• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Tournament Weekend: SoCal Regionals, Brazil Game Show, & Beasts of Madden!

vulva

Watching Xiaohai makes me so happy I didn't have any full on blow up rounds from him against me this year. Dude's a monster

Tripon

Not unless he was planning on meeting a friend at LAX.
True.

Guess I'm just annoyed that I thought this was another instance of people thinking flying into LAX will get you anywhere in SoCal.

I'm glad the real situation was different.

Finally saw the Totino's ad. It almost brought a tear to my eye. We've really made it guys haven't we? I think I'll have some of those Totino's Pizza rolls for Capcom Cup and tweet it to Capcom Fighters. Gotta show my support lol.

kirblar

Finally saw the Totino's ad. It almost brought a tear to my eye. We've really made it guys haven't we?
They're sponsoring HOTS too- they're doing a good job getting in on the up and coming scenes, which are likely much cheaper to advertise on as well.

peter0611

No one thought Mago was the best player in the world, James. Not even you. Stil gotta learn how to express yourself better on commentary.

Astarte

6ead754d6d4ef81609ddcb558168cf39.png

D'aw this stick is adorable. Reiketsu's a fan of High Score Girl? :v

WarRock

Is Pepeday seriously asking for the round thanks to Caju's pause when the Ultra hit? C'mon.

Hah, he can't ask for it according to CPT rules
c. Inevitable Defeat rule is in effect. This is defined as when a player has legally won the round or match (i.e. landed a move that will kill the opponent) but pauses the game before the game awards the round won icon, will still be awarded the win. The most common occurrence of this rule is when Player 1 lands a super on Player 2, but the super animation is a grab and the damage isnʼt awarded till the final hit connects, but the opponent has legally lost the round. If there is a dispute over whether the move would have knocked out the other player, a tournament official will unpause the match, see the result of the action, and proceed from there. If the attack does not kill the opponent, then the mid game pause rules are in effect.

I don't like the way Caju handled things at the end of that match, but I really wish Pepeday would just take the L and deal with it. I'm disappointed that he's going this far to try and stay in the tournament when the outcome was already determined regardless of the pause.

WarRock

I don't like the way Caju handled things at the end of that match, but I really wish Pepeday would just take the L and deal with it. I'm disappointed that he's going this far to try and stay in the tournament when the outcome was already determined regardless of the pause.

Kinda scumbaggy but rules are rules. We eSports now, can't be pausing games and run away with it
Check my edit, CPT actually has a rule for that. Caju takes it anyway.

crash-14

Pepeday just destroyed his reputation with the amount of salt showed trying to stay alive...
Always in the case that he was the one asking for the round.

Did Caju only pause or did he pause and ran off celebrating? The latter would have been a really disrespectful move if he did that. But regardless I'm disappointed in Pepeday's decision making but I hope the Brazilians don't shun him or something like that over this.

EDIT: Looks like they're all cool again. The Brazilians forgive him or aren't being too harsh on him for doing whatever it took to stay in the tournament.

Pepeday just destroyed his reputation with the amount of salt showed trying to stay alive...

I think that's going overboard. This is definitely a black eye but it wasn't that bad. People will forgive and still root for him. It's not like he threw a punch or stole.

WarRock

Is this one of the "I'm a expert" posts?

He seemed pretty chill after they explained the rules were against him. And it's not like he was going 0-2.

Did Caju only pause or did he pause and ran off celebrating? The latter would have been a really disrespectful move if he did that. But regardless I'm disappointed in Pepeday's decision making but I hope the Brazilians don't shun him or something like that over this.
The latter. And nah, brazilians just cheered for Pepeday now that everything was resolved.

crash-14

I missed the thing. But it seems it was disrespectful act by Caju. Guess I'll check rKappa.

peter0611

GJ Nando... I hope you don't have to face Snake later in the tournament. Better for you to lose to someone else instead of eating that revenge SPD >_>

Top Bottom