• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT4| Gacha Crystals, Gacha Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zalasta

Do we know how much of an increase in slots? It sucks that this comes right after the FFXIV summon expires, because I could really use it to save more of the king cactaurs :(

Does anyone know if maintenance screws up the 30 day mail timer? My oldest one was received back on 5/8 and it still hasn't automatically cleared yet, that's older than 30 days and I can't explain it other than maintenance.

Rixa

This saves me so I dont need to buy more unit slots and especially EQ slots.
Unit slots are 375 and EQ 175 (same with materia) abilities are around 90 or so.
+ 50 to those, nice <3

Celegus

Nice to see slot increase!

Also this summer banner throws a big wrench into my plans. I really want Seabreeze DF. It's only appropriate.

giphy.gif

Kouriozan

Do we know how much of an increase in slots? It sucks that this comes right after the FFXIV summon expires, because I could really use it to save more of the king cactaurs :(

Does anyone know if maintenance screws up the 30 day mail timer? My oldest one was received back on 5/8 and it still hasn't automatically cleared yet, that's older than 30 days and I can't explain it other than maintenance.
It's 50 more slots to every inventory.

No info on free pull and the guaranteed 5* too but we now they are coming. I just really hope they are up until Tidus and Rikku are added to the pool.

Hopefully everything will be available for at least a month.

Those are on the 29th not this week. I guess the non 5* one couldn end up being this week and they just aren't gonna say anything until Thursday or something. So with all that news we get a banner I give no poops about. Which is probably a good thing with FFX next week.

Also RIP to all the people waiting on WoL.

Visceir

With the insta-craft update it should be also easy to get the 500 lapis crafting achievements. I imagine they will also compensate all the lapis spent on expanding crafint slots, like it was done on JP.

Summer units banner is an easy pass for me.

Alkez

I seem to remember seeing photos of olive and the other characters from her banner when the last free 11x came around. They released the same day.

Now the banner the next week definitely was NOT included or updated into the free 11x but the banner from the same day was, if I am not mistaken.

Ah you might be right. I think I'm thinking of the free daily summon. The last one I remember was alongside the bahumet banner and I don't think they were in the gacha.

bonkeng

I did 2 more multis. Finally got Tilith. The rest of the pulls are total trash. Raksasha and co. Felt like i pulled a Rainbow when I saw Tilith.

So 3 multis + 20 tickets/dailies got me Vargas, Tilith and 2 Seria. Worth it.

Realized something yesterday. I don't know who I want from my rainbow pull. I have Orlandeau as chained and Agrias too whenever she gets her 6*. I have Tilith and Y'shtola as healers and have no plans of leaving without Rikku either. Cecil for a tank.

Is there a gaping whole in my team I'm not seeing? I figured maybe a finisher would be good, but since dual Orlandeau is the way to go until Agrias 6* I can't opt for a friend finisher.

I kept thinking to myself that I want Noctis but with Orlandeau they'll be fighting over fear. Would an Olive be a good fit maybe?

Rixa

Realized something yesterday. I don't know who I want from my rainbow pull... be a good fit maybe?

Then you pull Queen and randomly in same multi you get Lightning. Better not to think what you will get from that guaranteed 5* pull. Planning ahead in pulling only leads to disappointment.

4.54% Chance to get that "one" Rainbow.

Then you pull Queen and randomly in same multi you get Lightning. Better not to think what you will get from that guaranteed 5* pull. Planning ahead in pulling only leads to disappointment.

4.54% Chance to get that "one" Rainbow.

True I guess, but I also kinda feel like I'm gonna be hard pressed to get one I can't find a use for. Lightning is still one of my strongest when dealing with groups due to dual wield despite being about 200 ATK behind Orlandeau. I'd be happy with basically anything but a single Lightning dupe.

Kouriozan

So JP does indeed love their double rainbow banner since the rainbow rates bump, if you thought you'd get featured rainbow more easily, think again!

Niahak

Is there a gaping whole in my team I'm not seeing? I figured maybe a finisher would be good, but since dual Orlandeau is the way to go until Agrias 6* I can't opt for a friend finisher.

