• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Tournament Weekend: Canada Cup & CPT Latin America Finals (10/28-11/02)

ScribbleD

I wouldn't go so far as saying fuck Smash. That's just needlessly disrespectful. This is on the TOs for not scheduling and formatting properly.

mbpm1

Does Canada Cup 2 channel really not record their broadcasts or are they behind a paywall

I kinda wanted to go back to their panel discussions but they're not there

I wouldn't go so far as saying fuck Smash. That's just needlessly disrespectful. This is on the TOs for not scheduling and formatting properly.

When does Smash ever end on time at a non-Smash focused event? Like 4 events out of a year? Every single TO doesn't know how to run Smash by now? Bullshit. The game takes forever, that's just the way it shakes out and any time you have to depend on Smash to end before waiting for another game it's guaranteed to run an hour longer than it should.

ScribbleD

When does Smash ever end on time at a non-Smash focused event? Like 4 events out of a year? Every single TO doesn't know how to run Smash by now? Bullshit. The game takes forever, that's just the way it shakes out and any time you have to depend on Smash to end before waiting for another game it's guaranteed to run an hour longer than it should.

No shit it takes forever. Everyone knows that INCLUDING TOs. You're making my point for me. They make the schedule and decide the format. Two Smashes back to back with full best of 5s is stupid. Again, no excuse to act like a whiny disrespectful cunt to a whole community and their game just because you're sad it takes a long time to run.

.la1n

There hasn't been a single tournament this year where Smash was there that I haven't had to miss Top 8 SF V on Sunday due to it starting at midnight or later on the east coast.

Get your shit together TOs, this isn't new.

ScribbleD

SF5 folks in the back being just as shitty as Melee players were at CEO boo'ing Guilty Gear cuz they wanted to hurry and start Melee. Bunch of children yelling about the game being stupid and shouting shit about PlayStation All Stars while Smash folks are trying to enjoy their game. Shitty all around.

Tripon

Smash takes a long time. Everyone knows that. Also, Smashers want Sunday Finals for all of their games, and they want 3/5. I'm surprised that Lapchi gave them both.

I just looked at the schedule Canada Cup had for Sunday. They were supposed to start 2pm EDT and go to 8pm EDT. That's 6 hours and plenty of time for both games to finish. That it'll take apparently another 2 hours and finish around 10pm EDT is just a failure on the TO.

mbpm1

I just looked at the schedule Canada Cup had for Sunday. They were supposed to start 2pm EDT and go to 8pm EDT. That's 6 hours and plenty of time for both games to finish. That it'll take apparently another 2 hours and finish around 10pm EDT is just a failure on the TO.

6 hours for BOTH smashes? 3 hours each? With the way smash runs they should have started at like 10 am til 8.

Dahbomb

No shit it takes forever. Everyone knows that INCLUDING TOs. You're making my point for me. They make the schedule and decide the format. Two Smashes back to back with full best of 5s is stupid. Again, no excuse to act like a whiny disrespectful cunt to a whole community and their game just because you're sad it takes a long time to run.

SF5 folks in the back being just as shitty as Melee players were at CEO boo'ing Guilty Gear cuz they wanted to hurry and start Melee. Bunch of children yelling about the game being stupid and shouting shit about PlayStation All Stars while Smash folks are trying to enjoy their game. Shitty all around.

Don't twist my words while acting like a childish prick.

I think you need to calm down a bit here and back off with the name calling before some action is taken.

Tripon

6 hours for BOTH smashes? 3 hours each? With the way smash runs they should have started at like 10 am til 8.
Honestly, the only way Sunday was going to run on time was if it wasn't played on the main stage. And that wasn't going to happen because Smashers would take it as a slight. Either Melee players or Smash 4 players.

Smash takes a long time. Everyone knows that. Also, Smashers want Sunday Finals for all of their games, and they want 3/5. I'm surprised that Lapchi gave them both.

They didn't start at 2 pm i don't think

Unlucky

How are they even gonna have an after party? What's the alcohol cutoff time in Canada? At this rate SFV won't be over til after midnight.

eggandI

Banned
I would have been mad if this were SF4

But it's SF5 so I don't mind if Smash runs late. I only want to see like two matches out of this SF5 top 8. Game is 😴

MrDaravon

Not sure why TOs still underestimate how long Smash runs. Not like the game is new

For real. The games take a million fucking years, but everyone on planet earth knows that at this point, so if a TO is going to run them they should plan appropriately.

At this point I'm just gonna crash and catch the top 8 via a RBK upload in the morning or something sadly, over an hour late at this point lol.

Don't they also play Shadowverse? I think I heard Fuudo mention that he got beat early in a Shadowverse tournament recently on one of the most recent BeasTV streams.

Annnnnd reset. Fuck Smash with a barb wire laced bat.

KuGsj.gif

Top Bottom