• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy 5 Four Job Fiesta 2015: It's beginning to look a lot like chaos!

SkyOdin

Okay, I've unlocked my Water and Fire jobs for this Chaos run: Ranger and Samurai. So my team is currently Bard, Ranger, and Samurai. It is a great team, when I will actually get a chance to use any of these Jobs. This long stretch of Freelancing will have to continue for another dungeon I guess. Chaos allows for some really cool teams, but it has a good shot at turning World 1 into an extended prologue.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Okay, I've unlocked my Water and Fire jobs for this Chaos run: Ranger and Samurai. So my team is currently Bard, Ranger, and Samurai. It is a great team, when I will actually get a chance to use any of these Jobs. This long stretch of Freelancing will have to continue for another dungeon I guess. Chaos allows for some really cool teams, but it has a good shot at turning World 1 into an extended prologue.

I think it would be fun to use a hack to have all the jobs available at the start and do chaos, not sure if RK would be cool with that for the fiesta though.

Some of this was from a while back, so I might be misremembering some of my earlier strategies.

Anyways, Drakenvale, where the Bard rules and Dragon Fangs are plentiful. Requiem took care of the undead, and as for Dragon Pod, Alluring Air kept the flowers distracted, so it never got an attack off. Next up was the fleet, where I took out Enkidu with a Death Claw, and Gilgamesh with Bio. In the Barrier Tower, I decided to grind out some Reflect Rings; it took a bit of time, but I was able to get two of them within a short window. The Barrier Tower was also good to my Blue Mages, as I got Time Slip from Traveler, Lv. 4 Graviga from Level Tricker, and Off-Guard from the Ziggurat Gigas. Atomos was a piece of cake: Dark Spark and Lv. 5 Death. It wasn't even able to kill one of my characters.

From there, we set off for Ghido's cave, where I was able to learn Aeroga from one of the Metamorphs. After that, I went to Moore, grinded the Dechirers a bit, and went into the Forest. The Forest was pretty simple with Bard Confusing/Stopping every mob, and I was able to get the Lilliputian Lyric from the Mini Mage. I decided to grab the Aegis Shield for my Blue Mage, as I decided that 3 Flame Rings and a Reflect Ring would be a good enough equipment strategy, due to being able to heal and attack at the same time. For the Crystals, my strategy was simple: Get the Fire Crystal down to critical health, then go after the others, trying to take them out before they cast their respective super-spells. With three Fire Rings and a Reflect Ring, the Fire Crystal did quite a bit of the work for me, fully healing my team while attacking one of the other crystals. Aeroga, of course, did most of the work, along with Firaga/Flamethrower on the Wind Crystal.

During Galuf's
last stand
, he was still decked out from the Crystals fight, so with a Reflect Ring and Aegis Shield, Exdeath ended up doing more damage to himself than to Galuf. In fact, the only two moves that reduced Galuf's HP to 0 were Vacuum Wave and Meteor, and Galuf was able to bounce back even from that thanks to Vampire.

Now I'm in Exdeath's Castle, where I've already learned Lv. 2 Old from the Magic Dragon-Reflect Mage mob. It came in handy in the fight against Gilgamesh, as it reduced his offense to almost nothing. I also fought Carbuncle for no particular reason, one Death Claw during his Healing phase, and the battle was finished after a quick attack. Unfortunately, at this point, I may need to grind a few levels with the Dechirers over at Moore, as I really want to get Lv. 3 Flare from Exdeath.

gblues

Banned
It's been awhile since I updated, but Team Squishy shines onward towards ExDeath.

My team's around level 30, with nobody over 1K HP. I'm considering doing some grinding, but since i have a chemist and enough elixirs, I'm thinking I can probably survive Almagest if I use the "double HP" mix.

My team: Red Mage, Black Mage, Chemist, and Geomancer

Everyone has BM/Geo/chemist mastered, and 2 have RM mastered as well.

