• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Tournament Weekend: Final Round XIX: Friends Among U.S.

I hope Sonic sticks with SF. The US scene could use another talent. Plus just the fact that he's a prodigy hypes up certain matches like we just saw. If he beats Daigo in tournament it would be the same as when Poongko bopped his ass. It's great for the scene.

Seriously though, that bracket was lopsided.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
I feel like FANG's idea of the continued poison damage doesn't really work. The game is too fast and he's not Dhalsim to keep opponents out all day.

silentQ

From watching most of this tournament today I feel personally Justin Wong is probably the best US Player, he gave the Japanese guys the biggest run for their money without question.

kitzkozan

I hope not. He lost because Tokido KNEW the matchup and did good ol'fashioned Tokido things. Doesn't mean that he should just drop the character.

Moreso than the character, he lost to a player who's way above him in terms of SF excellence. In term of skills, I honestly believe that Fox could hang with the 5 gods. It's just going to take time for him to hang with monsters like Tokido, Daigo or Infiltration.

Renekton

I feel like FANG's idea of the continued poison damage doesn't really work. The game is too fast and he's not Dhalsim to keep opponents out all day.
Not that SonicFox plays keepaway. Dude mixes in like he's playing Karin or something. Poison is just icing to him.

Top Bottom