• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Tournament Weekend: West Coast Warzone, Daigo Cosplay Tournament, SFV Crash

Xeteh

Dang that don't seem like very smart planning. Oh, well if it allows me to catch more of the top 8 I can't say I mind :p

Yeah, it was a really weird choice. Not really sure why they did it but it gave me time to do other shit between Marvel and SFV.

Tripon

Every game at WCW got a Continue tournament. It allows people who go 0-2 to potentially play people their own skill level.

Xeteh

Every game at WCW got a Continue tournament. It allows people who go 0-2 to potentially play people their own skill level.

I don't get what that entails. I'd imagine most of the people who go 0-2 aren't really going to make it too far otherwise.

I don't get what that entails. I'd imagine most of the people who go 0-2 aren't really going to make it too far otherwise.

They take all the people who got 0-2 during the tournament in a completely different tournament with other players who went 0-2 whats not to get about it.

Xeteh

Really its not a hard concept to get man.

I don't get the purpose of it. If they went 0-2 then why would they do better with another chance? I'm someone that would show up at WCW and get 0-2... if I played a third match I'd end up 0-3 and waste everybody's time.

I don't get the purpose of it. If they went 0-2 then why would they do better with another chance? I'm someone that would show up at WCW and get 0-2... if I played a third match I'd end up 0-3 and waste everybody's time.

You're over thinking it man. Its not that serious.

Vice

It's just a fun event so that people who go 0-2 get something a little extra. If you win it's like saying "Yeah, I sucked but, I got better." It's an incentive to have weaker players get their feet wet with a tournament,wnd oay the $50 tournament fee ather than the $10 spectator fee, since the worst know they'll get to llay other new/weak players.

El Sloth

Banned
Bro, it's with other people who also did just as bad you. The thought is not only do you get another chance to play, but it's also against people who are more likely to be closer to you in skill making for potentially matches that are more fun to play. Of course there's a chance to go 0-2 again, but someone has to. It's all about the way you internalize the losses too. Do you take this as a motivator to get better? To learn something about your own play?

And remember people travel out to events. This way if, say, someone flies out from Chicago all the way to SoCal then they go 0-2 at least they have the chance to still perform better in the separate tournament.

Xeteh

Bro, it's with other people who also did just as bad you. The thought is not only do you get another chance to play, but it's also against people who are more likely to be closer to you in skill making for potentially matches that are more fun to play. Of course there's a chance to go 0-2 again, but someone has to. It's all about the way you internalize the losses too. Do you take this as a motivator to get better? To learn something about your own play?

And remember people travel out to events. This way if, say, someone flies out from Chicago all the way to SoCal then they go 0-2 at least they have the chance to still perform better in a separate tournament.

I get it now. I'm dumb.

:(

Top Bottom