• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Five Four Job Fiesta 2012

Thanks for the tips, looks like this should work for Shinryu. But I'm level 42, so he messed me up with both level 2 old and level 3 flare. But until that flare it was going pretty smooth aside from the fact I was only dealing around 400 damage per jump. I guess it won't kill itself with Roulette either.

Threw time on the Ninja so I can get haste my Dragoon immediately (got a jump in before Tidal Wave hit, that works well), coral ring on the Time Mage to try to inflict slow on Shinryu even though the chances are impossibly low. But if I manage to get it in, awesome. And the monk dies, because all she's really good for here is to take up space.

I'm pretty sure Shinryu has a stupidly high magic evasion stat, such that you will never hit him with status spells unless they skip that step, like the Dark Bow or that one chemist mix.

Just checked, it's 95%.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, didn't pull off slow, but I didn't really expect to. Had some trouble with the Malstorm/Lightning combo, but that's about the only way he could kill me.

Got it after a few attempts though. He dies so fast I couldn't get a screenshot.

ibe0mBt4DysVkX.png

So I guess this is good enough?

iSSjvzMuE9Voo.png

And in the inventory.

iNqScboAEx2yN.png

A shame Ragnarok is useless with this party. Maybe I can chuck it at Exdeath.

RedCoyote

Yeah, didn't pull off slow, but I didn't really expect to. Had some trouble with the Malstorm/Lightning combo, but that's about the only way he could kill me.

Got it after a few attempts though. He dies so fast I couldn't get a screenshot.

ibe0mBt4DysVkX.png

So I guess this is good enough?

iSSjvzMuE9Voo.png

Awesome, Dragoon wins again haha

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Thanks Gilgamesh, for my first and only piece of Genji equipment.

iCk3mpMtkoDU4.png

Thief knife is so unreliable, I didn't think I was going to get it at first.

And that would happen. Have Exdeath down to the point one more good attack (Jump or Fuma) will take him out, have everyone revived for a happy ending.

Almagest.

iQ1CCNRyycorP.png

Sole survivor, since he was in the in the process of finishing the fight with a jump.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Holy Diver?

I like you.

And Gilgabot hasn't registered my victory tweet. It did on the Shinryu one, but not for NeoExdeath? Maybe since I did the second one before the first victory was approved?

Might have to tweet it again later depending on what happens when RK does the approval stuff.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Update 28: Solitary Island Temple and World Tour.

8:10 : Airship is east. Then time for a cutscene, after which you can beat the game if you want. Tons of stuff gets locked out now, the only thing you'll really miss though is half price items at Lix, but those are out of date.

8:20 : Two stops immediately come to mind. Time Displaced Village and Kuzar Castle. Village is easier to find, its on the snake like continent's forest near the middle. Sort of sticks out. Pub first for Thief Knife in the second to last barrel by going in the back door. Armor Shop next for two Crystal Helms and one set of Armor, check the crate for the real reason we are here, the Accessory Shop! Four Hermes Sandals and since I'm mega Rich, Four Coral Rings. I know there are others you can get organically, but eff that. Now for spells. Go behind the shop on the western side for the high level magic! Death is only so-so but Osmose means no more need for the Dancing Dagger's Mystery Waltz.

8:26 : Ride around the world on a Chocobo you say...Challenge accepted! Final Piano in the room before the Black Chocobo. Kuzar Castle is located just a bit Northeast of Tule. My party only needs three weapons, but luckily they are three REALLY good weapons.

Excalibur: Hits Holy Weaknesses hard, Third Strongest Sword.
Masamune: Best Legendary Weapon and while ATK wise it is only the second best Katana it is really the best.
Magus Rod: Boosts Every Element Besides Water and Holy.

Excalibur is at 12 o'clock. Masamune is at 5 o'clock. Magus Rod at 9 o'clock. Cutscene time the first time you leave the Sealed Weapon room with a used up tablet. Legion of Doom meeting.

8:34 : Going to do the ride around the world now. Boko appears on the map. Heading west first to stop by Istory falls for a truly awesome item, the Magic Lamp. But to go west in this case, you need to go east then north then west. Go east until Tule, then north and east as you can, passing Kuzar and Regole. Now go West! When you get to the fall area, take the northern fork. When you get to the dungeon map screen, go south two spaces and hit A! Come back here to recharge the lamp at any time! Now just mosey on back a bit to Tule and slowly make your way towards Crescent tower and then head east along the snake continent, the rest should be easy but time consuming from here.

8:47 : See what I mean??? Still Mirage Vest will come in handy. Solitary Temple is right above it, can't miss it if you see Big Bridge.

8:50 : Gargoyles fall in one turn. Samurai now goes first thanks to the Masamune and does considerably more damage now, only 1.8k behind the Brave Blade Knight. In the second room of this dungeon there is a secret passage to the right that leads to a chest (a chest I often forget how to access with 12k in it! Keep going along and let the pipe suck you up. Now for the switches

UP,UP leads you back where you came from.
DOWN, UP leads to a MiaB fight with a Covert that gives you a Rising Sun, an upgraded Moonring Blade. Very handy for certain situations, useless for us. The door leads to a save point.

9:00 : Second Floor. Head directly north for another MitB fight with our old friend Mecha Head. This one gives a Protect Ring. Not bad. head east here and if you check the wall carefully you'll find a two block wide hidden passage for a Crystal Helm in a northern treasure chest. Head west now, grabbing the ether from the chest and make for the northern exit.

9:11 : Tot Avis suck when you can't run from them. Have more HP than most bosses in this game, aren't weak to anything but Avis Killer Bows (which they have, by the way) and Jump attacks. Beast Killer is in the door right ahead of here. As far as I know there's nothing else on this floor worth mentioning. Head up. Next floor is the same story.

9:15 : Fifth floor has treasure and pitfalls. Grab the chests from above, Dragon Fang and something else. Sixth floor has save point so you know what that means, seventh floor BOSS TIME!

Code:
NAME: Stalker
LEVEL: 7                               EXP: 0
HP: 20000                              GIL: 0
MP: 8192                               SPEED: 40
ATTACK: 65                             MAGIC POWER: 10
ATT. MULT: 10                          MAGIC MULT: 4
EVADE%: 0                              MAGIC EVADE%: 10
DEFENSE: 10                            MAGIC DEFENSE: 20
ELEMENTAL IMMUNITY: Earth
STATUS IMMUNITY: Dead, Stone, Toad, Mini, Poison, Aging, Paralyze, Charm, 
Berserk, Mute, Stop
ELEMENTAL ABSORB: Water
CAN'T EVADE: None
ELEMENTAL WEAKNESS: None
CREATURE TYPE: Heavy
IMMUNITY: Control, Catch
INITIAL STATUS: (Always) Float
SPECIALTY: Critical
SPECIALTY EFFECT: None
SPELLS: MindBlst, Hurricane, Charm, Blaze
CONTROL: Can't
BLUE MAGIC: MindBlst
CATCH: Can't
DROP (ALWAYS): Nothing                 STEAL (COMMON): Dark Matter
DROP (RARE): Nothing                   STEAL (RARE): Nothing
AI SCRIPT:
Condition:Status:All Enemies:??{
     No Clue
     }
{MindBlst,Nothing,Nothing}
{Fight,Nothing,Nothing}
{Hurricane,Nothing,Nothing}
{Fight,Nothing,Nothing}
{Charm,Nothing,Nothing}
{Fight,Nothing,Nothing}
Stalker Attack
Condition:?? & Status:Self:?? & React:Magic??{
     Blaze
     }
React:HP Damage{
     Stalker Attack
     }

An Annoying Boss Fight. My favorite tactic is to equip everyone with Black Magic and Flame Rings and Just absorb all the frost counter attacks while you just sit there and blast Firaga for about five minutes. Faris died unfortunately because she apparently had a Protect Ring on instead. Whoops.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
If you put the clones to sleep they cannot use Frost in response to a MT attack.

Yes, I totally had the wrong monster. The FAQ I'm using gets wonky with the boss order at this point and there is a Monster in a Box on this dungeon with the Boss music who also uses Image.

Point being, you should never lose to Stalker/Wendigo. it does shit damage.

I dragged my team into the rift this morning.

Calofisteri: Easy (with the added bonus of short-circuiting her AI with a reflect ring)
Apanda: Easy (Firaga spellblade + rapidfire x1)
Azulmagia: Easy (Bio Spellblade + rapidfire x1, Holy x1)
Catastrophe: Easy (That one actually took a few turns)
Halicarnassus: Easy (This one would have been faster if I didn't cure toad)

and that's as far as I got. Now that I (finally) have two characters that have mastered Ranger and Mystic Knight, it might be time to go pay Omega a visit.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Update 29: Gonna grind out some shields.

So this is another and probably the last of my grind something out updates. First was money for four flame rings, next was four reflect rings. This final one is a Flame Shield for every party member. You can steal them in two places, the Ronka Ruins area of the Rift and from the fighter side of the Fork Tower, which I'm doing tonight.

I'm going to head up the tower using a 2 and 2 party. Monk and Black Mage will go up the Wizard West Side, Knight and Samurai will go up the Fighting East Side.

Mage side will use Reflect rings to shame the inhabitants while Thief Knife, Masamune, and Brave Blade will be more than enough to shame that side. It's also a good place to try out Thornlet, Cursed Ring, Mirage Vest.

7:54 : First things first, gotta get out of the solitary island. Gonna get the two tube treasures I missed UP, DOWN and DOWN, DOWN. Down, down is 9k, up,down is an Elixir. Now I'm out.

8:02 : Fork tower is by the Crescent Island, though now its no longer Crescent nor really an island. You can talk to Mid in the inn and restock up on supplies and get the final two bard songs here.

8:05 : Going up the magic side is easy. They thankfully lowered the encounter rate here by quite a bit. A few of the groupings can be nasty, but the Mini Mages I fought went down in two Firaga blasts. Fourth floor has Ether, Seventh has one of the most underrated items in the whole game, the Wonder Wand. I'm sure I'll talk about this one more later.

