• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Agito (iOS/Android) announced [Tabata Producing, Details In OP]

Exentryk

Looks like Tabata is still producer, and the game is coming this winter.

https://twitter.com/sok4atg8/status/377634630830419968

KQUVAnk.png

Apoptomon

If this was a mobile release of type 0, why wouldn't they use that name, instead of reverting to agito? Whatever it turns out to be, I guess it's kinda underhanded of them to reuse the name...

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Do we even know why people hate on mobile games anymore?

It used to be because the games were shitty. Or because you couldn't play with real buttons.

If this really were Type-0, and you can use controller add ons (like the official spec for them in iOS7), then there is literally no reason to be pessimistic about mobile anymore.

Uh... what's the problem if it really is Type-0? We would have an actual chance of playing it in English. And it would be really impressive.

Doesn't sound like it is, though.

Frumix

Suffering From Success

It used to be because the games were shitty. Or because you couldn't play with real buttons.

If this really were Type-O, and you can use controller add ons (like the official spec for them in iOS7), then there is literally no reason to be pessimistic about mobile anymore.
That is really limiting. Let me get a new iPhone to play this game instead of the four gaming systems I own, wait what?

If this really were Type-0, and you can use controller add ons (like the official spec for them in iOS7), then there is literally no reason to be pessimistic about mobile anymore.

People fear change.

Exentryk

Honestly would give mobile games more of a go if I can airplay to the TV and use a controller. But until then, they suck for me.

Isn't there already a Final Fantasy card game on iOS/Android? Also, where the hell is Theatrhythm for Android while we're at it? Or Final Fantasy Tactics!?

If this really were Type-O, and you can use controller add ons (like the official spec for them in iOS7), then there is literally no reason to be pessimistic about mobile anymore.

Well, as a smartphone user, I'd be pissed off to play Type-0 on it. I have a controller and a high end smartphone. But those games eat a lot of battery life from phones I need to plug every 2 days or so. So it's like wasting battery life for phone use, messaging use or internet browsing use.

Goli

Isn't there already a Final Fantasy card game on iOS/Android? Also, where the hell is Theatrhythm for Android while we're at it? Or Final Fantasy Tactics!?

Theatrhythm for Android may never happen. And FFT is already out for Android in Japan, just a matter of time till it's out worldwide.

kurahador

No one wants to buy an overpriced digital only handheld.

Kyon

Banned
What if its turn based? That'd be cute... Although I'd miss feeling bad ass making my weapons materialize and de materialize in thin air at a whim..

Eusis

Oh, prequel? Heh, kind of fitting to take the name Agito then, wonder if it'll be close to that original concept too?

In light of S-E's mobile push, I've often thought it ironic given that Square puts out some of the worst looking mobile games out there. Or at least "wonder-flick" looks better than anything they've attempted (aside from maybe Chaos Rings?). Maybe they're par for the course, I don't know, but come to think of it they look to be a lot less ambitious than whatever they were doing when they released games like Before Crisis. Or at least back then there was more of a feeling of "why don't we get mobile games too" instead of "why are they releasing terrible games." And IIRC, Square Enix isn't the only one. I remember seen screens of a number of seemingly legit, real efforts at compelling games on phones.

It will be interesting to see what this looks like. Knowing Square-Enix, it's probably a vaguely anti-consumer horrible effort deliberately designed to milk people for the least amount of effort they can possibly put out. Type-0 and 3rd Birthday were "too much" for previous cell phones to handle. Let's see if this is something those phones couldn't handle. Lol.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
That is really limiting. Let me get a new iPhone to play this game instead of the four gaming systems I own, wait what?

Maybe you don't have a PSP either? So what? Not owning it is not a reason to hate mobile or any platform.

And if you don't have an iOS or Android device... you are in the minority.

No one wants to buy an overpriced digital only handheld.

No one? Except.... everyone.

Yeah iOS and Android... pretty obscure...

People fear change.

This.

Well, at least Android isn't being left out. It'll probably still come later than the iOS version. Depending on what kind of game this is, I may not even care.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Maybe you don't have a PSP either? So what? Not owning it is not a reason to hate mobile or any platform.

And if you don't have an iOS or Android device... you are in the minority.

I do have a 'droid phone, but that just throws your "oh, there's button inputs too" argument out of the window doesn't it? I talked specifically about iOS7 devices. The point is, let mobile games stay mobile games and don't put big guns on there, that's not how it works, I can't even play Minecraft on phones (even though it's there!) because of how inconvenient it is.

Though if it's just a card game, yeah, it'll be right at home on mobile.
Not on mine though.

Goli

In light of S-E's mobile push, I've often thought it ironic given that Square puts out some of the worst looking mobile games out there. Or at least "wonder-flick" looks better than anything they've attempted (aside from maybe Chaos Rings?). Maybe they're par for the course, I don't know, but come to think of it they look to be a lot less ambitious than whatever they were doing when they released games like Before Crisis. Or at least back then there was more of a feeling of "why don't we get mobile games too" instead of "why are they releasing terrible games." And IIRC, Square Enix isn't the only one. I remember seen screens of a number of seemingly legit, real efforts at compelling games on phones.

It will be interesting to see what this looks like. Knowing Square-Enix, it's probably a vaguely anti-consumer horrible effort deliberately designed to milk people for the least amount of effort they can possibly put out. Type-0 and 3rd Birthday were "too much" for previous cell phones to handle. Let's see if this is something those phones couldn't handle. Lol.
I think you should really check out all their mobile offerings, at least in video form. Most of their games that aren't ports (i.e. not FFI-V, Chrono Trigger and such) look gorgeous, definitely above the general "mobile gaming" average, graphics wise.

Edit: People are reporting that the info from Twitter was a joke so until hard info comes from SE I am retracting my comment about Luminous Studio.

I think you should really check out all their mobile offerings, at least in video form. Most of their games that aren't ports (i.e. not FFI-V, Chrono Trigger and such) look gorgeous, definitely above the general "mobile gaming" average, graphics wise.

All The Bravest?

Top Bottom