• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT4| Gacha Crystals, Gacha Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pejo

Gold Member
Shock to no one... Reberta's TM moogle is among the most common drops in the raid gacha.

But, Gumi really doubled down on Crimson Blood moogle drop rates. I'll have my 20 for my illusionary Reberta by tomorrow at the latest.

And of course, Zyrus's moogle is the rarest. Then again, ELT is so much easier this time around, obtaining enough raid coins to pull his rare moogles will be a trivial affair.

Ah man....I hadn't even considered the raid pull having these units' TM moogles. I merged like 10 Zyrus earlier. I could have been sitting on a fat hoard of mage rods. Dammit dammit dammit.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Anyone have a handy trial guide?

See a lot of people with some version of this and I have these:
Noctis
CoD
Refia
Cecil

My bench includes:
Y'shtola
Yun

Rixa

Ah man....I hadn't even considered the raid pull having these units' TM moogles. I merged like 10 Zyrus earlier. I could have been sitting on a fat hoard of mage rods. Dammit dammit dammit.

U wot m8?

Here Iam around 20 pulls made and not a single Zyrus. We were talking in this thread earlier that there is high possibility that Raid Gacha contains moogles again.

Anyone have a handy trial guide?

See a lot of people with some version of this and I have these:
Noctis
CoD
Refia
Cecil

My bench includes:
Y'shtola
Yun

Marie for the 5 man party.
Marie for the 6 man party if you cant get Esper summon done with one go.

My 5 man was: Cecil, Refia, Noctis, Noctis, f.Marie
My 6 man was: Y'shtola, Refia, Noctis, Noctis, Setzer, f.Marie

Two more, then stop.

So I did a 2nd one, but I used a ticket in between (1 billionth Firion). But my 2nd 11 pull

http://imgur.com/XrbLLwQ

o5ZIhSp.gif

Lyrian

I don't have a Marie!

Half of veteran-GAF has Marie up at the moment. She makes the trial trivial outside of dealing with that pesky and buggy Megaflare.

You need at least one healer with 400 SPR and 5000 HP (Refia or Ysh; bring both preferably) to survive Megaflare. Everyone else needs 250 SPR buffed with focus (so at least 225ish) and 5000 HP to survive while defending.

After the opening round, Love You All trivializes the whole fight until the final threshold (40%), where Bahamut may or may not bug out for the remainder of the fight. At 40% he constantly tries to charge up for Megaflare. But if he bugs out, you are home free.

Unless you chaining Orlandeaus, do NOT bring light weapons. Anything else will work just fine.

Go SLOW over the 50% threshold. If you hit the 50 and 40% threshold in the same turn, you are going to have a BAD time and probably wipe (he 99% gravities at the 50% threshold and if you trigger the threshold after that on the same turn....).

*** Running plausible theory on how Bahamut may be bugging out from reddit (as Nazta datamined his AI):

-- Final threshold (40%)
Begin charging Megaflare
3 random elemental AoEs​

After that,

-- If Turn is multiple of 3, begin charging Megaflare

The issue may be IF the following turn after crossing the 40% threshold, which automatically triggers a Megaflare charge is a turn number that would cause a new Megaflare charge (instead of firing off the first Megaflare), Bahamut may get stuck in an infinite loop and never resolve the first or any subsequent Megaflares afterwards.

Coding FAIL, FTW (if true).

Anecdotally, this logic coincides with my run's observations. Bahamut charged up on consecutive turns upon crossing 40% and never fired off another Megaflare for the rest of the fight after that, which enabled my embarrassing run to actually be successful when it shouldn't have.

So I did a 2nd one, but I used a ticket in between (1 billionth Firion). But my 2nd 11 pull

http://imgur.com/XrbLLwQ

Damn it you made me waste my remaining lapis trying for it myself and I got a 3rd Olive.

Honestly dude I allllmooost don't believe you at times with how much you spend on this game and how many pulls you make before getting every single banner unit. I'm not just throwing out this allegation blindly but you are the only poster that's made such claims on all of gaf, gfaqs, and reddit. Just saying. I apologize if that's rude to say.

Damn it you made me waste my remaining lapis trying for it myself and I got a 3rd Olive.

Honestly dude I allllmooost don't believe you at times with how much you spend on this game and how many pulls you make before getting every single banner unit. I'm not just throwing out this allegation blindly but you are the only poster that's made such claims on all of gaf, gfaqs, and reddit. Just saying. I apologize if that's rude to say.

lol that's fine. I would have no reason to make it up though as the few times it's taken me forever and I had to spend a lot of money on units I made it abundantly clear here so yeah.

lol that's fine. I would have no reason to make it up though as the few times it's taken me forever and I had to spend a lot of money on units I made it abundantly clear here so yeah.

True that. I just can't wrap my head around the rarity of rainbows and the rate at which you obtain them. For example on this banner alone,

I've now done 4 separate 11 pulls, spent one daily, and 12 ticket pulls.

