• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy IX coming to PC & Smartphones

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garlador

Steiner is my favorite character ever and that is my favorite opening.

Steiner gets the hottest, most badass Final Fantasy girl ever and wins at life.
sexy+beatrix+final+fantasy.jpg

OmegaFax

I'd expect the price to be at parity with the PS4 FFVII re-release or what other 3D FF games are going for on iOS/Android ... which is ~$15USD. $40 is a bit much

Yeah, it's weird how every other currency seems to be around 20.

Maybe they mistyped the US dollars price. The US price being significantly more expensive than the others seems like the opposite of what it usually is.

KtSlime

Certainly it is a mistake. Square Enix has never charged that much for a mobile game, not even brand new, not even Dragon Quest. If they can't get away charging that much for Drakue there is no way they could do it for Final Fantasy.

Labadal

Considering how many new games I am interested in this year, I will wait for a price that I find acceptable. In the meantime, should I get the urge to play the game, I will just emulate my PS1 copy.

Eusis

I paid that I think for the PS1 copy when it came out. It'd need to be more heavily updated or elusive to get to justify that now, and neither is the case.

Unless load times are eliminated... But it'd be a low priority.

Ludens

Banned
The funny thing is, if the 40$ price is true, the game will cost 4x the PSN version, basically adding only achievements for it and little improvements in and there.
It's exactly like FFVII situation: PS! version is 10€, PS4 version is 16 with the only difference of achievements and some tunes in and there carried from PC version (it looks much better than PS1 version, of course, but really is nothing special).

Holmes

The funny thing is, if the 40$ price is true, the game will cost 4x the PSN version, basically adding only achievements for it and little improvements in and there.
It's exactly like FFVII situation: PS! version is 10€, PS4 version is 16 with the only difference of achievements and some tunes in and there carried from PC version (it looks much better than PS1 version, of course, but really is nothing special).
The PS4 version is also 1080p, which the PS1 version is not, and contains boosts like turbo mode, no encounters and God mode.

Ludens

Banned
The PS4 version is also 1080p, which the PS1 version is not, and contains boosts like turbo mode, no encounters and God mode.

Yeah, but come on...those are simply cheats. SE bundled a trainer and called the day, I wouldn't definite those features. Ok for 1080p, as I wrote THERE ARE improvements from PS1 version, but at least the rice is the right one here, 6€ more should be ok.

The funny thing is the 40 dollars price isnt true considering we dont get the same price in Europe and UK.
People paying in dollars see 40 dollars. People paying in euros see 24 euros. People paying in pounds see 20 pounds.

lol, I absolutely love the game and play to get it as soon as pre-orders open, but I will not pay £20. £12 or £13 are way more reasonable prices for a 15-year -old game.

aravuus

The funny thing is the 40 dollars price isnt true considering we dont get the same price in Europe and UK.
People paying in dollars see 40 dollars. People paying in euros see 24 euros. People paying in pounds see 20 pounds.

25 euros, but yeah. It's a random price, most likely.

25€ is too much, anyway. 15 would be better, 10 would be perfect. Who am I kidding tho - I'm buying it day one no matter how much it is.

Ludens

Banned

I see 25€, still way too much, considering this is the price of Type 0.
Remaining FF titles are 15€, excluding LR.

pislit

Everytime I see this thread updated My heart skips a beat if this game already has a release date so that i could have a leave and play this game the 15th time. Lol.

With each day that passes it's getting exceedingly hard for me to not just start a new save file on my Vita. I love this game like no other. I've missed spending time with Vivi and the others.

tumblr_nqtaogYyJs1r9lpmmo1_500.gif

tumblr_nqtaogYyJs1r9lpmmo2_r1_500.gif

tumblr_nqtaogYyJs1r9lpmmo3_r1_500.gif

tumblr_nqtaogYyJs1r9lpmmo4_r1_500.gif

tumblr_nqtaogYyJs1r9lpmmo5_r1_500.gif

tumblr_nqtaogYyJs1r9lpmmo6_r1_500.gif

tumblr_nqtaogYyJs1r9lpmmo7_r1_500.gif

tumblr_nqtaogYyJs1r9lpmmo8_r1_500.gif

tumblr_nqtaogYyJs1r9lpmmo9_r1_500.gif

Psxphile

Is that all from the ending? I don't recall that shot of Amarant and Lani at all.

Lani was criminally under-utilized.

DfKw6fw.gif

A design this good shouldn't be reserved for one boss fight and a bare minimum of screen time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom