• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | May 13-19 | Throwing coins

Sigmaah

I feel you all with the whole vision thing. The minute my glasses come off, I become a scared mess. I never bother to play sports like basketball or football with friends because I'm afraid my glasses will break and my vision will be gone. I take off my glasses and bam, my vision is soooo blurry, I gotta be like 1 inch away from something to be able to see without my glasses. Shit sucks, stops me from a lot :<, can't even enjoy a roller coaster ride cause I'm afraid ill lose my glasses if I keep them on while riding, so I just put them in my pocket and then ride, still fun but I don't want it to be blurry! And I'm also scared to defend myself cause if I try to fight, I gotta worry about my glasses because if they break, I lose cause then I can't see. So I just avoid situations like that in general but damn, I want perfect vision!

Marvel needs an update! I need more characters!

Azure J

+1 on the fear of losing glasses while doing stuff. Although, I'll still do it anyway because I'm simplistic as hell, I will kill to make sure that things are good if they leave my face for whatever reason.

gutabo

Keep in mind that a trip to Peru would be something that might happen years from now, if ever. I think I've filled this thread with enough personal misery stories, but my finances are not in great shape right now. I really do appreciate the offer though, and I take it seriously. I would definitely stick around for some gaming time and exploration.
No problem at all, check your PMs. Maybe by then I'll have a console again and my son will kick your ass in mahvel with chun li, arthur and hsien ko!

Get ready to have your mind blown:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Health_insurance_costs_in_the_United_States

This is pretty accurate in my experience. My wife's mother pays ~$1000/month for her health insurance. This insurance would probably not cover Lasik either, haha. :-(
I'll read that but I still can't believe dem prices, they're nuts. I guess that's why so many tourists have been coming here to have their plastic surgeries done. I don't even want to ask for those prices!

Yo, the DOA movie is on TNT right now. This is some of the worst film making I have ever seen. Makes my eyes hurt.

Helena is hawt though....

It's a great choice, yes?
Minimalism works, I guess.

Edit: Oh Jesus

The title is so growing on me with all those delicious coin gifs on the first page. Also, this is totally unrelated, but PGR2 and PGR4 are two of the best racers this industry has ever had the chance to play. Fuck what ya'll heard.

Edit #2: Some of you guys really hate glasses lol.

Malice215

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjRHfVh39Z8

I can't wait until ECT gets here. East coast tournaments are too hype. I can't wait to see everyone and watch the salty faces from people when they lose at Injustice.

You could replace Marvel 3 with a coin flip tournament and get the same hype, if not more.

It's been a week. Full playlist of that tournament Sako won.

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLPPGzqBq2gGPR2T0WQEaRuFopdnKTvK0k

Thank you.

Dahbomb

On the topic of Phoenix, yea the whole TAC trick screws her over particularly bad. Not many people even use it because Phoenix is not a common character in the meta.

Thing about Phoenix in the meta now is that since many players don't practice against her in a short set she can take games off you with either Dark Phoenix or regular Phoenix with XF3. People are slowly getting better at identifying and eliminating Dark Vergil early. Even if Phoenix is a redundant character you can't sleep on her or her team especially when nowadays people get 5 bars off one coin flip.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
tumblr_mma5k67gbS1r2jscro1_1280.jpg

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Side note: ECT's site and their SRK forum post is a mess. Frustrates me when people are trying to promote their event and they make it unintuitive to access information. Or some events have all the details.. Except for when it starts.

I just too my glasses off/wore contacts when I played sports. I was too hungry to compete when I was in high school/college for my bad eyes to get in my way.

Top Bottom