• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: The Crystal Bearers (TGS Trailer)

Olaeh

Threi said:
why am i just now noticing that layle has sideburns

*edit*

2zzsqqf.jpg

Just when I thought he couldn't be any more awesome...

AniHawk said:
This is going to be the Wii's best game by a wide margin.
Listening to some of that music, watching some of those vids... I kind of think you might be right.

Galaxy is the shit, but this is... I wanna say fresh... but it feels odd when talking about Final Fantasy. So instead I'll say fun.

This looks really fun.

I'm totally on board with it. I probably won't get it on the 26th, but I definitely plan on getting it sometime soon after. This will be my belated Christmas gift.

Amir0x

Banned
Thunder Monkey said:
Listening to some of that music, watching some of those vids... I kind of think you might be right.

Galaxy is the shit, but this is... I wanna say fresh... but it feels odd when talking about Final Fantasy. So instead I'll say fun.

This looks really fun.

I'm totally on board with it. I probably won't get it on the 26th, but I definitely plan on getting it sometime soon after. This will be my belated Christmas gift.

There is no way this game is going to be better than Super Mario Galaxy (although making such a comparison feels idiotic, considering i doubt you could have two more different games heh)

But, it is factually going to be better than FFXIII. That is factually a fact from a factland!

AniHawk

Amir0x said:
There is no way this game is going to be better than Super Mario Galaxy (although making such a comparison feels idiotic, considering i doubt you could have two more different games heh)

But, it is factually going to be better than FFXIII. That is factually a fact from a factland!

Have you gotten around to playing NyxQuest yet?

Amir0x

Banned
yeah it's pretty good, much better than Lost Winds. More challenging and more clever platforming challenges.

Have not finished it yet but that's only because I get distracted easily with my massive backlog.

Amir0x said:

It's not idiotic to me!

Amir0x said:

It'll still be up there as one of the top 5 Wii games.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I got around to listening to those track samples and watching the TGS footage. I'm really impressed.

A part of me knows there will probably be numerous 'typical' rough elements of the game. I expect the framerate to be unstable like it has been in pretty much all videos. I expect there to be a learning curve on the controls. I expect the graphics to be a mixed bag of some great stuff, some great art, and some really very bland and flat looking moments.

But that aside, the whole thing seems so fresh that I can’t help but be intrigued. It's like the SE are finally throwing out genre clichés, expected design decisions, and typical art directions and instead just doing whatever the fuck they feel like. It really looks like it’s the most comparatively original project to come out of the studio in a long time.

It doesn’t look like a standard sequel, or look to play like a predictable genre. I gotta give SE props for that.

GaussTek

Who's the music composer? Doesn't seem to be the Kumi Tanioka style, but I guess she'll still contribute some tracks?

Edit.. ahh forgot about Hidenori Iwasaki

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
GaussTek said:
Who's the music composer? Doesn't seem to be the Kumi Tanioka style, but I guess she'll still contribute some tracks?

Edit.. ahh forgot about Hidenori Iwasaki
Hidenori Iwasaki and Ryo Yamazaki, the Front Mission 4 composers.

Boerseun

Banned
FFXIII looks like a step backwards from FFXII in every aspect outside of graphics. Meanwhile The Crystal Bearers is something NEW and FRESH and FULL OF ENERGY!

I reckon at the end of this gen when GAF pick five games that define Wii, we're going to select Wii Sports, Wii Fit, Super Mario Galaxy, Monster Hunter 3 and this game.

PAL gamers will swop out one of the others for Disaster: Day of Crisis, but The Crystal Bearers will undoubtedly remain!

Threi said:
why am i just now noticing that layle has sideburns

2zzsqqf.jpg

Just shaved mine off two days ago. :-/

MattyGrovesOrMe said:
Clairvoyancy! What are music and movies like in the future?

They all suck, J-pop takes over on the music side.

Horror and romanticomedies go from taking up 70% of movie releases to 90%.

Fine, "I hope" you little rat. :lol

Boerseun said:
FFXIII looks like a step backwards from FFXII in every aspect outside of graphics. Meanwhile The Crystal Bearers is something NEW and FRESH and FULL OF ENERGY!

I reckon at the end of this gen when GAF pick five games that define Wii, we're going to select Wii Sports, Wii Fit, Super Mario Galaxy, Monster Hunter 3 and this game.

PAL gamers will swop out one of the others for Disaster: Day of Crisis, but The Crystal Bearers will undoubtedly remain!

Just shaved mine off two days ago. :-/

What's up with all of the FF13 comments??? The FF13 thread and this one are more than enough for us to seperate the two. In alot of ways, I wouldn't even compare the two together. Different focuses, different demographics, different battle dynamics, hell different composers :lol

7Th

gamergirly said:
What's up with all of the FF13 comments??? The FF13 thread and this one are more than enough for us to seperate the two. In alot of ways, I wouldn't even compare the two together. Different focuses, different demographics, different battle dynamics, hell different composers :lol

It's the only thing they can do until charlequin's fatalistic but ultimately accurate predictions become a reality. It's quite sad, really. ;_;

sfried

gamergirly said:
Simple. One has Tetsuya Nomura in it and one doesn't. The one without the Nomura is clearly superior. :lol

(For the record, I haven't bought The World Ends With You simply because of all the belts, buckles, zippers and stupid Nomura-esq logic they stuffed it with.)

[Nintex]

gamergirly said:
Because the horses have zippers now, the horses!

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
He's right, though. I'm more excited about this than for FFXIII, even if it doesn't show in my post count.

sfried said:
Simple. One has Tetsuya Nomura in it and one doesn't. The one without the Nomura is clearly superior. :lol

(For the record, I haven't bought The World Ends With You simply because of all the belts, buckles, zippers and stupid Nomura-esq logic they stuffed it with.)

You should. TWEwY is the Nomura game for the Nomura hater.

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
Amir0x said:
Track 7 is totally them on a beach sipping on martini's while throwing sand at crying children.

Judging from the resort video, you're not too far off from the mark. :lol

:lol At breakdance attack.

Kandinsky said:
The hate FFXIII gets in this thread is cute:lol

The hate you give CB is cute: "OMG stop being not exactly the same as the first Crystal Chronicles game!"

I don't understand the FFXIII hate either though, I'm excited for both.

And 7Th, how bout you contribute something to this thread other than:"OMG this haz minigaemz? worst FF ever lololololol"

7Th

Fimbulvetr said:
The hate you give CB is cute: "OMG stop being not exactly the same as the first Crystal Chronicles game!"

I don't understand the FFXIII hate either though, I'm excited for both.

And 7Th, how bout you contribute something to this thread other than:"OMG this haz minigaemz? worst FF ever lololololol"

I already voiced my complaints with the core system and we agreed that further discussion was useless until they decided to show more game-play videos. :/

7Th said:
I already voiced my complaints with the core system and we agreed that further discussion was useless until they decided to show more game-play videos. :/

Yet you keep coming here to say irrelevant shit.

Kenka said:
This game is completely fucked up. Irrational. FF XIII is going to be like this as well ?

Take your square hate to gamefaqs. :lol

Also the word "Irrational" is not a sentence.

7Th

Fimbulvetr said:
Yet you keep coming here to say irrelevant shit.

This thread is plenty irrelevant without me; more than half of it is just pointless circle jerking. Maybe if you guys were talking about the possibilities of the gravity mechanic or what kind of clever puzzles could they create with it things would be different, but as it stands... are my comments really that different from the other comments in this thread?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Regulus Tera said:
You should. TWEwY is the Nomura game for the Nomura hater.

Definitely was for me. It's such a good game.

Also, people complaining about mini-games in an FF game? Someone clearly hasn't played the last six main storyline games! :lol :lol

7Th said:
This thread is plenty irrelevant without me; more than half of it is just pointless circle jerking. Maybe if you guys were talking about the possibilities of the gravity mechanic or what kind of clever puzzles could they create with it things would be different, but as it stands... are my comments really that different from the other comments in this thread?

I wrote a large post about the combat.

Come on, discuss it. I can wait.

ethelred had complaints, but he voiced them in a way that didn't involve repeating the same thing even after being proven wrong.

Kenka

Fimbulvetr said:
Take your square hate to gamefaqs. :lol

Also the word "Irrational" is not a sentence.

This is no hate, I pretty love what I am seeing. It's just that everything looks completely "off the hook" or whatever expression in english that may be suitable :lol

I don't know what to expect in the battle sales. Will this narrowly go past the million bar ? Sell half of what FF XIII will manage ?

Kenka said:
This is no hate, I pretty love what I am seeing. It's just that everything looks completely "off the hook" or whatever expression in english that may be suitable :lol

I don't know what to expect in the battle sales. Will this narrowly go past the million bar ? Sell half of what FF XIII will manage ?

Very well, I'll let you live for now.

....God, I really am too invested into this game.:lol

Top Bottom