• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy composers say Final Fantasy XII Remake is coming

Status
Not open for further replies.

careksims

If this is true... DAY ONE! FF12 is one of my favorite FF games of all time. Also the last good FF game that's not a MMO. I love anything Ivalice.

B.K.

If they are remastering it, I hope it comes to Vita, too. I played X HD more on Vita than I did PS3. If it's based on the International version, I hope they add in an option to change jobs during the game. I don't really like the characters being locked into one job the whole game, It kind of defeats the purpose of the job system.

clem84

Gold Member
How long did it take for FFX remaster to be released after it was officially announced? I'm not too sure but it took a long time. 2-3 years?

This one hasn't even been officially announced yet and seeing how long SE takes to produce their games, don't expect this one anytime soon.

Can't wait to revisit the Cerobi Steppe, one of the most majestic landscapes in videogames. It's already massive, but then you can go over to the edges and see more fields, large bodies of water in canyons below with islands on them... there's just something incredibly epic about that, and many environments in FFXII get similar praise from me. I think I put something like 250 hours into the game, getting everyone to 99 and just basically doing everything but I'd do it all again in a heartbeat.

sweenster

So how many Final Fantasy projects are in the works now?

• FF XIV Expansions
  • FF XV
  • FF VII Port
  • FF VII Remake
  • FF XII Remake
  • World of Final Fantasy

Seems like a lot to me

Parfait

nmatnEd.gif

My favorite Final Fantasy is coming back to me, oh god

Im unsure if i can handle this, help

Roto13

How long did it take for FFX remaster to be released after it was officially announced? I'm not too sure but it took a long time. 2-3 years?

This one hasn't even been officially announced yet and seeing how long SE takes to produce their games, don't expect this one anytime soon.

X HD took forever. I'm hoping the reason this seems to have been such a long time coming is because they've been avoiding a similar situation and are waiting for it to be closer to release before announcing it.

Bloodrage

Banned
A remaster is what they mean right? Why remake the game? It was perfect and still looks really good. FFXII is still my favorite FF.

• FF XIV Expansions
  • FF XV
  • FF VII Port
  • FF VII Remake
  • FF XII Remake
  • World of Final Fantasy

Seems like a lot to me

You forgot Final Fantasy explorers for 3DS, well I mean it's done but western release is being worked on. Also doubt the FF7 port would take much at all.

Zomba13

Of course it's "just" a remaster. Probably PS4/Xbone (or maybe just PS4?) with 1080p/60. Probably slightly improved textures on a certain persons weird ass abs.

Would actually prefer if they don't touch the models or textures so the don't end up changing them in weird ways for no reason like with FFX HD. Just 1080p and it'll look great. The textures are already really good. Just check out any emulated screen shot.

Roto13

It was? DF had nothing but praise for it

ffycrpl.png

ff1ixqsh.png

ff2qepmq.png

The PS4 version has a broken RNG that's actually not random at all. The music also resets every time you get into a battle so you spend a lot of time hearing the intros to the same songs over and over again.

RamzaIsCool

The Amiga Brotherhood
That would be amazing but I have to imagine they are looking at this like a cash grab. Get it out looking pretty and keep the costs low.

Wouldn't him fixing the script basically mean new content and new productions costs to record voices etc?

Probably, but seeing how Square Enix is seemingly becoming an awesome developer again. Who knows?

FFXII is probably my favourite mainline FF game, but I still have "a missed oppurtunity" feeling when looking back to that game.

Athreous

Ok, I really think that the world is comming to an end, so They'll release all our dreams at once =D

FFXV
FFVII Remake
FFXII HD Remaster
RE 2 Remake
Iga's Ritual of the Night
VP like new rpg

I'm waiting for Valkyrie Profile 2 HD Remaster then I'm rdy to leave this world xD

Faustek

• FF XIV Expansions
  • FF XV
  • FF VII Port
  • FF VII Remake
  • FF XII Remake
  • World of Final Fantasy

Seems like a lot to me

Seems as the perfect amount.
We're best not to add explorers. That game was sad.

faridmon

HOLY SHIT!!!

I really wanted to get a PS3 for all the games I have missed but I am getting that console that gets that game!

dci260

CAPTAIN BASCH! Man, I can't wait to finally finish this game when it comes it, I loved what I can remember of it.

The PS4 version has a broken RNG that's actually not random at all. The music also resets every time you get into a battle so you spend a lot of time hearing the intros to the same songs over and over again.
The RNG is broken and the music is broken. But I haven't opened my PS4 copy. I only play on Vita. My PS4 LE is sealed. :)

Damn, do you know if that got patched at any point? FFX was one of my favorites and this news makes me want to replay it...

Son Of D

It was? DF had nothing but praise for it

I think he's referring to the music glitch where the songs restart after battle instead of continuing from where they were as well as the RNG glitch which meant that you'd get the same equipment drop from a boss even if you quit and loaded up your save again.

With this news i have a question if we end up getting ff12hd ZSS job system can you still?

equip the summons to any character like in the normal NA version . since my favorite characters to equip them have always been peneno and ashe

Mengetsu

The only thing I want done sound wise is the voices to be mixed so it down sound like everyones talking through a fucking tin can throughout the game.

Nerokis

That would be amazing but I have to imagine they are looking at this like a cash grab. Get it out looking pretty and keep the costs low.

Wouldn't him fixing the script basically mean new content and new productions costs to record voices etc?

It's pretty clear a lot of love was put into FFX/X-2 HD, along with the Kingdom Hearts remasters. I expect FFXII HD to be a legit product, no less than any other new game, not just a "cash grab".

But yeah, the development infrastructure in place will probably be more tilted toward tweaking existing content, and not really for creating entire new story chapters. It would be really cool for Matsuno to play a role with the remaster, though.

SephLuis

I didn't liked the little I played of FF XII, but might give this a chance.

I just hope they remake 6 or 8 or 9 or Tactics after this.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
CAPTAIN BASCH! Man, I can't wait to finally finish this game when it comes it, I loved what I can remember of it.

Damn, do you know if that got patched at any point? FFX was one of my favorites and this news makes me want to replay it...

I don't think it's a big deal. I'd play it if I had a PS4 and no Vita or PS3 (or even if I had these, I'd still pick PS4). The RNG is not a big deal except for, I think, for hardcore players.

Goteki_45

YESSSSS!! about bloody time.

Really wanted to play this again on the ps2, but got rid of the ps2 ages ago (for free)

Biggest regret :(

Faustek

The RNG is broken and the music is broken. But I haven't opened my PS4 copy. I only play on Vita. My PS4 LE is sealed. :)

hah, same here :) I actually have my PS3 copy sealed as well.

I'm not getting my hopes up for it.

Maybe the only glimmer of hope is that Sony didn't do any of the publishing for XII like they did for X.

hmm, wasn't Ubisoft involved in some way as well? Or was it just as a distributor?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom