• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT4| Gacha Crystals, Gacha Money

Status
Not open for further replies.
I gotta say this Bahamut raid has been awesome despite the bots. I started it with only one 6*, no money and only barely enough NRG to try the full versiom or Gilgamesh etc.

With it getting me free levels alongside the mog event I've left with 5 6* units, 2,500,000 gold almost 60 NRG, around 5 weapons close to or above 100 ATK and a fully maxed out Odin I hadn't even attained prior to it starting. It's been a real kick start to my account.

I figure these aren't common, but I really look forward to whenever the next one is and hope it lines up with mog again.

I gotta say this Bahamut raid has been awesome despite the bots. I started it with only one 6*, no money and only barely enough NRG to try the full versiom or Gilgamesh etc.

With it getting me free levels alongside the mog event I've left with 5 6* units, 2,500,000 gold almost 60 NRG, around 5 weapons close to or above 100 ATK and a fully maxed out Odin I hadn't even attained prior to it starting. It's been a real kick start to my account.

I figure these aren't common, but I really look forward to whenever the next one is and hope it lines up with mog again.

That's fantastic! Totally gave you a kick start. I really like the Raid events too.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Got titan, leveled him up. Also put myself at the beginning of the next land. Also cleared out all but elt for the current event.

In terms of content I need to catch up on. Need to do the P1 of the new land, do the new trial on Pro and ELT, and ELT Will.

Celegus

Dang Yoshi your Wilhelm is an absolute monster for the ELT event. Never even got close to being under 50% hp and tanked all the hits like a boss. Brought Ling, Refia and Noctis - super easy!

Anustart

Decided to keep playing, really need some idea what characters to focus on. Like the content I'm up to the only person who does anything is noctis.

Have: (off the top of my head)

Bartz, sozhe, vanille, cod, chizuru, kain, dark Cecil, tellah, and a bunch of others.

Any of those above good? If not, I'll go look and list more.

Kouriozan

Dang Yoshi your Wilhelm is an absolute monster for the ELT event. Never even got close to being under 50% hp and tanked all the hits like a boss. Brought Ling, Refia and Noctis - super easy!
11k HP and almost 600 DEF, yeah his Wilhelm is crazy!
Heres my video of the trial. A savage fight that takes hours to clear.

To all people that sent me request for gilga trial, i will try to add you all in the afternoon, if you have problems with gilga trial, add me. My ID is in the GAF Playbook.
That was amazing, and just LOL at that message you got. (Gumi please!)

Zalasta

Still grinding away at the mog event. Only 3 bonus enemy out of 118 runs so far, definitely one of the worst rate in recent memory.

Muku

I hope GUMI gives us our most grindy event ever to celebrate our one year of grindy events and the kind of grindy events we have to look forward to in the future.

Gumi: Hey, C-murph! We hear you like grinding for in-game stuff while grinding for in-game stuff! So we added some grinding while you are grinding so you can have fun grinding!

Srsly. They hate GL though. So I don't think we're getting any guaranteed Rainbow shit.

Syntsui

Gumi has been impeccable handling Global this year, it's almost like they are a competent company now.

I can't say I don't expect something nice because they surely earned my trust.

Also Global is light years better than Japan in this less than a year time.

Kouriozan

It's my first Gumi game so I never experience Chain Chronicle, all I hard is that Gumi f*cked up so hard in this one.
I did play a ridiculously tiny amount of Brave Frontier, not enough to have an impression.

Celegus

Gumi: Hey, C-murph! We hear you like grinding for in-game stuff while grinding for in-game stuff! So we added some grinding while you are grinding so you can have fun grinding!

Srsly. They hate GL though. So I don't think we're getting any guaranteed Rainbow shit.

Wha? Why would they hate GL? I've been really impressed with the adjustments they've made over JP, I think we've gotten a much better game in the same time frame.

across

If Gumi decide to give people one 5* base of their choice for the anniversary
this will never, ever happen
Who would you want, and how much lapis would you pay to get them?

I'd want Olive. She's pretty easy to equip and I need a finisher way more than another chainer. I'd pay...10k, maybe 15k to get her guaranteed. Mostly F2P so that's about all I can afford. I'd be willing to pay more if I didn't already have a pretty solid team.

There's zero chance of this, but I was idly wondering the same thing the other day. Of the currently available units, I'd probably pick Wilhelm or Aileen.

Wilhelm fills the only effective hole I have in my 5* lineup and given how much use I've gotten out of Snow, FFBE's secret MVP, it'd be a prime upgrade.

Aileen duplicates a role I already have (elemental imperil chainer: Orlandeau) but gives elemental flexibility and sets me up well for Aigaion and... Titan? And apparently chains well with Trance Terra.

Fun to dream, at least.

edit: the narrative of 'Gumi hates GL' or 'GL is the red-headed stepchild' hasn't been true for months, and if you're still holding onto it it's just because you want to, not because it has any merit whatsoever. letitgo.gif

Lyrian

All I'm truly expecting from the anniversary is that +30 max EN boost. Everything else is a plus.

It's starting to get rather hard to accept the opportunity cost for the daily blue trash pull as the EN pool oh-so-slowly gets larger and larger; reached 121 EN today.

While the +30 boost is nice all around, it is an rather significant boost to TM farming efficiency. With 150+ EN, it's very difficult to craft a convincing argument to accept the opportunity cost of 18.75% in net TMs (3.75% to each unit on the TM team) in exchange for the daily Shadow/Lani/Anzlem/Clyne/etc.

Also, while prepping for the future, got Garnet's Curaja to +2. Thats no joke. A shame at the moment, it's locked to a 5* unit. but at +2, Garnet (even at 5*), blows the living hell out of Refia and Ysh in terms of healing power. With 5* stats, Garnet can heal ~2250-2300 per Curaja cast.

Muku

Why? Because I don't feel like there have been that many QoL changes. Plus, they enjoy that whale money.

I also find free pulls bs. I feel like they're more tailored towards pulling bottom barrel bs. :/ I don't neccessarily expect a Rainbow... but shit like Shadow and Anzelm popping out? No thanks. Actually, I feel like pulls lately have been scraping bottom barrel. Lawrence and Clyne shit.

Syntsui

QoL changes being locked to future content is absolute bullshit, there is absolutely no sense in holding them back.

That said,all QoL changes we've received so far, came earlier than Japan received them comparatively. We good.

across

QoL changes being locked to future content is absolute bullshit, there is absolutely no sense in holding them back.

That said,all QoL changes we've received so far, came earlier than Japan received them comparatively. We good.

That's correct. As to your other point, there are two possibilities:

1) Free pulls are changed to a different set of rates because they're free and Gumi can't risk players getting something good for free, otherwise they'd... be happy?
2) Free pulls are exactly the same as every other sort of pull, where the overwhelming odds are you're going to pull garbage, but you notice because they're free and your expectations are different for some reason

Most pulls are shit. It's that way now and it's always going to be that way, unless you're Hippo. Do you think it's different on JP (before the recent Rainbow adjustment, at least)? Have a look at some JP streamer pull videos if so. Clyne and Anzelm and friends are still around there. This is not indicative of developer hate.

I didn't pull anything good on the free pulls, but I didn't expect to, because I've done enough pulls to know what to expect. A friend of mine free pulled Aileen. That's RNG. Everything in this game is RNG. People getting two back-to-back Mikazuchis and claiming Gumi has changed the rates in week 2 of the event? Doubtful; it's RNG. When I pulled two back-to-back rainbows last week, did I get excited because I thought Gumi fast-tracked the 3% Rainbow change? No, I knew it was a fluke of RNG. If I don't pull another rainbow in six months, then I'll probably get pissed off and quit, but I won't be under the mistaken impression that Gumi cursed my bloodline, just that I got stitched up by RNG.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
We've been well ahead of GL changes. And Gumi has definitely improved this year. Between their own events and some changes they seem to be testing, it's definitely made the game better. The recent Mog King, I hope they keep. Same rate, but half the time? Perfect. Basically need to log in 3 times a day to burn all that energy. Really hoping they keep it.

Alongside moving up the crystal change, free pull events, etc. Lots of this came out well before JP got it on their time line. Crystal change for example happened month before the Anni and after Tidus in JPN. We got it a few months ago and before Orlandu.

The new units alone have been fantastic additions too. Largely filling in voids from the JP version and changing it up. Alongside adjusting previous. The Christmas units were undervalued and it turned out, WKN is a beast. Ling is GL Waifu and basically been the MvP of many events. And the past two have had some solid power. They didn't just make one useful dragon unit, but two.

Of course there are many things to improve on still. The absolute biggest QoL change needs to be saved outfits or at least differentiate it based on page. Then let us expand them also.

TM farming suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucks.
I've had the game set up on a macro all day but its sooooo sloooow going.
Can we get a quality of life update to fix this horrendous mechanic????

There is going to be a lot of raids, too.
Final Fantasy XI
Mog King boss
(Monster Hunter we won't get so GL exclusive)
FF XIV Titan
FF XIV Garuda

Thats badass there was a Monster Hunter cross over. Never knew. I love that series so much,

Doctor_No

11k HP and almost 600 DEF, yeah his Wilhelm is crazy! (Gumi please!)

Thanks!

I don't have any tough pots, but if I did I could get him to 12k hp easy, more with survival edge, but I have shining splendor equipped for the off chance of blinding. He doesn't have his TM either so he still has a lot of room to grow. I've noticed other folks BiS builds focus more focused on MP regen with Emperor's Majesty; he still hits 9-10k hp.

I'll be switching my unit back to Rem tomorrow to help with Mog King event.

bonkeng

@bonkeng Can I trouble you to put Diablos on your Orlandu again? I gave Gilgamesh a shot and took him down to 40% or so on one Divine Retribution chain, but only did like another 20% the second round (I think due to buffs / debuffs). I beat him earlier today with a full party, but I want to try the 5-man and hopefully win on one attempt.

Sorry for the late reply, but it's done.

Muku

That's correct. As to your other point, there are two possibilities:

1) Free pulls are changed to a different set of rates because they're free and Gumi can't risk players getting something good for free, otherwise they'd... be happy?
2) Free pulls are exactly the same as every other sort of pull, where the overwhelming odds are you're going to pull garbage, but you notice because they're free and your expectations are different for some reason

Most pulls are shit. It's that way now and it's always going to be that way, unless you're Hippo. Do you think it's different on JP (before the recent Rainbow adjustment, at least)? Have a look at some JP streamer pull videos if so. Clyne and Anzelm and friends are still around there. This is not indicative of developer hate.

I didn't pull anything good on the free pulls, but I didn't expect to, because I've done enough pulls to know what to expect. A friend of mine free pulled Aileen. That's RNG. Everything in this game is RNG. People getting two back-to-back Mikazuchis and claiming Gumi has changed the rates in week 2 of the event? Doubtful; it's RNG. When I pulled two back-to-back rainbows last week, did I get excited because I thought Gumi fast-tracked the 3% Rainbow change? No, I knew it was a fluke of RNG. If I don't pull another rainbow in six months, then I'll probably get pissed off and quit, but I won't be under the mistaken impression that Gumi cursed my bloodline, just that I got stitched up by RNG.

Actually, my pulls recently have been uber garbage. And that's beyond the free pulls. I feel like though with free pulls they up the bull shit. Bargain bin, no one wants their TM shit. Even with dailies and ticket pulls mine have been awful. It's been like that for a couple months now. And getting something on banner? Can give that up. I seriously just feel like they've fudged the odds for getting something actually on banner. Even the blues.

I guess right now my frustration comes from bottom of the barrel blues. I've seen more Shadows, Clynes, and shitty ass Lawrences than I have in a long time. On both accounts to be fair. It's not like one is getting love over the other. And the fact I just cannot pull anything worth a damn on alt. It's gotta be the worst feelings. If I didn't have my main, I'd have quite BE to be honest. Either things are going to get really good there at some point, or it's going to be an empty pit of nothing. (Going for latter.)

Syntsui

TM farming suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucks.
I've had the game set up on a macro all day but its sooooo sloooow going.
Can we get a quality of life update to fix this horrendous mechanic????

