• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT4| Gacha Crystals, Gacha Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ken

i do kind of appreciate that it seems like it'll be a trend for trials to come with an "old 5* featured" banner so we don't have to wait for Player's Choice, though they stretch pretty hard to connect the "awakened warriors" with dark espers

Well... as someone who doesn't really have any of the uberawesomesauce units on the game, I'm actually quite pleased with the enhancements. A bunch of those units are still regulars on my A squad, so I'm cool with it.

I have everyone on the banner, so it's another period of time for me to keep saving up, which is appreciated from a F2P point of view.

Silver linings and all that...

Alkez

I've made 2 of Yoshi's and Minfilia's weapons, and 1 of their armors. Am I free to sell the remaining materials?

This thread hit a wallllllll.
Feel like right now the game is a bit stale.

Agreed with Muku. You know what I realised? We're at that point where all the little things that seemed great before are just common place now. We used to get so excited about obtaining TMs but now it's just another one to the collection. When people get rainbows it's not the mass excitement we used to see in the Luneth days because there are so many and most of us have at least one. It's the nature of all things I guess. At the end of the day the thread will always follow the game, and that's just where the game is and probably always will be going forward.

What the hell are they thinking giving us those trash enhancements.

Tbh it kind of makes sense. The first wave was always going to be the dead characters. They weren't exactly going to give use Ramza after seeing his role in JP. That being said I'm surprised and saddened that there's no Chizuru. Was looking forward to 40% dodge and op phantom shadow nonsense for my arena team lol.

Rixa

Do we get new Arena spammer in form of DW Guns Medius?

Answering to myself:

Medius

Auto-Limit

+1: Boosts LB gauge increase each turn (great)
+2: Boosts fill rate of burst stones
Gun Master

+1: Boosts ATK increase (low)
+2: Can equip two guns
Hyper Fire

+1: Boosts damage amount (low)
+2: Boosts damage amount (mid) Increases MP consumed (low)

Kouriozan

Don't it takes like 2 months to get enough Purecryst for a some ability awakening? I'm not mad Ramza didn't make it, he was the second 5* with Delita so he'll be there next month.

No 6* WoL for Dark Ifrit/Siren is a tragedy though :(
Good luck without magic counter on your tank.

Alkez

Just realised there's dunes this weekend. I guess I'll take on the trial the following weekend then. Have too many units to level.

Kettch

That'll be the first banner in a long time that I won't do dailies on.

Seven has a pretty nice enhancement, bumping her fire/ice/lightning debuff from -50% to -70%.

Alkez

But of course no ramza FUCK YOU GUMI

Also dark ifrit dark siren so fast... That Will be interesting.

I'm looking forward to seeing your f2p run. That's going to be nuts.

This trial was the first video of JP that I ever watched. Took Sin an hour to complete it but it got me so excited for the future of the game. And now the future is here. Really looking forward to this trial even if I'm most likely going to get blown away at first haha.

Rixa

At least I was right to hoard metal eggs, I have 200k and ready for some enhancements mats in the event banner.

Nicely done. I was expecting different currency to drop for those Enhancements. But it seems its still Metal Eggs for every material.
My saving grace is that I havent done a lot of this event. Prolly 2-3 energy bars totaling. Most of nrg is gone to TM farming.

As we can grab that Robe from Trial, it means I will only do one Minerva Bustier instead 2 (got 5 Celes).

TM party now:

Screenshot_20170411-135150.png

Celegus

At least I was right to hoard metal eggs, I have 200k and ready for some enhancements mats in the event banner.

Nice, that's what I did too. Haven't ran it much yet but I definitely will this week during the workday.

New banner is 100% skip for me, though still a little salty about only getting 2 golds this current banner in about 40 summons (not Xon). Curious how the new trial will go without WoL, and just hoping Ramza gets all of his good good singing stuff, just a bit delayed.

Alkez

What do you think? F2p 5 star yshtola... Yay or Nay?

Yay.

If she wasn't a reward from the points then I would probably say nay, but just doing pro netted me one of her so imo it's totally fine as almost all players should have her. My friend was only doing adv and he got her.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Arianna's new materia is pretty solid. She's always been a decent mage with great gear.

The enhancements are basically every shite character.

Kouriozan

Also saw that Lasswell season 2 is gated as a 5* rare summon instead of being a story unit, really disappointing.
Let's hope this won't happen to Rain season 2 when he'll be available someday.
Yes I know what happens to him in the story

Arianna's new materia is pretty solid. She's always been a decent mage with great gear.

The enhancements are basically every shite character.

It actually makes them useable but jesus the investment required

Don't enhance a character unless you love them enough that you want them on your team

Valentus

So what can i say about those New units:

Rain: leadership more cheap. Avoid
Roselia: becomes mp battery. I could spend some crystals on that
Krile: more Magic damage and infinite mp for herself . Avoid
Mercedes: more damage and atk buff . Priority
Seven: more element debuff and aoe osmose. Priority.

All other units: avoid Too.

This event, for me, will be quite beneficial. I will be able to completely max out all my remaining espers. Speaking of which, anyone have a good guide/reference on how to build out the espers? Or mind sharing screens of your espers skill tree? I'd appreciate it!

This event, for me, will be quite beneficial. I will be able to completely max out all my remaining espers. Speaking of which, anyone have a good guide/reference on how to build out the espers? Or mind sharing screens of your espers skill tree? I'd appreciate it!

Its simple

Just focus on useful abilities and passives

So Killers, Dispel, Imperil(not even that good anymore) osmose, etc...

Once you unlocked the best abilities that you plan to use then just pump up stats with the rest of the points

Just make sure not to spend points until you take an esper to 2 star

Zalasta

I am really beginning to hate these character specific moogles. Pulled 16 Fryevia's...they really should make them available only if your account has that unit, otherwise it's just such a waste, I'd rather have gil snapper or cactaurs than moogles I can't use.

evangd007

So what can i say about those New units:

Rain: leadership more cheap. Avoid
Roselia: becomes mp battery. I could spend some crystals on that
Krile: more Magic damage and infinite mp for herself . Avoid
Mercedes: more damage and atk buff . Priority
Seven: more element debuff and aoe osmose. Priority.

All other units: avoid Too.

But Lightning is my best 5* base...

+100% atk and 100% atk debuff resistance is amazing un any phys party

yeah isnt warcry AoE +100% ATK when enhanced plus your ATK can be reduced? For 3 turns?

You basically Mini Ramza without being stuck singing at least as far as ATK

Guys stop sleeping on Mercedes.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
GL batch 1 ability awakenings

kuja, lid, rain, fina, krile roselia mercedes lightning medius seven

so bad

UjWa0nQ.png

--

dark beast trial and some garbage banner to help you beat them?

https://lapis-prod-staticnews-gumi-sg.akamaized.net/prod//en/img/news_trial_boss_beastofthedark.png

lightning, medius, seven, mercedes

Puke.

I am really beginning to hate these character specific moogles. Pulled 16 Fryevia's...they really should make them available only if your account has that unit, otherwise it's just such a waste, I'd rather have gil snapper or cactaurs than moogles I can't use.

I want a Fryevia only because I don't have a weapon with over 100 attack yet and it keeps raining her moogles. It does feel like a giant taunt.

Rokuren

Seven's enhancements seem solid. I like using Lightning so I may upgrade her eventually. Although, I feel I should just save for Ramza.

Yeah, on Esper's you only get 1% of their stats; so just identify useful abilities.

The backlash is funny

The enhancements are good and make the said characters more viable

The investment and JP Future effect is fucking with community yet again

Its sucks that we cant enjoy anything because we are always glancing over at how OP JP stuff gets in the future

It just goes to show that Global still isnt doing enough to diverge our version of the game

As a short term solution they should make the enhancements for cheaper/weaker units MUCH easier to aquire. There needs to be a balance of investment and for the return to be worth it. And quite honestly? Medius's Enhancements should have just been his actual 6 star status

Rixa

I want a Fryevia only because I don't have a weapon with over 100 attack yet and it keeps raining her moogles. It does feel like a giant taunt.

Genji Blade? "Just" do Gilgamesh trial ;)

As a short term solution they should make the enhancements for cheaper/weaker units MUCH easier to aquire. There needs to be a balance of investment and for the return to be worth it. And quite honestly? Medius's Enhancements should have just been his actual 6 star status

Maybe they are doing it this week?

Tho I have several doubt's sadly :/

tuffymon

Woke up to 10 messages in ffbe... wtf >.>; at least this week will be interesting.

My Noctank is set as a friend unit, should make the Gilga trial a lot more manageable~

across

Anyone who thought Ramza had much of a chance being in this first wave was dreaming. I already made my peace with it, so it did not surprise me in the least.

As someone who farmed two Viking Axes, Mercedes enhancements are looking good to me... the problem is now, without an enhancement roadmap to follow, I don't know if it's worth spending gems on her and potentially delaying a more important set of enhancements down the track.

I suppose "enhance if you need the unit for a trial, otherwise don't" is going to be my strategy going forward.

Will be skipping all of the "enhancements" this round. Nine and Mercedes both are nice, but I don't see myself using either one of them anyway. Will hoard mats until Ramza or something else I want comes along. The trial is nice, and glad it's here as I want that GS Mastery although it will probably be difficult to do without a death.

Valentus

More Mercedes Love.

Her best build:

Mercedes 6 Star
FFBEDB Unit Calculator
Right Hand: Viking Axe +125ATK+Water Element
Left Hand: Viking Axe +125ATK+Water Element
Head: Black Cowl +28ATK+25DEF+25SPR+100%Sleep
Body: Brave Suit +51DEF+15%ATK+15%MAG
Accessory 1: Bracer +30ATK+15%HP
Accessory 2: Genji Glove +10%ATK/MAG & Dual Wield
Ability 1: ATK +30% +30% ATK
Ability 2: ATK +30% +30% ATK
Ability 3: ATK +30% +30% ATK
Ability 4: ATK +30% +30% ATK
Pot Stats: HP: 390 MP: 65 ATK: 34 DEF: 26 MAG: 26 SPR: 26
Esper: Odin HP:5450 MP:3955 ATK:6250 DEF:4310 MAG:2075 SPR:2270
Total Stats: HP: 5359 MP: 250 ATK: 937 DEF: 265 MAG: 197 SPR: 193

937 ATK.But axe mastery enhaced gives +100% axe atk. So if Mercedes base ATK is 216, we need to add the extra 50% of the mastery enhaced. (108 ATK)

So, 937+108 = 1045 ATK

And if you have 1 genji glove and you use it in your other OP unit, Mercedes ATK with Dual weild is still 1003 ATK

BEAST.

Xion86

Wow, that was one hell of a lot of announcements to read today...

I've got everything I need to craft for this event now, I just stuck to repeating
Fina's Psyche Frontlines - Power on Power
in the late story area. I don't have Xon, so just use Locke to do one Steal each round (not for much) and the rest attack. Get quite a lot of rewards by the end of it though.

With the crafting items out the way, I'll still continue to use NRG during the day on the same dungeon for all the other Event drops and benefits. Glad the new banner isn't that great so I can save up my tickets (for Cloud ;)) even more.

3% off from my second Quick Assault too!

Oh I also hope the Trial is as fun as the last one and not RNG wipe out annoying.

Pejo

More Mercedes Love.

Her best build:

Mercedes 6 Star
FFBEDB Unit Calculator
Right Hand: Viking Axe +125ATK+Water Element
Left Hand: Viking Axe +125ATK+Water Element
Head: Black Cowl +28ATK+25DEF+25SPR+100%Sleep
Body: Brave Suit +51DEF+15%ATK+15%MAG
Accessory 1: Bracer +30ATK+15%HP
Accessory 2: Genji Glove +10%ATK/MAG & Dual Wield
Ability 1: ATK +30% +30% ATK
Ability 2: ATK +30% +30% ATK
Ability 3: ATK +30% +30% ATK
Ability 4: ATK +30% +30% ATK
Pot Stats: HP: 390 MP: 65 ATK: 34 DEF: 26 MAG: 26 SPR: 26
Esper: Odin HP:5450 MP:3955 ATK:6250 DEF:4310 MAG:2075 SPR:2270
Total Stats: HP: 5359 MP: 250 ATK: 937 DEF: 265 MAG: 197 SPR: 193

937 ATK.But axe mastery enhaced gives +100% axe atk. So if Mercedes base ATK is 216, we need to add the extra 50% of the mastery enhaced. (108 ATK)

So, 937+108 = 1045 ATK

And if you have 1 genji glove and you use it in your other OP unit, Mercedes ATK with Dual weild is still 1003 ATK

BEAST.

This is exactly what I was thinking when I read her enhancements. Mercedes is the only upgrade I'm doing this time. After the upgrade is done, she'll be replacing Gilgamesh on my "main" party. Seven's stuff is good, just not a priority for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom