• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy real time tech demo - Luminous Studio [Up3: Survey/Screens/Video]

Amir0x

Banned
definitely looks much more appealing stylistically than their last however many Final Fantasy games that aren't called FFXII. Voting yes to this.

but fuck shaky cam yo, wth

raven777

I wish they had 1080P image without words for this

top_en.jpg

want it as wallpaper

Xpliskin

not a lot looked like it would be too much for next gen consoles, and that's considering the (confirmed?) target specs.

If the rumored target specs are semi-true, then only slightly too much.

I expect end generation games to look slightly less detailed than this demo.

apana

Damn Final Fantasy 7 sure is different from how I remember it.

What is the philosophy they were talking about? I hope they make this into a game.

StuBurns

Banned
I can certainly believe we'll get games that look this good next-gen. Not from day one certainly, but at some point. It's a huge leap, but it seems very possible to me.

I want that survey to get Dark Souls PC petition levels of attention....Should have its own thread, or at least be in the OP. This is a chance to actually let SE know its ok to try something totally new and different with a series they refuse to change.

And for the love of god people, don't spam it with FF7 remake requests. They aren't doing it, and its going to completely turn them off from taking the responses seriously.

soultron

Banned
The lighting, hair (?!), and particle effects looked really nice. Interested to see where they take this. Did the survey.

Good gravy, my jaw hit the floor. It's the closest S-E could come to totally redeeming itself this show, short of showing actual titles or announcing release dates.

If the rumored target specs are semi-true, then only slightly too much.

I expect end generation games to look slightly less detailed than this demo.
indeed, didn't mean launch of course, but we should get something close to this. Not like a FF game will be early-gen anyway lol.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
not a lot looked like it would be too much for next gen consoles, and that's considering the (confirmed?) target specs.

The 1080p is the most unrealistic part to me.

If you sit at 720p, even at the low end rumors this isn't really that unfeasible.

Looking at the 1080p shots you can find a lot of flaws in everything, which helps believability even more.

I know how to take out words, of course. But I don't know how to make that 1080P without losing any quality.
Unless the picture is stored on the website at a higher resolution, there isn't a way. There will be some loss of quality, the amount depending on the algorithm used to upscale it.

-Winnie-

Goddamn, at first I thought it was for this gen. :,)
Absolutely stunning video, if this is what next gen looks like, I'll be happy.

The 1080p is the most unrealistic part to me.

If you sit at 720p, even at the low end rumors this isn't really that unfeasible.

Looking at the 1080p shots you can find a lot of flaws in everything, which helps believability even more.
I don't expect 1080p for many games at all next generation anyway!

I want this to be FFXV. Seriously. It's not so much the graphic quality but the setting and main character. That city scape with the slums in front of it was just a great concept. The lead character looks like a really nice change of pace from previous FF leads. Just give it to me. Call it FFXV or whatever and give it to me.

Screw Versus.

Rpgmonkey

Everything else was pretty good except their "vision of the world", to quote the survey. Pretty much all of it seemed very typical for something based on Final Fantasy to me, so I can't say I found it all that impressive (or disappointing).

Wouldn't be mad if this was a concept for FFXV though.

rataven

What to do, what to do. I very much would like to see more of this world. But it's a tech demo. And we all know what happens to SE tech demos.

squidyj

I liked everything except that voice acting :l

cloth physics was nice, the lighting was great bokeh motion blur nothing looked out of place.

Luminous is a hell of an engine.

~Kinggi~

Banned
Hell, the FF 13 engine is mighty impressive and they have barely used the fucking thing. They need to be pimping that shit out.

Goli

I just wish SE abandoned their thing with hair where it looks like all their characters never wash it. Or they use a lot of gel.

Top Bottom