• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Portal App (w/ Triple Triad) is now avaliable for Android/iOS

Zomba13

Hmm ok, thanks, he's the only one that seems to have non five cards that I lack. Guess I'll run him for a while.

For me this game would have been much better if the early and mid games were more drawn out. I have virtually no one to three star cards and if I want to try for a complete set it would take days/weeks of playing extremely easy matches. Though I guess the race is only if you want to play mp.

Yeah. Like, 90% of the cards are useless once you get to a certain point. It's really the stamina shit that prolongs their use. It would be much different if the online had different rankings and leagues or whatever to climb. Like you start out in 1*, only using 1*s against other people until you play enough to get 2* etc (but with an option for local or friend matches where you can use whatever from the start). That would make the lower rank cards matter more and have more use and I think it'd be more fun than everyone going into the same online pool where you need either luck/a dumb opponent or a 5* deck to have even a chance at winning.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Some people want TT though. SE doesn't understand the game though. It fucked up the implementation in FFXIV, fucked it up in the Portal app. They just don't get it. Which is weird because they nailed Tetra Master in PlayOnline (apart from it having a very small monthly fee).

What don't you like about it's implementations in FF14 and on mobile? I'm curious about what you think about FF14 TT in particular.

edit: Oh I see you talked about that in posts after this one.

Euphor!a

Banned
So looking at the card gallery there are chunks of missing cards. 312-318 and 343-347 are missing, anyone know what the deal is. And on a somewhat related note is there a card list anywhere?

I've been grinding for rares the past 2 days and nothing's showing up. What's the deal? It's pointless to try to earn them online since everyone's deck is stacked.

Fluxdyne

I don't think moogle has 5* cards but he does seem to be the only one that uses the FFXIV cards. I think maybe, when they link the two (they said they would right?) then FFXIV players get their cards in TT and Moogle is there so people who don't hav eFFXIV can earn them.

Maybe. I have no idea. He doesn't seem to count for anything.
I did get a 5* Bahamuth from Moogle, so he isn't completely useless.

Soonri

I've been grinding for rares the past 2 days and nothing's showing up. What's the deal? It's pointless to try to earn them online since everyone's deck is stacked.

Some people will have only one or two 5*s, and those are the ones you want to be able to win. I've also run into people who are on auto mode and have been able to get some wins there.
Maybe try some Plus or Same rule with some open cards? I haven't played with those rules online though.

The-Great-Wan

Neo Member

I've been grinding since launch not spent a penny. I've got 73 wins now and a decent deck and a decent back up deck. You've just got to get lucky with the opponents

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
AI never has any five star cards. Close to 100 matches in and the 5 stars never appear. Thankfully I won many through human matches but everyone wants to play boring vanilla matches so they can put their lightning in the top right corner and tidus in the bottom left.

You created a ''SE Members account'' but what you need is a ''SE account''. Either create the account from within the app (click the red banner at the top)
21iycjv.jpg
jlvnDgA.png

or just use this link
https://secure.square-enix.com/account/app/svc/register?

Thank you :)

Dunan

Just played 5 draws in a row against Lightning (normal mode) with the Chaos rule active.

Discovered halfway through that the game places your cards in the order that it's going to make you play them; it's not randomized after the beginning.

A crystal regenerated, and then I won 9 to 1.

Which pumped me up to play more, but... no more crystals. At least give us 10 at a time!

Do you lose cards if you lose a game of versus like in the original game? So far i've stuck to Solo mode in fear of losing my hard earned 5* cards!

It seems like everytime I run into someone with 30+wins the connection drops and I go auto. It's nice, cause I usually can win or draw those, but still, it really skews things. I'm thinking oh man, this guy has 65 wins, he's going to roll me and then boom, drop before the first card hits. Rarely do I get drops with opponents under 10 wins, however...

Fluxdyne

It seems like everytime I run into someone with 30+wins the connection drops and I go auto. It's nice, cause I usually can win or draw those, but still, it really skews things. I'm thinking oh man, this guy has 65 wins, he's going to roll me and then boom, drop before the first card hits. Rarely do I get drops with opponents under 10 wins, however...
I guess they drop the connection intentionally. That's how they got so many wins, they are just battling against people on "auto".

yatesl

I really wish it matched you with similar decks. I have no 5* cards (not read the topic) and every online match throws out lightening, some person on a beach - basically, A's everywhere. It's very boring.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
I really wish it matched you with similar decks. I have no 5* cards (not read the topic) and every online match throws out lightening, some person on a beach - basically, A's everywhere. It's very boring.

Is no one playing games with Plus still?
That's one way to even out those matches.

SunGod

Yeah people constantly, purposely switching to auto and matches being a race of who can put Lightning in the top corner first have turned me off multi matches

Most of my matches end in a draw now unless the opponent goes first and plays Lightning in the top right hand corner, I have a strategy for it :p

But anyway I got bored of it and have stopped playing for now. It was fun while it lasted, hopefully people start playing with different rules.

So unless I'm blind, I don't think this version of FF1 (the free one in the app) has the Earthgift Shrine available. Which I assume means that none of the other bonus dungeons are available? I came back after I got the airship so Lich was defeated (the dungeon should have been there even before, you just couldn't get in).

Has anyone else noticed this?

also

Banned
The cards now cost 100 and 30 points now instead of 300 and 80 like before. Apparently the previous absurd prices were a display error.

Jazz573

I don't think I quite understand the Same or Plus rules, so if anyone could clear that up for me, I'd really appreciate it.

Lucreto

I don't think I quite understand the Same or Plus rules, so if anyone could clear that up for me, I'd really appreciate it.

If the Same rule is in effect, if your card matches the numbers on two or more cards on each side, you will capture those cards.

Let's say the enemy has the middle spot on the top line the bottom number is let's say is 2. The enemy also has a card on the middle line on the right. The left number is a 2.

You place a card in the middle of the board with a 2 on the top and a 2 on the right you should get the same bonus.

This works in a similar sense to Same, in that you compare sides. With Plus, you add adjacent numbers (each side is separate); if they have the same sum, you capture each card.

Dunan

I may have missed it, but is there any way to have trade rules other than One when playing single player? I'm up to about 120 wins in solo mode, have 1 win (0 losses, 0 draws) in versus, and the game is getting stale.

You can't do it on all cards.
My guess is it won't work on any of the 5* cards.

Actually you can, but as it turns out, all it does is rearrange the positions of the numbers. I thought it would power up the card a bit, you know, given that it takes "a least ten cards" to make a new one.

Dorks on reddit are tracking progress here:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1DWJGuNCBuHzOLwvOuoxeJY1eRAR_pWwwRsJpO1wTE-o/edit#gid=0

But if I am able to make a new Lightning, even with rearranged numbers, that would be pretty great because I could have 2 Lightning cards in my deck at the same time. :p

Edit: Ah, hell, the double-ace Lightning card is a Dissidia card and those can't be created. What a load of crap.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Actually you can, but as it turns out, all it does is rearrange the positions of the numbers. I thought it would power up the card a bit, you know, given that it takes "a least ten cards" to make a new one.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1DWJGuNCBuHzOLwvOuoxeJY1eRAR_pWwwRsJpO1wTE-o/edit#gid=0

But if I am able to make a new Lightning, even with rearranged numbers, that would be pretty great because I could have 2 Lightning cards in my deck at the same time. :p

Ah ok. Someone else has said it didn't work and I assumed he meant the number rearranging which I already knew it did.

also

Banned

Edit: Ah, hell, the double-ace Lightning card is a Dissidia card and those can't be created. What a load of crap.

You wouldn't be able to have 2 Lightning cards anyway; a deck can't contain multiple cards with the same image OR pattern.

So I was going to try the trade section, but it's asking me for my password, and I can't remember what it is. Does anybody know where I can go to reset it? I've tried the help section within the app but from what I can tell that just takes me somewhere to reset my PlayOnline password, not Square account...

Card Boy

Banned
app is still shit with its energy cool downs. $1 to get 1 of 5 energy crystals refilled. Fuck off.

edit: local play requiring energy crystals wow.

Top Bottom