• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Agito (iOS/Android) announced [Tabata Producing, Details In OP]

c2m.gif

Ahem.

Eusis

Let's be honest here and admit SE will reach FAR more potential users with this than PSP and I really want the PSP version as well.
Far more potential users, yes.

Far more willing customers? I imagine a port of the PSP game to traditional platforms, updated perhaps, would do far more.

CorvoSol

Far more potential users, yes.

Far more willing customers? I imagine a port of the PSP game to traditional platforms, updated perhaps, would do far more.

As do I. I'm unwilling to believe we live in a world where a traditional port of the game would not sell more than they'll earn through these iaps.

Aureon

Please do not let me serve on a jury. I am actually a crazy person.
Meh, ARR replenished some goodwill.
May give it a half-hearted chance.

Now, if this somehow leads to a C&D to Project Doomtrain, i'm going to be VERY, VERY ANGRY.

If this leads to a official localization of Type-0, i'm going to be very happy though[/spoler]

Toth

On the plus side, this may strengthen a port to Vita since they already know the demand is there already. They could then heavily promote the IOS/Android version and minimize translation costs since they could use the same resources poured into the Vita release for the western translation of the app. One large translation project (which may already be done largely anyway) for one unsteady platform and another proven successful platform with huge potential gains could really pay off for them and for us long suffering fans.

Goli

On the plus side, this may strengthen a port to Vita since they already know the demand is there already. They could then heavily promote the IOS/Android version and minimal translation costs since they could use the same resources poured into the Vita release for the western translation of the app. One large translation project (which may already be done largely anyway) for one unsteady platform and another proven successful platform with huge potential gains could really pay off for them and for us long suffering fans.

This sounds so dramatic.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Yeah definitely a far cry from Type 0's battle system. Looks like you have a limited amount of attacks/skills to use. It looks pretty though.

lol at the Type 0tome portions with building friendship with Class Zero members.

The Behemoth on the website through one of the screenshots is ridiculously big. :/

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
Looks like they're using the psp assets. Doesn't look that bad. Still interested in the plot as well. The first iteration:)

It doesn't seem like you'll be playing as any of the original characters though.

Shengar

The first game is Final Fantasy Dimensions, and it costs 20 dollars American to play, which is a ridiculous price for a game on Android or iPhone or whatever else. The other is Final Fantasy Airborne Brigade, and costs you only what they can swindle out of you by misdirecting your thumb toward the cash button.

Call me cynical, but would a company like Square Enix, which charges an arm and a leg for an SNES level experience, really just give away for free a game that is on par with something they were selling on the PSP for 60ish bucks?
This is the reason why I'm also being cynical with mobile games in general. The money they chase, particularly big publishers are casuals money, the one who download Angry Birds and the likes for dirt cheap money. These exact people wouldn't ever thought in their mind to bought a $10 for their smartphone. Because, why should they if they already have cheap entertainment? You can't hope to compete unless you put the same price tag or being F2P.

I
Regarding the pricing on paid mobile games SE puts out, I think... they're fine. It's true their games are generally more expensive than the dollar many users seem to be used to paying, but their quality is also a lot higher. I have no problems paying for quality if that means getting games like Chaos Rings II or Drakerider which would have cost something like $40 on 3DS/Vita/PSP available for a half of that or less on launch day.
And even then and despite how SE's paid iOS/Android games have been hugely successful for them, they've been lowering their prices even more lately, with things like Bloodmasque costing like $7 at launch and like $3 on sale. And now they're selling even more.
You are a (core) gamer, so you wouldn't have any problem paying $40 if the quality justifies it. But what about those (casual) market whose actually being targeted by the publisher? Nope, not a chance.

Top Bottom