8:07 : Physical Side. Going with Thief Knife, Flame Shield, Crystal Helm Bone Mail, Hermes Sandal on Samurai. Brave Blade, Aegis Shield, Crystal Helm and Mail, Flame Ring for the Knight. Knight will be on healing and cleanup duty while the Samurai will steal. Quicksave abuse on floor one of the tower results in a 2x Dueling Knight encounter which is ideal. The encounter afterwards is the rare encounter of 3x goblins, so we now have our pattern. Quicksave, restart, fight 2x Dueling Knights, repeat.

8:39 : UPDATE! First Flame Shield stolen! With the one I already have, that means I'm halfway there!

8:52 : UPDATE! First fight after I returned from a short break and I get another Flame Shield! Only one more!

10:18 : UPDATE! After another hour long break I got it on the first try. Final Tally, 73 Dueling Knights for 3 Flame Shields. Now time to do the Physical Tower. Fourth floor has Hi-Potion, Seventh the Defender Sword. This brings my total available Buffs to Haste and Protect. Not bad at all for a fiesta run. Get to the top for the first of the fights...

Code:
NAME: Minotauros
LEVEL: 37                              EXP: 0
HP: 19850                              GIL: 0
MP: 0                                  SPEED: 35
ATTACK: 99                             MAGIC POWER: 0
ATT. MULT: 9                           MAGIC MULT: 4
EVADE%: 0                              MAGIC EVADE%: 0
DEFENSE: 0                             MAGIC DEFENSE: 0
ELEMENTAL IMMUNITY: Water, Earth, Holy, Poison
STATUS IMMUNITY: Dead, Stone, Toad, Mini, Float, Poison, Zombie, Darkness, 
Aging, Sleep, Paralyze, Charm, Berserk, Mute, Image(2), Image(1), Wall, Armor, 
Shell, Stop, Haste, Slow, Invul, Regen
ELEMENTAL ABSORB: Water, Earth, Holy, Poison
CREATURE TYPE: Human, Heavy
INITIAL STATUS: None
SPELLS: Holy
BLUE MAGIC: None
DROP (ALWAYS): Nothing                 STEAL (COMMON): Leather Shoes
DROP (RARE): Nothing                   STEAL (RARE): Pinwheel
AI SCRIPT:
{Fight,Fight,Specialty}
React:Death{
     Display Text: Minotaur:  Holy...the magic
     Display Text: 'of strength...See its power!
     Holy
     }
React:Item:Assassin Dagger{
     No Clue
     }
React:Physical{
     {Specialty,Nothing,Nothing}
     }

Easy boss. He only does physical hits so Guard+weakened other person will win it easily. I tried something different here considering just how strong Knight and Ninja are together. I kept them both in the back row with Two-Handed and spent the first few rounds putting on haste and protect, switching their items over to protect rings for a little healing. Minotaur was doing about 160 damage. Then I switched up rows and ate him for breakfast in five hits. Now for part two.

Code:
NAME: Omniscient
LEVEL: 53                              EXP: 0
HP: 16999                              GIL: 0
MP: 30000                              SPEED: 26
ATTACK: 100                            MAGIC POWER: 20
ATT. MULT: 20                          MAGIC MULT: 8
DEFENSE: 0                             MAGIC DEFENSE: 8
ELEMENTAL IMMUNITY: None
STATUS IMMUNITY: Dead, Stone, Toad, Mini, Poison, Sleep, Charm
ELEMENTAL ABSORB: None
ELEMENTAL WEAKNESS: Air
INITIAL STATUS: Armor, Shell, Regen
SPELLS: Bolt3, Fire3, Ice 3, Reset, Flare, Cure, Fire, Slow, Scan, Ice, Regen, 
Mute, Venom, Haste, Size, Float, Cure2, Toad, Demi, Charm, Fire2, Stop, Bolt2, 
Ice 2, Qrter, Wall, Drain, Bio
DROP (ALWAYS): Nothing                 STEAL (COMMON): Potion
DROP (RARE): Nothing                   STEAL (RARE): Corna Jar
AI SCRIPT:
Condition:HP < 4000{
     {Bolt3,Fire3,Ice 3}
     }
{Cure,Fire,Slow}
{Scan,Ice,Regen}
{Mute,Venom,Haste}
{Size,Float,Nothing}
{Cure2,Toad,Demi}
{Charm,Fire2,Stop}
{Bolt2,Ice 2,Qrter}
{Wall,Drain,Bio}
     Flare
     }
React:Physical (exception:Steal) {
     Reset
     }

Omni is the reason you never throw away specialty weapons. Now some parties with Magic can just put on reflect rings and bounce spells off each other (this is what I'm doing) but for some parties that just does not work. The safe way to beat him then is to equip Reflect Rings and hit yourself with the Mage Masher dagger to reflect Silence onto him and Then hit him hard with whatever you have. The only party in the fiesta where this won't work is hilariously enough a party made up of Monks and Berserkers. They have to do the old fashioned go to sleep with a reflect ring on and run him out of MP gambit, my favorite one. 30k MP takes...time.

The only other method and I really don't advise this involves a Beastmaster catching a monster that Berserks and then using image abuse from stolen Mirage Vests to kill him.

I beat the last two rift bosses, with the extra special "Gilgamesh survives" ending. (This also means I have no Genji Armor. Oops.) Unfortunately, I have to wait to beat anyone else until I have a camera in-hand. I think I'll go back for Omega first.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Update 30: I promised myself I would never go back to the undersea trench unless I had a Time Mage. I lied to myself.

I hate the Undersea Trench. It is a useless dungeon. The upgrades suck and unless you have a Time Mage its not worth going there. I guess a Bard might want to go there to level up or a Monk party desperate for a free Kaiser Knuckle but without Float or a Geomancer you are just going to throw money away by going there.

Yet I'm going there. I guess I do have a Monk. I sort of worked something out in my last run when I grinded a certain monster for a certain Beast Master weapon.

4:07 : Time to find Cid and get a sub attachment. He's in the gear room of the launchpad. Grandpa love in cutscene time.

4:13 : Found what I'm looking for.

Code:
NAME: Stingray
LEVEL: 93                              EXP: 0
HP: 30000                              GIL: 0
MP: 1000                               SPEED: 70
ATTACK: 66                             MAGIC POWER: 70
ATT. MULT: 16                          MAGIC MULT: 29
EVADE%: 40                             MAGIC EVADE%: 10
DEFENSE: 60                            MAGIC DEFENSE: 20
STATUS IMMUNITY: Dead, Stone, Toad, Mini
IMMUNITY: None
SPECIALTY: Fin
SPECIALTY EFFECT: Adds Poison
SPELLS: 
CONTROL: Fight, Tidal Wave, MghtyGrd
BLUE MAGIC: MghtyGrd
CATCH: Tidal Wave
DROP (ALWAYS): Nothing                 STEAL (COMMON): Dark Matter
DROP (RARE): Dragon Whip               STEAL (RARE): Rune Edge
AI SCRIPT:
{Fight,Fight,Specialty}

Yep, I want Mighty Guard cast on me. Gonna wait for Tempting Tango, then wait for him to cast it.

4:19 : He cast it. A fun way to kill him if you have it is with Poison.

4:22 : Now everyone floats until the next time I sleep at an inn. The trench is marked on your undersea map, in the southeast ocean. East of the fork tower.

4:25 : Gargoyles are easy as usual. Equip the Excalibur here or any other good holy weapon. White Mages and Bards shine here, everything is undead. First room has a water scroll. Yep, that's about the caliber of the treasure here.

4:29 : Save point. Hit the first button in the next room. Ignore the second.

4:30 : Next room. I just remembered that Slash specifically works on undead who are normally immune to instant death. This will be handy. Hit the first button, falling into the trap. Go east until you see stairs.

4:32 : The chest in the lava is an ether. Yep. Next chest over is a Phoenix Down. Yep. Glad I have Float. Remember that if you see the big guys with green goo flowing from their mouths that they possess you whenever you hit them physically which will kill float. You don't want that. Keep going east.

4:36 : Dwarf Town! This is by the way where you find out the location of Mirage Village by looking at the world map when you get to the tunnel digging dwarf. This place has a lot of the same basic stuff that town has in terms of weapons and armor. They also tell you about the magic lamp being able to be recharged. Handy! Take the south exit.

4:38 : Bottom right corner of this room can also be used to recharge the lamp. This next room is spiteful. Hit buttons, open chests, get burned by lava. It doesn't make sense.
The far northeastern switch unlocks the door west of it with the Kaiser Knuckles, which add atk +50 to the now far behind monk...at the cost of a much better accessory. Pass. Hit one of the southern buttons (I hit them all) to open the door by the fake chest (the western door sort of near the beginning with the chest near it)

4:47 : Tablet room music. BOSS TIME!

Code:
NAME: Triton
HP: 13333                              GIL: 0
MP: 10000                              SPEED: 35
ATTACK: 55                             MAGIC POWER: 20
ATT. MULT: 11                          MAGIC MULT: 6
EVADE%: 0                              MAGIC EVADE%: 60
DEFENSE: 0                             MAGIC DEFENSE: 25
STATUS IMMUNITY: Toad, Mini, Berserk, Slow
ELEMENTAL ABSORB: Fire
ELEMENTAL WEAKNESS: Ice
CREATURE TYPE: Undead
SPELLS: Delta Attack, Fire3, Emission
BLUE MAGIC: Emission
DROP (ALWAYS): Nothing                 STEAL (COMMON): Soft
DROP (RARE): Protect Drink             STEAL (RARE): Elixir
AI SCRIPT:
Condition:Status:Enemy:Dead{
     Unhide Monster: 
     Delta Attack
     }
{Fight,Fight,Nothing}
Change Target:Whole party
{Fire3,Fire3,Nothing}
{Fight,Fight,Emission}
{Fight,Fire3,Fight}

NAME: Neregeid
LEVEL: 20                              EXP: 0
MP: 10000                              SPEED: 40
ATTACK: 54                             MAGIC POWER: 20
ATT. MULT: 11                          MAGIC MULT: 5
ELEMENTAL ABSORB: Ice
ELEMENTAL WEAKNESS: Fire
SPELLS: Delta Attack, Snowstorm, Blaze, Ice 3
DROP (RARE): Power Drink               STEAL (RARE): Elixir
AI SCRIPT:
     Unhide Monster: 
     Delta Attack
     }
{Fight,Fight,Nothing}
{Snowstorm,Snowstorm,Nothing}
{Fight,Fight,Blaze}
{Fight,Ice 3,Fight}

NAME: Phobos
LEVEL: 39                              EXP: 0
MP: 10000                              SPEED: 45
ATTACK: 55                             MAGIC POWER: 20
ATT. MULT: 11                          MAGIC MULT: 7
ELEMENTAL ABSORB: Poison
ELEMENTAL WEAKNESS: Earth
SPELLS: Delta Attack, Bio, Rainbow Wind
DROP (RARE): Giant Drink               STEAL (RARE): Elixir
AI SCRIPT:
     Unhide Monster: 
     Delta Attack
     }
{Fight,Fight,Nothing}
{Bio,Bio,Nothing}
{Fight,Fight,Rainbow Wind}
{Fight,Bio,Fight}

I have a wealth of ways to kill these assholes. Slash will work eventually but they do have a high Magic Evade. Magus Rod boosted Thundaga will do damage, as well as Excalibur. Putting on reflect rings and killing one so that they revive and use delta attack which is reflected back on another can also be hilariously fun. They seemingly don't get back full HP when you kill them and they revive so this can work. Requiem also owns them as well as Holy. Two Gil Tosses will also suffice. I tried getting slash to work, got frustrated and just started gil tossing and auto attacking and they eventually exploded.

I treat the trio in the undersea trench like I treat the T-rex in the moogle cave, for largely the same reasons. (Phoenix down in a chest right before an undead boss. Hm...) There's a magic lamp recharge point so close to them that Odin is the only acceptable solution.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
There's so many fun ways to beat them but honestly my whole take on the dungeon is that its basically useless for anyone without a Time Mage.

I'm going to have to run it next year when I do an all Advance Job run, but the float from Stingray trick works great so I'll just do that again.

Update 31: Leviathan is a total joke...unless you forget to deequip Flame Rings.

8:15 : I need to escape this dungeon. I can't run from fights. I can't use a tent until I'm past the second lava room. Running out of MP, MP drain methods don't work on Undead. Still not worried because Slash works.

8:18 : At least I can save at dwarf kingdom. The room past the second lava room, the one with all the pits has a chest to the north with a Dragon Fang in it. Got to remember to sell those when I get back.

8:26 : Button room. Almost there.... In the next room remember to hit the second button to get to the exit. The glorious, glorious exit.

8:29 : Finally the save point. Gonna use a cottage here despite the ship being right there. Sick of not doing anything but slash.

8:31 : Back to the sub. Going to Regole to stock up on supplies and get the Ribbon there. Its directly west of the Wind Shrine. Go under the counter of the shield store to talk to the little girl. Sold all the dragon fangs and bought 20 of each status healer and about 15 Phoenix downs. I still have over 200k left so no worries about the Gil Cannon, I could use it quite a few times!

8:34 : Head directly west until you hit the ocean. Go south and east following the shoreline until you see a cave. Then walk through the desert, fight some gargoyles, burn the last page.

8:41 : Head west for treasure. First one is a Turtle Shell. Oooh, I fought a Tonberry. Annoyingly high physical evade on these guys, but I'm all hasted up and if worse comes to worse the knight can guard everyone. Now head back east until you see the big stairwell, to the east of that is a chest with an Air Knife, exit north.

8:44 : I like the western path here. Go through the water in the next room to the west again, hit the button, grab the Protect Ring. Nice. Head east for a chest with a Goliath Tonic in it and a hidden passage along the bottom wall that leads to a chest with a Rune Blade in it. Head back west for the southern exit.

8:50 : Third floor. Head north for a Phoenix Down. Go south for a Reflect Ring, and south some more for the exit. Save point in the next room.

8:52 : Head south, go into the room for an Artemis Bow. Head west. Get the chest from the northside to obtain 12k. Hug the west wall and go north, keep following the trail to get the Enhancer.

8:57 : Head back south, when you get back to the last room walk directly south into a pitfall. The treasure chests have buttons beside them that activate spike traps, The one south should be done last. The west one is an Aegis Shield, the northeast one is a Fuma Shuriken. The southern one is a Titan Axe. When you're done with that, fall into the western hole created by hitting the button.

9:00 : Tablet room! Get the tablet then try leaving. Cutscene and then Boss Time!

Code:
NAME: Leviathan
HP: 40000                              GIL: 0
MP: 2000                               SPEED: 49
ATTACK: 85                             MAGIC POWER: 1
ATT. MULT: 16                          MAGIC MULT: 4
EVADE%: 10                             MAGIC EVADE%: 70
DEFENSE: 25                            MAGIC DEFENSE: 15
ELEMENTAL IMMUNITY: Earth, Fire
STATUS IMMUNITY: Dead, Stone, Toad, Mini, Poison, Aging, Sleep, Paralyze, 
Charm, Berserk, Stop
ELEMENTAL WEAKNESS: Lightning
CREATURE TYPE: Heavy, Dragon
SPECIALTY: Tail
ENEMY SPECIALTY EFFECT
HP Leak
SPELLS: Tidal Wave, AquaRake, Entangle
BLUE MAGIC: AquaRake
DROP (ALWAYS): Wall Ring               STEAL (COMMON): Elixir
AI SCRIPT:
{Fight,Fight,Specialty}
{Fight,Fight,Specialty}
No Interrupt{
     {Fight,Specialty,Tidal Wave}
     {Fight,Tidal Wave,Tidal Wave}
     }
{Fight,Fight,Specialty}
{Fight,Tidal Wave,Specialty}
{Fight,AquaRake,AquaRake}
No Interrupt{
     {Tidal Wave,Tidal Wave,Specialty}
     {Specialty,Fight,Tidal Wave}
     }
{Fight,Tidal Wave,Specialty}
{Fight,Fight,Specialty}
No Interrupt{
     }
React:Magic{
     {Tidal Wave,Nothing,Nothing}
     }
     {Entangle,Nothing,Nothing}
     }

Leviathan seems hard but really isn't. With enough HP you don't even need to worry about Tidal Wave, but equipping four coral rings is safer. He has a lot of HP but terrible magic defense and only so-so defense for this point in the game. Anything that does Lightning element will do a ton of damage. Magus Rod+Black Robe=8.1k Thundagas! He has a 33% to respond to magic with Tidal Wave so if you're killing him with Slydra or Thundaga you might want the rings. Entangle, his physical counter is annoying but nothing you've never seen before. It wears off pretty quickly. Aqua Rake isn't that terrifying anymore but it is in his script.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Update 32: All the sidequests and Rift Boss 1.

Figured I'd get all the remaining goodies out of World 1. Yeah I know I skipped most of them from World 1 and 2 because they're pretty short and boring. But I just feel like playing a bit longer. There are going to be a few extra boss fights this time but considering I don't have to do any of this I don't feel bad. Plus you all know about Odin and Bahamut by now!

8:13 : Getting out of Istory Waterfall is dreadfully simple. Just head south and let the water do the work.

8:16 : Back to the sub. Going to do Gogo first. Did you know you can "beat" him with Silence sword? Anyways, try and remember about where Waltz tower was. Near the Stingray location is a good way to put it. Flying then landing is faster, but of course you need the sub. It's marked on the undersea map.

8:18 : Kuza Castle is on the way, might as well pick up the nine less useful weapons for this party. Place tablet, pick three, repeat.

8:25 : God shield dragons are annoying when you don't have beastmasters! Hey I can get the Advance jobs now! Time for the sunken tower and the last original game job!

8:26 : Go through holes, fight shadows of tough world one monsters. Yep, nothing hard here.

8:28 : When you get to the chest you couldn't open before you can get to it by taking a fairly well hidden step on north west floor on the floor below it. It has another seven minutes of oxygen in it.

8:31 : Gogo and the shard are on floor one, answer no to fight him.

Code:
NAME: Gogo
LEVEL: 77                              EXP: 0
HP: 47714                              GIL: 0
MP: 60000                              SPEED: 50
ATTACK: 120                            MAGIC POWER: 35
ATT. MULT: 25                          MAGIC MULT: 14
EVADE%: 30                             MAGIC EVADE%: 99
DEFENSE: 30                            MAGIC DEFENSE: 20
ELEMENTAL IMMUNITY: Water
STATUS IMMUNITY: Dead, Stone, Toad, Mini, Poison, Darkness, Aging, Sleep, 
Paralyze, Charm, Berserk, Stop
IMMUNITY: HP Scan, Control, Catch
SPELLS: Meteo, Maelstrom, Snowstorm, AquaRake, Blaze, Holy, Flare
DROP (ALWAYS): Nothing                 STEAL (COMMON): Leather Clothes
DROP (RARE): Tiger Mask                STEAL (RARE): Gold Hairpin
AI SCRIPT:
Condition:V01=02{
     No Interrupt{
          Meteo
          Meteo
          Meteo
          }
     No Interrupt{
          Maelstrom
          Snowstorm
          AquaRake
          }
     No Interrupt{
          Blaze
          Snowstorm
          AquaRake
          }
     }
Condition:V00=02{
     Display Text: Gogo:  I give up!
     Display Text: 'That's the way!
     Display Text: 'I'm not doing anything...
     Display Text: 'So you did nothing!
     Display Text: 'You copied me!
     Display Text: 'Good job!
     Display Text: 'That is the art of the mimic!
     Display Text: 'You're graduates now!
     Display Text: 'Goodbye!!
     Change Target: Self
     X-Zone
     }
Condition:V00=01{
     Nothing
     Nothing
     Nothing
     Nothing
     Nothing
     Nothing
     Nothing
     Nothing
     Nothing
     Nothing
     Nothing
     Nothing
     Nothing
     Nothing
     Nothing
     Nothing
     Nothing
     Nothing
     Nothing
     Nothing
     Nothing
     Nothing
     Nothing
     Nothing
     Set V00=02
     Nothing
     }
Display Text: Gogo:  My name is Gogo!
Display Text: 'The famous mimic...
Display Text: 'The trick to mimicking...
Display Text: 'Is to imitate...
Display Text: 'So I'll watch you and
Display Text: 'Do what you do...
Display Text: 'If you fight, I fight...
Display Text: 'If you use magic, so will I!
Display Text: 'If you do what I do,
Display Text: 'You'll surely win!
Set V00=01
Nothing
Condition:HP < 33000 & HP Damage{
     Display Text: Gogo:  You guys...
     Display Text: 'You didn't get the point!
     Display Text: 'No more imitation...
     Change Music
     Display Text: 'Let's do it some other time!
     Set V01=02
     Meteo
     }
     Set V01=01
     {Holy,Flare,Meteo}
     }
     Set V01=01
     {Fight,Specialty,Strong Fight}
     }
     Set V01=01
     Remedy
     }

If you level up a ton so you can soak Meteors you can beat him, or if you have the Silence Spellblade which can lock him into his speech about how uncouth you are. Otherwise just keep mimicing him by doing nothing. Easy win! Now escape. Get the oxygen if you need it or need to open every chest.

8:38 : Head directly north and go get the black chocobo. Then head south and park in the woods near the forest. Two sidetrips here! Let's do North Mountain first!

8:41 : North Mountain has the exact same enemies as it did when it was the third dungeon in the entire game. If you have control you can get float from the Gaelic cats here, but I like the stingray method better as my only options for confusing involves either recycling the wonder rod or using dancing dagger, which will kill them most of the time.

8:43 : It's a nostalgic trip through the past. When you get to the save point I suggest using it, but Bahamut isn't too bad. Reflect Rings are nice here.

8:46 : Over the rope bridge, remember that? Ah well, it's Boss time!

Code:
NAME: Bahamut
LEVEL: 99                              EXP: 0
HP: 40000                              GIL: 0
MP: 10000                              SPEED: 40
ATTACK: 69                             MAGIC POWER: 20
ATT. MULT: 16                          MAGIC MULT: 11
EVADE%: 5                              MAGIC EVADE%: 33
Charm, Berserk
CAN'T EVADE: Aerial, Song
SPELLS: Mega Flare, Poison Breath, Zombie Breath, Maelstrom, Snowstorm, 
AquaRake, Thunder, Flame, Earth Shaker, Atomic Ray, Blaze
DROP (ALWAYS): Nothing                 STEAL (COMMON): Dragon Fang
DROP (RARE): Dragon Fang               STEAL (RARE): Dragon Fang
AI SCRIPT:
Condition:HP < 10000{
     {Mega Flare,Mega Flare,Fight}
     }
Condition:HP < 15000{
     {Poison Breath,Poison Breath,Fight}
     {Zombie Breath,Zombie Breath,Fight}
     }
Condition:HP < 20000{
     {Maelstrom,Maelstrom,Fight}
     {Snowstorm,Snowstorm,Fight}
     }
Condition:HP < 25000{
     {AquaRake,AquaRake,Fight}
     {Thunder,Thunder,Fight}
     }
Condition:HP < 30000{
     {Flame,Flame,Fight}
     {Earth Shaker,Earth Shaker,Fight}
     }
Condition:HP < 35000{
     {Atomic Ray,Atomic Ray,Fight}
     {Blaze,Blaze,Fight}
     }
{Nothing,Nothing,Mega Flare}
Condition:HP < 10000 & Magic:Mega Flare{
     Mega Flare
     }

It's a neat fight. Depending on your luck and how much damage you've done determines what attacks he uses. Some like Zombie Breath can be super fatal. Others can be a boon like the section where he does nothing but weak fire moves. He used fight on me a bunch so it went real quick. I didn't even see any of his special moves. The general battle plan is to hit hard and quick. He does a lot of damage with his physical moves though so its sort of a race.

8:52 : On the way back I stepped on a poison plant. Four antidotes gone. On the plus side Kick is now useful for the first time since early world two!

8:55 : Now time for Phoenix Tower. The place has no boss, but the random encounters are tough as nails and have a lot of good things to steal!

8:58 : Floor one is left side. Floor three is left side. Floor four is right side. Repeat all the way up unless you like fighting weird re-purposed former bosses with strange steal and drop items.

9:00 : Floor five presents an interesting choice. I could get ABP from the pot on the right or I could get nothing. Either way I'd have to waste some of my 25 elixirs. I saved right outside the place so I can come back easily. Might as well gamble.

Code:
NAME: Magic Pot
LEVEL: 91                               EXP: 10000
HP: 65255                               GIL: 10000
MP: 50000                               SPEED: 2
ATTACK: 70                              MAGIC POWER: 90
ATT. MULT: 25                           MAGIC MULT: 36
EVADE%: 95                              MAGIC EVADE%: 99
DEFENSE: 255                            MAGIC DEFENSE: 255
Aging, Sleep, Paralyze, Charm, Berserk, Mute, Image(2), Image(1), Stop
INITIAL STATUS: Armor, Shell
SPELLS: Remedy
DROP (ALWAYS): Nothing                 STEAL (COMMON): Nothing
DROP (RARE): Elixir                    STEAL (RARE): Hi-Potion
AI SCRIPT:
Display Text: 'Gimme an Elixir pleeease!
Remedy
React:Item:Elixir{
     Display Text: 'Yay!! Yay!! Thanks!!
     {Escape,Nothing,Nothing}
     }

Hardest fight in the game here. But I got my 100 ABP from one elixir so I'm happy.

9:03 : Keep going up. 7th floor is left. 8th is left. 9th is right. The pattern continues all the way up.

9:09 : Floor 20. No end in sight. Tons of back attacks.

9:11 : Floor 29. No choice. Have to fight. End is nigh. Cutscene on floor 30. Picking yes ends with a Bright Slap.

9:14 : Heading down is just as dangerous.

9:17 : One of them just gave up their awesome drop, a free pair of Hermes Sandals. Score. Very next fight gives me a seventh Reflect Ring.

9:20 : Outside finally. Next stop, pirate's cove. yohoho. Fought two landcrawlers on the way. Pretty easy when Slash works, just like everything else. Gonna rest at mirage village and buy some more cottages first. There are no cottages here.

9:25 : Jachol cave is right next to Bal castle now...hmm....Let's go in considering we never bothered in world one. Hit the south button to move the wall. Now hit the buttons on the south wall until they disappear then hit the remaining one. follow the path, examine the chest to open the door.

9:29 : Chest in the west are a tent and a shuriken. The chest above the Shuriken is the Blitz Whip. Had I a beastmaster we would have come here as soon as I got the ship, let alone the airship, but you gotta walk around to get it. It's on the way out anyways as the exit is to the north. Finally got into a fight with the king of all Squirrels!

Code:
NAME: Skull Eater
LEVEL: 32                              EXP: 300
HP: 1                                  GIL: 100
MP: 100                                SPEED: 50
ATTACK: 50                             MAGIC POWER: 90
ATT. MULT: 30                          MAGIC MULT: 15
EVADE%: 90                             MAGIC EVADE%: 90
DEFENSE: 90                            MAGIC DEFENSE: 90
STATUS IMMUNITY: None
CREATURE TYPE: Creature
IMMUNITY: None
SPECIALTY: Front Teeth
SPECIALTY EFFECT: 100% Hit + Pierce Defense, Adds Poison, Adds Charm
SPELLS: 
CONTROL: Fight, Specialty
CATCH: Strong Fight
DROP (ALWAYS): Nothing                 STEAL (COMMON): Tent
DROP (RARE): Elixir                    STEAL (RARE): Nothing
AI SCRIPT:
{Fight,Specialty,Escape}
Condition:Alone & React:Magic{
     Unhide Monster: Skull Eater (All)
     }

Hard to hit with this party. Gil Toss would have worked but eff that. I'll wait for him to give up.

9:33 : It's the castle basement we spent so much time in. Head south to unlock the previously locked door! Head north to fight the boss.

Code:
NAME: Odin
LEVEL: 2                               EXP: 0
HP: 17000                              GIL: 0
MP: 500                                SPEED: 50
ATTACK: 60                             MAGIC POWER: 50
EVADE%: 10                             MAGIC EVADE%: 80
DEFENSE: 20                            MAGIC DEFENSE: 20
STATUS IMMUNITY: Dead, Toad, Mini, Poison, Charm
ELEMENTAL ABSORB: Holy
SPELLS: True Edge
DROP (ALWAYS): Nothing                 STEAL (COMMON): Nothing
DROP (RARE): Flame Shield              STEAL (RARE): Guard Ring
AI SCRIPT:
Nothing
True Edge
{Fight,Fight,Specialty}
     Display Text: Odin:  This is it!
     Terminate
     }

Yes you can steal the Guard ring. No you probably don't need it. Return on the GBA version will NOT RESET THE TIMER, mwahahaa. Another easy race fight for this party.

9:39 : In an ironic twist I'm now using money to make the fights where I grinded money before go faster. Fuck these 5 O'bject D'arts! Finally some cottages. Alright, Pirate Cove time.

9:43 : Another magical creature cutscene. At least this one doesn't involve the tower of pain. The rift is where Castle Tycoon used to be which is the black hole directly south east of the cove. Handy that.

9:46 : Shifting sands ended up here. Go east. Fought three more landcrawlers and won two elixirs, not bad. Legion of Doom meets you at the door, but doesn't jump you in some crazy kirby boss rush, too bad. (Advance version does in fact have such a feature, it's just much later)

9:48 : Ronka Ruins section. West chest is Ether, east is Tent, southwest is Elixir, southeast is Dark Matter. Next room!

9:51 : Go down and up the chains. Baldanders here have Rune Chimes as their drop, the best damn bell in the game and the best casting weapon for freelancers too! When you start heading up the eastern most has an Elixir, the western most the exit.