That;s 57 pulls, with 1 rainbow(olive) to show for it. From my experience I get a guaranteed rainbow every 100 pulls on worst case scenarios, so I'm still in line with my luck. The only time I caught a break with Exvius is when I spent BANK to get what I want. And the only time I ever have considered myself lucky is when I got Lightning and Luneth as a f2p player. Those days are long gone though as Noctis made me spend BOTH times he was featured. Because of him I'm dolphin status. Maybe close to whale? I don't know anymore.

But now my lapis is gone, my tickets are gone, and I don't know if I'll try to scrap together what I can to daily pull at this point. Woe is me.

Syntsui

Up to 10k lapis saved right now, I hope they keep FFX and III as far away as possible so I can have good chances in getting Rikku and OK.

I wholeheartedly believe him. I also wouldn't be totally surprised if different accounts were weighted behind the scenes to feature rate ups after tripwires of certain dollar thresholds. Gumi's said in the past that it monitors "whale" accounts (whatever that means, depending on the threshold), and the one commonality that an awful lot of us share is that we've had absurd luck with not getting off-banner rainbows.

If I had to estimate where the invisible thumb on the gacha scale was, I think it'd be there. After the crystal change, I can only recall one time it happened to me: when I did a 10+1 for Olive and Dark Fina showed up too.

And I guess at some point, if you'll spend anything for like, 5 Orlandus, maybe that adjustment goes away. Who knows.

This doesn't have Lyrian-approved peer reviewed material, but it just beggars the imagination that most of us have historically had on-banner luck.

Also, I think my account's been downgraded. I either pull 5* units I don't really want (hi Naked Terra) or I get an endless sea of useless blues, but no on-banner blues.

Ouch. Dumping everything into this seemed like a bad decision!

Oh it was. Deep regrets. My line of thinking is that I could get strong weapons as TMRs without grinding for mastery. I kind of want to trash all these Crimson Blood trust moogles so I can reverse psychology myself and pull her after they're gone.

True that. I just can't wrap my head around the rarity of rainbows and the rate at which you obtain them. For example on this banner alone,

I've now done 4 separate 11 pulls, spent one daily, and 12 ticket pulls.

That;s 57 pulls, with 1 rainbow(olive) to show for it. From my experience I get a guaranteed rainbow every 100 pulls on worst case scenarios, so I'm still in line with my luck. The only time I caught a break with Exvius is when I spent BANK to get what I want. And the only time I ever have considered myself lucky is when I got Lightning and Luneth as a f2p player. Those days are long gone though as Noctis made me spend BOTH times he was featured. Because of him I'm dolphin status. Maybe close to whale? I don't know anymore.

But now my lapis is gone, my tickets are gone, and I don't know if I'll try to scrap together what I can to daily pull at this point. Woe is me.

Hey, I get it. I am probably more surprised than anyone at this point, I just kind of laugh and say no fucking way basically every time. I haven't given Gumi any money since the PC banner so it's actually weird it keeps happening. It will happen again I'm sure though. Chizzy original banner, both Goddess banners, Randi and Greg on PC annihalated my wallet. I am sure when either Tidus or OK come out it will happen again.

I wholeheartedly believe him. I also wouldn't be totally surprised if different accounts were weighted behind the scenes to feature rate ups after tripwires of certain dollar thresholds. Gumi's said in the past that it monitors "whale" accounts (whatever that means, depending on the threshold), and the one commonality that an awful lot of us share is that we've had absurd luck with not getting off-banner rainbows.

If I had to estimate where the invisible thumb on the gacha scale was, I think it'd be there. After the crystal change, I can only recall one time it happened to me: when I did a 10+1 for Olive and Dark Fina showed up too.

And I guess at some point, if you'll spend anything for like, 5 Orlandus, maybe that adjustment goes away. Who knows.

This doesn't have Lyrian-approved peer reviewed material, but it just beggars the imagination that most of us have historically had on-banner luck.

Also, I think my account's been downgraded. I either pull 5* units I don't really want (hi Naked Terra) or I get an endless sea of useless blues, but no on-banner blues.

This is interesting to me if it's true, but I guess there's no way to prove anything unless a Gumi whistle blower came out and revealed their secrets. I know China just passed a law recently that forces "gambling games" to reveal the rates behind the scenes, maybe that will eventually go world wide.

Hey, I get it. I am probably more surprised than anyone at this point, I just kind of laugh and say no fucking way basically every time. I haven't given Gumi any money since the PC banner so it's actually weird it keeps happening. It will happen again I'm sure though. Chizzy original banner, both Goddess banners, Randi and Greg on PC annihalated my wallet. I am sure when either Tidus or OK come out it will happen again.

Yeah I bought the big amazon coin bundle too when Players Choice happened, but I didn't make out like a bandit and get DOUBLE coins like you did from an amazon error.
The Tidus/Rikku banner, Onion Knight banner, and Cloud Banner are the big three that I think the majority of players are saving for. I should probably follow suite as I've vowed not to spend anymore money on this god forsaken game. I'm at $1000. I can't believe it myself.

