• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT2| All your Shadows Belong To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flambe

I feel behind only having earned about half the Gigantaurs from event, and that's it. And I think I'm okay with that, cause fuck that drop rate/costs lol. Once Lightning gets her boost I can finish up Gigantaurs and probably summon tickets at least. Low goals

across

Everyone's circumstances are different, of course, but 117 runs (I'm done aside from 2x ELT runs for the daily) got me 7 of the 10 tickets, all the cheap 6* mats, Winged Saint, all the gigantuars and all of the Star Quartz, as well as 10 levels or so for Diabolos, Ramuh, Shiva and Carbuncle... and something like 35+ Sacred Crystals and maybe half again as many Holy Crystals.

Grinding through it "early", while suboptimal, means I can focus on the Dunes this weekend (inefficient as they are compared to explorations, I can't be bothered to do them).

Great event? Objectively not, it's the worst one yet... aside, perhaps, from the Gravity Rod one. But there's value to be extracted from it.

Lyrian

Great event? Objectively not, it's the worst one yet... aside, perhaps, from the Gravity Rod one. But there's value to be extracted from it.

An astute observation here.

As you allude, there is value to be obtained from the event. As many are stating in their own way, the value is perceived to be poor compared to previous events at least in terms of efficiency.

Whether this inefficiency stems from a bad JP event that was mostly left as is, or intentional bottleneck because Gumi has determined that players are finishing the event too fast and want to make everyone grind it for 12-14 days to achieve basic rewards is anyone's guess at the moment.

Once Lightning gets her bonus I should be able to clear ELT with 375% bonus, which will be nice. I've been doing pretty decent only because GAF is so OP that i cn run with 4x Sazh, 1x Vanille, and basically solo it with the helper. As long as an OP Lightning can solo it should be decent

Syntsui

Everyone's circumstances are different, of course, but 117 runs (I'm done aside from 2x ELT runs for the daily) got me 7 of the 10 tickets, all the cheap 6* mats, Winged Saint, all the gigantuars and all of the Star Quartz, as well as 10 levels or so for Diabolos, Ramuh, Shiva and Carbuncle... and something like 35+ Sacred Crystals and maybe half again as many Holy Crystals.

Grinding through it "early", while suboptimal, means I can focus on the Dunes this weekend (inefficient as they are compared to explorations, I can't be bothered to do them).

I definitely agree with you. Piece of shit event, but as things won't change let's at least get what we can.

I decided to focus almost entirely on TM farming the first week, so I'm way behind you in terms of rewards, but in the end I'll get what I really need anyway.

Finally beat Antenolla. As soon as i stopped trying Divider spam and focused down one arm at a time it became pretty easy.

Aura Ball owns the shit out of this event too

Muku

Got to work with what you have. You WILL get that dps unit that you need. WHEN is the real question. That's a pretty great team you have right there. Try to buff Snow's atk as much as you can. If you have DW give him that, and Barrage and see how it goes.

Who else do you have on the bench Muku? I'd try to put as many 6*s on the team as you can. ExDeath, CoD, Bartz, etc. Simply because 6* stats > 5* stats by a significant margin.

On my alt I only have Delita, Cecil, and Refia as my 6*. :( That's why I'm trying to figure out what to do with rest of my reject crew I have. Though, I am working on my 5* CoD right now. Though going to need to get her 6* mats soon.

Is Vaan going to get a 6* upgrade soon?

Celegus

On my alt I only have Delita, Cecil, and Refia as my 6*. :( That's why I'm trying to figure out what to do with rest of my reject crew I have. Though, I am working on my 5* CoD right now. Though going to need to get her 6* mats soon.

Is Vaan going to get a 6* upgrade soon?

It was with Balthier release, right after Tidus' second banner. So... not any time soon if we follow JP.

Muku

He won't be good anyway, don't waste your expectations =x

Maybe, I just need someone that's gonna be 6* soon to fill out alt group. :( But even still I don't have anyone else that is, so guess it's just gonna be whomever to fill in right now.

Lyrian

My Bartz just hit 5*. There goes 10 more SC down the drain.

Anyone got any more of those Sacred Crystals anywhere?

_woLf

Did they change the rewards for hanging edge elite?

I just got 550 gears from the run with no bonus units. I did fight against a gigantuar for the first time though, I didn't even know that was possible...

Celegus

Did they change the rewards for hanging edge elite?

I just got 550 gears from the run with no bonus units. I did fight against a gigantuar for the first time though, I didn't even know that was possible...

Nope, you only got so many because of the Gigantuar. Too bad you didn't have any bonus units..

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Any advice on who I should level next?

My current tops:
[ ] CoD
[ ] ExDeath
[ ] Kefka
[ ] Refia
[ ] Cecil

They're all maxed. I have a maxed Ingus for breaking. I have no true DPS. What direction do I go next? I want to claim all these gigantaurs but I can't sandbag them for the right unit, so I need to pick before I grab them.

I'm thinking:
[ ] multiple ExDeaths
[ ] Black Cat Lid?
[ ] Vaan?
[ ] multiple Cecils?
[ ] Gafgarrion? I notice he's ranked pretty high in JP long-term.

I dunno. I have a lot of great support units. EDs and Cecils are the only current 6*s I could duplicate. Thoughts?

My current tops:
[ ] CoD
[ ] ExDeath
[ ] Kefka
[ ] Refia
[ ] Cecil

They're all maxed. I have a maxed Ingus for breaking. I have no true DPS. What direction do I go next? I want to claim all these gigantaurs but I can't sandbag them for the right unit, so I need to pick before I grab them.

I'm thinking:
[ ] multiple ExDeaths
[ ] Black Cat Lid?
[ ] Vaan?
[ ] multiple Cecils?

I dunno. I have a lot of great support units. EDs and Cecils are the only current 6*s I could duplicate. Thoughts?

Do you have any other full breakers? If not, then Vaan. If so, then I'd level another Exdeath.

My current tops:
[ ] CoD
[ ] ExDeath
[ ] Kefka
[ ] Refia
[ ] Cecil

I'm thinking:
[ ] multiple ExDeaths
[ ] Black Cat Lid?
[ ] Vaan?
[ ] multiple Cecils?

Black Cat Lid is also really nice for her broken Hex if you don't have one. Vaan is good if you don't have a Full Breaker like cpp said. Another Exdeath would be good for arena as well

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
I'll throw up the new thread so you can all express your disappointment in me for doing it and your disappointment in yourselves for allowing me.

CCIE

Banned
Damn, what a day... I have been working all day, didn't even get to burn all of my energy, and now maintenance tonight. I was desperately running INT Vortex for SC the last 10 minutes before maintenance, and was getting some crazy crystal drops, so at least that is nice.

I will be focusing on Bartz, ExDeath, Rain, and such for gigantaurs on Friday, and am hopeful to pull Hope... Also, maintenance only currently looks to be 6 hours going by the message on the app. We'll see.

I have done okay on the event, and will see what happens after the weekend with Lightning friend units. I should be able to run 4-5 actual units for the bonus. At least 350%

Hello maintenance! I was at exactly 0 NRG and 0 Arena orbs. AW YEAH

I had a date tonight, and after walking her outside and waiting for an Uber, I had enough time to burn down 55 out of 79 NRG. Not bad. Arena, I don't care about; if I'm sub-90k, I'm good.

Damn, what a day... I have been working all day, didn't even get to burn all of my energy, and now maintenance tonight. I was desperately running INT Vortex for SC the last 10 minutes before maintenance, and was getting some crazy crystal drops, so at least that is nice.

I will be focusing on Bartz, ExDeath, Rain, and such for gigantaurs on Friday, and am hopeful to pull Hope... Also, maintenance only currently looks to be 6 hours going by the message on the app. We'll see.

I have done okay on the event, and will see what happens after the weekend with Lightning friend units. I should be able to run 4-5 actual units for the bonus. At least 350%

Same. WAY too many meetings today to do my usual switch control setup at work. On the other hand, I'm excited for Cactuar Dunes. Need to get Cecil to 100, and after that ... I'm not sure. Rain/Lasswell/Fina/Lid? Firion? Agrias? I'm stumped on who to level.

I've also mostly ignored the event, except cactuars to get Greg to 100. I figured I'd just wait for Lightning bonuses.

Lyrian

Hello maintenance! I was at exactly 0 NRG and 0 Arena orbs. AW YEAH

Ditto. Got my last arena fight in without 90 seconds to spare. Too close for comfort.

I'm hoping the massive wave of 600+ ATK Lightnings that will suddenly show up on my friends list will make the event a lot smoother going forward.

KeRaSh

Thank Gilgamesh I woke up in time and remembered that maintenance was coming up! Did 6 runs and ran into 2 Metal Gigantuars! What a way to start the morning.
Almost got 20k gears now. With Lightning getting a bonus I should have that stupid Trust Moogle pretty soon...

Rixa

Completely forgot about maintenance. Welp. There goes my stamina. :/

I KNEW I SHOULD HAVE CHECKED THIS THREAD EARLIER!

Yeah. I tried to be clever and inform it in many hours before. Sorry :/

8 hours maintenance + obivous extension = too many hours of energy down the drain :(.

chrono01

Yeah. I tried to be clever and inform it in many hours before. Sorry :/

8 hours maintenance + obivous extension = too many hours of energy down the drain :(.
Nah, it's totally my fault. I'm normally super-attentive to keeps tabs on this sort of thing, but I kind of slipped today. :(

I appreciate the thought in warning everyone, though (even if I missed it, nice to see you looking out). d(^_^)v

Nirran

Patch out on ios on the store. Changes the icon for the holidays lol. Says it changes the UI for the holidays too so that should be interesting unless it's just the icon.

Rixa

Nah, it's totally my fault. I'm normally super-attentive to keeps tabs on this sort of thing, but I kind of slipped today. :(

I appreciate the thought in warning everyone, though (even if I missed it, nice to see you looking out). d(^_^)v

Yup :). Soon new OT too :p

They reduced the maintenance now.

To: 6+2 hours

Ohh neat. So its ~3 days. Do you remember the time when GCC had Gauntlet expansion and maintenance was like 8h and in the end it was 67h :D.

bonkeng

Yup :). Soon new OT too :p

Ohh neat. So its ~3 days. Do you remember the time when GCC had Gauntlet expansion and maintenance was like 8h and in the end it was 67h :D.

Lol. Who can forget that?

3 days of no CC. Was about to have withdrawal syndrome haha.

Muku

I had a date tonight, and after walking her outside and waiting for an Uber, I had enough time to burn down 55 out of 79 NRG. Not bad. Arena, I don't care about; if I'm sub-90k, I'm good.

Same. WAY too many meetings today to do my usual switch control setup at work. On the other hand, I'm excited for Cactuar Dunes. Need to get Cecil to 100, and after that ... I'm not sure. Rain/Lasswell/Fina/Lid? Firion? Agrias? I'm stumped on who to level.

I've also mostly ignored the event, except cactuars to get Greg to 100. I figured I'd just wait for Lightning bonuses.

I'd say Agrias for Full Break, if you don't have a FBer leveled up.

Update is up for amazon app store too. Wonder what christmas stuff we're going to get?
Seems like amazon app store has the pictures of what the UI will look like

KeRaSh

Did anyone else notice that Metal Gigantuars are most likely to appear if the tall dude in the back of the first encounter drops a Magicite/Megacite?
I've recently started paying attention to it. Since then out of 4 Magicite/Megacite drops in the first round I've encountered 3 Metal Gigantuars the following turn.

Is this information helpful in any way? Absolutely not. Just thought it was interesting...

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Havent been playing that much the last couple days and forgot about the maintenance...oops. Well its just stamina.

1am EST. Good enough time to finish up a few things and set it for one more Stamina bar run.
I thought it would be at 3am aka the normal daily reset. I didn't grind my 200 gears out before 1am, so there goes 50 lapis. v_v

On the flipside:

IDK if I can do the other two missions, but \o/.

I didn't realize Gilga would have so much magic defense. The two Exdeaths were pretty useless.

Rixa

Reddit @Nazta has datamined stuff.

Tons of stuff, some of them will be released some wont. 2 New units 4-6* and 5-6*
Time will show what are the names of those chars, my guess:

XmasLas
&
NewYeaRain

Code:
[B]Reminder: Placeholders[/B]

Global Exclusive Abilities

(Includes anything from Unit Skillset/Items/Skills from Equips)

ID	Name	Desc
910031	Winter Guardian	Boost HP by 20% and nullify silence and stone
910032	Steel	Decrease damage taken by caster
910033	Attract	Increase chance of being targeted
910034	Ice Blast	Ice damage and reduce ice resistance for one enemy
910035	Tactical Gear	Boost DEF when equipped with armor and boost MAG when equipped with robe
910036	Gale Blast	Wind damage and reduce wind resistance for one enemy
910037	Rune Protector	Boost MAG when equipped with a rod and boost DEF when equipped with a shield
910038	Mystical Flair	Boost MAG by 10% and boost MP by 20%
910039	Bring It On	Temporarily increase chance of being targeted and decrease damage taken for three turns
910040	Glacial Wave	Ice damage and paralyze to all enemies
910041	Winter Palisade	Chance of using a random ice ability on enemy after receiving a magic attack
910042	Noel's Judgment	Use a random ice ability on enemy
910043	Blizzaga	Ice damage to all enemies
910044	Sub Zero	Ice damage and reduce ice resistance and paralyze to one enemy
910046	Heart of Conviction	Boost SPR by 30% and LB gauge fills each turn during battle
910047	Healer’s Resolve	Boost SPR and reduce ATK for caster
910048	Blessed Heart	Chance of curing and temporarily gaining immunity to poison, blind, sleep, silence, paralysis, confusion, disease, and stone after receiving a physical or magic attack
910049	Divine Grace	Chance of restoring HP to self or all allies after receiving a physical or magic attack
910050	Resilience	Cure and temporarily gain immunity to poison, blind, sleep, silence, paralysis, confusion, disease, and stone for caster
910051	Heal Back	Randomly restore HP for caster or all allies
910052	Heal Self	Restore HP for caster
910053	Mass Heal	Restore HP for all allies
910054	Heart of Light	Boost dark resistance and resistance to stone for all allies
910055	Hyper Fire	Random damage to all enemies
910056	Blazing Glory	Deal partial unmitigated damage to one enemy
910057	Winter Ward	Boots ice and wind resistance(50%) for 3 turns to all allies.
Global Exclusive Materia

ID	Name	Desc
1500000005	(?)	Boots ice and wind resistance(50%) for 3 turns to all allies.
[B]
Global Exclusive Units

ID	Name	Info	Rarity
30200070			5-6☆
30200080			4-6☆
[/B]
Global Exclusive LBs

ID	Name	Desc
302000705	White Shroud	Boost MAG and DEF for all allies
302000706	Silver Curtain	Boost MAG and DEF for all allies, and restore MP for all allies
302000804	Celestial Healing	Restore HP and cure poison, blind, sleep, silence, paralysis, confusion, disease, and stone for all allies
302000805	Celestial Healing	Restore HP and cure poison, blind, sleep, silence, paralysis, confusion, disease, and stone for all allies
302000806	Celestial Healing	Restore HP and cure poison, blind, sleep, silence, paralysis, confusion, disease, and stone, and boost SPR for all allies

Code:
2-Headed Dragon AI

Comparing to JP.

[B]Can't promise any of those changes will go live.[/B]

ST Death:

JP: Every 4 Turns
GL: Every 5 Turns
HP Thresholds:

JP: <50%/30%/10% HP
GL: <80%/60%/40%/20% HP
ST 230%, 50% paralyze for one turn

JP: 35% Chance