I'm not quite sure about my overall strategy. It's been awhile since I fought NeoExDeath. I'm thinking something like:

1. Put Mix on everyone except the Black Mage, who gets Dual Cast
2. Get the "double HP" mix in place on everyone ASAP
3. Followed by the "Protect+Shell" mix
4. My BM, equipped with Magus Rod and buffed with the "+20 levels" mix is going to be my primary damage dealer
5. abuse other mixes (i.e. MP full restore, HP full restore) to keep HP/'MP up

My main questions:

- Does the "+20 levels" mix stack? I.e. use the mix 2x to get +40 level boost?
- Does the "double HP" mix survive KO? Or is someone who gets KO'd going to revert back to standard HP?
- Any other strategy tips?

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
With three mixers I'd probably hold off on attacking Exdeath to start and focus on buffing.

- Dragon's Kiss across the board to start (stops white hole)

- One mixer does dragon defense
- One mixer does Hasty-ade
- Last mixer does Goliath Tonic

Once that is done you can start piling Dragon Powers on the Black Mage and she can start slamming Exdeath with magic. Keep piling on Dragon Powers even if you are hitting 9999 that way you can get to the point you hit max damage even while MT'd on Neo Exdeath. With dual cast you should effectively be dealing 20000 damage per turn to every part of Neo, which will kill three out of four in three turns. The last one is the back part, which you can use the magic lamp to kill instead of letting it survive alone for an extra turn (Buhamut + Leviathan will probably be enough since that should deal over 5000 damage, so the back would die at the same time as the rest).

Edit:
Forgot to mention casting Break on the Almagest portion. Normally it's a crapshoot and only works like 15% of the time, but with levels hugely boosted it should be pretty doable.

Base magic evasion is 80%, so your maximum hit rate for Break is 20% (level 92 or higher). I don't think it's worth it with a Chemist + Black combo.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Maybe I'm thinking of Life Shield then, I used one of them and White Hole never worked. Thought it was Dragon's Kiss though.

Either way, start with that. It's annoying having to do two-part revivals in the middle of your buffing phase.

(Edit: Looking back, it appears it was Life Shield and not Dragon's Kiss)

Also, assuming it takes you 3 turns to kill Exdeath while buffing with Dragon Power, that should be 60 * 3 +30, so level 210 before you even start against Neo Exdeath, so one more round of levels would max you out at 255. May not work out that neatly depending on the turn order though.

SkyOdin

It's been awhile since I updated, but Team Squishy shines onward towards ExDeath.
- Any other strategy tips?

Well, I think having Mix on three characters is overkill. You only really need two maximum. Putting every buff on every character is somewhat overkill. Since the Chemist and Mix gives you great recovery power, you have plenty of room to bounce back in case something does go wrong. I would build your team more offensively: give !Black to the Geomancer to take advantage of its massive magic attack. You can use a quick Holy Water + Eyedrops mix on the Geomancer to give him/her all of the benefits of the Magus Rod too.

If you happen to have an Angel Ring or four, equipping those can reduce how many mixes you need to do. Running Shoes can be a big help too.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Do we know who's completed the most runs this year?

I just rolled a Mystic Knight/Berserker/Geo/Geo party. Fun times ahead!

I did 5, and I know one guy here did more than that.

That would be another thing for RK to add, have the number of finished runs in parenthesis on the player list beside the name.

30 seconds. That's how long it took me to beat World 2 Exdeath after I began a full assault. I started off the battle by casting Lv. 2 Old, Mighty March, and Swift Song. My aim was to wait until he cast Lv. 3 Flare before attacking in earnest, and though it took a while, the Old status reduced him to Level 1, where even the dreaded Vacuum Wave only caused single-digit damage. Eventually, he cast Lv. 3 Flare, which hit my Blue Mage (as planned), then, by a pure stroke of luck, he cast Doom on my Blue Mage too.

That's how I know it took less than 30 seconds, because there were less than 6 seconds left on the timer when I beat him. A barrage of boosted Aerogas and boosted Firagas sent Exdeath sailing through the first phase; he only used one attack in the second phase (weak physical, then Firaga on one of my Flame Ring characters), and he didn't even get a chance to attack in the third phase. Bada boom, learned Lv. 3 Flare and Doom. Probably the easiest W2 Exdeath fight I've ever had, thanks to Blue Magic and my Bard's buffs.

(I beat him even faster the first time I faced him. I started off casting Lv. 2 Old, then I decided to Libra him after a bit, noticed that he was Level 55 due to the Old status, and immediately cast Lv. 5 Death. I reset the game, because I really wanted Lv. 3 Flare)

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Does the Monk's HP+30% ability transfer over to Freelancer/Mimic as an innate ability or do you have to equip it to one of the ability slots in order to get the boost?

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Does the Monk's HP+30% ability transfer over to Freelancer/Mimic as an innate ability or do you have to equip it to one of the ability slots in order to get the boost?

You have to equip it, the innate ability from Monk is counter.

You do get the Monk's strength and stamina on the freelancer/mime though, both of which are the highest in the game*, and your character's base stamina does determine HP. So even if you don't use any of the Monk's abilities, their strength + stamina(HP) + innate counter makes them a good choice to master for a physical fighter.

(*possibly excluding GBA/mobile exclusive jobs, I've never touched those and don't know anything about them)

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
You have to equip it, the innate ability from Monk is counter.

You do get the Monk's strength and stamina on the freelancer/mime though, both of which are the highest in the game, and your character's base stamina does determine HP. So even if you don't use any of the Monk's abilities, their strength + stamina(HP) + innate counter makes them a good choice to master for a physical fighter.

I take it the Black Mage's MP+30% isn't an innate ability either? :/

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Right. You can tell which abilities are innate by paying attention to what each job's innate abilities are. They basically carry over 1:1 with the (fortunate) exception of Berserk.

Interesting. I suppose I'll have to look up a list of what innate abilities each job has.

graywords

Finally getting started on this, had a lot of fun my first year (2014). Chaos sounded interesting this time, so I went with that.

Got Ninja right off the bat. Got to the Water crystal, and bam, another Ninja. :/ Managed to Freelance my way up to the Fire crystal, where I rolled a Dragoon... then I slowly Ninja magicked my way through to Earth crystal.

Chaos has spoken, and my final tally is:

Ninja/Ninja/Dragoon/Dragoon

Joy of joys. No idea what the rest of the game is going to be like, honestly...

AxelRyman

Neo Member
Ninja/Ninja/Dragoon/Dragoon

Joy of joys. No idea what the rest of the game is going to be like, honestly...

Give Jump to both your Ninjas, give Dual-Wield to both your Dragoons.

Put everyone in the back row

Jump Jump Jump Jump Jump Jump Jump Jump Jump Jump Jump Jump

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
I hate getting doubles, makes things less interesting. But yeah, you should have no trouble beating the game at least.

Ninja+Dragoon also beats Shinryu. Slightly reliant on luck, but it's not too bad.

Throw will also be useful for elemental damage, and to fill Neo Exdeath up with Fumas.

graywords

Give Jump to both your Ninjas, give Dual-Wield to both your Dragoons.

Put everyone in the back row

Jump Jump Jump Jump Jump Jump Jump Jump Jump Jump Jump Jump

Ninja+Dragoon also beats Shinryu. Slightly reliant on luck, but it's not too bad.

Throw will also be useful for elemental damage, and to fill Neo Exdeath up with Fumas.

Thanks for the tips, guys. Gotta love bouncy ninjas.

I'm at the end of World 1 - would it be wise to save up for 3 Flame Rings, or is that unnecessary?

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Thanks for the tips, guys. Gotta love bouncy ninjas.

