• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy [Mafia] |OT| Living in a Materia World, and I am a Materia Girl

Darryl

Banned
Hyper, with you being an alignment cop, weren't you wary of there being a framer in this game? Xam would have been the last person I would check, because he was one of the lynch contestants in the running on D1. I would not have trusted my results. I would have investigated one of the quiet ones. I guess that's just me though.

I know you've explained why you went for Xam, but I'm not convinced lol.

This is really stretching. I don't doubt there is a town alignment cop in the game because we have a known doctor miller. This came out after Hyper's reveal. He's basically confirmed town atm.

We have no one coming forth to counterclaim, there is little reason to doubt him. They could be buying time. I don't know. But taking a step to vote him out right now isn't rational because he's either telling the truth or the truth will come out eventually anyways.

Vote: Swamped

Swamped

Banned
This is really stretching. I don't doubt there is a town alignment cop in the game because we have a known doctor miller. This came out after Hyper's reveal. He's basically confirmed town atm.

We have no one coming forth to counterclaim, there is little reason to doubt him. They could be buying time. I don't know. But taking a step to vote him out right now isn't rational because he's either telling the truth or the truth will come out eventually anyways.

Additionally, I would not have investigated Blargonaut, as he always seems to be the recipient of unwanted night actions lol. He was one of my top candidates for being framed, if there is a framer in this game (and I'm assuming there is, that's the worst case scenario I want to work with). So yeah, those results would be unreliable.

Darryl

Banned
Additionally, I would not have investigated Blargonaut, as he always seems to be the recipient of unwanted night actions lol. He was one of my top candidates for being framed, if there is a framer in this game (and I'm assuming there is, that's the worst case scenario I want to work with). So yeah, those results would be unreliable.

I don't get what this has to do with it. Unless someone counterclaims Hyperactivity, based on Golbez's role text, there should be no reason to think he's not telling the truth. Unless you're secretly hinting that you're the real alignment cop, with which you should've just counterclaimed from the start yesterday and saved the doctor who would have been your gretest asset. Or you could have tried a bit more to defend him, rather than letting him slip into death.

I'm concerned why you're chasing Hyperactivity right now. It doesn't make sense. I would have investigated Xam, too, because Xam was acting scummy as shit.

Darryl

Banned
As a funny meta thought, it actually would make sense if the alignment cop was Chaos. Since we kill doctors so fast, making a role to help ensure doctors survive is quite a twist. That role would essentially exist just to find Golbez, though.

Fuck. However, this would not fully explain the roleblock gambit if the alignment cop was chaos. We would also be fairly disadvantaged without our own cop. Hyperactivity being town makes more sense, especially with his outlandish name claim.

Darryl

Banned
At this point, cat is nearly out of the bag as far as roleclaims go. Doctor outed, cop outed, override outed, doublevote outed. I think we should demand one from Xam. Curious what Squall would do. If not today, tomorrow. Probably today. Fuxk it.

Top two scum candidates so far are Xam & Swamped.

Let's bring some hammers down and get some defenses going.

Lol, prior to today, I wasn't going to be able to make it to Day End again. Thankfully I now have that whole morning free. Planning to post more tomorrow as I'm doing less

Darryl

Banned
As an amend to my above comment, chaos alignment investigators in the scenario that Hyper is chaos makes little sense either as he would not have to say he was roleblocked. He would know if someone was neutral, etc, and would have no fear of mistakes

nin1000

Banned
Need to google what innocuous means

Because Christmas dinner doesn't leave me enough time to type out a long post on mobile

Have a good one then

christmas_taco_with_santa_hat_jigsaw_puzzle-r83d3b6c966fb40e8a4d1a9e0bb37042e_amb0f_8byvr_324.jpg

I really really need to get my reads list out today, especially if I'm getting lynched today (I think the deadline is tomorrow morning?). I know I've been saying that for a while now...but things have been busy. Hopefully I can get it out as a late christmas present to you all :)

If I was 'posturing' why would I pick Hyper, the claimed cop, as a target? I would pick someone much easier to paint as scum lol, and god knows there are so many in this game...

I'm just gonna say, would it really be that hard to paint me as scum? Especially if scum know that I've likely been roleblocked? And will report a failure in the morning. I can totally see scum deciding that it would be worth it to try and get me lynched instead of nk'ed.

Give me an example of "easier" targets to paint as scum.

I stated that I felt Hyper was 100% town when he asked for the votes on himself, implying that he was an ordinary. I saw that as a very Cosmos move. But after I read his claim, and after he elaborated today, I got very suspicious of him. People can change their minds you know. I just don't see a Cosmos cop acting the way he did at the end of D1. And really, he should have died last night as well. I cannot stress that enough. Chaos will lose if a cop runs loose for a long time. If there was a scum roleblocker, they should have blocked whomever they thought was a PR (I guess Sorian) and killed Hyper.

Um, how else do you want me to intervene? I'm not the sort of player who posts instructions to people in caps locks lol. I did my best to defend the players I did with my votes, and votes are hard proof. So one of your arguments against me is that I did not mention I was unsure about your claim? Well, I was certainly thinking it, even if I wasn't vocal about it. One of the reasons I asked you to vote for TAP was to see your reaction, and maybe learn something about TAP too. I can tell you right now that I did not glean much from that interaction...

On intervening. I find this to be little more than an excuse. You voted sure, but you hardly tried to change the vote in either situation. You personally distanced yourself from both votes sure, you had your votes on a different person, so that when UJ/me flipped town, you could easily say "I told you so", but you did nothing to try and change the tide of the vote as a whole, and now you're trying to say "what did you want me to do". It doesn't take caps lock to make a convincing argument in defense of someone, especially if you have legitimate reason to believe in your argument

sorry to say, but "thinking" it means little, because we have no real reason to believe you're telling the truth. I was "thinking" UJ was a miller doctor and that Darryl had a double vote, etc. etc. That means nothing, because I never said anything. But now you're trying to retcon what happened, because while you never said anything, you were "thinking" it.

I feel pretty good about Darryl being cosmos. He made an argument against me, but then went back and made some corrections. Even though it did not change his overall assessment of my alignment, I think this is something a Cosmos warrior would do. I don't think scum would go through the trouble of double-checking their arguments once they have painted someone else as scum, especially without any incentive (i.e. people prodding).

I haven't seen a recent vote count, but I think I may be in the lead with the votes. I wish I could fight back more but I'm not sure if I'll be able too (holidays blah blah). Still, I will check in tomorrow before the deadline and see if there's anything I can do to persuade you all that I only have Cosmos interests at heart.

I'll agree with you on Darryl most likely being town for now, but I'm not sure I buy your reasoning. It reminds me of your reasoning in regards to your reads on Xamtheking and TAP; it's flimsy, doesn't stand on its own too much

If you seriously are dismissing the possibility of certain people being scum for some of the reasons you've provided, I'm not sure how useful you are even if you are town (which I'm personally beginning to doubt)

Hyper, with you being an alignment cop, weren't you wary of there being a framer in this game? Xam would have been the last person I would check, because he was one of the lynch contestants in the running on D1. I would not have trusted my results. I would have investigated one of the quiet ones. I guess that's just me though.

I know you've explained why you went for Xam, but I'm not convinced lol.

Honestly, with the miller, not really. I didn't really worry about a framer. While a framer is one way to curtail an alignment cop, given the miller, I'm expecting miller types, godfathers, switchers, etc. I outlined this in an argument with Sorian in this thread on Day 1 yesterday (if not, might have been in another thread) iirc. Cops can play it by going through the inactives, but I'd much rather check the "hot topics" so we don't waste days on them. On top of that, had Xam ended up being scum and I ended up investigating someone else, I wouldn't be surprised if I got lynched next, especially given how I stuck my neck out for him.

Of course, this entire conversation means nothing in light of my ability failing.

Swamped, do you have any reason to believe a framer might be in the game?

My Cosmos Allies:

[m] Zippedpinhead - got to be Cosmos. I have a good feeling, especially after his posts today.

[m] Terrabyte20xx - Terra always confuses me, but he's pinging me as Cosmos so far. I believe his ordinary claim
[m] Launchpadmcq - He is closely analyzing posts, I think he's Cosmos so far
[m] Pop-O-Matic – He voted for Hyper after his cop claim. Very ballsy move. Also started of D2 with a vote on Hyper. Definitely someone I trust. Is staying out of the limelight a bit, but that may not be a bad thing…..
[m] nin1000 - It's really hard to say but I'm leaning town for now
[-] Darryl – see previous posts.

This is what I'm talking about in that your reasons being weird (mentioned earlier).

Zipped- 0 real reasoning
Terra- 0 real reasoning
Launch- he's ANALYZING posts. Really? That marks a town player to you?
Pop- eh, if you seriously believe I'm scum, this one is decent, I guess. But again, you dismiss him staying out of the limelight just because of that

nin1000- reasoning given: "Really hard to say"
Darryl- already covered the specific reasoning you gave for him

This reads like a scum player's read list imo. Because reads list for scum are more chores than anything else, and this stinks of that sort of attitude. You give the flimsiest reasoning to put someone on your town list, as if you don't really care about this list as a whole, you're more focused on posting it that having actual reasons for it

Ourobolus

Banned
CURRENT VOTES:

Darryl (0)
Zippedpinhead

Hyperactivity (2)
Pop-o-matic
LaunchpadMcQ
Swamped
nin1000

Pop-o-matic (0)
Hyperactivity

Blargonaut (0)
Hyperactivity

LaunchpadMcQ (1)
Hyperactivity
TheAwesomePossum
Blargonaut

TheAwesomePossum (0)
LaunchpadMcQ
nin1000

Xamtheking (1)
Blargonaut
Hyperactivity

Seath (1)
LaunchpadMcQ
TheAwesomePossum

nin1000 (2)
TL21xx
Terrabyte20xx
Hyperactivity

Swamped (2)
LaunchpadMcQ
Darryl

TL21xx (1)
Darryl
Zippedpinhead

Terrabyte20xx (1)
Seath

Need to google what innocuous means

Do I?

Darryl said:
At this point, cat is nearly out of the bag as far as roleclaims go. Doctor outed, cop outed, override outed, doublevote outed. I think we should demand one from Xam. Curious what Squall would do. If not today, tomorrow. Probably today. Fuxk it.

He's saying either your role is inconsequential or it's bullshit.

TL21xx

Banned
Will be asleep by the time the day ends. Darryl, if this goes wrong, I'm voting you off the island tomorrow.

Unvote

Terrabyte20xx

Junior Wrestlemania XXX Champion
Okay, looking at that clock, I might not be here for day end, so just in case I'm not:

VOTE: Zippedpinhead

Has had all of one post this day phase, a vote on TL21XX, which hid by sheeping Daryll. Sheeping in it of itself is not a bad thing, but for it to truely be a pro-town move it has to be accompanied by well worded reasoning in addition to ideas of their own. Zipped has done neither. If Daryll is town like I believe him to be at the moment, then it would make more than enough sense for zipped to follow him as he has taken up the primary speaking role in this game with the lack of Sorian.

I will try hard to be up for the end of day, but might not make it. So I'm going to put a vote down on Swamped as that's who I find most suspicious right now. I hope we find a mafia this time, no matter who ends up getting voted out.

vote: Swamped

Oh shit, I dunno if I'll be awake for the end of Day 2. I'll try to wake up in time, but if I don't...

What Swamped has said is way more suspicious than my minor grievances with Seath's wording on his thoughts on Sorian.

I am also a bit suspicious of Xam. Telling us a bit more about your role wouldn't hurt imo. If Chaos really wanted to know your role, they would investigate it themselves during night phase. I have a hunch that there are two cops with Hyper being the one aligned with the Cosmos.

I'm voting Swamped instead of Xam for now because the latter promised that he will post more tomorrow. If I'm available again before day phase ends, I'll then make a FINAL final decision.

Swamped

Banned
Sigh.

The amount of role fishing that's going on in this game is really quite appalling. Although i Guess i really should take some of the blame myself of course. i didn't do a good enough job of convincing you all that Hyper is 100% scum. Because there can't be two alignment cops in this game. I refuse to believe that.

Either i get lynched today or i die tonight anyway. But a one-for-one trade between me and scum is actually not bad! Terrible for Chaos though :p

That's why i haven't been fighting that hard against my lynch.

You have to see all my arguments from my perspective. I KNOW that Hyper is scum, because we can't both be alignment cops.

I thought my real role was pretty obvious from the way i was posting, i thought people would pick up on it, but oh well. The amount of bandwagoning that's going on today, finding the scum should be a piece of cake. So i wish you all the best, would have been great if i was there though.

Zipped is a Warrior of Cosmos. I chose Zipped because he was quite quiet on D1, and his posts gave me an uneasy feeling. I wanted to check someone who wasn't in the limelight so i could trust my results.

Swamped

Banned
I don't get what this has to do with it. Unless someone counterclaims Hyperactivity, based on Golbez's role text, there should be no reason to think he's not telling the truth. Unless you're secretly hinting that you're the real alignment cop, with which you should've just counterclaimed from the start yesterday and saved the doctor who would have been your gretest asset. Or you could have tried a bit more to defend him, rather than letting him slip into death.

I'm concerned why you're chasing Hyperactivity right now. It doesn't make sense. I would have investigated Xam, too, because Xam was acting scummy as shit.

How was i supposed to know the Doctor was about to get lynched???? I wasn't even online when UJ claimed! And even so, the risk would have been immense, especially if people still voted UJ after i counter claimed Hyper! And it looks like even more people voted UJ after the claim lol. It's not my job to make people change their voted. I'm not sure why you and Hyper are painting me as scum because i didn't fight hard for another player. I'm not a Town Leader by any stretch. I posted what i had to and voted the way i thought was best to save or PRs on D1. The rest was up to the rest of town.

We would have had so many claimed PRs. I'm not sure why you think counter claiming on D1 was a good idea...

nin1000

Banned
Sigh.Zipped is a Warrior of Cosmos. I chose Zipped because he was quite quiet on D1, and his posts gave me an uneasy feeling. I wanted to check someone who wasn't in the limelight so i could trust my results.

Well, there it is. I for one wont be the idiot that does NOT believe you. Sorry hyper you ducked up.

Vote:Hyperactivity

Swamped

Banned
The other reason i didn't investigate Xam is because I'm fairly sure he's Chaos as well, due to his association with Hyper (i can go into more detail if needed, but I've talked about it before). That's why i wanted to check a player i wasn't sure about at all.

nin1000

Banned
Yup! Terra Branford, the Half Esper.

Really wish i could have remained underground for a while longer...i messed up lol...

I guessed it by your way of posting yesterday and not responding today, well. He forced you out and I think he is probably reading this. I hope your defense is good hyper or your shouting. To the other scum players. Let's see how you turn this into 'I don't believe swamped'

CURRENT VOTES:

Darryl (0)
Zippedpinhead

Hyperactivity (3)
Pop-o-matic
LaunchpadMcQ
Swamped
nin1000
nin1000

Pop-o-matic (0)
Hyperactivity

Blargonaut (0)
Hyperactivity

LaunchpadMcQ (1)
Hyperactivity
TheAwesomePossum
Blargonaut

TheAwesomePossum (0)
LaunchpadMcQ
nin1000

Xamtheking (1)
Blargonaut
Hyperactivity

Seath (0)
LaunchpadMcQ
TheAwesomePossum

nin1000 (0)
TL21xx
Terrabyte20xx
Hyperactivity

Swamped (5)
LaunchpadMcQ
Darryl
TL21xx
StackpoleH
TheAwesomePossum

TL21xx (0)
Darryl
Zippedpinhead

Terrabyte20xx (0)
Seath

Zippedpinhead (2)
Terrabyte20xx
StarSketch

I'm conflicted! I like swamped and what she did "thanks, cheers, and much appreciated!"

But I also don't think we should lynch Hyper today. If swamped dies and hyper doesn't, then hyper needs to go, if hyper dies and flips cosmos then we know what to do.

So I'm going to vote against the person who still voted for me after even after swamped posted

vote: starsketch

I don't know even what would possess you to vote me, especially with no actual discussion. if you believe swamped, I'm cosmos, if you don't believe swamped shouldn't we test out her instead of trying to confirm by confirming action?

I have no way of knowing this because you vote bombed. You didn't even post a theory like terrabyte20xx. He's misguided but sometimes the white snow can be blinding.

So based on that I think you are scum trying to stir the pot a few hours before the end of day. That way you have deniability at the end of the day, but can have an impact.

What Swamped has said is way more suspicious than my minor grievances with Seath's wording on his thoughts on Sorian.

What exactly has she said that's suspicious to you?

I'm voting Swamped instead of Xam for now because the latter promised that he will post more tomorrow. If I'm available again before day phase ends, I'll then make a FINAL final decision.

Uh yeah. He promised he would post more, and that just means he's a townie that needs a little more time.

Hell, I won't be able to post much until day 9. Can you guys leave me alone until then? K cool.

Sigh.

The amount of role fishing that's going on in this game is really quite appalling. Although i Guess i really should take some of the blame myself of course. i didn't do a good enough job of convincing you all that Hyper is 100% scum. Because there can't be two alignment cops in this game. I refuse to believe that.

Either i get lynched today or i die tonight anyway. But a one-for-one trade between me and scum is actually not bad! Terrible for Chaos though :p

You have to see all my arguments from my perspective. I KNOW that Hyper is scum, because we can't both be alignment cops.

I thought my real role was pretty obvious from the way i was posting, i thought people would pick up on it, but oh well. The amount of bandwagoning that's going on today, finding the scum should be a piece of cake. So i wish you all the best, would have been great if i was there though.

Zipped is a Warrior of Cosmos. I chose Zipped because he was quite quiet on D1, and his posts gave me an uneasy feeling. I wanted to check someone who wasn't in the limelight so i could trust my results.

The Zipped comment at the end is misdirection for when you flip scum.

The fact that you saved this roleclaim until you were pressed tells me it's confirmed bullshit, but I'll humor you.

Question for you, how does Terra fit as an investigator?

Let's see if I actually wake up on time this time.

Vote: Zippedpinhead

I think that SS is fishing for what she perceives are inactives. Nothing to see here, folks.

Sigh.

Yeah, ok then

VOTE: Swamped

Darryl

Banned
How was i supposed to know the Doctor was about to get lynched???? I wasn't even online when UJ claimed! And even so, the risk would have been immense, especially if people still voted UJ after i counter claimed Hyper! And it looks like even more people voted UJ after the claim lol. It's not my job to make people change their voted. I'm not sure why you and Hyper are painting me as scum because i didn't fight hard for another player. I'm not a Town Leader by any stretch. I posted what i had to and voted the way i thought was best to save or PRs on D1. The rest was up to the rest of town.

We would have had so many claimed PRs. I'm not sure why you think counter claiming on D1 was a good idea...

Except at the time of Hyperactivity claiming, it was only me and Hyper claiming, that's a grand total of 2 PRs. And apparently, by your claim, Hyperactivity was lying. So it would have only outed one PR for one scum, which would have been an ok trade.

I just can't believe your defense. It is too long-winded. A lot of your messages framing Hyperactivity, like post 1139, offer scenarios that give him town points. Sorry if you are actually the cop, we'll get Hyperactivity tomorrow, but letting you survive today is impossible.

Top Bottom