• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Portal App (w/ Triple Triad) is now avaliable for Android/iOS

pottuvoi

Banned
I hope all of the existing rules available in this app.
Perhaps we can choose our own rules for multiplayer or there are certain places/bosses/events with certain rules?
I hope the rules will mutate spread with players and trough regions just like in FF8. ;)

Man, did "Downloading Data..." take a hell of a long time for anyone else? I'm stuck at 38% and it's been at that stage for 20 minutes for TT.

Please SE, I need more TT!

Also, if I'm not mistaken, now that the app is world-wide, they will be adding the feature which ties into FF14 so cards you get in the mobile app will unlock in FF14 and vice versa? Maybe we'll find out in the Live from the Producer stream on Friday?

*Edit* Exited out of TT, went back in and it seems to be going somewhat faster. It is telling me to "try again from a location with better reception or a wi-fi connection". This is on my wi-fi only Nexus 9 with full signal strength to my router in the next room. -_-

didn't realize this was out in jp for a while :( oh well, COMPLETELY ON THE TRIPLE TRIAD HYPE TRAIN!

i got tired of all of the RNG in the ff14 version of triple triad, even though it was still fun. Gonna play this every day for sure

Xiraiya

oPJmRt.png

These are the cards I got first in my starting deck, were they all the same for everyone? I assume so but I'm just curious.

Xiraiya

No there are not the same. I got an Odin card 3 stars. Would it be possible to reroll?
I imagine deleting all data and redownloading the app could let you reroll, personally I assume if it's random then every starting deck follows a specific formula so everyone is roughly the same just with different cards.

I hope the rules will mutate spread with players and trough regions just like in FF8. ;)

FFXIV does that as well.
But I'm not sure if it'll fit in a mobile game. If it's spread through each user's region over time, that would be interesting.

There is a tutorial in the game, literally right when you open up.

In short, high numbers -> low numbers, each player has a colour to indicate how many cards you control. Person with most controlled cards wins.

There is different rules but the basic one that you have at the very start is that.

He's talking about the rules such as open, closed, random, plus, same, sudden death, etc.
These rules are what make Triple Triad challenging & interesting.

Stuart444

He's talking about the rules such as open, closed, random, plus, same, sudden death, etc.
These rules are what make Triple Triad challenging & interesting.

First question was literally "How do you play triple triad?" not "What are the rules of triple triad and how do they work" so since my first response wasn't enough, I just gave a basic run down of the most basic rules.

Only thing I could have added without explaining every single rule is that "All Open" unlocks after the tutorial and means both players have to show what cards they have.

Rules don't make it interesting to me... beating people and taking their cards do.

Gotta collect them all...

TT is too addicting :(

Stuart444

Man, did "Downloading Data..." take a hell of a long time for anyone else? I'm stuck at 38% and it's been at that stage for 20 minutes for TT.

Also, if I'm not mistaken, now that the app is world-wide, they will be adding the feature which ties into FF14 so cards you get in the mobile app will unlock in FF14 and vice versa? Maybe we'll find out in the Live from the Producer stream on Friday?

*Edit* Exited out of TT, went back in and it seems to be going somewhat faster. It is telling me to "try again from a location with better reception or a wi-fi connection". This is on my wi-fi only Nexus 9 with full signal strength to my router in the next room. -_-

Yeah, I had the issues with downloading (using my own internets wifi) but it eventually downloaded after an hour or so :D

My download was also stuck at 38%.
I reopen the app and now it has passed it. Will be done shorty.

Or involve hours of tedious running around so you can permanently erase them from your game and never get trolled by them.

Good thing that we won't have to run around in this mobile app lol.

First question was literally "How do you play triple triad?" not "What are the rules of triple triad and how do they work" so since my first response wasn't enough, I just gave a basic run down of the most basic rules.

Only thing I could have added without explaining every single rule is that "All Open" unlocks after the tutorial and means both players have to show what cards they have.

Rules don't make it interesting to me... beating people and taking their cards do.

Gotta collect them all...

TT is too addicting :(

Ah, you're right. It seems that I'm actually the one that misunderstood him.

Yeah, it's totally addicting. I spent all of my free weekend time in FFXIV last time playing TT.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
First time playing Triple Triad. It's pretty good so far.

Arcayne

Triple Triad... [heavy breathing].

Anxiously waiting to download it on iOS later

edit: nvrm, dl'ing now, thx for the direct link!

Just checked, it's actually only a specific version which has to be launched through the Portal app. And it's not even really "free", per se, they're simply allowing you to download for free for a limited time (such that if you delete the game locally and attempt to redownload outside of said period you'll be charged full price). Lame
Yeah wtf lol

"After the free download period ends, users will be charged for downloading the app."

K.Sabot

I think the strat for mobile TT will be the same as FFXIV TT, ie go for achievement card, most likely one of the "collect 10 FF# cards". Seems like there's a soft lock where you won't see any card have a number over 7 for a while so I'm going for Type 0's achievement since I'm already halfway there.

zeopower6

It looks like some people have already gotten the 300 match achievement =___=

The Vivi card looks so good but so many VS. matches. D: Sephiroth is probably impossible unless you win trade lol

Plus is probably gonna confuse a lot of people at first like in XIV.

Arcayne

oh my god... the music, the sfx, more cards, AND landscape mode. FINALLY we get an official triple triad app. plays so good too

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Oh this is like one of those Japanese mobile game portals. All games are purchased and only playable from the portal.

Lucreto

Stamina system is BS. Basically you get five games per 2.5 hours after today.

I was addicted to the game in FFVIII back in the day. I spent hours just playing the card game.

That feature alone will make sure I still have a life or come back every 2.5 hours like a smoker with a cigarette.

Edit does it play the Triple Triad theme while playing?

Stamina system is BS. Basically you get five games per 2.5 hours after today.

It's on their promotional picture, "Casual yet competitive gameplay".
Perhaps it's there to cater the casuals? Hardcores' progress will be slowed down with the stamina so the casual will can always catch up.
I think this is where the money part comes in though. "Refill stamina with $$$".

Top Bottom