Lyrian

I wouldn't doubt it, to be honest. Actually, I would say that it's more plausible than not. In any gacha game, it is known that the devs pay very close attention to their most profitable accounts. Whether or not these players enjoy unfair benefits over the rest of the population is unknown publicly for sure because gacha games are not formally regulated, I would sure grant the idea the benefit of the doubt.

Naked Terra just got some sweet enhancements in JP? Yeah, that's a million years away from Global still. But, that's going to be a very nice long-term return on investment.

Also, on your nod, I got Crimson Shroud off my 3DS backlog and played around with it. Really scratches that old tabletop RPG itch. It's a bit obtuse in places, but then again it's on a 3DS so sacrifices had to be made for a handheld. Loving the narrative though. RIP Level-5 :/

Doctor_No

Congrats on that awesome luck!!!! The luck in this game is really all over the place, but I don't think I've ever had your streak in this game lol. Here I was feeling lucky that I got two Rebertas with only ~170 pulls.

I can't psych myself up for more damage dealers, especially knowing that I already have three of the "best" characters for the future: WoL, Ramza, and Tilith. Four, if you count Marie, and -- honestly -- I do at this point, considering how bloody useful she is. (Plus Randi and Orlandu, for that matter.)

I hate to preach power creep, but y'know...

Also, on your nod, I got Crimson Shroud off my 3DS backlog and played around with it. Really scratches that old tabletop RPG itch. It's a bit obtuse in places, but then again it's on a 3DS so sacrifices had to be made for a handheld. Loving the narrative though. RIP Level-5 :/

Excellent!

I'm basically a damned sucker for anything with an Alexander O. Smith translation at this point.

SeanTSC

The Tidus/Rikku banner, Onion Knight banner, and Cloud Banner are the big three that I think the majority of players are saving for. I should probably follow suite as I've vowed not to spend anymore money on this god forsaken game. I'm at $1000. I can't believe it myself.

Personally I'm mostly saving for the Tilith and Rikku banners. I fucking will get Tilith this time no matter what (and hopefully 4 Serias too). On the first BF banner the ONLY unit I pulled the entire time was Elza. Not even a single Karl.

Personally I'm mostly saving for the Tilith and Rikku banners. I fucking will get Tilith this time no matter what (and hopefully 4 Serias too). On the first BF banner the ONLY unit I pulled the entire time was Elza. Not even a single Karl.

I completely forgot about Tilith. I don;t have her either. Damn it I hope she isn't as mandatory as some people have claimed her to be.

Congrats Hippo, you lucky sumnabitch.

Panther - I don't remember if we are friends or not, but I'm sharing my Marie that got me through the trial easy peasy.

LucaMac

Xon and Locke any use for farming gem vortex? I read something about it affecting the lower tiers but not higher. Does more than one help? Have two Xons and one Locke...If there's no massive benefit I may just run my TM team through I instead. I want to get Delita a bit shinier. He carried me for so long but has been crying in the corner of my bench since Noctis appeared...

Lost the trial first time around tryin not to kill it while getting summon orbs. Pulled both my first and second Garnet today...might level her up to assist.

Congrats on that awesome luck!!!! The luck in this game is really all over the place, but I don't think I've ever had your streak in this game lol. Here I was feeling lucky that I got two Rebertas with only ~170 pulls.

Thanks man! You as well. 170 for two isn't all that bad considering the rates. I will do dailies everyday in hopes of a 2nd one of her or at least a 2nd Mage.

Sadly she is, the other good healer after Tilith is 5* Ayaka a few months later :/

Having her on my JP account (2 of her actually), I really really hope I pull her for GL.

I know that won't happen though.

I also have my Marie up - don't have Cat-ear hood for her yet but she was helpful for me this morning.

Sadly she is, the other good healer after Tilith is 5* Ayaka a few months later :/
But I'm sure people can manage to do well without her.

uuuuggghh.

On one hand I want Ayaka far more than Tilith. On the other thats getting a 5* base vs. a 4* base. Besides pushing the "full heal" button with Tilith I still fail to see why she's that much more crucial than having Refia or Ysh. I guess I'll just decide and see what happens when we reach that cross road.

Kouriozan

uuuuggghh.

On one hand I want Ayaka far more than Tilith. On the other thats getting a 5* base vs. a 4* base. Besides pushing the "full heal" button with Tilith I still fail to see why she's that much more crucial than having Refia or Ysh. I guess I'll just decide and see what happens when we reach that cross road.
In the first 10 man trial (where you can't bring friend), the boss's second form suck MP of all your units, Tilith will heal and give 50 MP to everyone (beside her), pretty much invaluable.
Otherwise, Aria is also a good 4* healer, her MP heal is a refresh though so it trigger only at the end of your turn (then the boss proceed to steal it >.<)

Then there is Eiko, but also 5*, healers are pretty limited.

EDIT : current best healers in Japan with google translate

1QUYL6E.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom