• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy 15 - Windows Version Trailer (PC)

I have never played a final fantasy game in my life. It's one of my dark gaming secrets. As a PC gamer, this might be my first one.

theofficefan99

With mods you will get that wish.

Pretty sure we'll get at least a new cutscene or two with old Noct... Eventually... When this supposed expansion and these supposed story updates are announced...

I have never played a final fantasy game in my life. It's one of my dark gaming secrets. As a PC gamer, this might be my first one.

If you're a fan of open world games, it can be an entertaining time killer. Just don't expect much depth in any area, really (especially with the side quests). At least in the current state the game is in. And in my opinion the battle system is way too unbalanced, camera and lock on are way too horrid, and the tedium of traversal is too much for me to even enjoy it as a time killer. Though I'm expecting the PC version to have some, or most, gameplay issues rectified.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
Nope.gif

He is a handsome mofo.

C7Cl3trW0AAItBK.jpg
I mean that's literally the only costume made with his head model in mind besides the suit.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Regarding the 170GB free space recommendation:

That likely pertains to the WinStore version as there's no support for alternative language data as optional downloads.

As an example, there's an ~18GB difference between the WinStore and Steam versions of Infinite Warfare.

TheEndOfItAll

Neo Member
I will probably double-dip on this, if for no other reason than my disc for this somehow got scratched and the Pro is no longer able to read it.

Will probably need to upgrade past my 6950, eh?

Bl@de

Lots of great technology and great image quality. Will definetly put this on my Steam Wishlist. Looks like a perfect match to really stress the 1080 Ti in 1440p and beyond. Hope that they will include decent anti-aliasing options.

EDIT: AND -> Proper Mouse and Keyboard controls and optimization of the UI!

fersnake

It's really nice that's comming to pc but... been a nvidia gameworks kinda sucks as a radeon user lets hope turning everything on dont give us a big hit on performance and without counting the overall optimization of the game.

Mechazawa

I didn't consume every piece of FFXV media, but it's curious that this is the first time I've heard that rendition of the Final Fantasy theme. It's ridiculously good.

You would think they would have shoved it in more of the previous trailers.

FF15 is pretty fantastic. Second best FF game IMO after FF12.

If you didn't play a FF game yet... I would compare FF15 to Dragon Age 3. Huge open world, lots of stuff to discover and do. However it gets SUPER LINEAR (corridors!!!) after mid-game so be warned.

Ruff

What better way to prevent pirates than just making the game bigger than 90% of America's data cap lol.

Eh, don't know if I can double dip on this. I kinda' enjoyed it (on my Pro) but it also left me a tad disappointed. Looks pretty, though mot amazingly so. Maybe.

Daeoc

It's really nice that's comming to pc but... been a nvidia gameworks kinda sucks as a radeon user lets hope turning everything on dont give us a big hit on performance and without counting the overall optimization of the game.

I'm already prepared to uncheck that whole section.

Anything about this game supporting Dolby Vision or at least "HDR"?

HDR10 is confirmed

"In addition to all that GameWorks-powered graphical goodness, Square Enix is cranking up texture quality levels to 4K, supporting 8K gameplay resolutions out of the box, integrating HDR10 for superior brightness, color and contrast on compatible TVs and G-SYNC HDR monitors, implementing Dolby Atmos for superior audio, and adding a first-person gameplay option.

https://www.geforce.com/whats-new/articles/final-fantasy-xv-windows-edition-4k-trailer-nvidia-gameworks-enhancements

Mxrz

Yay finally .. . wait, 170 is real? Good grief.

There has to be a physical edition. Thats a 42 hour download for me.

Windows store and Origin? Not really sure which one is worse here. So many proprietary Nvidia features too.

The PC port does look visually nice, however. But it is a shame that FFXV doesn't really appeal to me at all.

ArjanN

This is XIII all over again, with time after the aftertaste finally kicks in, more negative opinions will arise.

The game is divisive to say at least.

Nah, XIII is generally just considered kinda bad, and the reaction to that seemed more mixed right off the bat. 15 is still divisive, but I think generally will be appreciated a lot more than 13 in hindsight.

Joey Ravn

Banned
Windows store and Origin? Not really sure which one is worse here. So many proprietary Nvidia features too.

The PC port does look visually nice, however. But it is a shame that FFXV doesn't really appeal to me at all.

It's on Steam, so why having more option to buy your games from is such a bad idea?

Durante

Some of these features will cause a big performance hit for everyone, both NV and AMD users.

And that's fine, they are expensive (in terms of performance) features.

It's on Steam, so why having more option to buy your games from is such a bad idea?

I never said that more buying options are a bad idea. UMP still sucks, and it is rare to see new third party games show up on Origin. Though to be honest, the Origin client is not so bad.

ISee

The recent multiplayer beta had nice-ass hair that was different from the main game and that runs fine on consoles already:

6a70fjd.gif

mHUAsYz.gif

Though they should tone down the hair physics while walking slowly a bit; it's moving too much currently.

What exactly am I seeing here? And where can I buy it?

Famassu

Oh, I'm aware.
My point still stands though. Recommended settings are not the issue here, developer, looking at their previous output, most definitely is.
To be fair, Crystal Tools were shit. From how I understand it, Luminous is something that has already been made with at least some condieration to using it for PC games and FFXV itself was said to have been made for a high end PC first and then optimized to work on PS4 & Xbone.

Considering they've been showing actual PC builds that run smoothly for a long time now, I wouldn't be too worried if one has a decent enough PC.

SoulUnison

Banned
I'll be getting this almost solely so I don't have to subscribe to PS+ to play Comrades.

I hate paid online on consoles.
I get maybe a half-dozen hours a month to play multiplayer console games and I have to pay $15 for the privilege?

You should really be able to buy time that you use up as you play and that doesn't expire.

Top Bottom