• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy real time tech demo - Luminous Studio [Up3: Survey/Screens/Video]

iJTMFZ6jo3Qoj.jpg

Beth Cyra

I might be alone and thats fine but besides the tech being amazing I didn't like it at all.

For the first time in a long time, if they showed that and at the end it said FF XV, I would be competely fine knowing I wouldn't preorder or ever buy it.

Cool character models though.

Jonm1010

Banned
I should not expect next gen graphics to look like that, right? Because after Watch Dogs (that will probably be a shared title) and Star Wars 1313, i'm getting my hopes up, but i also remember of the doom&gloom arguments about 720 and ps4 specs.

That's how I feel too.

If games looked that good I'd never need another gen, end of story.

Something something diminishing returns.

I seriously hope all of these tech demos get a chance to become reality within the next few years. It would be a terrible shame if MS and Sony were actually as underpowered as they're reported to be and we had to wait another 10 years to actually get games like this in real time.

Epcott

Universe is a nice change of pace. Shaky cam was pretty bad.

Overall, this video (along with Last of Us and Watch_Dogs) is the highlight of this week for me.

Guys, don't forget to do the survey on the official page: https://form.square-enix.com/a.p/933/
Left a comment about the welcome change in style, and the distracting "shaky cam" that is best left in a FPS. Also, that I hope the gameplay offers as much freedom as implied in the video.

Duderz

Banned
I did the survey, which speaks volumes in itself.

No stupid j-pop designs like Gackt. No horrible k-pop tunes. Some amazing designs though. For a tech demo, and coming from Square Enix, I'm very interested. Much more so in this than anything they've shown all generation.

teiresias

Oh wow. Once the horrible voice actor they had for the old guy finally stopped talking I was sitting here amazed, and I have a decent PC, so it's not like I haven't seen some impressive stuff.

I absolutely loved the art direction in this, and I'm someone who's far more partial to the FFXI, FFXII, and FFXIV art styles than anything that's been coming out of Square Enix lately.

Of course, if this were FFXV I'd love the introductory section in that slum with the downtrodden religious sects, and then the minute the game moves to the "future city" in the distance of the last shot it will probably turn into FFXIII with characters wearing too many zippers and buckles.

I'm not really sure what was happening, but I kind of like the implication that using magic is almost painful, as if she was feeling it every time she cast lightning.

Loved the music too, but I'm sure it was just some stock music like they license for film trailers, so I'm not getting my hopes up in that regard.

raven777

you know what surprised me most?

SE actually showed the official, high-res screenshots and video of this straight away to public!

That video looked awesome.

And then there's that Final Fantasy Dimensions atrocity.

I don't know what to expect from SE anymore. Both awesome and awful.

Derrick01

Banned
That came out of nowhere to me but it looked pretty great. I had no idea what was going on, but it looked pretty.

I'll need to see gameplay though because if it's just normal jrpg combat then I'm out, but god damn I definitely want to see more.

Top Bottom