9:53 : Next room. East fork has Blood Sword, West has exit. Next room leads to the next section. It's Mirage town, only stuck. Pot on your way heals if you remember. Leave out the town exit.

9:55 : Forest of Moore it looks like. Hug the east wall for a Dragon Fang. Keep going east. To the south the next chest under a tree has the third Ribbon. Excellent. More south and more east there is a chest with another Enhancer, and north of that is a Lillith Rod chest.

10:02 : See the knot on the tree, it opens a passage. A passage to the first boss in the rift!

Code:
NAME: Calotisteri
LEVEL: 68                              EXP: 0
HP: 18000                              GIL: 0
MP: 1000                               SPEED: 45
ATTACK: 66                             MAGIC POWER: 20
ATT. MULT: 16                          MAGIC MULT: 9
EVADE%: 10                             MAGIC EVADE%: 10
DEFENSE: 50                            MAGIC DEFENSE: 30
STATUS IMMUNITY: Dead, Stone, Toad, Mini, Sleep, Paralyze, Charm, Berserk, 
Stop
CAN'T EVADE: Song
CREATURE TYPE: Human, Heavy, Creature
SPELLS: Haste, Armor, Regen, Cure2, Shell, Heal, Drain, Bio, Venom, Old, Stop, 
Wall
DROP (ALWAYS): Nothing                 STEAL (COMMON): Plumed Hat
DROP (RARE): Diamond Plate             STEAL (RARE): Wall Ring
AI SCRIPT:
Condition:Status:Party Member:Wall{
     Change Target:Single party member
     {Haste,Armor,Regen}
     }
Condition:Self:Wall{
     Change Target:Self
     {Wall,Bio,Venom}
     {Wall,Old,Stop}
     }
{Wall,Old,Stop}
     Drain
     }

Do you have Bone Mail equipped? If so, congratulations, you've already won this fight. Her whole thing is reflecting Poison spells off of herself or using drain to go past your defenses. The semi undead status of your bone mail though absorbs both of those. One interesting note is that besides being heavy she is also human and creature meaning you can do some serious damage with the right weapons...one of which you probably don't have yet. Oh well.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Grabbed a few more legendaries for throwing purposes. Grabbed the Lamp; rode around the world on a yellow chocobo, just for fun.

Then it was time for Fork Tower.

Sent M Knight Krile and Thief Faris up the left side, armed with Spellbladeable knives rather than Twin Lances, and wearing Reflect Rings. Sent Thief Nmnutz and Ninja Lenna up the right side, with their standard gear and Hermes Shoes.

Krile and Faris fled their way up the tower, Nmnutz and Lenna battled their way up. At the top, Nmnutz and Lenna flipped to the back row, then beat the shit out of the Minotaur while swigging a few Hi Potions.

Omniscient was similarly simple. Silence blade on both my dudes, then just hold down the attack button as Omniscient does absolutely fuckall for the rest of the battle.

Fun stuff. And with Flare and Holy in the bag, that about wraps it up for gear I need pre-Rift. Any steals I should look at, or useful weapon pickups for an M Knight that improve on the Assassin's Dagger?

Next time: onward and upward.

Enhancer in the Istory Falls and Moore Forest section of the rift.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Update 33: Short and Sweet.

11:23 : Final push of the game is a few screens, boss, a few more screens, boss, then a bunch of bosses in a row, the rift, a savepoint boss, then the end of the game. Also Shinryu who I intend to beat and Omega, who I might beat. First things first, head into the tree.

11:24 : Cave section. The random monsters here are assholes. There are mini versions of Shoat around that are hard to hit, have high defense (they took zero from Gil Toss!) and have some nasty spells. Slash, Firaga, a Brave Blade hit did the job. Just keep following the path. Head into the cave when you see it.

11:27 : Hey a free Coral Ring. Next room has the much needed first Save Point of the Rift. Omega is in the next room so you should be careful. I'm going to make a few attempts.

11:46 : I'd need to get very lucky and be very careful, but I think I can beat Omega. Just not right now. Time to dodge him and end the update.

11:47 : Ancient Library. Check the books out for some neat info and a boss fight.

Code:
NAME: Apanda
LEVEL: 59                              EXP: 0
HP: 22200                              GIL: 0
MP: 1000                               SPEED: 51
ATTACK: 73                             MAGIC POWER: 50
ATT. MULT: 18                          MAGIC MULT: 15
EVADE%: 20                             MAGIC EVADE%: 30
DEFENSE: 23                            MAGIC DEFENSE: 10
Charm, Stop
ELEMENTAL WEAKNESS: Fire
CREATURE TYPE: Heavy, Creature
SPELLS: Thread, Hammer, Wind Slash, Charm, Sonic Wave, Medicine, Armor, Drain, 
Toad
BLUE MAGIC: Hammer
DROP (ALWAYS): Soot                    STEAL (COMMON): Soot
DROP (RARE): Nothing                   STEAL (RARE): Soot
AI SCRIPT:
     No Interrupt{
          Display Text: Apanda:  -shiver- -tremble-
          Medicine
          Reverse Polarity
          Set V00=00
          }
     }
{Thread,Hammer,Fight}
{Fight,Charm,Wind Slash}
{Hammer,Fight,Thread}
{Sonic Wave,Wind Slash,Fight}
React:Magic:Ifrit{
     No Interrupt{
          Reverse Polarity
          Display Text: Apanda:  Eek eek it's Ifrit
          Set V00=01
          Nothing
          }
     }
Condition:V00=00 & React:Physical{
     {Armor,Drain,Nothing}
     }
Condition:V00=00 & React:Magic{
     {Toad,Drain,Nothing}
     }

Byblos Mark 2! Also afraid of Ifrit, you can in fact stunk lock him with !summon. Four casts of Firaga was more than enough, and since I had reflect rings on from the the Omega attempts even the toad counter was wasted!

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Update 34: Raid the castle.

Another short update.

11:52 : Just follow the path. The invisible path. It takes a u shaped path in the middle. Nothing too bad.

11:58 : Castle time. Let's make a run for the boss fight (which opens up a save point) Take the stairs down. Go west in the basement and fight the dude in the bottom cell. I answered yes, but I don't think it matters.

Code:
NAME: Apocalypse
LEVEL: 57                              EXP: 0
HP: 27900                              GIL: 0
MP: 50000                              SPEED: 45
ATTACK: 65                             MAGIC POWER: 50
ATT. MULT: 21                          MAGIC MULT: 15
EVADE%: 10                             MAGIC EVADE%: 33
DEFENSE: 30                            MAGIC DEFENSE: 70
Charm, Berserk, Mute, Stop, Slow
ELEMENTAL WEAKNESS: Poison
SPELLS: Toad, L3 Flare, DrkShock, GuardOff, GblinPnch, MindBlst, Aero 3, 
Condemn, Roulette, Aero, L2 Old, Blowfish, L5 Doom, L4 Qrter, MghtyGrd, 
Vampire, TinySong, Flash, ????, AquaRake, Aero 2, Emission, FrogSong, Missile, 
Hammer, Time Slip, DeathClaw, WhiteWind, Exploder
BLUE MAGIC: L3 Flare, DrkShock, GuardOff, GblinPnch, MindBlst, Aero 3, 
Condemn, Roulette, Aero, L2 Old, Blowfish, L5 Doom, L4 Qrter, MghtyGrd, 
Vampire, TinySong, Flash, ????, AquaRake, Aero 2, Emission, FrogSong, Missile, 
Hammer, Time Slip, DeathClaw, WhiteWind, Exploder
DROP (ALWAYS): Nothing                 STEAL (COMMON): Elixir
DROP (RARE): Dark Hood                 STEAL (RARE): Giant's Glove
AI SCRIPT:
Condition:V00=01 & Status:Self:Toad{
     Toad
     }
     {L3 Flare,L3 Flare,DrkShock}
     {L3 Flare,L3 Flare,GuardOff}
     {L3 Flare,L3 Flare,GblinPnch}
     Set V00=00
     {L3 Flare,L3 Flare,MindBlst}
     }
     {Aero 3,Aero 3,Condemn}
     {Aero 3,Aero 3,Roulette}
     {Aero 3,Aero 3,Aero}
     Set V00=00
     {Aero 3,Aero 3,L2 Old}
     }
Condition:V00=03{
     {Blowfish,Blowfish,L5 Doom}
     {Blowfish,Blowfish,L4 Qrter}
     Set V00=00
     {Blowfish,Blowfish,MghtyGrd}
     }
Condition:V00=04{
     {Vampire,Vampire,TinySong}
     {Vampire,Vampire,Flash}
     Set V00=00
     {Vampire,Vampire,????}
     }
Condition:V00=05{
     {AquaRake,AquaRake,Aero 2}
     {AquaRake,AquaRake,Emission}
     {AquaRake,AquaRake,FrogSong}
     Set V00=00
     {AquaRake,AquaRake,Missile}
     }
Condition:V00=06{
     {Hammer,Hammer,Time Slip}
     {Hammer,Hammer,DeathClaw}
     Set V00=00
     {Hammer,Hammer,WhiteWind}
     }
Condition:V00=07{
     Exploder
     }
{DrkShock,GuardOff,MindBlst}
{Condemn,Roulette,L2 Old}
{L5 Doom,L4 Qrter,MghtyGrd}
{TinySong,Flash,????}
{Aero 2,Emission,Missile}
{Time Slip,DeathClaw,WhiteWind}
React:Magic:L3 Flare{
     Display Text: Learned L.3 Flare!
     Set V00=01
     Nothing
     }
React:Magic:Aero 3{
     Display Text: Learned Aero 3!
     Set V00=02
     Nothing
     }
React:Magic:Blowfish{
     Display Text: Learned Blowfish!
     Set V00=03
     Nothing
     }
React:Magic:Vampire{
     Display Text: Learned Vampire!
     Set V00=04
     Nothing
     }
React:Magic:AquaRake{
     Display Text: Learned Aqua Rake!
     Set V00=05
     Nothing
     }
React:Magic:Hammer{
     Display Text: Learned Magic Hammer!
     Set V00=06
     Nothing
     }
React:Magic:Exploder{
     Display Text: Learned Exploder!
     Set V00=07
     Nothing
     }

Probably the most complicated AI script in the game. If you have Self-Destruct you can kill him by sacrificing two of your party members. One casts it and dies, then he casts it and kills someone. Pretty neat trick. I just threw on Hermes Sandals and blew him away in six hits. He used Mind Blast but Haste makes you immune to paralysis! Bwahaha.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
You call that slow play?

