• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FINAL FANTASY Community Thread: XV Mainline Entries and Counting

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
FFC.png

Welcome to the Official FINAL FANTASY Community Thread on NeoGAF. Here we will discuss FINAL FANTASY and each unique entry in the series.

rules.png

The rules are simple. This thread is in place to help keep the vast majority of off-topic FINAL FANTASY discussion in one place. We've had a lot of issues with specific FF threads being derailed with "My FF is better than your FF" garbage.

• No dirty, obnoxious fanart.
  • Please don't insult other members for any reason. Let's all have fun here.
  • No linking to scans or any other content that doesn't belong here. You should know this already.
  • This isn't really a thread for news, so please keep that in their respective topics.
  • To be helpful in discussion, please list the FF game you're talking about in bold at the start of your post.

So for example:

FINAL FANTASY XII
    Balthier is one of the best characters in this game...

etc.
  • Unmarked spoilers are allowed for now, this may change in the future.
  • Be constructive. Things like "lol, Nomura sucks, belts zippers." is not acceptable.

This thread will eventually be moved to the Community section of the forum. Enjoy your stay until then.

Thanks to dramatis for the banner!​

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Kalnos said:
No rules on rankings? :p

Ah, I see, so it's the garbage thread sort of.

More like, discussion thread to keep things like rankings and nonsense out of the actual news threads.

Boney

Banned
what's obnoxious fanart?

somebody can find FF characters made into ponies obnoxious, is that banned?

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Boney said:
what's obnoxious fanart?

somebody can find FF characters made into ponies obnoxious, is that banned?

That falls into obnoxious, yes :p
Maybe I should change the rule to NO fanart!

Dascu

No dirty, obnoxious fanart.
So no Nomura artwork? Oh wait, fanart. Dammit.

Magnus said:
Who/what is the character in the crystal in the banner above, between the L of Final and the F of Fantasy?
That's duckroll.

Edit: From FINAL FANTASY XXVII-2: Fabula Nova Moderatio

Emitan

Magnus said:
Who/what is the character in the crystal in the banner above, between the L of Final and the F of Fantasy?

I recognize it, but it's driving me nuts that I can't place it.
Duckroll.

StuBurns

Banned
Magnus said:
The only place I know that name from is...neogaf? Neogaf > Final Fantasy > Neogaf?

I feel like I'm being rickrolled right now. What's the joke? lol
It's the avatar of a GAFfer, that's it.

Valentus

FINAL FANTASY VI

The only Final Fantasy that could have a coherent "VI-2" sequel in terms of story and universe.

Aeana

Magnus said:
The only place I know that name from is...neogaf? Neogaf > Final Fantasy > Neogaf?

The banner contains avatars of some GAF members, that's all.

Emitan

Magnus said:

NeoGAF > NeoGAF > NeoGAF

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Considering this is the Community thread, shouldn't it be in the Community forum?

Skilletor

Nomura is the 2nd best thing to happen to the Final Fantasy series.

The first best thing is:

Final Fantasy XII

Gambits > *

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Final Fantasy X

Auron is like the best FF character ever.

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain, or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!"

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
ZealousD said:
Considering this is the Community thread, shouldn't it be in the Community forum?

If you read the OP ;) You'll know it'll move there in time. It's in Gaming for now to build up a user base.

Aeana

Skilletor said:

The first best thing is:

Final Fantasy XII

Gambits > *
FF12 popularizing that sort of AI scripting has been a wonderful thing and has had a great effect on other game franchises, including Dragon Age and Tales. I want to see more of it-

you are my antithesis. Nomura is singlehandedly responsible for the artistic graveyard of the series. My god his designs are literally of the level of my kid sister cutting scraps of crap and taping it to her barbie dolls.

Emitan

Alpha-Bromega said:
you are my antithesis. Nomura is singlehandedly responsible for the artistic graveyard of the series. My god his designs are literally of the level of my kid sister cutting scraps of crap and taping it to her barbie dolls.
Yes! This is what I came here for!

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Hey look, I've been crystallized! Great thread Kagari.

Anyway, what top 3 FF games had the best cutscenes? I'd say FFX, FFVIII, and FFVI.

Pranay

ULTROS! said:
Hey look, I've been crystallized! Great thread Kagari.

Anyway, what top 3 FF games had the best cutscenes? I'd say FFX, FFVIII, and FFVI.

FF X had great cutscenes.

Kissing Scene at lake side was great

Sydle

XIII still blows me away at just how bad it turned out. There's not one redeeming quality about it. Nomura is a disaster.

ULTROS! said:

VIII >>> VII > X

I hate VIII, but the cut scenes were very well done.

daffy

Banned
A community thread with rules, this shall be quite interesting.
Hmmm..
Yesss, quite.

No insults or fanart is a rough pill to swallow LOL

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Ninja Kn1ght said:
Final Fantasy XII

How awesome would a release of FFXII IZJS on PSN be? The best Final Fantasy but better.

I have a feeling it might be remastered on its own similar to FFX.

Emitan

Boney said:
what about that laughing scene
The Citizen Kane of video games.

I really need to play Final Fantasy IV some time. I have it just sitting around, I need to put it in my SNES and play it.

Haunted said:
Final Fantasy VI > your favourite FF

real talk.
But it is my favorite!

Top Bottom