Thats badass there was a Monster Hunter cross over. Never knew. I love that series so much,
Apparently that's exactly what's coming to Japan. Some kind of dispatch mission to level up the TM.

I think we are about to get to a point where leveling up TMs will be almost trivial, but we will have to farm several of them due to the weapon enhancements mechanic.

Takuan

Sorry for the late reply, but it's done.

Thanks, I'll give it a try when my energy refreshes.

Edit: Got him down to a sliver before I was unable to keep him sealed and died promptly. I really shouldn't be brute forcing this fight, I guess, but damn it, I just want that +30 atk materia already.

176 560 599
I freed up a few spaces, if anyone doesn't have me on their list, shoot me a request.

Doctor_No, I tried sending you a friend request but you're full. Can you add me?

Visceir

Finally decided to catch up with the trials on JP and did the ice bird Glacial trial and the 10-unit trials Elnath (mechanical brainface) and Sheratan (tree lady).

Key units I used:
Wilhelm
with enhancements ~11k hp and like ~550 def/spr.
+100% AoE def/spr buff skill materia
red nose accessory (+20% attract)
21O materia with counter heals
Sword with Full break -40% all stats skill for good measure.
1PYujEbr.jpg

Ramza with enhancements, mostly for his -60% atk/mag breaks.

Tidus was the damage dealing mvp for Glacial, Treelady got wrecked by Nyx and Robobrain got taken care by new CG Sakura unit lightning spam.

End result of all the gear I got? Just +10% spr short of 800 spr Ramza.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Decided to use a few tickets to see if I could net Will. No good. Oh well. Shouldn't push my luck after getting Orlandu and Rem this past month.

But him and Marie would be the two I'm interested in.

bonkeng

Finally decided to catch up with the trials on JP and did the ice bird Glacial trial and the 10-unit trials Elnath (mechanical brainface) and Sheratan (tree lady).

Key units I used:
Wilhelm
with enhancements ~11k hp and like ~550 def/spr.
+100% AoE def/spr buff skill materia
red nose accessory (+20% attract)
21O materia with counter heals
Sword with Full break -40% all stats skill for good measure.

Ramza with enhancements, mostly for his -60% atk/mag breaks.

Tidus was the damage dealing mvp for Glacial, Treelady got wrecked by Nyx and Robobrain got taken care by new CG Sakura unit lightning spam.

End result of all the gear I got? Just +10% spr short of 800 spr Ramza.

Serious question.

Why is your Wilhelm not locked?

across

Decided to use a few tickets to see if I could net Will. No good. Oh well. Shouldn't push my luck after getting Orlandu and Rem this past month.

But him and Marie would be the two I'm interested in.

Yeah, I'm looking at my ticket stash and trying to evaluate if he's worth the expenditure to chase. A 5* tank seems like a hell of a future investment. I don't care about Elza, Vargas, Tidus, etc. coming up, so I dunno...

Lyrian

Heads up,

Reddit is reporting that an international source is claiming that Global is getting the 2nd FF14 Raid (Titan) to coincide with the launch of FF14's latest expansion (scheduled to launch on June 20th). That would put the start of the raid on the 16th, which is exactly two weeks after the end of the current Mog King event.

Mog King --> Story Event --> FF14 Raid?

across

Heads up,

Reddit is reporting that an international source is claiming that Global is getting the 2nd FF14 Raid (Titan) to coincide with the launch of FF14's latest expansion (scheduled to launch on June 20th). That would put the start of the raid on the 16th, which is exactly two weeks after the end of the current Mog King event.

That's the JP pattern, IIRC. King Mog (2 weeks) -> Story -> Raid/Trial -> (next week) Raid/Trial. New set of Enhancements rolls out around the second week.

Thanks, I'll give it a try when my energy refreshes.

Edit: Got him down to a sliver before I was unable to keep him sealed and died promptly. I really shouldn't be brute forcing this fight, I guess, but damn it, I just want that +30 atk materia already.

The tactic is to get a full evasion Ling friend. One of us here should be able to help you with that. I know I'm close to being able to do so.

Muku

So, serious question. What makes Ace good? I assume he is decent anyway. Anytime I've used him, I've been less than thrilled at his performance. Of course, gave him Draco Spike earlier today and haven't tested him out since. But what are his good moves? I imagine he isn't going to hit as hard as some other mages.

Chinner

Banned
So, serious question. What makes Ace good? I assume he is decent anyway. Anytime I've used him, I've been less than thrilled at his performance. Of course, gave him Draco Spike earlier today and haven't tested him out since. But what are his good moves? I imagine he isn't going to hit as hard as some other mages.
I hear duel wield makes him alot better.

across

Wild Card is a MAG-scaling hybrid attack, or whatever we're calling it. Scales off of MAG, but hits twice if you have DW equipped, and benefits from physical killer abilities (from Espers, from abilities) as well as inheriting the element of your weapon(s).

This is also why Rem is so good in GL; Dagger Boomerang is the same type of attack.

Ace with enhancements turns into a pretty beastly supporty nuker, as I understand it.

Ken

After enhancements Ace gets AoE MP recovery and Fire/Thunder/Light AOE 75% Imperil on his Tri-Laser.

He's pretty meh right now with his Wild Card being his only saving grace afaik.

Heads up,

There was some producer interview that mentioned wanting to put out the second FF14 raid on GL soon so maybe it was from that. Same interview that mentioned "Dispatch TMR missions."

across

Ramza has a great TM and becomes a. Axing with enhancements dude.

Yeah Ramza is really good. I pulled my first one the day after he was put into the game.

Dupe rainbows are, in some ways, more frustrating than no rainbows. Well, questionable dupe rainbows like a second Ramza. You go, 'Why the fuck weren't you the banner unit?', followed by, 'Why the fuck, if you were off-banner, couldn't you be one of the 10 5* bases I don't have?' followed by 'Why the fuck, if you were an off-banner unit I had already pulled, couldn't you be a valuable dupe like Gilgamesh?'

This is what I was referring to earlier when I was talking about getting stitched up by RNG, though. It just happens.

bonkeng

Yeah Ramza is really good. I pulled my first one the day after he was put into the game.

Dupe rainbows are, in some ways, more frustrating than no rainbows. Well, questionable dupe rainbows like a second Ramza. You go, 'Why the fuck weren't you the banner unit?', followed by, 'Why the fuck, if you were off-banner, couldn't you be one of the 10 5* bases I don't have?' followed by 'Why the fuck, if you were an off-banner unit I had already pulled, couldn't you be a valuable dupe like Gilgamesh?'

This is what I was referring to earlier when I was talking about getting stitched up by RNG, though. It just happens.

This is exactly what's in mind every time i pull a damn Ramza. I'm on my 4th one now. Why can't it be a dupe Greg or Noctis. Or any other 5* bases that i don't have like Queen, Ace, Emperor and DFina.

across

This is exactly what's in mind every time i pull a damn Ramza. I'm on my 4th one now. Why can't it be a dupe Greg or Noctis. Or any other 5* bases that i don't have like Queen, Ace, Emperor and DFina.

Yup. Ah well.

I just burned my two 4* tickets and about 40 normal tickets trying for Wilhelm in a fit of pique. I got him! But now I'm probably going to get blown up trying for Rikku and/or Ashe. Easy come, easy go, I guess... probably not worth it, but yolo and all that.

At least I got a second Zyrus on the way.

Kouriozan

WoL with that Nier Automata materia is pretty broken (the one that counter with ~1000HP heal), I'm seeing video where he heals to full every turn, he also has his counter magic with 25% HP/MP heal, I can see why he's the best tank in Japan after enhancements.
For example : 2 man Garuda trial (WoL + 2B)
Yup. Ah well.

I just burned my two 4* tickets and about 40 normal tickets trying for Wilhelm in a fit of pique. I got him! But now I'm probably going to get blown up trying for Rikku and/or Ashe. Easy come, easy go, I guess... probably not worth it, but yolo and all that.

At least I got a second Zyrus on the way.
Gratz! He is totally worth it, good luck for Rikku!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom