF13 - 433 players
7. P4A - 400 players
8. TTT2 - 355 players
9. MK9 - 233 players

least popular game, 10 hours of streaming time

Money-Hat.jpg

xCobalt

The 2nd stream is most definitely the NRS stream.

Beaten. Although I don't need to scream money hats because I already did the day the games were announced. If people didn't figure out that money hats were involved that day then this isn't going to convince people either.

It's how the way this works. I still respect EVO for having so many games this year but still some stuff is going on in the background that is less than ideal.

It was pretty obvious money was involved. I forgot how the conversation went exactly but I think skisonic asked Mr.wizard on wakeup srk if they were in talks with NRS and mr.wizard simply said he wasn't allowed to discuss this issue.

CurlyW

Again, MK9 may be going last, but they clearly have the worst slot of all games. MK9 top 8 is up against SF4 quarterfinals and it is being held on the side stage. TTT2 and P4A top 8s may be earlier, but they at least get to be on the main stage.

They have the fewest entrants so they have the worst finals slot. Simple as that.

EDIT: Okay, now that I looked at the schedule for longer than 5 milliseconds, I have noooooo clue why MK9 is the B stream all day. That's just weird. Could be logistics (easier to keep it to one game instead of changing it around). I don't think it's money related because WB wants to promote Injustice, not a 3-year-old game.

LordJim

Again, MK9 may be going last, but they clearly have the worst slot of all games. MK9 top 8 is up against SF4 quarterfinals and it is being held on the side stage. TTT2 and P4A top 8s may be earlier, but they at least get to be on the main stage.

They have the fewest entrants so they have the worst finals slot. Simple as that.

SFxT is against Marvel and Injustice semis, haha.

OceanBlue

EDIT: Okay, now that I looked at the schedule for longer than 5 milliseconds, I have noooooo clue why MK9 is the B stream all day. That's just weird. Could be logistics (easier to keep it to one game instead of changing it around). I don't think it's money related because WB wants to promote Injustice, not a 3-year-old game.

I'm not saying that the schedule is awful or anything, but if you asked P4A or TTT2 to trade stream slots with the MK9 players, I wonder what they'd say.

Edit after your edit: Lol, I guess you see what we're saying. I'm sure there could be plenty of reasons, but I think it's understandable that players for those games feel shafted. And then there are the SFxT players, lol. :(

Tekken players should boycott. Think of how many more hours they could put in at the office this weekend.

Edit: oh damn 5 o'clock I'm out of here

MK9 came out on PC recently, so promoting it again would make sense.

kick51

Banned
The best part of SFxT will be the pools where the interesting players are. Top 8's just gonna be a bunch of fundamentals guys footsying for 2 hours straight. Not that they don't deserve it, but that's the SFxT people hate.

BUT NO 10 hours of Mortal Kombat, the least entered game there. Blatant, describes it.

Having the KI and Inj demonstrations on finals day sounds like a terrible idea to me. Looks like a way to ensure the rest of the schedule runs late. Hopefully it'll work out.

These demos are paid for. You think Microsoft wants their shit on Friday morning?

You can find fault with the schedule but the demos are the demos, and they are gonna happen during 'prime time'. That only makes sense.

The Light

Well glad I like MK, but man p4a and TTT2 got shafted schedule wise. One would think both of those would have more stream time. Ahh wish I could be there then this wouldn't be a problem.

Top Bottom