I'm at the end of World 1 - would it be wise to save up for 3 Flame Rings, or is that unnecessary?

I don't think it's worth it unless you have some self-healing method with them, those jobs won't (too bad you can't throw Flame Scrolls at yourself). Red Dragons and the Crystal battle are the only things off the top of my head where flame rings are particularly useful, but you could easily get through the game without fighting a Red Dragon, and there are alternatives to using them for the crystals.

You will need one Flame Ring if you choose to tackle Shinryu with that party, but that is the very end of the game so no need to grind for it now.

AxelRyman

Neo Member
I'd say get 1 Flame Ring to make up for Bone Mail's Fire weakness. You'll want Bone Mail for it's useful defense for the downtime any of your characters will have.

Also you can just run 4 Hermes Sandals for Shinryu since you can just spam Jump on him. Though to be honest you should grab some Dragon Lances for that...which will be annoying to get. But if you're on GBA you could try your luck with stealing it on the Grand Cross part. Though you'll be fine with using anything that isn't the Holy Lance

God, finally...

Ptxtnjl.jpg

To call the thief utterly useless would be an understatement. I couldn't even dent Omega and didn't bother to try Shinryu. Going to go for a Chaos run now, but on mobile, see if I get luckier.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
God, finally...

To call the thief utterly useless would be an understatement. I couldn't even dent Omega and didn't bother to try Shinryu. Going to go for a Chaos run now, but on mobile, see if I get luckier.

Shinryu shouldn't have been too difficult, Dragoon with !Image (and ideally a Dragon Lance, stolen from a Jura Aevis) beats it with a little luck.

And Time Mage should have made Thief pretty nice to have around for stealing. Return makes it easier to get rare steals, especially those from bosses. Never getting a back attack and having !Flee is also really nice, but you had !Smoke so flee was redundant.

And Time Mage should have made Thief pretty nice to have around for stealing. Return makes it easier to get rare steals, especially those from bosses. Never getting a back attack and having !Flee is also really nice, but you had !Smoke so flee was redundant.

Thief was pretty awesome in getting items and good weapons, but it was usually one-shot by most enemies in the end, so I had to get it to the back row.

tsundoku

God, finally...

But you have 4x Image, dragon lances, and wonder wand berserk for shinryu,
and quick + break a poison rod on a reflected characted to hp.leak omega then just wait on the other quickturn to roboslay

x.x

But you have 4x Image, dragon lances, and wonder wand berserk for shinryu,
and quick + break a poison rod on a reflected characted to hp.leak omega then just wait on the other quickturn to roboslay

x.x
I used no Wiki so I've no idea where I could've gotten the dragon lances, nor the cycle of the wonder wand. I'm going in blind.

I don't understand the Omega strategy. Do you suffer poison damage even during quick?

tsundoku

I used no Wiki so I've no idea where I could've gotten the dragon lances, nor the cycle of the wonder wand. I'm going in blind.

I don't understand the Omega strategy. Do you suffer poison damage even during quick?

There are two kinds of poison in the game
poison hurts you roughly every time you have a turn
hpleak ticks by a small amount every second but wears off quickly within a few global timer ticks

in a quick turn (After turn 1 but before taking the second action) hpleak still ticks by every second, but the global turn giving counter stops running so you don't get killed before you get to take your second turn so hpleak runs as long as you dont take an action

dragon lances come from the old guys who were locked up in the castle prison area of the last dungeon, when they change form you can steal the lance as a very rare steal.

if you just berserk shinryu by attacking him with the wonder wand and have !image and one quick caster to quick your best attacker you'll still do fine without extra dragonlance damage

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
I still wonder if doing a chaos run with all the jobs at the start would be okay for the fiesta. I'd do another chaos run if we could do that since it would mix things up some. (And avoid the potential freelancer slog).

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
I don't get the chaos run. I got a water job at the start. Do you just get a random crystal every time with a random job?