Also Earthquakes aren't even worrysome from him. The only really two bad ass users of EQ are Omega and Gil Turtle.

I hate how Shinryu has the "normal" death animation and not the boss one, because I forgot to take a picture of his death. His seal will have to suffice.

So thoughts on bringing a freelancer into this:
  • Non-berserker access to the Death Sickle is potentially overpowered in the middle part of the game. This wears off as other weapons get better.
  • Combining abilities is very, very useful, although I knew this from "normal" runs through the game. Rapid fire and full white magic? Yes please.
  • Even before that, the ability to nearly duplicate a class of your choice is pretty handy in certain locations.
  • The Masamune is overpowered.
  • Unless you can give it to your entire party, a single ribbon isn't all that helpful in the end. It is better armor than everything else if you grab the first one (at Karnak Castle), the others come after you can have crystal helms.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
There's other early game stuff that makes a Freelancer good.

They can break rods, they can equip the first katana wicked early, they can heal with the healing staff, they can do backrow damage with moonring blade.

Also you are downplaying how good it is to have even one character immune to most of the really harmful effects.

There's other early game stuff that makes a Freelancer good.

They can break rods, they can equip the first katana wicked early, they can heal with the healing staff, they can do backrow damage with moonring blade.

Also you are downplaying how good it is to have even one character immune to most of the really harmful effects.

I didn't have a freelancer until the earth crystal, so I didn't get most of that stuff. Also the moonring blade is a terrible weapon if standing in the front row is even an option.

It's worth noting that Ribbons don't make you immune to confusion, so your awesome hasted freelancing ribbon-wearer may decide that he doesn't like the rest of your party. Not an issue for me, since heal staff and/or Esuna fixed that before it ever became a problem, but I remember it being a pain in my Dancer game.

Link Man

Banned
No troubles so far.

ib2Kbk321uVxDN.png
ibu2St1qk5oWNr.png

iM3sQfKzEWqAv.png
ixdi8aiUqSeCr.png

ibunboMZ2S9qjE.png

Magic, baby!

Edit: Since nobody else has posted in here, my next update will have to share this post.

iIHiafGjxJKvd.png
i9FiU6e7747mB.png

And my next job is Ranger, so I'll have to go through the Library of the Ancients to get to it.

ibiO72niBQqsx3.png
iIwL3mzGtlvHc.png

Byblos took forever to cast Magic Hammer, unfortunately. But still, I haven't met with any resistance yet.

inT8N8lNYB1Nd.png

Yay Rapid Fire! If I don't get a strong physical class, at least I can use the Chicken Knife!

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Update 35: I'm tired.

So tired I'm going to explore the castle next time. Just gonna fight the boss. Go all the way east and open the door with the not Beholder in it.

Code:
NAME: Catastroph
LEVEL: 71                              EXP: 0
HP: 19997                              GIL: 0
MP: 19997                              SPEED: 45
ATTACK: 67                             MAGIC POWER: 20
ATT. MULT: 18                          MAGIC MULT: 9
EVADE%: 15                             MAGIC EVADE%: 33
DEFENSE: 40                            MAGIC DEFENSE: 20
STATUS IMMUNITY: Dead, Stone, Toad, Mini, Poison, Sleep, Charm, Berserk, Mute, 
Stop
ELEMENTAL ABSORB: Earth
SPELLS: Gravity 100, Earth Shaker, Demon's Eye
DROP (ALWAYS): Soft                    STEAL (COMMON): Elixir
DROP (RARE): Nothing                   STEAL (RARE): Cabin
AI SCRIPT:
Condition:Status:Party Member:Float{
     Gravity 100
     }
{Earth Shaker,Earth Shaker,Demon's Eye}
{Fight,Earth Shaker,Specialty}

Float and Reflect Rings will do the deed if you want to, but so will just kicking its ass. He petrified my Monk. I killed him in four hits. Gotta love two handed samurai crits.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
You know, looking at my party, it seems like it's designed to kill Omega. I'll have to try.

Just gotta wait him out until he targets himself and then blow him away with Thundaga. Being able to heal through reflect rings though should allow you to do just that.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Update 36 : Castle Crashing!

2:55 : Time to fight some old man birds.

Code:
NAME: Alte Roite
LEVEL: 58                              EXP: 0
HP: 6000                               GIL: 0
MP: 1000                               SPEED: 45
ATTACK: 45                             MAGIC POWER: 5
ATT. MULT: 20                          MAGIC MULT: 5
EVADE%: 70                             MAGIC EVADE%: 60
DEFENSE: 45                            MAGIC DEFENSE: 60
STATUS IMMUNITY: Dead, Stone, Toad, Mini, Aging, Sleep, Paralyze, Charm, Stop
SPELLS: Circle, Remedy
DROP (ALWAYS): Nothing                 STEAL (COMMON): Potion
DROP (RARE): Healing Staff             STEAL (RARE): Revivify
AI SCRIPT:
{Fight,Circle,Specialty}
     Display Text: Alte Roite shows its true form!
     Unhide Monster: Jura Avis
     }
React:Item:Soft{
     Display Text: Arute Roite:  Aahh!
     Display Text: 'Really works...
     Remedy
     }

NAME: Jura Avis
LEVEL: 61                              EXP: 0
HP: 15000                              GIL: 0
MP: 1000                               SPEED: 40
ATTACK: 65                             MAGIC POWER: 45
ATT. MULT: 10                          MAGIC MULT: 14
EVADE%: 20                             MAGIC EVADE%: 10
DEFENSE: 35                            MAGIC DEFENSE: 30
STATUS IMMUNITY: Dead, Stone, Toad, Mini, Float, Sleep, Charm, Berserk, Stop
ELEMENTAL ABSORB: Air, Lightning, Ice, Fire
CREATURE TYPE: Avis
SPELLS: Breath Wing, Flame, Thunder, Blaze, Maelstrom, Entangle
DROP (ALWAYS): Dragon Fang             STEAL (COMMON): Turtle Shell
DROP (RARE): Nothing                   STEAL (RARE): Dragoon Spear
AI SCRIPT:
{Breath Wing,Maelstrom,Specialty}
{Entangle,Fight,Specialty}
{Flame,Maelstrom,Specialty}
{Thunder,Maelstrom,Specialty}
{Blaze,Maelstrom,Specialty}

You get to fight six sets of these assholes. Good place to farm the Dragon Spear! Pretty easy, though the old man form has a good evade. The northern chest has Red Slippers.

3:01 : I saved after using a cottage. Gonna go after the southern group now. Southern chest has a Rainbow Dress.

3:07 : Now to explore the base level. Northeast door has nothing. Southeast door leads to a free set of Hermes Sandals. Southwest door leads to Thor's Hammer! Back to the basement.

3:10 : Talk to the woman and keep following the path up. Instead of going in the door to the keep, go all the way over to the west. Next room has an obvious hidden passage heading east, leading to the Man-Eater.

3:16 : Head back to the keep. Try to leave out the northeast door for a boss fight!

Code:
NAME: Halicarnaso
LEVEL: 97                              EXP: 0
HP: 33333                              GIL: 0
MP: 5000                               SPEED: 40
ATTACK: 65                             MAGIC POWER: 250
ATT. MULT: 12                          MAGIC MULT: 99
EVADE%: 0                              MAGIC EVADE%: 66
STATUS IMMUNITY: Dead, Stone, Toad, Poison, Sleep, Paralyze, Charm, Berserk, 
Stop
SPELLS: Dynamo, Dispel, Haste, Shell, Holy, Kurururu!
DROP (ALWAYS): Nothing                 STEAL (COMMON): Light Staff
DROP (RARE): Elf Cape                  STEAL (RARE): Aegis Shield
AI SCRIPT:
     {Fight,Dynamo,Specialty}
     {Fight,Fight,Dispel}
     {Fight,Dynamo,Specialty}
     {Fight,Fight,Haste}
     {Fight,Dynamo,Specialty}
     {Fight,Fight,Shell}
     Set V00=00
     Holy
     }
Set V00=01
Kurururu!
React:Summon Magic{
     Display Text:   focusing power!
     Change Music??
     Strong Fight
     }

The safe way to do this is with Reflect Rings on everyone. I'm doing it a different way. I'm going to use the Thief Knife to steal, and I am going to use the Wonder Wand to reset the battle until I get her rare steal, the Aegis Shield. I'll be back when I do get it to finish the post!

3:42 UPDATE! Got the Aegis Shield! Now I have one for everyone but the monk. Now its time to explain how the fight works. Samurai has been using the thief knife, Monk has been turning her into a Frog, Black Mage has been turning the Monk into a frog, and the Knight has been Guarding. Hally turns everyone into a frog, but frog counters frog so the Monk and the Samurai turn human. Whenever the Samurai steals the staff of light the Black Mage equips and then "breaks" the Wonder Rod which casts Return for free, resetting the battle from the start. Now that is taken care of I'm gonna put the Masamune back on the Samurai and wail on her. She'll never even get to cast holy considering the shield was stolen on only the Samurai's second turn. Thundaga, Flare, Brave Blade, Masamune kills her just after her fourth turn.

Link Man

Banned
Update time!

irCPTdsh9AvOb.png

Wait, Sandworm is a boss?

ieZGNJROEzIYL.png
igcxTy4XsgsKG.png

inuh3yJvUrPBQ.png
ibfj0jkQSfcBg2.png

Some more fodder.

And my last job is Time Mage! Guess I'll be going into the Trench.

iWPoV6DtFUA66.png

Also, it's funny to note that the Time Mage has higher innate attack than the Blue Mage. Should make for some fun times with the Chicken Knife.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Update 37: Twintania used to scare the shit out of me.

3:58 : One more rare steal for the road. The "best katana" in the game is the rare steal from Yojimbo. They are found outside the castle on the way to and from the save point and Hally, so I figure I'll just steal it now. One Quicksave will summon a group with one Yojimbo right up, and I'll use WW to reset until I get it.

4:14 : Didn't take too long. Also on the way back from saving I fought Ramuh. Neat.

4:17 : Twintania is right up the stairs past Hally. Is really easy if you know what you are doing.

Code:
NAME: Twin Tania (1st form)
LEVEL: 39                              EXP: 0
HP: 50000                              GIL: 0
MP: 10000                              SPEED: 35
ATTACK: 90                             MAGIC POWER: 7
ATT. MULT: 14                          MAGIC MULT: 5
DEFENSE: 30                            MAGIC DEFENSE: 16
Charm, Berserk, Stop
ELEMENTAL WEAKNESS: Water, Holy
CREATURE TYPE: Heavy, Creature
SPELLS: Atomic Ray, Snowstorm, MindBlst, Wind Slash, Tidal Wave, Mega Flare
BLUE MAGIC: MindBlst
DROP (ALWAYS): Nothing                 STEAL (COMMON): Phoenix Down
DROP (RARE): Tinker Bell               STEAL (RARE): Flame Shield
AI SCRIPT:
{Atomic Ray,Snowstorm,Fight}
{Atomic Ray,Snowstorm,Fight}
{MindBlst,Wind Slash,Wind Slash}
Unhide Monster: Twin Tania (2nd form)
     {Tidal Wave,Nothing,Nothing}
     }
     {Mega Flare,Nothing,Nothing}
     }

NAME: Twin Tania (2nd form)
LEVEL: 30                              EXP: 0
HP: 50000                              GIL: 0
MP: 10000                              SPEED: 81
ATTACK: 90                             MAGIC POWER: 72
ATT. MULT: 13                          MAGIC MULT: 12
DEFENSE: 0                             MAGIC DEFENSE: 0
STATUS IMMUNITY: Mini, Poison, Aging, Sleep, Paralyze, Charm, Berserk
ELEMENTAL WEAKNESS: Water, Holy
CREATURE TYPE: Creature
SPELLS: Giga Flare
DROP (ALWAYS): Nothing                 STEAL (COMMON): Giant's Axe
DROP (RARE): Murasame                  STEAL (RARE): Nothing
AI SCRIPT:
Display Text: Charging up for Giga Flare!
Nothing
Giga Flare
Unhide Monster: Twin Tania (1st form)

50k is a lot of HP in this game, but not enough with defenses like this. If your party is physical, you want coral rings. If it is magical, you want Reflect Rings. Getting haste on would be nice but that presents its own problems. Because I have equip Swords I decided to go physical. Physical is nice because if you have a method of applying haste you don't need to worry about reflecting, and Equip swords allows even my shitty black mage to do around 5k with a one handed Excalibur hit. Brutal. Killed him right after his Mindblast failed to paralyze anyone, but sadly no tinkerbell for me.

Link Man

Banned
Update time!

iNGhuYaLoX3ac.png

I was scared for a moment, as two of them died early. However, they are susceptible to sleep.

iX7XhlKU5NnyT.png

This guy, however, is not. He is susceptible to Stop, but still counters with Earthquake at the end of battle.

ip4IyZiJkvf9S.png

Death Claw.

ikVzAr0dKZdMZ.png

Hahahahahahahahahaha!

ibbeEpBL3SDB4i.png

Ancient Sword + Magic Hammer cripples him.

iRLyRsZqLr2LU.png

Phoenix Down.

itYQmUTG7uctf.png

Up next, Lvl. 5 Death abuse.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Update 38: It's been a long road.

12:17 : Head back from the savepoint to the rift. First since I finally mastered my last job I might as well organize the party according to Strength. Bartz is Knight, Faris is Samurai, Krile is Black Mage, Lenna is Monk.

12:25 : First chest in the rift is a Fuma Shuriken! Next is surprise BOSS TIME!

Code:
NAME: Gilgamesh (X-Zone)
LEVEL: 59                              EXP: 0
HP: 37000                              GIL: 15
MP: 0                                  SPEED: 47
ATTACK: 109                            MAGIC POWER: 0
ATT. MULT: 13                          MAGIC MULT: 4
EVADE%: 5                              MAGIC EVADE%: 0
DEFENSE: 0                             MAGIC DEFENSE: 35
Aging, Sleep, Paralyze, Charm, Berserk, Mute, Image(2), Image(1), Stop
SPECIALTY EFFECT: 1.5 * Damage
SPELLS: 
DROP (ALWAYS): Nothing                 STEAL (COMMON): Genji Shield
DROP (RARE): Anti-Magic Bow            STEAL (RARE): Nothing
AI SCRIPT:
Condition:HP < 30000{
     Display Text: '...Butz...?
     Display Text: 'It's you isn't it!!
     Display Text: 'Why didn't you say so?
     Display Text: 'The monsters here are scary,
     Display Text: 'And I can't find my way out...
     Display Text: 'I'm about to cry...
     Display Text: 'By the way, how'd you get here?
     Display Text: Butz explains what happened
     Display Text: 'I see...now I can get home!
     Change Target:Self,No-Damage Magic
     }
     No Interrupt{
          Display Text: Gilgamesh:  Hah!
          {Fight,Fight,Nothing}
          {Fight,Fight,Nothing}
          }
     No Interrupt{
          Display Text: Gilgamesh:  Hah!
          {Fight,Fight,Nothing}
          {Fight,Fight,Nothing}
          }
     }
Display Text: Gilgamesh:  Another monster!
Set V00=01
Fight
React:Magic:No-Danage Magic{
     Display Text: 'How'd you like to escape?
     Display Text: '...
     Display Text: 'Oh..yeah...that's right...
     Display Text: 'Well if we live, let's meet again...
     Display Text: 'I know we will...
     Display Text: 'At that time we'll be friends...
     Display Text: 'N... never mind!
     Display Text: 'Later!
     }

Stole the Genji Shield from him, not bad.

12:30 : Next screen. First chest is a Fuma Shuriken! Second is an Elixir! Monsters here are tough, mainly heavy so no slash, and have high HP. This party is well leveled and has Gil Toss, Black Magic, and Two handed swords, so it is still killing stuff quick. Onto the next section.

12:37 : Hmm, that chest looks like a mystery chest, better save it for later. The second chest is a Fuma Shuriken. Next room!

12:40 : Glowing point of light...must be mine!

Code:
NAME: Barrier
LEVEL: 44                              EXP: 0
HP: 8800                               GIL: 0
MP: 300                                SPEED: 1
ATTACK: 100                            MAGIC POWER: 5
DEFENSE: 30                            MAGIC DEFENSE: 10
STATUS IMMUNITY: Toad, Mini, Float, Poison, Zombie, Darkness, Aging, Sleep, 
Paralyze, Charm, Berserk, Image(2), Image(1)
INITIAL STATUS: (Always) Wall
SPELLS: Flare, Holy, Fire3, Bolt3, Ice 3
DROP (ALWAYS): Nothing                 STEAL (COMMON): Hi-Potion
DROP (RARE): Nothing                   STEAL (RARE): Wall Ring
AI SCRIPT:
Change Target:Single Enemy with Wall
{Flare,Holy,Flare}
Change Target:All Allies
{Fire3,Bolt3,Ice 3}
Change Target:Single Enemy with Wall
{Holy,Flare,Holy}
Change Target:All Allies
{Fire3,Bolt3,Ice 3}

NAME: Necrofobia
LEVEL: 66                              EXP: 0
HP: 44044                              GIL: 0
MP: 10000                              SPEED: 47
ATTACK: 99                             MAGIC POWER: 50
ATT. MULT: 16                          MAGIC MULT: 16
EVADE%: 10                             MAGIC EVADE%: 75
DEFENSE: 50                            MAGIC DEFENSE: 50
Charm, Berserk, Stop
ELEMENTAL WEAKNESS: Water, Air, Earth, Holy, Poison, Lightning, Ice, Fire
INITIAL STATUS: Invul
SPECIALTY: Vacuum Wave
SPECIALTY EFFECT: HP Leak, 1.5 * Damage
SPELLS: Hurricane, Doom, Flash
BLUE MAGIC: Flash
DROP (ALWAYS): Nothing                 STEAL (COMMON): Elixir
DROP (RARE): Lumina Suit               STEAL (RARE): Thief Glove
AI SCRIPT:
Condition:V02=01{
     No Interrupt{
          Display Text: Necrofobia:  Die!!
          Change Target: Gilgamesh
          Flare
          No-Damage Magic
          }
     }
Condition:V01=01 & Alone{
     Terminate
     }
Condition:V01=01{
     {Specialty,Fire3,Bolt3}
     {Specialty,Ice 3,Strong Fight}
     }
     No Interrupt{
          {Fight,Fight,Hurricane}
          {Fight,Fight,Specialty}
          }
     No Interrupt{
          {Fight,Fight,Specialty}
          {Fight,Fight,Specialty}
          }     
     No Interrupt{
          {Fight,Fight,Hurricane}
          {Fight,Fight,Specialty}          }
     No Interrupt{
          {Fight,Fight,Specialty}
          {Fight,Fight,Doom}
          }
     }
Condition:Alone{
     Display Text: 'M... my invincible barrier...
     Display Text: 'Then I have no choice...
     Display Text: 'Have a taste of...
     Display Text: 'My real power!!
     Set V00=02
     Flash
     }
     Nothing
     }
Display Text: 'With these four barriers...
Display Text: 'I am now invincible!
Display Text: 'Can you defeat me?
Set V00=01
Nothing
React:Death & Condition:Alone{
     Display Text: 'E...  Ex... !!!
     Nothing     }
Condition:HP < 9999 & V01=00 & HP Damage & React:??{
     No Interrupt{
          Change Music
          Unhide Monster: Gilgamesh (Necrofobia)
          Display Text: 'Gil... Gilgamesh!!
          Display Text: Gilgamesh:  Phew!  I made it!
          Display Text: 'If I go home right now,
          Display Text: 'I'll remain in history
          Display Text: 'as a weakling!
          Display Text: Necrofobia:  Heh...
          Display Text: 'Blabbermouth...
          Display Text: 'I'll get rid of you first!
          Set V01=01
          Nothing
          }
     }
Code:
NAME: Gilgamesh (Necrofobia)
LEVEL: 93                              EXP: 0
HP: 55000                              GIL: 0
MP: 60000                              SPEED: 88
ATTACK: 115                            MAGIC POWER: 0
ATT. MULT: 25                          MAGIC MULT: 4
EVADE%: 30                             MAGIC EVADE%: 0
DEFENSE: 35                            MAGIC DEFENSE: 0
Aging, Sleep, Paralyze, Charm, Berserk, Mute, Image(2), Image(1), Wall, Armor, 
Shell, Stop, Haste, Slow, Invul, Regen
SPELLS: 
DROP (ALWAYS): Nothing                 STEAL (COMMON): Genji Armor
AI SCRIPT:
Condition:V02=01{
     Nothing
     }
Condition:V03=01{
     Display Text: Gilgamesh:  Lenna!
     Display Text: 'Never forget your
     Display Text: 'love for animals...
     Display Text: Lenna:  ...
     Display Text: Gilgamesh:  Butz!
     Display Text: 'I would've liked to have a
     Display Text: 'one on one battle with you!
     Display Text: 'You were such good friends...
     Display Text: '... Gilgamesh....
     Remedy
     Set V02=01     Change Target:Self
     Remedy
     }
Display Text: Gilgamesh:  You're pretty good!
Display Text: 'You can even defeat...
Display Text: 'The great Gilgamesh?!
Reverse Polarity
Display Text: Gilgamesh:  Cara!
Display Text: 'Your grandfather...
Display Text: 'He was a strong man!
Display Text: Cara:  ... Grandpa....
Display Text: Gilgamesh:  Faris!
Display Text: 'Go fall in love...
Display Text: 'Then you'd be more feminine!
Display Text: Faris:  ...
Set V03=01
Remedy
React:Magic:No-Damage Magic{
     No Interrupt{
          Display Text: Gilgamesh:  That's...!
          Display Text: 'my line!!
          Change Target:Single Enemy Back Row
          Exploder
          Terminate
          }
     }

This boss fight is complicated, no? Haste really really helps out here so you can set up your offenses. The barriers love -aga spells too so a Flame Shield is a great idea. But you need to kill those barriers ASAP. They have a smart script so they'll just bounce spells off of themselves.

Three Gil Tosses brings down the barriers. He barely finished his speech about being invincible. As for Necro himself he is weak to every single element but has a high defense. Switch to Excalibur if you have a knight to really do some damage. When Gilgamesh appears the fight is over, try and steal his Genji Armor like I just did!

BONUS TIME!

So it's taken me a lot longer to set up then I anticipated, but I'm going to fight Shinryu right now. If anyone has been paying attention to what I've been writing you'll note that long, long ago I mentioned that I might have a use for Equip Katanas on my Black Mage. Now it finally happened. I'll go over my process right here as is the case with most superbosses in RPGs, the setup is the important part.

1. Grind the Wonder Wand down to Berserk. Whenever you attack with WW you cast a spell, it starts with Cure and goes in order through all the White and Black spells, and goes back to Cure. Previously I broke it repeatedly (casting return, thus nullifying the break) for stealing Aegis Shield and the "Best Katana" (I should have used it for the Flame Shields as well, wasn't thinking. The spell order if you are curious is. Cure, Scan (Skips this one), Antidote, Silence, Protect,Mini, Cura, Raise, Confuse, Blink, Shell, Esuna, Curaga, Reflect, BERSERK. The next spell is Arise and I'll use it on Neo Exdeath if I need it. That took about five minutes.

2. Get everyone but the Knight in critical. This took forever. Rift enemies are tough as nails. It mainly happened by attacking with the Black Mage after they died. This took half an hour.

3. Saving at the save point, getting back to the chest. This took awhile to do without dying. Gil was tossed. Game was reset a few times. Took fifteen minutes.

4. Setting up everyone. Black mage with Equip Katana, Monk with Equip Sword, Knight with whatever, he's gonna Guard the whole fight anyways, Samurai with Two Handed. Wonder Wand at the top of the item list, Black mage with the Masamune.

5. Switch Masamune with Wonder Wand, attack with it. Cast Berserk. All down hill from here.

6. Knight needs to guard of course. If you don't have a Knight but can still use Berserk you're gonna want image. Image is granted by Mirage vest, and is refreshed by switching weapons and you can steal three more of them.

7. Stat line!

Code:
NAME: Shinryuu
LEVEL: 97                              EXP: 0
HP: 55500                              GIL: 0
MP: 51000                              SPEED: 87
ATTACK: 175                            MAGIC POWER: 128
ATT. MULT: 38                          MAGIC MULT: 52
EVADE%: 20                             MAGIC EVADE%: 95
DEFENSE: 60                            MAGIC DEFENSE: 60
Charm, Stop
ELEMENTAL ABSORB: Holy
CREATURE TYPE: Heavy, Dragon
SPELLS: Maelstrom, Roulette, Snowstorm, Atomic Ray, Thunder, Bolt2, MghtyGrd, 
L2 Old, L3 Flare, Demon's Eye, Poison Breath, Tidal Wave,  Zombie Breath
BLUE MAGIC: Roulette, MghtyGrd, L2 Old, L3 Flare
DROP (ALWAYS): Dragon Crest            STEAL (COMMON): Dragon Fang
DROP (RARE): Nothing                   STEAL (RARE): Dragon Whip
AI SCRIPT:
     {Maelstrom,Fight,Roulette}
     {Snowstorm,Atomic Ray,Thunder}
     No Interrupt{
          {Maelstrom,Fight,Roulette}
          {MghtyGrd,L2 Old,L3 Flare}
          }
     No Interrupt{
          {Fight,Fight,Demon's Eye}
          {Fight,Fight,Poison Breath}
          }
     }
Nothing
No Interrupt{
     Set V00=01
     Tidal Wave
     }
React:Magic:No-Damage Magic{
     Set V00=00
     Zombie Breath
     }
Condition:HP < 20000 & HP Damage{
     {No-Damage Magic,Nothing,Nothing}
     }

HNI_0004-1.jpg

HNI_0005-1.jpg

Link Man

Banned
Update Time!

So, I grinded statues to get Faris as a Master Archer. Will help later on.

ibpFLEVXBl6XSS.png

Pitiful boss, died to Death Claw.

i2ClDjCkvRf7T.png
ibeMkekf71kE0F.png

Poisoned by Bio, then Death Claw. Died too quickly after Death Claw due to the poison, so came as a surprise.

itF9LWqwAoCpY.png

Enkidu is the real trouble in this fight, luckily he is susceptible to Death Claw as well.

ibtloHGQyaMtRa.png

Sleep completely disables him. Easy boss for those with Sleep available (much more difficult otherwise).

Went to Guido's cave for Aeroga and a branch, then to Moore for gear and magic. Next, crystals!

iQ6tsVNILLGOi.png

Update on the run involving pointy hats:

Fork Tower made me frustrated with the damage range on Comet, especially with no way to Dispel Omni. Minotaur fell to a 2-handed Brave Blade.

In the undersea trench, I failed to follow my own advice and forgot to get the Magic Lamp. The triplets were solved by giving 3 party members Spellblade, hasting everyone, and striking 3 times with Break.

Now in possession of Quick and Meteor, this run is nearing its end.

Still doing my run, just left Bal. Chemist is infinitely better than I used to give it credit for, Mix lets you make awesome things. Gotta stock up on various items and farm these Turtle Shells though, not that it's hard.

Link Man

Banned
Still doing my run, just left Bal. Chemist is infinitely better than I used to give it credit for, Mix lets you make awesome things. Gotta stock up on various items and farm these Turtle Shells though, not that it's hard.
Potion+Ether=full HP
Hi-Potion+Ether=full MP
Phoenix Down+Potion=revive with full HP/MP

Best mixes in the game. (Well, besides the level stuff.)

Potion+Ether=full HP
Hi-Potion+Ether=full MP
Phoenix Down+Potion=revive with full HP/MP

Best mixes in the game. (Well, besides the level stuff.)

Yeah. Used an Antilixir on the Manticore boss earlier too, saved me a lot of trouble as I probably couldn't have dealt with it without grinding otherwise.
I'm getting Potions for free right now, the werewolf at the inn keeps feeding me!

EDIT: I've hit the limit, still I thought that was a one-time thing so I didn't expect that.

Link Man

Banned
Been a little while, done a lot.

iRBxMT3FUsCXC.png

Easy.

ibi1aluYyrHepW.png

Nearly full HP!
Still dies.

ifKSnY09kW53E.png
i12zQTWEoMAEb.png

Learn a couple of worthless spells from him.

ibf3lIfkrYFyd5.png

No fancy tricks, just learn Lvl. 3 Flare and pummel while trying to survive.

irXAiGKQkNByX.png

Burn baby burn!

Also went to Phoenix Tower and got 4 Reflect Rings. Osmose, Death, Quick and Banish from Mirage. Next time, will get Mighty Guard and tackle the Island Shrine.

isfuNpqWgqNMA.png

Game Set.
tGQvz.png

This is probably the second easiest time I've had with Exdeath, the only easier one being the time I chose the classes myself. I will never doubt the power of Time Mages from here on in. Getting the brave blade would have been considerably more annoying if I couldn't reroll all back attacks from Regole on. Speaking of which, I'm not sure I'd go for that again even if I got knight again. Ragnarok isn't that much worse.
J6Mzn.png
Ob5Hy.png

YOMDy.png
Zd7Po.png

Top Bottom