• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Tournaments Weekend: Let's KO Fighting Love!

Basically if the event is not friendly to US time zones then it doesn't have a shot at hitting a big number. That's why I think SCR will hit at least 70k, maybe even give CEO a run for its money for most this year by a CPT event(excluding EVO).

Tripon

Xian might be the only one to win three premier events this year. He is the only who already won a premier event in CPT Asia finals. And I doubt Momochi and Daigo will try to get into CPT Asia finals.

Xian might be the only one to win three premier events this year. He is the only who already won a premier event in CPT Asia finals. And I doubt Momochi and Daigo will try to get into CPT Asia finals.

Seems like Daigo is taking a break. He didn't go to Kuwait and he's not in the 2nd Japanese Premier (money on line). It's kind of strange that the entire MCZ team isn't competing in both of those tournaments though. Especially Mago who goes to many arcade tournaments. There is no reason for him not to enter.

crash-14

If gonzalez wins de tournament, we have another fucking seth in the verge to get to Capcom Cup (Poongko, Dashio, Problem X).

wait a minute, it was theoretically possible for someone to attend all 3 CPT events this week provided they qualified in advance for EGX wasn't it

lol

crash-14

Problem X 4th give him 166 points. Not much but 16 points always can help.

Phenom gets 32 points to reach 69. Probably has lost his chance to get to capcom cup (Not many tournaments he can show and place top 3 imo). Bison's damage output it's a big handicap... Specially against characters like Seth and Abel.

Gonzalez, who had 20 points, now enters top 32 with 84 points.

Shiro might be in capcom cup (177 points) right now 22th.

Will see what happens at EGX. Another big premier event. Don't know if Problem X and Pro Fluke will go back to UK in order to play the tournament. Today was the last chance qualifier, won by Valmaster against Luffy (They're both qualified along with Cuongster, Will2pac, Ryan hart and 5 more players).

At the moment biggest winner it's Shiro."Losers" are Phenom and Latif (

Tripon

Will see what happens at EGX. Another big premier event. Don't know if Problem X and Pro Fluke will go back to UK in order to play the tournament. Today was the last chance qualifier, won by Valmaster against Luffy (They're both qualified along with Cuongster, Will2pac, Ryan hart and 5 more players).

At the moment biggest winner it's Shiro."Losers" are Phenom and Latif (

I thiiink they said on stream Pro Fluke, Problem X, Phenom and Veggey were all heading over for EGX. Guess we'll see tomorrows.

With 177 points, he's 22nd right now and he's ensured a spot at Capcom Cup via points.

Ah, i see.

crash-14

I thiiink they said on stream Pro Fluke, Problem X, Phenom and Veggey were all heading over for EGX. Guess we'll see tomorrows.

Ah, i see.

Problem X and Pro Fluke probably. But Phenom and Veggey I'm quite sure aren't Qualified for the "EGX Finals". Today was the last chance qualifier.

Anyway, it's going to be a good tournament. I really want Valmaster to win (And Ryan Hart place 2-3).

At the moment the only europeans in for CPT Finals are Luffy and Problem X.

crash-14

So

Luffy
Problem X
Valmaster
Ryan Hart
Phenom
Gonzales
Cuongster
Andreas
Infexious
ISDD
Tyrant
Hurricane
Affi
RMZ
Pro Fluke
Will2Pac

It's going to be a great tournament

Tripon

Kbrad skipping KO Fighting for Absolute Battle is some weak sauce. He knows he's not going to Capcom Cup, so he's not even trying

CurlyW

So, did they explain why MKX Top 8 was Best 5 out of 9 at AB6?

Edit: And apparently Marvel Top 16 is too, da fuq?

.la1n

So, did they explain why MKX Top 8 was Best 5 out of 9 at AB6?

Edit: And apparently Marvel Top 16 is too, da fuq?

The hell? Seriously?

I know some of the MK X tournament players have been banging the drums for 3 out of 5 but 5 out of 9? That's a TO logistics nightmare and terrible for viewers to boot.

Even with a game as fast paced as Marvel I get bored to tears at 3 out of 5. Especially this late in the games life.

The hell? Seriously?

I know some of the MK X tournament players have been banging the drums for 3 out of 5 but 5 out of 9? That's a TO logistics nightmare and terrible for viewers to boot.

Even with a game as fast paced as Marvel I get bored to tears at 3 out of 5. Especially this late in the games life.

marvel should go back to 2 out of 3

Top Bottom