Chaos gives you four entirely random jobs. They can be from any crystal and you can get duplicates. They are assigned when you registered and are ordered by crystal to minimize the time you spend as freelancers. Since your first job was from the water crystal it means you won't get a wind job, and the remaining three could be water, fire, or earth jobs.

#Victory!

Honestly, with my party, World 3 was kind of a blur. I was either using high-level Black Magic (First, -aga spells, then Flare), Lv. x Blue Magic, BardSongs, or some combination of those in just about every battle that I didn't run away from. But I guess I'll start my summary from the beginning of World 3.

Antlion was no problem whatsoever, pretty straightforward fight. The Gargoyles guarding the tablets were pretty easy with a few shots of Lv. 3 Flare. Most Pyramid enemies fell before the might of Requiem and -aga spells. The boss afterwards fell pretty easily thanks to repeated castings of Alluring Air, followed by its -aga weakness. Naturally, the first thing I did with the airship was finding a Stingray, which I confused and beat to get Mighty Guard. I believe that it was the last major Blue Spell that I specifically wanted to seek out, as I didn't bother trying to get 1000 Needles and Roulette later on. After getting the various non-dungeon items scattered around the world, I went to the Island Shrine. Wendigo fell to a Sleep strategy, as I put all 4 to sleep, and took them out one-by-one.

Fork Tower forced me to switch up my strategy a bit, with the Red Mage and Blue Mage on the Physical Side. Red was equipped with a Healing Staff, while Blue was equipped with a Chicken Knife. Blue hit Minotaur for major damage, while Red hit the injured to heal any damage that Minotaur caused. Omniscient was a much easier fight for the Bard and Black Mage, both equipped with Reflect Rings, and with the Blue Magic ability. Thankfully, Omni is very weak to Wind, so he fell quickly.

The Undersea Trench gave my Bard (and those equipped with !Sing) a workout, as everything in there fell to Requiem. The area also worked well with Mighty Guard, as party-wide Float negated the damage tiles covering much of the lower floors. The triplets were felled by Magic Lamp Odin, of course, since the recharge station was just a few screens back. Went to Istory Falls, equipped Coral Rings to fight Leviathan. Lev was defeated quickly thanks to Thundaga. After that, I stopped by Phoenix Tower, since Faris and Krile were pretty close to learning DualCast. They got enough points from the Magic Pots, making them the only two characters to master all four jobs this run. Of course, Dualcast is only useful on one party member, Black Mage, so I didn't make it a priority to teach it to the rest of the party.

After some World 3 cleanup, and some final item purchases, I set off for the Rift. Calofisteri was tricky, since I forgot to equip my Reflect Rings, but luckily, she cast Reflect onto one of my party members, so I few bounced Flares finished the fight pretty quickly. Skipped Omega for now. Apanda fell after multiple Firagas. Azulmagia to multiple Flares. Same with Catastrophe. Halicarnassus was another victim of Flare, assisted by Lv. 3 Flare after a Dark Spark hit. For Twintania, I just stood by after Mighty Guard, until it started charging for Giga Flare, which made it susceptible to Lv. 5 Death. Stole the Genji Shield from Gilgamesh. Necrophobe was pretty tricky, as I needed to bounce Dualcast Flares off of a Reflect Ring-equipped party member, while another party member would try to hit the injured barriers with the Chicken Knife. Mighty Guard also came in handy, as it drastically cut the magic damage from the Barriers' bounced spells.

GBMjoHQ.png

When I faced Exdeath, I wanted to use the strategy that I've used in many years past: Buff up my party with extended Bardsongs (Hero's Rime and Swift Song), while slicing through Exdeath's MP. Thankfully, for the latter, I had the Blue Spell Magic Hammer, which cut Exdeath's MP in half every time it hit; I also used Dualcast Osmose for good measure. His MP fell to 0 quickly, so all I had to do was wait a while and switch songs when necessary, as Mighty Guard and Mighty March mostly negated Exdeath's physical damage. When the party was good and buff, I hit Exdeath with a salvo of Dualcast Flares, Chicken Knife hits, etc. to usher in the Neo Exdeath phase of the battle.
FBY4X1x.png
R0BZ5ZZ.png

zfbmsrZ.png
WKMwJNB.png

As always, I started off the Neo Exdeath portion by blowing through Magic Lamp charges, from Bahamut to Golem (with Odin cutting through one portion, of course). This time, I didn't have Spellblade Break to instantly defeat the Almagest part, so I had to do things the old-fashioned way (Dual-cast Flare, Flare, Chicken Knife). Neo started to shake, but he still couldn't cast Almagest in time before that part was gone. With two parts left, I spread the damage out: Apollo's Harp and Chicken Knife on the Dragon part, Dualcast Flare and Flare on the Front part. The Front part fell first, but the Dragon part followed soon afterwards, defeating Neo Exdeath for good. #Victory
QU9y8Js.png

Dd5q6bT.gif

As for the bonus bosses, I have a Bard, so I think I'll try to beat Omega. It'll be tough without Spellblade Thundaga, but I can probably replace that with bounced Dualcast Thundagas, hopefully. Shinryu might be tough, though I guess I could try the Mirage Vest bug for the Berserk (Power Staff) strategy.

lwulLK7.png

Iyr8xdZ.png
5KlPCRs.png

knRuvVx.png
jQvkCwf.png

TLI97pQ.png

#VictoryOmega!
Jl5HSjY.png

It took a few tries, as Omega's Stop status would sometimes end more quickly than normal, usually with a party-wiping attack. In my winning run, Bartz/Lenna/Krile were equipped with !Sing, Krile wore a Reflect Ring, Bartz/Lenna/Faris had Hermes Sandals, and Faris was equipped with DualCast. Started off with Lenna singing Swift Song and Bartz singing Romeo's Ballad, followed up by Faris dualcasting bounced Thundaga spells. Krile would usually provide a backup Romeo's Ballad, or emergency items. Omega killed Lenna with Blaster not too long afterwards, but I guess Swift Song had enough time to have a minor effect, as Omega didn't get another turn the entire battle. The rest of the battle was a loop of singing Romeo's Ballad and bouncing DualCast Thundaga. Eventually, the Thundagas finally fried Omega's circuits.
665Ztu4.png
p1f9jK2.png

gblues

Banned
#victory

!mix might as well be named !win.

I started with using DF+Elixir to double everyone's HP, then put DF+Phoenix Down to get guard up, then spammed DF+High Potion on my BM. Once the BM was regen'ing about 250 hp a turn, started BM in dual cast spree while rest of team DF+HP themselves.

After switch to NeoExDeath, mixers were on heal/ressurect/gilead duty while the BM continued Firaga dual casting.

3GZpvhf.jpg

Thank god for the Android version having an Auto option to speed up fights, otherwise I would've retired from this run quite a while ago:

I got Time Mage first and then Bard. Killing stuff is SLOW as heck unless I am spending ridiculous amounts of money. I am definetly choosing the no rods option for next run.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Thank god for the Android version having an Auto option to speed up fights, otherwise I would've retired from this run quite a while ago:

I got Time Mage first and then Bard. Killing stuff is SLOW as heck unless I am spending ridiculous amounts of money. I am definetly choosing the no rods option for next run.
What are you other two jobs? If you got something to deal damage you should be pretty well set. Time Mage and especially Bard are amazing.

I'm on my second run but I've slowed down alot recently. My party is Time/Time/Summoner/Dancer. I just finished the pyramid off and was wondering what to do. What is worthwhile to get for my party before going to the final dungeon? I am thinking of powering through the last bit of the game.

Welp, it's now Dancer and Samurai. Not too shabby, I may be one of the few who actually like the Dancer job.
With that party, you should have a pretty easy time with the rest of the game. Samurai and Dancer hit pretty hard, Bard and Time Mage can buff and debuff, and if all else fails, there's always Zeninage (Gil Toss). !Sing and !Iainuki are also great skills for most enemy mobs.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
I'm on my second run but I've slowed down alot recently. My party is Time/Time/Summoner/Dancer. I just finished the pyramid off and was wondering what to do. What is worthwhile to get for my party before going to the final dungeon? I am thinking of powering through the last bit of the game.

Other than the standard fare like the magic lamp, Phantom Village, chicken knife, sealed weapons, etc I'd say just get the Syldra summon and optionally Odin, then finish the game. Boost it with the Magus Rod (why use air knife when you can boost other elements too?) and it's pretty much the best offensive summon. Does damage roughly equal to Bahamut IIRC, costs less MP, and neither Bahamut or Leviathan can be boosted.

None of the other late/end game summons are worth it though IMO. Same with Meteor, especially since it will require three extra dungeons in your case. You gain nothing from the Island Shrine or Fork Tower. Dancer has some good end-game gear but it's all on your path anyway.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Most of the remaining side quests will be useful to you. Pick up Syldra at the Pirate's Cave (you can power up the summon using Air Knives IIRC). You'll have to do the Island Temple to open up Fork Tower to get the Submarine. Submarine gets you into the Undersea Trench which gets you Meteor, the most powerful spell for Time Magic. As well as into the Waterfall Cave which gets you Leviathan, the most powerful summon (if boosted with the Magus Rod--Bahamut is non-elemental and can't be boosted). Phoenix Tower gets you Phoenix as a summon, North Mountain gets you Bahamut, Bal Castle gets you Odin.

You could do everything, but you'll probably at least want Meteor and Leviathan, which means doing all the remaining tablet dungeons. Possibly you could skip Meteor if you give both of your Time Mages !Summon.

Magus Rod doesn't boost water :p

I remembered that the hard way on a run this year after getting Leviathan and realizing Syldra was better.

With that party, you should have a pretty easy time with the rest of the game. Samurai and Dancer hit pretty hard, Bard and Time Mage can buff and debuff, and if all else fails, there's always Zeninage (Gil Toss). !Sing and !Iainuki are also great skills for most enemy mobs.

Yeah, I haven't had much trouble other than enemies taking forever to go down up until the Earth Crystal. Breaking rods makes the game too easy tho.

Thanks for the help. I'll grab Syldra and the magus rod and finish off the game. The run has been pretty easy so far so hopefully none of the bosses give me any trouble.

Just got my final job.

Thief
Magic Knight
Bard
Dancer

I'm completely screwed, right?

I'll second what Cyan said, that's a pretty good party. Mystic Knight is one of the most versatile classes in the game, though it takes a round to setup !Spellblade each battle. Bard can Mass-Confuse and Stop enemies while the MK prepares, buff the party, and decimate the undead. Dancer can physically hit hard with !Dance, equip Ribbons, and serves as an okay candidate for !Spellblade. The Thief will probably become less useful as the game goes on, but it can get you a lot of equipment early on (for free!), plenty of items to sell for extra Gil, a reliable running option to get away from tough battles and power-up the Chicken Knife, and you never need to worry about back-attacks.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
I think that party can beat Omega and Shinryu without too much trouble too.

Omega should be really easy. Hermes Sandals across the board, three !Singers, one doing swift song and the other two doing Romeo's Ballad. Then the Mystic Knight slaughters it with Thundara/Thundaga spellblade.

For Shinryu, give one character !Hide and give the Bard Apollo's Harp, both with Hermes Sandals so you can get a turn in before the Tidal Wave, and have your Bard attack faster. Have something set Zombie on the Bard before the fight. Enter the Shinryu fight, have your !Hide character hide, and let the zombified Bard kill Shinryu as it acts in futility to try to kill your undead character.

Top Bottom