• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Portal App (w/ Triple Triad) is now avaliable for Android/iOS

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
More importantly..... TRIPLE TRIAD NOW ON MOBILE!!!!!

m50nEc8.jpg
xnx5D41.jpg

Yes I know the Jp version has been out for months.

Have yet to play FFVIII so I'll be trying Triple Triad for the first time.

Still waiting for a stand alone Blitzball game.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
What is this thing, exactly?
An app that has links to FF news, promos, mobile games, and a built in F2P version of Triple Triad.

Eventually it'll also be able to link to FFXIV for some Triple Triad cross game functionality.

randomkid

I'm still not used to these ridiculous app permission requests. Account identity, profile data, Device ID, call info, browsing history, bookmarks, phone number, like I wanna play Triple Triad as much as everyone but I mean ...

flyover

I am going to lose so much money on this app if you have to pay whenever you want to get rid of the random rule.

(I have no idea if it has the random rule.)

Persona7

Banned
I'm still not used to these ridiculous app permission requests. Account identity, profile data, Device ID, call info, browsing history, bookmarks, phone number, like I wanna play Triple Triad as much as everyone but I mean ...

In my experience even with the same app they try to get away with much more on android compared to ios.

Awesome, but kind of sad that FFV and VI representation is limited sprites and the old SD artwork. Even FFIV seems to be using the newer remake artwork.

How can you get Final Fantasy I free?

Just checked, it's actually only a specific version which has to be launched through the Portal app. And it's not even really "free", per se, they're simply allowing you to download for free for a limited time (such that if you delete the game locally and attempt to redownload outside of said period you'll be charged full price). Lame

DaiHard

In the terms for the free FF1 game it says 'After the free download period ends, users will be charged for downloading the app..

Does this mean only people that download it after the free period have to pay or will I suddenly be charged for it in the future?

In the terms for the free FF1 game it says 'After the free download period ends, users will be charged for downloading the app..

Does this mean only people that download it after the free period have to pay or will I suddenly be charged for it in the future?

It's free if you download it now because it's 'free' in the app store via the App. If you want it afterward, you'll have to pay up.

But, as long as you 'claim' it now for free via the app, it's yours.

Was kinda hoping this was gonna be like a Final FANTASY encyclopedia with a Triple Triad bonus, but it just seems likes it a shameful SE advertisement platform with the bonus of triple triad...

Xiraiya

Well that's fun, I like that they let you know some featured rare cards that characters might use.
I got my 10 match streak and got Cid from WOL in the process, I think I'm in a good spot for today.

The free to play vibes are strong but it's still TT.

Stuart444

I meant what are the rules of the game

There is a tutorial in the game, literally right when you open up.

In short, high numbers -> low numbers, each player has a colour to indicate how many cards you control. Person with most controlled cards wins.

There is different rules but the basic one that you have at the very start is that.

Top Bottom