• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy 5 Four Job Fiesta 2013: 750 woo!

Aeana

I'd really love to see a version of this for FFVI. Maybe you can only use certain espers or something.

I realize FFV is perfectly suited to this kind of contest but I like VI more :V

Sounds like you just need to play 5 more. Eventually you'll realize it's the best one.

Emitan

Seriously, this. I liked FF V, if not as much as II/IV and III/VI (I have an irrational love for IV that even the After Years can't shake). But since playing through a bunch more times for the Fiesta, I've come to really love it.

I always stop somewhere after you fight that boss that sucks people towards it. I don't know why.

Link Man

Banned
No arguments there. I'll throw whatever !equip I have available until you get something just too good to pass up.

Monks and Red Mages are basically the only two classes that start good and end not so good, though Red Mages can be saved of course if you have another magic school that can be used with dualcast, that's all I'm really saying.

Watch me get Monk again multiple times this year for all the dissing, I still love this class but man I wouldn't mind not getting them ever again.

A Red Mage with !Black is pretty good, too, especially once you get the Enhancer. Kind of like playing as Lina Inverse.

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
I'd really love to see a version of this for FFVI. Maybe you can only use certain espers or something.

I realize FFV is perfectly suited to this kind of contest but I like VI more :V

The only real fun run of VI is a no-esper run, but this is neither here nor there!

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Awww yissss.

2012 - Thief, Blue Mage, Blue Mage, Bard (Hard Mode)
2011 - Monk, Mystic Knight, Ranger, Dragoon
2010 - Black Mage, Summoner, Geomancer, Dancer

Amazingly I've never had a repeat from a previous year with the only repeats at all being last year's doubled up Blue Mages. And no Berserkers! Or Beastmasters for that matter!

I still have had at least one "waste" job every year with Geomancer (although I kind of liked how versatile my Geo was, especially with black magic and summons available), Dragoon, and Thief, though.

My runs from the past year

2012 (Normal)

Blue Mage
Mystic Knight
Geomancer
Dancer

2012 (Hard)

Knight
Blue Mage
Summoner
Ranger

My "hard" run was more or less a joke, though I feel any run where you get a blue mage pretty much ends up being easy mode... unless you got berserkers. I learned to appreciate dancers or at least the dance skill.

The one thing that kind of annoys me about this challenge and it's not RK's fault is that a lot of the more interesting classes that could shake up a play style come from the last two crystals IE Ranger, Beast Master, Bard, Dancer, Dragoon, Samurai, and Geomancer. I kind of wish some kind of challenge that enabled you to get any job from any crystal even as early as the wind crystal with the rule being that if you got a later job you were stuck with bare until you got to the crystal in question.

Basically I just want to get either a Samurai or Dragoon this year lol. Before anyone says "you forgot chemist/ninja" both of those classes pretty much break any semblance of challenge the games has.

Why would you want a Dragoon, they are so bad.

Fun

Also they've always been one of my favorite FF classes, unlike some people here I really like the jump skill. It's like having a berserker who doesn't get hit half the time and can throw out items if need be.

Emitan

NVmyhEg.jpg

Is Galuf wearing a hoodie? Also good lord why does this game have free movement!?

Toth

And here we go! I wonder if Reverend can give us a option to reselect if we get the same characters as last year. Part of the gun of the challenge is trying new setups and I hate to play the game again with the same setup.

Emitan

It's better that way, with the onscreen dpad. Trying to do tile movement with one of those things is a nightmare.

I guess that's true. But it feels "cheap" somehow to be using free movement in a game I know is designed around tiles.

It's better that way, with the onscreen dpad. Trying to do tile movement with one of those things is a nightmare.

I don't recall having much issues with FFD after I set the dpad to be stationary on the screen. The one that appears wherever you touch and then slide in the direction you want to move is garbage dunno why that's the default setting.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
The only real fun run of VI is a no-esper run, but this is neither here nor there!

FF12:I:ZJS lends itself more toward this than anything, I wager? Unless you did FFT but FFT has class requirements where 12 has the license/job-boards from the get-go and once you pick your chosen class/zodiac you can't change the board.

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
FF12:I:ZJS lends itself more toward this than anything, I wager? Unless you did FFT but FFT has class requirements where 12 has the license/job-boards from the get-go and once you pick your chosen class/zodiac you can't change the board.

Never played ZJS so I dunno. $5000 and I will, though.

And Tactics has yes, the requirements to unlock and the game is just too good
to pass on and play any other game that is actually fun.

TheSeks

Quick, someone get Notch on the line to drop $5K!

3 could also be used since it has the job system but 3 is terrible and bad
and since you stick with one class a lot of grinding to 99 each of those classes can break the game I wager?

I can't recall any FF besides 3/5/12 and the Tactics series to have the job system, not counting the MMO's/11 and 14.

Aeana

Quick, someone get Notch on the line to drop $5K!

3 could also be used since it has the job system but 3 is terrible and bad
and since you stick with one class a lot of grinding to 99 each of those classes can break the game I wager?

I can't recall any FF besides 3/5/12 and the Tactics series to have the job system, not counting the MMO's/11 and 14.

10-2.

Also, I assume you're talking about the remake of 3, since the original is brilliant.

TheSeks

I haven't played the NES 3, but if it's like the DS 3 it's horrible. No where as bad as 2 but terrible.

Oh, right, 10-2 could work but you don't get the classes from the get-go. Have to have some rule about sticking with the chosen job and something before you unlock that job?

I haven't played the NES 3, but if it's like the DS 3 it's horrible. No where as bad as 2 but terrible.

Oh, right, 10-2 could work but you don't get the classes from the get-go. Have to have some rule about sticking with the chosen job and something before you unlock that job?

FF3 DS was a "wtf were they thinking" remaking, seriously play the NES version

walei

Natural and Random can be played. You just give Butz whatever is in your Wind slot, Lena whatever is in the Water slot and so on.

Sorry for me being daft here...

Normal is you get one job for each crystal for sure, and Random is you get job out of all the currently unlocked jobs correct (e.g. after water crystal your second job can still be a wind job)?

So under Random and Natural:

After Wind crystal: Gilgabot unlocks Knight (for Bartz)
After Water crystal: Gilgabot likes wind so much he rolled a Thief, so Lenna/Faris/Galuf all stay as Freelancer.
After Fire crystal: Gilgabot unlocks White Mage. Again, L/F/G all stay as Freelancer.
After Earth crystal: Gilgabot again unlocks another wind job Black mage.

In this case, only Bartz can change jobs and the rest must stay as freelancers?

What am I missing help me out here!

MGrant

This will be a lot of fun to do again; I haven't participated since 2010. My classes then were Knight, Mystic Knight, Samurai, and Geomancer. Not too hard that time, I'll probably try a random run this time.

Heropon

Sorry for me being daft here...

Normal is you get one job for each crystal for sure, and Random is you get job out of all the currently unlocked jobs correct (e.g. after water crystal your second job can still be a wind job)?

So under Random and Natural:

After Wind crystal: Gilgabot unlocks Knight (for Bartz)
After Water crystal: Gilgabot likes wind so much he rolled a Thief, so Lenna/Faris/Galuf all stay as Freelancer.
After Fire crystal: Gilgabot unlocks White Mage. Again, L/F/G all stay as Freelancer.
After Earth crystal: Gilgabot again unlocks another wind job Black mage.

In this case, only Bartz can change jobs and the rest must stay as freelancers?

What am I missing help me out here!

The first job goes to Bartz, the second job goes to Lenna (it doesn't matter if Gilgabot rolls one of the Wind crystal jobs), the third job goes to Faris and the fourth to Galuf.

After Wind crystal: Gilgabot gives a wind crystal job to Bartz.
After Water crystal: Gilgabot gives a wind or water crystal job to Lenna.
After Fire crystal: Gilgabot gives to Faris a non Earth crystal job.
After Earth crystal: Gilgabot gives Galuf another job.

walei

The first job goes to Bartz, the second job goes to Lenna (it doesn't matter if Gilgabot rolls one of the Wind crystal jobs), the third job goes to Faris and the fourth to Galuf.

After Wind crystal: Gilgabot gives a wind crystal job to Bartz.
After Water crystal: Gilgabot gives a wind or water crystal job to Lenna.
After Fire crystal: Gilgabot gives to Faris a non Earth crystal job.
After Earth crystal: Gilgabot gives Galuf another job.

Ohhh okay I was confused with this and didn't understand it till now

2. If you are playing a mode other than Normal you simply assign the job listed in that slot on the players page for your job.

@ff5forfutures #reg #natural #BERSERKERRISK for me it is!

RevenantKioku

Lots of awesome donations coming in but most are forgetting to tie it to a vote. Just because you want it to go towards people getting Berserkers does not mean you cannot tie it to a vote!
http://fourjobfiesta.com/rkrun.php

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Lots of awesome donations coming in but most are forgetting to tie it to a vote. Just because you want it to go towards people getting Berserkers does not mean you cannot tie it to a vote!
http://fourjobfiesta.com/rkrun.php

Damn you guys are getting a lot of donations pretty quickly. Will jobs with negative counts not be used at all? We could get rid of all the berserkers? :D

zashga

Hooray, been looking forward to this again. Signed up for natural mode; hope Galuf likes being a freelancer forever.

demidar

Damn you guys are getting a lot of donations pretty quickly. Will jobs with negative counts not be used at all? We could get rid of all the berserkers? :D

wat

The point of charity is to make people suffer for a good cause. If anything, we need more berserkers.

That is just for RKs run. Rest assured, the rest of us will get our fair share of berserker-age.

I hope I get some form of magic this year, either healing or attacking. last year I was purely physical. hoping that the Gilgagods don't give me Berserker again just because I did it last year and there really isn't anything to it. The class is fine but the strategy is nonexistent. I'm cheering for Blue Mage or Mystic Knight, I think.

watch me get four mages now

Man God

Non-Canon Member
There's probably more strategy involved with the Berserker than every other class combined. Try a solo Berserker run if you don't believe me.

demidar

I've never understood why Berserkers are so hated because I never used them. Is it because they have shitty hit rates and low defense?

Top Bottom