It's probably better to think of your pool of units rather than a specific 5-character team, since who you take in will depend on the situation:

Debuffers aren't very useful if the target resists break
Elemental buffs (from Minfillia/Marie) are only useful in element-based trials (e.g. ifrit/siren)
Chainers are almost always useful, but some trials demand sustainability over damage, especially if you have a team size restriction. You may only be able to bring in one damage-dealer.
Noctis is weird since he's a backup "everything" (can buff/debuff, resurrect, HP/MP regen, evade tank, and DPS) except chaining.

Who goes into a team depends a lot on the situation especially for trials, for example Cecil is a fine tank most of the time, but sometimes Snow is better since he counters a lot more frequently and attracts attacks rather than covering others. WoL will be another reasonable option if/when he gets his 6* (and of course Wilhelm/WK Noel also exist for those who have them).

I would like either Ramza or Marie from my pull, but I don't expect to get either. I think as long as I don't get Lightning, Luneth or Queen I'll be pleased, and TBH I'm pretty happy with my team as is.

bonkeng

This might be a bit late, but those who've yet to cash in on Titan Coins, use your extra copy of Y'shtola or any worthless 5* unit (the troll 5* Hopes and Duanes you've pulled before) as your experience vessel. A max 5* unit gives 460k exp.

This might be a preferable method than randomly leveling units you know you won't use.

It's probably better to think of your pool of units rather than a specific 5-character team, since who you take in will depend on the situation:

Debuffers aren't very useful if the target resists break
Elemental buffs (from Minfillia/Marie) are only useful in element-based trials (e.g. ifrit/siren)
Chainers are almost always useful, but some trials demand sustainability over damage, especially if you have a team size restriction. You may only be able to bring in one damage-dealer.
Noctis is weird since he's a backup "everything" (can buff/debuff, resurrect, HP/MP regen, evade tank, and DPS) except chaining.

Who goes into a team depends a lot on the situation especially for trials, for example Cecil is a fine tank most of the time, but sometimes Snow is better since he counters a lot more frequently and attracts attacks rather than covering others. WoL will be another reasonable option if/when he gets his 6* (and of course Wilhelm/WK Noel also exist for those who have them).

I would like either Ramza or Marie from my pull, but I don't expect to get either. I think as long as I don't get Lightning, Luneth or Queen I'll be pleased, and TBH I'm pretty happy with my team as is.

Yeah I'm trying to expand my options as I go. My pulls have been pretty good all round. I've got Snow sitting in the sidelines and I should probably awaken Minfilia if I have the orbs left at the end of the Mog event.

To be honest regardless of who I pull I'll likely be running into the same barrier I am now which is gearing all these characters out effectively. That seems to be the real time sink.

Alkez

No clue who Aranea is since I only played FF15 a couple of hours but that sprite is God awful.

Yeah it's a shame cause she was a cool character in the game. I would have gone in for her (assuming she was half decent ofc) but not with that sprite.

This might be a bit late, but those who've yet to cash in on Titan Coins, use your extra copy of Y'shtola or any worthless 5* unit (the troll 5* Hopes and Duanes you've pulled before) as your experience vessel. A max 5* unit gives 460k exp.

This might be a preferable method than randomly leveling units you know you won't use.

That's actually pretty smart. Never really thought of that.

Banking on people who don't follow social media and don't know Rikku is right after this.

This is why I expected them to do a random banner like Dark Destroyers 2 or FF1. Few people are going to pull with 10 round the corner. I feel this is a wasted banner cause it's not actually that bad.

Muku

THE WOL eludes us still, the longer he gets delayed the more Garland becomes irrelevant, this is a travesty, I want to knock people down.

This is what pisses me off. I want 6* Garland, but if we can't even get 6* WoL...

Also, okay yall got bathing suit waifus... where are the bathing suit husbandos? So one sided. :|

Pejo

Man, those beach units kinda suck. Same basic moveset as their counterparts with some misc. water related skills thrown in. Summer Fina especially looks shit.

Doing 1 10+1 for waifu reasons anyways.

Looked at that JP banner. Awesome that we'll eventually get Cor, sucks that Aranea's sprite is helmet-on and looks kinda bad.

Still plugging away at the event. Got almost everything I want now, so everything from today onwards I can devote to enhancement crysts. Should be able to get quite a few before the event ends as long as my Metal Gods luck stays good.

Muku

Why do we need anything in bathing suits to be honest? Shit is dumb.

Well, I agree. I just think if we're going to do this shit though, should be good for both sides. Always the waifus.

Yesterday rolling on JPN.. I ended up getting Bathing Suit Dark Fina and didn't realize that was a thing. And I was like WTF??? But now it make sense.

Celegus

Why do we need anything in bathing suits to be honest? Shit is dumb.
It's seriously one of the worst JRPG tropes and manages to sneak its way into so many of them. Do not want. I don't remember, are these hopefully limited time only so I won't get trolled by them later on?

Also the whole waifu thing... arent Fina and Lid only like 16? Such creep.

Well, I agree. I just think if we're going to do this shit though, should be good for both sides. Always the waifus.

Yesterday rolling on JPN.. I ended up getting Bathing Suit Dark Fina and didn't realize that was a thing. And I was like WTF??? But now it make sense.

No I get you for sure. I have just never seen the appeal of some anime/cartoon people in bathing suits/naked. Shit is just weird to me.

Niahak

It's seriously one of the worst JRPG tropes and manages to sneak its way into so many of them. Do not want. I don't remember, are these hopefully limited time only so I won't get trolled by them later on?

Agreed on the "this is dumb". At least we haven't had a bath/beach scene in the story yet, which usually goes along with this nonsense.

People are saying they were added to the unit pool permanently in JP, so unfortunately they are not limited time only.

The summer units are pretty blah.

I'm assuming that the trust moogles given out only for the summer FFBE banner? Because I would love it if those were given out also for the once-a-day 250 lapis banner, but I doubt it.

Also the whole waifu thing... arent Fina and Lid only like 16? Such creep.

They are permanent units. You will pull both Lid and regular Fina at some point. I pulled about a million of them yesterday rerolling in JPN.

Which by the way anyone that plays JPN how is my starting team? CG Fina, Veritas of Light, Veritas of the Earth, Mistair and Glauca. Is that pretty good for a start or should I just keep rerolling until I get a top tier physical?

They are permanent units. You will pull both Lid and regular Fina at some point. I pulled about a million of them yesterday rerolling in JPN.

Which by the way anyone that plays JPN how is my starting team? CG Fina, Veritas of Light, Veritas of the Earth, Mistair and Glauca. Is that pretty good for a start or should I just keep rerolling until I get a top tier physical?

Waifu Fina and two Veritas? Nice roll. JPN feels weird right now coasting my way through with whatever I have. I'd have asked for team advice too but I'm fairly certain outside of Fina and Noctis it was all trash lol. Just gonna build up lapis and wait for another good banner I figure.

I did get a sea of girls in bikinis and wondered where that came from though. Honestly I was hoping they were just back for the summer :/

One of the girls found her way into my team though since it insisted on most of golds being her.

robotuw

Overnight energy and a level up got me a ton of crimson ore. I've got all the essentials now, so I just have to see how many more giancrysts I can stuff down my pants in the next week. I've come around on this event. I had a bad first impression when it took over a day to get any metal gods but now they are plentiful. The equipment is still too expensive though.

I'm holding off on buying the kelsus shards for a few days. People will be able to summon him tomorrow and we can clear up this business with his awakening cost.

New banner looks ok but the looming ones are too good. Not making the units limited makes it easy to skip. That DFina swimsuit would work great on TT. Too bad she refuses to wear clothes ¯\_(&#12484;)_/¯. One idea though: give beach time fina her VLC hat, call it "Party Fina" and I'll pull.

Syntsui

I'll be so done with the Mog King by the time the update rolls, I'll farm the new Maze soooooo hard. They need to give character slots for that to happen though, so I hope it includes them.

Stay strong gaf..
It's almost anniversary for your wild , wild pulling!
Stashed 7k lapis, 20 tix, 1 4* tix, and bave to do a LOT of story stuff still :)
Ai berievu ai ken frai!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom