• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT| Classic sprite-based JRPG goodness [UP] Global launch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aaaaaand, it just ate my 30.
Usually it adds it to my current but this time it showed it, and then went back down to max.
From previous experience (daily quests) how the +NRG works is they only overflow if you're on max NRG when you use them...which is stupid.

So in my case 31/31> 61/31 but had I used say, 5 beforehand it would be 26/31>31/31.

Which of the Magitek dudes was better? Biggs or Wedge?

Just got a 3* Biggs.
Biggs is the one with poison which is the only reason to care about either really :L

Visceir

Been slowly leveling my characters. Finally got all my party to 4*, I think the Cactuar event will be generous enough for me to max out the 4*...granted I actually don't forget to play and let my energy overflow.

Worth spending my 5000 lapis on summon tickets, or wait until we get better characters in the pool?

Wait for a rate-up.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
There isn't enough Sacred crystals in this planet to evolve both Exdeath and Garland to their 5* form.

Awakening dungeon for days!

Pejo

Anybody know how long we have to claim the items in our inbox? I want to save that 30 NRG for the cactuar thing if possible.

Rixa

Anybody know how long we have to claim the items in our inbox? I want to save that 30 NRG for the cactuar thing if possible.

Does it have any expiration day? Iam failry sure its there over weekend and that event starts in about 14h or so.

I made my 4th pull (ticket) and got 3* Maria, now I have okish healer and tossed rain to collect dust (going to level him at some point).

Yu Narukami

Been slowly leveling my characters. Finally got all my party to 4*, I think the Cactuar event will be generous enough for me to max out the 4*...granted I actually don't forget to play and let my energy overflow.

Wait for a rate-up.

What are the percentages for a 5* or 6* during rate up?
I've seen some Japanese videos and the odds of pulling a 6* even during events seem ridiculous.

Visceir

What are the percentages for a 5* or 6* during rate up?
I've seen some Japanese videos and the odds of pulling a 6* even during events seem ridiculous.

There are no 6* pulls. Rate-up only means you have a chance to pull a certain character more often, it doesn't increase the chance of getting gold/rainbow pulls.

So quick question

How many concurrent status effects can be on an enemy?

Don't think there is a limit.

Yu Narukami

There are no 6* pulls. Rate-up only means you have a chance to pull a certain character more often, it doesn't increase the chance of getting gold/rainbow pulls.

Sorry I meant 5*. So they never said what the percentages are for pulling a certain character during an event?

Pejo

Says we have 5 days to claim the 30 NRG.

Thanks! I must have missed it on the banner.

I wish they'd bump down the NRG to one gained per 3 or 4 minutes. 5 minutes per point is rough.

I tried out barrage on a maxed out Bartz friend character, man that is an insane skill. it's literally just 4 turns of that character at random targets with just a small hit to overall damage. I didn't realize that if the character hits twice, it's actually 8 total hits. If you can match a killer effect materia to a boss on a barrage capable character, it's game over for that boss.

Negator

Got Cecil to 5* yesterday and rapidly levelling him back up. In celebration, I opened a bunch of friend slots. I am unable to add myself to the sheet currently and will add myself when I get home.

Visceir

Sorry I meant 5*. So they never said what the percentages are for pulling a certain character during an event?

Never, only got a banner saying x, y and z characters have a rate-up. In the new batches generally there is a 5* - 6* unit, then one or two 4* - 6* units and then one or two 3* - 5* units.

If you manage to pull a rainbow then there's pretty high chance it will be the 5* - 6* unit, rainbows still are super rare though.

Gold crystals do have become more common over time.

gaiages

Banned
My lucky ass friend got EXDEATH on their first draw and almost didn't realize what they had. What a jerk! :p At least they looked it up and realized the awesomeness they now have.

And I pulled Anastasis via friend point pull so yay I finally have a decent healer :)

WarAdept

All it took was switching out Rizer (was trying to inflict Paralysis shenannigans) for Kenyu, and Chimera (S-3) went down crying. What a difference 1k+ HP makes.

Rootbeer

Banned
I sent out some more friend requests. I upped my friend capacity again, looking to fill it with regulars! I don't care what you share really as long as it's not 2* Lasswell/Rain :p

I added myself to the Google Doc too

15 Zulithe 986,356,554 Zulith Kain

forgrim

So since i have a cecil, what kind of character is he built to be, a buffbot/healer? Trying to gauge what charactters i should focus to build around him, strong attackers? Etc.

Right now he seems very underwhelming and week (4 star, but will be five star when cactuars hit)

leehom

Best place to get Heaven's Ash, Sacred Crystal so I can awaken my 3* Lasswell and Rain? I don't have a thief to steal them in the Colosseum :(

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Best place to get Heaven's Ash, Sacred Crystal so I can awaken my 3* Lasswell and Rain? I don't have a thief to steal them in the Colosseum :(

Adv awakening vortex. Be prepared to grind this for days.
Sacred crystal seems to be the most in demand with my characters.

leehom

Adv awakening vortex. Be prepared to grind this for days.
Sacred crystal seems to be the most in demand with my characters.

Thanks. I plan on grinding my team B to max level before I grind for the upgrade materials. After upgrade materials, I'll grind them back to max level. Do they go beyond 4*?

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Thanks. I plan on grinding my team B to max level before I grind for the upgrade materials. After upgrade materials, I'll grind them back to max level. Do they go beyond 4*?

Laswell and Rain go to 5* now and will get a 6* upgrade in the future.

I'm seeing most people on Friend list with near max level 80, 4-5* characters.
How many island updates does the game need to reach content for that level ?

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
I'm seeing most people on Friend list with near max level 80+, 5-6* characters.

80 is the cap of 5*. I don't believe 6* is in the game yet. Can you get a screen grab of somebody being higher than lvl 80? That would point to something really wrong (I suspect the hacked .apk)

WarAdept

Nice so Kenyu is pretty solid?

He seems to hit hard. Does he have the bare fisted mofifier or do you put the knuckles on?

He's a good generic. Has Power Break which is always handy, hits multiple times with normal attacks, so he's good for chains and does okay damage. His biggest draw is his enormous 2k HP, thanks to 3 of his traits increasing his HP.

It's 700 extra HP over King Giott, which is the next generic with the 2nd highest HP so far that I can see. Super helpful in staying alive in the Coliseum and pumping out those Power Breaks.

I equip a fist on him. Stat screen says more attack that way.

Rootbeer

Banned

use your friend pulls to get a thief. There are two you can get. Paul is slightly better, IMO, but either is fine.

Yeah, they are not as good as Vaan or Zidane at fighting but you only really care about their steal ability for the most part :)

And yes I can independently confirm that you can steal Ash from the Ghouls in the Colosseum, I've done it a few times already. Not sure about other enemies. I'm still working my way up.

These are the characters I'll pulled so far:

5A1g8F4.jpg

A few moments ago, I upgraded Rain, Edgar and Fran to 4*

I pulled 3* Wedge earlier today during work.

3* Skaha (Dragoon), 3* Mel (Salve-Maker), 3* King Giott (Warrior)

The rest are 2* and under and I'm keeping them because of how cool they look and to see what interesting things (if any) they can do.

I have a soft spot for my Dancer, Sarai. Being able to cure the party with Curing Waltz and trying to blind all enemies with Darkness Dance is why.

In terms of who will be my leader, I'll rotate between Sarai, Edgar, Fran and Wedge (when I level him up). Unless people need a certain unit then I'll make them the leader.

Currently grinding Chamber of Awakening - INT for mats. Need 3 Earth Cores to awaken Luna to 4*. I have 2 x 30 NRG rewards I need to claim but I'm saving them for the weekend.

Did I mention I'm in love with this game? F2P has never grabbed me this hard. Added my name to the spreadsheet. I have room for 7 more people.

Visceir

I'm seeing most people on Friend list with near max level 80, 4-5* characters.

You'd be steamrolling story chapters all the way to the current jp content with those characters most likely. Story content has always been easy though.

Meanwhile the trial bosses jp has gotten and the latter events would still pose a hard challenge even with maxed out characters.

2* esper fights might be difficult too.

Edit: to give some perspective where things are heading -- the white dragon has 53k hp? The current event boss in jp has 1.4 mil hp.

Heng

And yes I can independently confirm that you can steal Ash from the Ghouls in the Colosseum, I've done it a few times already. Not sure about other enemies. I'm still working my way up.
The grey t-rex can drop it as well, I think they can either be found in c rank or b rank.

WarAdept

Oh man the Abhorrent One in Colosseum S-4 is no joke. Got him down to 25%, but didn't have enough healing juice to last. Doing these with just generics is super fun.

Vex_

Banned
So wait. EXDEATH just got blizzaga, firaga, AND thundaga, as a level up reward at the same damn time??

What the actual fuck? Is he the only one that can do this right now?! Ok, NOW I'm convinced. He is definitely powerful.

Edit: also this sleep dagger I just unlocked in the colosseum is actually proc'ing something like 40% of the time which is surprising. My bandit is making people go night night.

Talaysen

So wait. EXDEATH just got blizzaga, firaga, AND thundaga, as a level up reward at the same damn time??

What the actual fuck? Is he the only one that can do this right now?! Ok, NOW I'm convinced. He is definitely powerful.

Shantotto also gets those and I think the other three -aga spells (I see three more skills on her list that I don't have unlocked yet).

Rixa

Since we havent seen daily login reward table for some days now, here is May dlr table.
My guess is that when June hits, table will change, today was my 11th day (I think since I got Cactuar) so Iam going to miss ticket.

Soon the Cactuar farming starts, got dailies done (but havent collected them), 1k exp to rank increase, Only thing I fumbled was thinking that day changes in 90mins. But I think it will change in 30mins from this post. Oh well Iam not full nrg :p.

Svafnir

Shouldn't Cactuar Dunes be up, or am I missing something?

I feel like they are not accurate with daylight savings time. So it actually starts at 1.

Yes that makes no sense. But otherwise everything they have mentioned a time in Pacific time, it's been off by an hour.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom