• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Portal App (w/ Triple Triad) is now avaliable for Android/iOS

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
That's weird. My NA S-E account/password isn't being recognized by the app. Anyone else have this issue?

EDIT: nevermind. I figured it out. S-E assigned me a different username than what I put in.

Hope character card for triple triad in points redemption?

Fuck that, get that ff13 shit out of here.
Get that elitist whining attitude outta here instead plz!!

-----

App is amazing! Can't wait ti get into the triple triad! Addiction incoming! And i can finally play FF1 haha

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
My SE Login doesn't work on the portal app. I even reset my password. Wtf.

HeroOfTime

Neo Member
Got Lightning as my first 3* :( it's not that it isn't strong but i would go Tidus all the way.

Almost managed to get a 15 streak but at 13 (with Lightning) she said "No, you will draw and lose that streak baby!". Almost nagged that 4* :(

I download this as fast as I knew and told everyone about it. Triple Triad online is something people were really craving for.

I'll meet you on the battlefield when I finish the normal bots!

Forkball

I accidentally challenged the Warrior of Light on easy again instead of on normal, wasting a crystal.

30 MINUTES OF MY LIFE GONE

Mihos

Gold Member
How robust is the solo mode? Only thing I hate more than phone gaming is online phone gaming... but I break that rule for FF games. Not going to bother if it is like 5 solo games and they expect that you will play other people the rest of the time.

rezn0r

That's weird. My NA S-E account/password isn't being recognized by the app. Anyone else have this issue?

EDIT: nevermind. I figured it out. S-E assigned me a different username than what I put in.

was about to ask you for details but i realized it was adding a space to my account name, making it error out. fixing that and i'm logged in fine. maybe this will help someone.

GaimeGuy

Oh god, I think I figured it out - when I registered FF8 after purchasing it back in November on Steam (from the in-game link!) it created a square enix EU account, not an NA account

That is fucking dumb.

So I created a us account, I hope they don't ban me for having two accounts now :/

Forkball

How robust is the solo mode? Only thing I hate more than phone gaming is online phone gaming... but I break that rule for FF games. Not going to bother if it is like 5 solo games and they expect that you will play other people the rest of the time.

There are easy, medium, and hard modes with 14 opponents each (one for each Final Fantasy game, but Moogle is there for FFXIV). So 42 single player battles. You can't skip around, you only unlock new characters by beating the previous one. You have to beat everyone of in one difficulty to unlock the next. You can also rebattle them to get different cards, or if you want to grind out a certain card so you can craft it. You can certainly spend a lot of time in that mode.

Also I am not getting the plus mechanic. Sometimes it just doesn't seem to activate even though the numbers are adding up. Am I missing something here?

GaimeGuy

There are easy, medium, and hard modes with 14 opponents each (one for each Final Fantasy game, but Moogle is there for FFXIV). So 42 single player battles. You can't skip around, you only unlock new characters by beating the previous one. You have to beat everyone of in one difficulty to unlock the next. You can also rebattle them to get different cards, or if you want to grind out a certain card so you can craft it. You can certainly spend a lot of time in that mode.

Also I am not getting the plus mechanic. Sometimes it just doesn't seem to activate even though the numbers are adding up. Am I missing something here?
You adding Adjacent numbers on adjacent cards? Ie: you place a card to the right and above two of the opponents, card A and B. Your left number plus the right number of card A matches Your bottom number plus the top number of card B.

That should be the plus rule

Forkball

You adding Adjacent numbers on adjacent cards? Ie: you place a card to the right and above two of the opponents, card A and B. Your left number plus the right number of card A matches Your bottom number plus the top number of card B.

That should be the plus rule

Do BOTH cards my card touches have to be enemy cards? For example

16 66 61

Let's say I put down the bold one. If 16 and 61 are enemy cards, they should flip, yes? But what if 16 is an enemy card but not 61? Will I still get the 16 card?

I haven't played Triple Triad since like 1999 and I forgot all this stuff.

Kitoro

The Triple Triad App is such wasted potential.

30 minute waits between games ridiculous.

They could have actually made money off this app if they got rid of energy and just sold card packs like Hearthstone or any other intelligently created TCG app.

Not a fan at all.

duckroll

Do BOTH cards my card touches have to be enemy cards? For example

16 66 61

Let's say I put down the bold one. If 16 and 61 are enemy cards, they should flip, yes? But what if 16 is an enemy card but not 61? Will I still get the 16 card?

I haven't played Triple Triad since like 1999 and I forgot all this stuff.

Yes you will flip the card. Same and Plus rules don't discriminate between card colors, it only triggers when the numbers are right. :)

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
The Triple Triad App is such wasted potential.

30 minute waits between games ridiculous.

They could have actually made money off this app if they got rid of energy and just sold card packs like Hearthstone or any other intelligently created TCG app.

Not a fan at all.
Agreed, the wait is just too much.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Why can't they just release a simple Triple Triad app ? And not just this hub thing filled of junk... Is there any good TT clone out there ?

Better yet, why haven't they released this App on Steam? I want Triple Triad on PC outside of FF8. :(

mattp

so, in order to play triple triad within this portal app, it has to do a secondary download
but while that thing downloads, it doesn't keep the phone awake? and if the screen goes off, the download pauses

this is already annoying enough that im probably gonna just delete the fucking app

Vyse24

Nice. Downloading it right now.

BTW, did anyone ever go to Triple Triad Advance? Place used to be hoppin, but now it seems deserted.

AgeEighty

Is this app the replacement for Libra Eorzea that they've been using as the reason for not letting me log in and look at my character for the past few months?

AgeEighty

This is more of a global Final Fantasy info app. Not a FFXIV app.

Right, but I was thinking perhaps they'd integrated the XIV functionality into it. Libra Eorzea's login feature has been disabled for a while now "while they prepare to transition to a new app".

Valus

Why can't they just release a simple Triple Triad app ? And not just this hub thing filled of junk... Is there any good TT clone out there ?

Better yet, they just need to release like a Golden Saucer app filled with FF minigames. That would be so lucrative for them.

katagai

30 minute wait to play a 1 minute game... SE I am disappoint.

Well, it was probably that or the random rule everywhere.

t4bYxrX.png

I can't for the life of me figure out how to sign in to my square enix account

It just auto logs in without asking me anything

Also the libra eorzea refuses to launch. Tap the button and nothing

Good app.

Man, I'm loving this game. But running out of crystals sucks. I won't crack though.

I really wish I could just buy the game outright. I'd drop a $20 one time payment for this.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
It appears this is separate from FF14 Triple Triad? If so, missed opportunity. I remember when I madly posted about it on their forums that they should do this, way back in 2010.

Top Bottom